PDA

View Full Version : The Obama text; gaffe? Poke at Clinton?

sack316
08-23-2008, 10:24 AM
So with perhaps millions signing up and giving out their info to what will surely just be a datamining experiment, did Obama mess up by not coming through with his word? The idea was that by being a supporter and signing up for this that Joe Everyman could get this huge news at the exact same time as everyone else. Implied was that you or I would read this text and have the news at the exact same time as anyone else. A hefty promise indeed, and understandably a difficult thing to keep fully under wraps. And kudos for keeping it a secret for as long as it was kept. But still, it wasn't followed through with as advertised. I saw the confirmations last night around 10-11pm (at least 4 hours before any texts were sent out). As impossible as it may have been, bottom line is it was still a promise (mind you, a hefty one) that was not met as advertised. And he's basing his candidacy on many many hefty and difficult promises to follow through on. As minor as this may be, could it just be a microcosm for the whole thing?

And also, I noticed that the texts seem to have been sent out at 3:00 in the morning. That sounds eerily familiar to something I head somewhere along the way in the primaries. Why not start rapidly sending as soon as the story broke, to at least try to make it close? Or send in the morning when most people would be awake? Why was 3 in the morning chosen? Could it be one last jab at a former opponent?

Sack

pooltchr
08-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I still don't think I want him in the White House answering that phone call at 3AM...but at least he has a staff that can send out a bunch of text messages at that time of night!

I think the whole thing is nuts. He wants to appeal to the younger "hip" generation by sending out this massive text message news release, and he does it AFTER LAST CALL!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif It his base is anything like my college kid, they won't even be getting up till noon on a Saturday!

Steve