PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys do this? :)

sack316
08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Deeman? Wolfie? Gayle? Eg8R? Bobby? Q? etc. etc. etc.? Because I'm used to getting all kinds of spam and junk in my inbox. My email tells me quite often that my erections apparently are not up to par. Or that I should lose weight fast. Or that Oprah says I should drink green tea. Or that someone in some foreign land has given me some money. Or that this brazilian chick had fun riding a horse or something /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif BUT...

Today was a new one for me. I got something about joining/renewing my membership to AARP... and getting a nice free travel kit for doing so! You guys know I am very sensitive about my age. I'll be 29 in about a month and a half for goodness sakes, and I do realize my faculties are slipping and I have become a bit more cranky and senile on here over the years. But this wasn't funny! And I'm gonna hunt down whoever set me up... right after my afternoon nap, just before I leave to hit the early bird special at Denny's. What was I talking about again?

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-22-2008, 10:45 AM
I started getting AARP stuff when I turned 50. It's depressing.

Here's a funny one. I stopped at the convenience store and got some beer and they carded me (they card everybody with a pulse) then I went to the grocery store and they asked me if I had a Golden Buckeye (Ohio senior citizen discount) card. Strange.

wolfdancer
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
It's never too early to start getting prepared....
29 is a great age...but I then remember that fateful day when I turned 30...I had aged 10 years overnite, and life was over, I thought....(don't trust anyone over 30 was the mantra back then)
I was depressed for about 6 months, and then the Doctor put me on Tangaruay and tonic to help me get over that....well, not a real medical doctor, just the local bartender...
You'll know you have arrived, when they bring you the Senior's menu, without asking, to you at "Lenny's" (an old joke) a one egg,one sausage patty "special" I think it's a right wing conspiracy to starve us to death, and save on SS.

Deeman3
08-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I remember the last time I dunked a basketball I was 29. A few weeks later, at 30, I just could not get up there anymore. 30 years old, 6 ' 2", 195 lbs and white man's legs....all good has to end...but at 30! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif