PDA

View Full Version : Bullitt

Vapros
08-11-2002, 07:31 PM
I'm watching Bullitt for the twentieth time. Even after 34 years, them two no-goodniks still hit that gas station every time. Wow!! There'll never be another car chase like that one. Steve McQueen forever!

BLACKHEART
08-11-2002, 07:53 PM
I never tire of that movie...JER

Cueless Joey
08-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Never mind the chase. Jackie Bisset was a hottie. She has to be the prettiest movie chick of all time.
Car chase was superb. But the French Connection was too.
But the best car chase ever was in to Live and Die in L.A.
Count this in the bs thread list? LOL

PQQLK9
08-11-2002, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Never mind the chase. Jackie Bisset was a hottie. She has to be the prettiest movie chick of all time.
Car chase was superb. But the French Connection was too.
But the best car chase ever was in to Live and Die in L.A.
Count this in the bs thread list? LOL <hr></blockquote>

My vote for best ever car chase goes to the BLUES BROTHERS /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
08-11-2002, 09:28 PM
No question about that. Blues Brothers gets my vote everytime.

Kato

nAz
08-11-2002, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Deffintely the best car chase ever, [censored] its the grand daddy of car chases. 1968 Dodge Charger and a 1968 Mustang GT For nine minutes and 12 seconds of film, not a word is spoken! awesome. i believe there was a Balabushka cue in the charge but it blew up with the car lol.
2nd Vanishing point that Dodge Challenger was nasty!
3rd Gone in 60 Seconds (1974) originall one
4th French connection
and somewhere in my list mad max &amp; road warrior

Vapros
08-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Yeah, but the Blues Brothers chase was only slapstick. The one in Bullitt was realistic - it could have happened. It never intended to make anyone laff.

Voodoo Daddy
08-12-2002, 04:45 AM
All great car chase scene's. I will add the chase scene through France in "Ronin" with the Audi A-8...fantastic footage. Vanishing Point, a classic...one car {White Challenger} they used in the movie was at "Don Garlits Car Museum" in Ocala Florida. Bullit still reigns supreme... Any McQueen fans should check out "Any given Sunday". Remeber, McQueen+ Motorcycle= great flick!!

Doctor_D
08-12-2002, 05:00 AM
Good morning:

Definitely a great flick... I still get motion sickness just watching them race through the streets of San Francisco.

Dr. D.

Kato
08-12-2002, 06:23 AM
I forgot, my true favorite chase "Duel". The truck chasing that dude. Classic.

Kato

PQQLK9
08-12-2002, 06:34 AM
For that reality touch...watch any Los Angeles TV station...24/7 real time action...

Lester
08-12-2002, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vapros:</font><hr> I'm watching Bullitt for the twentieth time. Even after 34 years, them two no-goodniks still hit that gas station every time. Wow!! There'll never be another car chase like that one. Steve McQueen forever! <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;While they were filming the "chase scenes", Steve McQueen begged them to let him drive one. Finally, the director relented. They set it up, Steve was told to drive down the hill, lock the breaks up and make a right turn going down another hill. In his excitement, he skidded past his turn. He got so mad that he threw it in reverse and literally smoked the tires backing up the 40 feet. Threw it in first and shot down the street. It looked so good that the director left it in. ***Lester***

08-12-2002, 08:19 AM

bluewolf
08-12-2002, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vapros:</font><hr> I'm watching Bullitt for the twentieth time. Even after 34 years, them two no-goodniks still hit that gas station every time. Wow!! There'll never be another car chase like that one. Steve McQueen forever! <hr></blockquote>

i do not know that movie but i do not like chase movies unless there is a fabulous plot and great character development.

bluewolf

Lester
08-12-2002, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Sorry to bust your bubble about Steve McQueen. In real life he was an $ss$ole supreme. He came to our little town of Vinton Va and rode he horse up on the church lawn for cyring out loud. Then at all of the festivities he was dart as a fart. This was 30 years ago. I liked his acting however, but I wouldn't place him that high on the totem pole. <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I met him in 1969 in Baja, California at a dune buggy event. He was bearded, had long hair and looked like he was homeless. I was the only one of my group that recognized him. He showed up trailering two dune buggies, and he wouldn't quit until he made it up the selected hill. He was the only one who made it to the top that day. Only talked with him for about a half an hour so I can't say I saw his "A-hole" side. However I was truly impressed with his "no-quit" side. But for acting, he was the epitome of "quiet-cool". ***Lester***

Vapros
08-12-2002, 09:51 AM
It's not a chase movie, bw. It's a classic crime picture with a fabulous car chase included. You should see it.

bluewolf
08-12-2002, 09:58 AM
thanks. whitwolf and i will rent the vhs. if i really like a movie enough to see it over and over, then i get the dvd

we bought the hustler and color of money yesterday.

i look for bargains. often at wallmart i find great older movies on dvd for 9.99.

bluewolf

08-12-2002, 10:25 AM

bluewolf
08-12-2002, 10:32 AM
i could list my 20 favorites, but i guess that would be another thread. sigh.

bluewolf

Lester
08-12-2002, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> I have seen it about 5 times. Good movie, but not in my top 20. The most I have ever watched a movie is around 15 times (Unforgiven), so I know how much you must enjoy it. <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I like when Gene Hackman says "You just killed an unarmed man". Clint Eastwood replies "Well, he shoulda armed himself". ***Lester***

Tom_In_Cincy
08-12-2002, 05:49 PM
Great movie.. great car chase.... has to be in the top 3 car chases of all time..

My vote goes for a great car chase was in a Robert DeNiro movie called "Ronin" 1998, chase scene in Rome had me hitting the seat in front of me thinking it was the breaks.

But, so did Bullitt...

NH_Steve
08-13-2002, 05:12 AM
Picked this up over at RSB -- apparently on DVD, but not distributed in the US yet...
http://www.stickmen.co.nz/