PDA

View Full Version : Short list of V.P.s

wolfdancer
08-22-2008, 07:21 PM
It won't matter who Barack nominates for a running mate....their chances of making this list are slim...while Dick Cheney at least should get (dis)honorable mention for the #1 spot, and Dan ( you say potato, and I say potatoe ) Quayle probably doesn't deserve to be there
VP (http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1834600_1834604_1834591,00.html)

My personal favorite is Johnson, Richard M., not the other guy.
"While in office, he proposed an expedition to the North Pole so Americans could drill to the center of the Earth, believing the planet was hollow (his resolution was defeated)."
Today he'd be drilling for oil....to get the prices down to $1.50
Our most vulgar VP, but way ahead of the curve in racial relations.

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 08:34 AM
The list of Republican VP's is like recalling a comedy show. Only two that I can think of that weren't disasters!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
08-23-2008, 08:46 AM
It's hard to think of any VP as a "disaster". Hell, most people can't even remember who they were. Probably because they really do very little. The only ones with any significant records are the ones who ended up as President.

Quick...Who was Eisenhour's VP?
Roosevelt's? (either one)
see what I mean?

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 08:49 AM
If you don't know who eisenhower's VP was, politics should be off the list of subjects you discuss! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
08-23-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm sure if Ike was alive today...he'd like to forget who his VP was.
And I have done a little reading on Henry Wallace in the past, but wouldn't be surprised that he isn't "well" remembered...in fact the Dems would like to forget about him.
And who can forget "Give-em-hell Harry" ?
I think GWB would have liked to have been around then, so he could give the order to use the bomb...

Gayle in MD
08-24-2008, 08:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think GWB would have liked to have been around then, so he could give the order to use the bomb...
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">LOL, good one. Instead, his whole administration bombed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Nothing is more comical than when Bush tries to justify his incompetence by hinting that Americans aren't savvy enough to appreciate him like the historians will. LMAO! Same ol' state of denial, huh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</span>

wolfdancer
08-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Bush actually said that?????
We might not be savvy enough....but history will not treat him kindly....I can't think of a worse President, nor a more incompetent one...but that's just my opinion.
He seems to be a hero to many here,

Gayle in MD
08-25-2008, 06:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He seems to be a hero to many here,
</div></div>

LOL, consider the source. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif