PDA

View Full Version : We won't let it happen here in Alabama!

sack316
08-22-2008, 11:42 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

All of the Wal-Marts across Alabama sold out of ammunition as of yesterday.

A reliable source said
that one of the purchasers commented that while Russia may have invaded Georgia , they sure as
hell ain't doin' that to Alabama .

Sack

wolfdancer
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I was going to move to Ala, but couldn't afford the accouterments.
The pickup truck with a rifle rack, the rifle, (ammo?), the mounted deer's head, bib coveralls, and plaid shirt.
I could have scrimped and saved, but when I found out about the culinary delights, possum, hog maws, chitlins', fried bananas, collard greens....I realized that my palate was much too refined for this rudimentary, (barbaric) diet....besides, they'd a had me pegged for a liberal, the first time I bought a round at the local bar.
Getting back to your post though...I know you guys are handy with a gun down there...but what if the animals could shoot back?

sack316
08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Oddly I'm not into the hunting and fishing and such. But to answer your question, I'd guess we'd train them to do our huntin' for us so that we may stay home and watch The Auburn or Alabama game

Sack

Deeman3
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to move to Ala, but couldn't afford the accouterments.
The pickup truck with a rifle rack, the rifle, (ammo?), the mounted deer's head, bib coveralls, and plaid shirt.
I could have scrimped and saved, but when I found out about the culinary delights, possum, hog maws, chitlins', fried bananas, collard greens....I realized that my palate was much too refined for this rudimentary, (barbaric) diet....besides, they'd a had me pegged for a liberal, the first time I bought a round at the local bar.
Getting back to your post though...I know you guys are handy with a gun down there...but what if the animals could shoot back?
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I stopped hunting several years ago as I enjoy watching the animals much more than liking them but support the right of others to do so. My weapons are only for decoration, the occasional animal euthenasia and settling who gets the break in one pocket. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

wolfdancer
08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
I think you got yer priorities straight...
I haven't played, nor watched a game of one pocket in years.
It's kind of boring for many, but I enjoy the strategy, and the cue ball control.

wolfdancer
08-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Hunting season (http://www.minyanville.com/mvtv/?videoid=244&offset=0)

Deeman3
08-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I like the idea of the animals shooting back. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Yes, I have aweakness for one pocket although it is not my best game. How can it be as only about 50 people in the state even play. I think it is by far the best game in cue sports with the offense, defense and overall strategy. About the only time I can play is in Derby City and it takes me a few days to adjust to the game again each year. They are having a tournament in Gulfport, Mississippi (See Gitmo) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif in early November so i may saddle up for that.

wolfdancer
08-22-2008, 02:05 PM
I should take back the part about not watching a game of one pocket in years...I did watch Efran play Jason Miller in the finals in Derby City...via the internet....
but to quote Bobby Jones (speaking about Jack Nicklaus) "he(Efran) plays a game of which I am not familiar"
I also like this quote from Bobby:
"Some people think they are concentrating when they're merely worrying."
At the league play level...you can really see that often...

eg8r
08-22-2008, 02:30 PM
LOL, hilarious. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
08-23-2008, 12:28 AM
deeman, guess you haven't been this way in a while. There is always a one pocket game going on now it seems. I actually enjoy it a lot since my shooting is still a little off, yet my mind can still think my way ahead of an average opponent. Thus I can stand a chance vs. a better shooter so long as one pocket isn't their game /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

But next time you're this way let me know. Either I'll play with ya or I can point you towards about 20 people that will. We've even had the occasion of some folks coming from b'ham and mobile just for the purposes of a one pocket matchup. And also much to my surprise, I've seen a small growth of some straight pool going on too. Guess our billard tastes are getting a bit more refined round the Montgomery area.

Sack