PDA

View Full Version : Agreement reached with USA on exiting in 2011

Sid_Vicious
08-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Is it just me, or is the chimp simply full filling, foolishly, as far as "the good of the country" on what he said for this war HE STARTED not being over before his tern is over?

Here's my take: The CHIMP knows that a dem will be in office after this election, it is a mess which can't be fixed today, and he is stupidly NOT caring for this country's future by organizing this time as a deliberate ploy to aid the reps in the second election.

It is total BS to see this idiot playing for withdrawal, as much as I personally agree that we should have got the-F out long ago, from Iraq. So here it is, "The Ed's and Wally's will applaud the reversal, call it a tribute to GWB's legacy, BUT I personally find it deplorable as he is obviously having one of his strings yanked again, besides the blank stupidity the chimp has always shown, during this spoon fed "I am a patriot who cares for the soldiers." Frankly the chimp knows that Obama will draw down after elected, and the chimp is simply playing with the lives of those people still in Iraq who we call our Proudest. It makes me sick!!!sid

You wanna worry!

pooltchr
08-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I believe Obama said he would do it in less time that that. Looks like GW is giving him a little bit of a cushion.
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
That about covers it. If he continues to stonewall bringing our people home, and out of the line of IED's he can then dump the whole thing into the lap of Democratics, whichever way things go, he can jump free of responsibility. He doesn't give a flying F. about anything, or anybody but his own sorry ass.

Repulsive. He vetoed more aid and assistance for our veterans. That says it all. McCain, backed him up.

Two repulsive traitors to our troops. End of story.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

jayalley
08-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Just stop for a second and look at the viciousness in the above post by Gayle in Md.

An emotionally overwrought woman in her bathrobe with the liberty (and, apparently, the resources) to sit around and abuse a computer for several hours a day in 8,000 posts is calling John McCain a "repulsive traitor."

It's a great country, isn't it?

wolfdancer
08-25-2008, 06:11 PM
She also visits the wounded vets at the hospital, which may make her a little more emotionally involved then say, your avg chicken hawk, who is totally removed from the dangers and consequences of this war.
While traitor may be an unfortunate choice of words...she's just lashing out at anybody that wants to prolong this conflict, at the cost of more lives lost, more lives ruined...when even the country we are "liberating" no longer wants us over there.
There was news today about a couple dozen Iraqi Doctors that have returned...followed by the line that over 500 had left to escape the violence since the U.S. led invasion.( one could read lots into that line)
It is a great country, where even a liberal can make a nice income, have those kind of resources...and also voice their dissent against Big Brother and the holding company...Haliburton

pooltchr
08-25-2008, 07:51 PM
It gets even better when she forgets her meds! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
Steve

sack316
08-25-2008, 09:11 PM
you know, I wanted to post more about this earlier. I actually thought of starting a thread about it. But then I thought to myself "self," (that's that I call me in my head) "Self, why not just wait and see what people say when something is actually done... when GWB actually does what the other side wanted. Be it too late, be it the wrong way or for the wrong reasons or whatever... just wait and see if they will still complain even when they got what they wanted". And I must say, I am not surprised one bit.

I'm not gonna praise Bush. I'm never even gonna consider him an average president. But I'll be damned if you wouldn't still find fault if he fixed every ill in this country and the world, handed you a million bucks, and granted you three wishes. There's still be something to bitch about.

Nobody has to give even give a compliment about it. But why not at least some kind of acknowledgement, you can even say "hey maybe he even made a decision he won't F** up". Or you can even take credit and say "finally he sees the light... our way". But apparently no matter what he does, it will be wrong. He could shit rainbows and all it would be is still shit to some of you.

Sack

wolfdancer
08-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Sack, I'm sorry, but I think he's just trying to salvage his own legacy, with this switch in position, and this late into his Presidency....plus he's just passing the buck to the next guy. A few weeks back we were on our way to win with the surge?.....what if he had another term...would he even mention withdrawal? He could go on national Tv, proclaim his guilt, and abject failures as a President; and offer to spend the rest of his days as a Carmelite Friar or Nun, in atonement....and he still would be reviled by many, by most...
You have to face it, he is not a popular President, and one that has come under fire for many decisions that he has made. This move won't redeem him, nor make people less angry....you guys may think he "walks on water"...but you are in a small minority

Is it the right move to withdraw...well, now even he thinks it is???....but a weakened Iraq, almost defenseless now against Iran if it decides to take advantage of the situation????
It's kind of a damned if we do, damned if we don't.

pooltchr
08-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Wolf, I don't think anyone thinks he walks on water. Even Ed has voiced his opinion when he didn't agree with GW.
What is frustrating is that some are now defending everything the Dem canidiate does, good or bad, with the same old arguement...well at least he isn't Bush!

GW had his chance. He did some good and some bad. Name any president that hasn't done the same. I agree it's time for new leadership...but not just change for the sake of change. Positive change would be good. The goal should be to make things BETTER, not just DIFFERENT.

I would be quite happy if we didn't re-elect ANYBODY. I honestly believe the only way to fix what's broke in DC is to clean house in the white house and in congress. Fresh eyes might be the only hope. But at the same time, new isn't always better. We need to evaluate the individuals we send to Washington, and not vote because of the jersey they wear.

Steve

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 05:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> or is the chimp simply

Here's my take: The CHIMP knows that a dem will

Frankly the chimp knows

and the chimp is simply playing

sid

You wanna worry! </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">As name calling is now an acceptable thing when addressing the president, perhaps we should start referring to Obama as the Baboon. Find anything wrong with that? </span>

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 08:40 AM
It was the wrong war, in the wrong place, at the wrong time. (Gee, didn't someone who ran for president actually say those words?) Nothing will ever change that. The results have been disasterous for our country. The invasion, and removoing Saddam in the way that he did it, thumbing his nose at the whole world, and failing to consider the un-intended, far reaching possible consequences, has not been in the best interests of our country, or Iraq.

Bush was warned by experts, generals, even Colin Power, he refused to listen. I don't give him any credit, at all, after being a bullheaded, arrogant, dictator, for years, and costing so many people, innocent people, their lives, and health, and ruining so many others, that he finally decided to listen, and send in more troops, when it is too late.

Many American and Iraqi lives could have been saved, if he had listened from the start, instead of giving the axe to everyone who didn't agree with his unrealistic fantasy ideas. There are hundreds of thousands of lives that will never be the same, while he is back in Texas, with his feet up, as he puts it.

Voting for a man who doesn't know the difference between Sunni, and Shiite, would be about as intelligent as voting for a third term for Bush!

There is nothing this man could do to win my approval, and for excellent reasons. Any republicans who don't like that, are surely not considering the full impact of his failed presidency, which has cost America and Iraq, far more than they seem to realize, and cost our brave and abused soldiers a great deal more!

We have yet to see how this mess will end. It is far too premature to call anything in Iraq, a success. It's more like cutting the great losses, than winning. Just using the term "winning" in relation to Iraq, is a joke! When McCain uses it, it should send a bolt of reality through every voter, that he, like George Bush, refuses to accept reality, and chooses instead a state of denial. The average American doesn't know jack about foreign policy, or the Middle East, and all the ways in which Bush's war has hurt our country, and set fire to already unstable regions.

What is sad is that some people will subscribe to political propaganda, eventhough they know that our own youth, our own brave soldiers, are over there, making the ultimate sacrifice, without bothering to educate themselves about whether it is the correct policy, or worth the sacrifice that our soldiers have made, and are making.

It wasn't worth it, and it isn't worth it. This is precisely what happens when dishonest, self-serving people get hold of our government, and corporate power threatens our democracy.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She also visits the wounded vets at the hospital, which may make her a little more emotionally involved then say, your avg chicken hawk</div></div>I have been wondering, when she makes these trips is dropping off photocopies of her pinup from decades ago? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-26-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm shocked...you are wondering just how good she looked in a swimsuit?? Do I detect a bit of lasciviousness here as well?
A strong woman is a turn on for many...but remember:
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Beleive me, if he lies to us, and generally screws everything up the way Bush has, I'll be the first to come up with just the right label! And, if those ears are any indication, I'm hoping he'll atleast be able to hear what the experts are telling him.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I did see her dance once and she looked pretty damn good doing that! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sexy aint all about age and smooth lines you young whipersnappers. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The mind is a sexy thing and it last a hell of a lot longer than a firm ass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
08-26-2008, 11:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Voting for a man who doesn't know the difference between Sunni, and Shiite, would be about as intelligent as voting for a third term for Bush!
</div></div>

I love how that continually gets pointed out yet Obama saying he is in the wrong city gets ignored. Even Fox excused him for that... chalking it up to the hectic travel schedule and laughed it off. Which would be correct, in fact, and perfectly excusable. But if McCain were to do that, we'd have about 20 different threads talking about how he's too old and senile to even know where he is.

"Where are you Daddy?" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif that was still cute as hell

Sack

eg8r
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Oh wolfie, reading and comprehension were not your strongest areas. I was just wondering if she was passing on the pic, not how she looked in it. That I could care less.

eg8r

eg8r
08-27-2008, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sexy aint all about age and smooth lines you young whipersnappers.</div></div>Only older people who have no more chance at young age and smooth lines say things like this. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love how that continually gets pointed out yet Obama saying he is in the wrong city gets ignored. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Do you think that those two mistatements are comparable? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </span>

Chopstick
08-27-2008, 08:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sexy aint all about age and smooth lines you young whipersnappers. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The mind is a sexy thing and it last a hell of a lot longer than a firm ass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Listen to you. The last time I saw Deewoman she was pretty damn fine.

Just because you have a woman in the house doesn't mean you actually have to talk to 'em. In most cases that generally leads to trouble. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

So, how many houses do you own?

I'm in a weird mood today. I think I'll go pick on GMD.

Chopstick
08-27-2008, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Voting for a man who doesn't know the difference between Sunni, and Shiite,
</div></div>

So, what is the difference between Sunni and a Shiite? Did you even bother to look it up?

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Look it up? I have been reading about it for years. The differences are vast, and far too complex for an overall definition of either in this format.

Suffice it to say, Sunni, formerly among those who were in power in Iraq before we went in and removed Saddam, and they were in the minority in Iraq. Saudis are Sunni, for example, Iran, Shiite. This of course doesn't begin to address all the other ethnic and religious factions involved, or the Baathist Party of Iraq. bin Laden, a Saudi Arabian, is Sunni.

We now have Iraq, and Iran, both Shiite, where before we went in, the two countries were not of the same persuasion. The Saudis are financing both al Qaeda, and the Sunni insurgents, while Iran is financing the Shiite.

McCain had this backwards. Bush hasn't been able to keep it straight either.

Deeman3
08-27-2008, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

Listen to you. The last time I saw Deewoman she was pretty damn fine.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> She still absolutely does look fine and I can't figure out why she stays, maybe it the number of houses I own.</span>

Just because you have a woman in the house doesn't mean you actually have to talk to 'em. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Who says I talk to her? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> In most cases that generally leads to trouble. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

So, how many houses do you own?

<span style="color: #FF0000">I can't recall but will have my people get with your people. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

I'm in a weird mood today. I think I'll go pick on GMD.
[/quote]

sack316
08-27-2008, 08:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love how that continually gets pointed out yet Obama saying he is in the wrong city gets ignored. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Do you think that those two mistatements are comparable? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </span> </div></div>

No, I don't. Nor was that my point if you would choose to look at my whole post instead of just snipping one line out of it. The main point to it was this part which you left out:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But if McCain were to do that, we'd have about 20 different threads talking about how he's too old and senile to even know where he is.
</div></div>

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 10:57 AM
A lack of understanding about which side is affiliated with which border country in Iraq, is a bit different, IMO.

I don't think the press is giving Obama any more, or less, coverage than obama is getting. McCain isn't providing any new ideas for our future, that's all.

Same ol' same ol' failed republican policies. Drill more oil! Fight more wars. Blow more smoke. Cut more taxes. Make more enemies. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
08-28-2008, 12:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lack of understanding about which side is affiliated with which border country in Iraq, is a bit different, IMO.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, it's not like he thought there were, like, 57 States or anything. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't worry, Deeman, those little mistakes won't happen in the future, since No Child Left Behind.

Our children is learning. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif