PDA

View Full Version : Sack...on becoming a billionaire

wolfdancer
08-22-2008, 03:13 PM
If i remember this correctly, H.L. Hunt rode the trains in the early part of the century, just to get into the big poker games on board. He played pretty good and as part of his winnings, he won leases and the rights to what were abandoned cotton fields...and then oil was discovered on them, while at the same time the auto was becoming popular....
Might not be that easy nowadays, since J.P. Getty is quoted as saying "the meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights"

sack316
08-23-2008, 12:31 AM
excellent thought there. But knowing my luck the final line of your post would be more accurate. I'd probably win me some land... but I'm sure the government would lay claim to what's beneath it if something valuable were found.

Hoping to get some playing time in this weekend (finally a weekend off!), but I really screwed up on some of my finances and haven't given myself much to work with. May just have to resume my freerolling to ten grand experiment for the time being.

Sack

Chopstick
08-23-2008, 06:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">excellent thought there. But knowing my luck the final line of your post would be more accurate. I'd probably win me some land... but I'm sure the government would lay claim to what's beneath it if something valuable were found.

Hoping to get some playing time in this weekend (finally a weekend off!), but I really screwed up on some of my finances and haven't given myself much to work with. May just have to resume my freerolling to ten grand experiment for the time being.

Sack </div></div>A more likely scenario is some tree hugger will come along and find some inch long caterpillar living there and declare it's right to exist is more important than yours.

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Given that the Honey Bee is vanishing, and every third mouthful of food we eat is dependent on the Honey Bee, the anti conservationists will not be very popular, in years to come.

There is a predicted food crises, and along that, those scientists who have warned us about global warming, are increasing in numbers, as more alarm from their studies supports their on-going emergency concerns and warnings.

What I find so interesting about the party which seems always at odds with its own philosophies, the party of the neocons, is that they've traditionally advertised themselves as being more in line with God, than the Democratic party, eventhough it isn't logical that any God would look kindly on the overall Republican Program, bomb the innocent, trash the earth, and let the kids worry about it when they can't live upon it because neocons were pigs throughout the decades that could have made the difference.

There is nothing that I find more offensive than people who would label those who care about this beautiful earth, as tree huggers.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
08-23-2008, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What I find so interesting about the party which seems always at odds with its own philosophies, the party of the neocons, is that they've traditionally advertised themselves as being more in line with God, than the Democratic party, eventhough it isn't logical that any God would look kindly on the overall Republican Program, bomb the innocent, trash the earth, and let the kids worry about it when they can't live upon it because neocons were pigs throughout the decades that could have made the difference.

</div></div>

He flooded the planet for 40 days and 40 nights. He sent down pestilence and plague to man. He is a republican /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif (it was a joke, don't throw that one back in my face later on lol)

"Conquest, War, Famine/Pestilence and Death"... indeed the Apocalypse is upon us. Then again, I guess in some way, shape, or form, this has all been upon us since the beginning of recorded history

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is nothing that I find more offensive than people who would label those who care about this beautiful earth, as tree huggers.
</div></div>

I never unserstood why activists find this as an offensive term anyway. I would assume the term came about being based on those that chained themselves to trees to prevent the cutting of forests and such. "Tree Huggers" should take some pride and say "Hells yeahs I am, and damn proud of it".

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Generally speaking I don't embrace Rebonics. I find it to be a kind of reverse reality.

The Term is now used to describe the Democratic Party, and all forms of concerns about our planet. Just another way to slander all those who understand the continued abuse of burning fossil fuels, the corporate trashing of the oceans, and atmosphere, and on-going insertion of poisons, and ecoli into our food and products. The term, "Tree Hugger" is among the most damaging of all. I suppose the neocons didn't get the importance of protecting our trees, OR protecting the Rain Forest, or the ocean, or the coastline, or anything else good in the world that can be savaged in the interest of the corporate fascist pigs, at the expense of future and present generations, or the resulting bad effects on the general health of humans and animals.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
08-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Gayle, I've also read about the honey bees, and the concerns of some experts about their vanishing numbers.
There may be some excesses, but not every conservationist is a
"tree hugger".
Sometimes I think these anti-everything right wing extremists, just oppose anything that will affect their life style...and f**k the next generation (s).

cheesemouse
08-23-2008, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, I've also read about the honey bees, and the concerns of some experts about their vanishing numbers.
There may be some excesses, but not every conservationist is a
"tree hugger".
Sometimes I think these anti-everything right wing extremists, just oppose anything that will affect their life style...and f**k the next generation (s).
</div></div>...they particularly like war with no personal sacrifice...that's the one that really gets them hard...

wolfdancer
08-23-2008, 03:28 PM
it's one thing to support the war, another thing to be personally involved in it.
Chickenhawks (http://www.symbolman.com/chickenhawks.html)