PDA

View Full Version : USA and Health Care =, Very Sad

Sid_Vicious
08-25-2008, 08:16 PM
This is deplorable:

"A recent report looked at health coverage for Californians under age 65. It found that California continues to trail the nation, with 22 percent of the population under the age of 65 lacking insurance as compared to only 18 percent nationally. Eighteen percent of a total population of 300 million comes out to 54 million people living in America without health insurance. This is more than the total population of France at 46 million, or the 45 million Spaniards.

In the 21st century, in the last remaining super power and the wealthiest country on the face of the planet, having this many people without any health insurance coverage at all is absolutely shameful."

http://hpgarland.blogspot.com/2006/10/no-health-insurance.html

Sid_Vicious
08-26-2008, 02:16 AM
I expected little. Got that much back. sid

Bobbyrx
08-26-2008, 03:26 AM
So 82 percent of the people ARE covered.......and you think the government should find a way to help the 18 percent or just cover everyone?

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 05:59 AM
He believes in covering everyone especially the illegal aliens that make up much of California's uninsured. Of course, he wants you to pay for it and bring many more in to cover.

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 08:01 AM
I agree, Martin. Something must be done about this. It's a disgrace. There are many sad stories out there about hard working Americans, trying to raise their families, living on the edge, without health insurance. One illness and a person can be ruined. And, the methods used by insurance companies to avoid covering those who are paying the high costs, also disgraceful.

We are living in a time when the acceptable policy is screw the consummer, and they do, left and right.

Ah, the rewards of de-regulation. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in Md.

sack316
08-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Don't worry friends, as usual Billy Mays to the rescue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7d85T4OfqA

he's got my vote /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 08:11 AM
If we could just do that, separate the hard working, uninsured Americans from those that prey off the system, we could fix this health care problem. Problem is, anyone will be tagged as unfortunate weather they be, in fact, persons who have just fallen on hard times or those that are here illegally or have never tried to imporve their lot in life. As it becomes a right of all U.S and non-U.S. citizens to have health care on demand, any incentive to help themselves will go by the wayside.

I hope that the efforts to claim new democrats does not end up costing us our entire heath care system. I know everyone loves Cuba's healthcare system but if the present system is replaced entirely by government run healthcare, I feel everyone will be subjected to second class care, unless you can afford to pay out of pocket for it.

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 08:57 AM
When there is help for people who are ill, I don't find it at all offensive to think that they will get it. No system is ever perfect, but people, and even children, dying and/or losing everything they own, because they can't afford health care, is wrong.

I don't think medical care should be something that only the rich can afford, and that's where we're headed. Even our veterans are not getting decent health care.

I'm glad that the Democratic platform is focussed on our national healthcare disaster, and providing more jobs, by using our tax dollars to re-build our pwn infrastructure, instead of wasting it in the Middle Ease, and by providing more educational services for our veterans, and the jobless, so that people can live more safely and rebuild their lives. After serving our country, I think we owe them. And those who are losing their jobs to outsourcing policies which have gone awry, and unchecked, and threaten our very national security, need assistance, also.

I like the fact that we have atleast one candidate who wants to rebuilc our manufacturing segment, and isn't just telling people, "You're jobs aren't coming back."

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When there is help for people who are ill, I don't find it at all offensive to think that they will get it. No system is ever perfect, but people, and even children, dying and/or losing everything they own, because they can't afford health care, is wrong.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I agree, but healthcare is maore than a hospital stay for the sick. It is a test of our compassion as well as a test of our ability ot deliver it effectively. All care for all who want it is nice but we can't even manage Medicare within any sane financial bounds. As I say, a free for all health care system will end up exactly thta, a free for all that is played and devalued to the extent is will be almost useless for everyone. You may forget the few successful universal health care countries have a much better record of wise deplayoment and usage than we may experience. </span>

I don't think medical care should be something that only the rich can afford, and that's where we're headed. Even our veterans are not getting decent health care.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> It is not only the rich who have good health care, a vast majority of working Americans have good health care. Outside that group are, indeed, some working American who do not have it. We all want to address that as well. Some of us just don't want everyone to abuse a system that is almost doomed to failure when used a a political vote getter. </span>

I'm glad that the Democratic platform is focussed on our national healthcare disaster, and providing more jobs, by using our tax dollars to re-build our pwn infrastructure, instead of wasting it in the Middle Ease, and by providing more educational services for our veterans, and the jobless, so that people can live more safely and rebuild their lives. After serving our country, I think we owe them. And those who are losing their jobs to outsourcing policies which have gone awry, and unchecked, and threaten our very national security, need assistance, also.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I agree on many of these points as well. </span>

I like the fact that we have atleast one candidate who wants to rebuilc our manufacturing segment, and isn't just telling people, "You're jobs aren't coming back."

<span style="color: #FF0000">I think a false promise os a returning high paid manifacturing base is just political posturing. Obama knows better than anyone he can't get the manufacturing base jobs back toi Chicago, no matter how much he promises to. His everyone make new energy devices is great. Let him explin how he will do this. Will he base it on the Danish model? Will that and other progrma work here? Will he send the illegal workers back home to protect American jobs? I expect we will hear these answers this week. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 09:32 AM
AP Today....

The Census Bureau reports that the number of people lacking health insurance dropped by more than 1 million in 2007, the first annual decline since the Bush administration took office.

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 09:46 AM
It will be up in 08. We lost over 500,000 jobs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 09:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will be up in 08. We lost over 500,000 jobs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">It should not make anyone happy that we have lost jobs! I will not be celebrating if we lose jobs under Obama. </span>

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 10:03 AM
I think our country has the wherewithall to bring back manufacturing jobs, in new technology, green technology, and also other industries.

If we addressed the imbalanced trade issues, we could be competitive once again, or atleast manufacture more of what we need, here in America.

Our lack of manufacturing independence has grown into a security threat.

Chopstick
08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is deplorable:

"A recent report looked at health coverage for Californians under age 65. It found that California continues to trail the nation, with 22 percent of the population under the age of 65 lacking insurance as compared to only 18 percent nationally. Eighteen percent of a total population of 300 million comes out to 54 million people living in America without health insurance. This is more than the total population of France at 46 million, or the 45 million Spaniards.

In the 21st century, in the last remaining super power and the wealthiest country on the face of the planet, having this many people without any health insurance coverage at all is absolutely shameful."

http://hpgarland.blogspot.com/2006/10/no-health-insurance.html
</div></div>

There is one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The question is, how can we we arm the other eleven? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick [/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There is one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The question is, how can we we arm the other eleven? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I am doing all I can to improve the averages. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Wally_in_Cincy
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

22 percent of the population under the age of 65 lacking insurance </div></div>

Ironically that is probably about the same percentage of illegal aliens. BTW if anyone wants to do a head count just go to the emergency room on a Saturday afternoon.

sack316
08-26-2008, 11:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick </div></div>

There is one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The question is, how can we we arm the other eleven? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif [/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000">I am doing all I can to improve the averages. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

Deeman, I lack a firearm. I look forward to our next meeting and testing you on this. Gotta make sure you're not pandering afterall

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Illegals are not included in these statistics. That's part of the whole problem, and why the health disaster is much worse than any stitistical information available. Illegals don't buy health insurance, and hence, are not included in the health insurance statistics. Thats why they go to the emergency rooms, get treated, fail to pay the bill, and run hospitals out of business.

Another cherry result of Reagan's pro amnesty administration.

Chopstick
08-27-2008, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Illegals don't buy health insurance, and hence, are not included in the health insurance statistics. </div></div>

Huh?? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

And the 18% of Americans that don't have insurance did what?

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"A recent report looked at health coverage for Californians under age 65. It found that California continues to trail the nation, with 22 percent of the population under the age of 65 lacking insurance as compared to only 18 percent nationally. Eighteen percent of a total population of 300 million comes out to 54 million people living in America without health insurance. This is more than the total population of France at 46 million, or the 45 million Spaniards.
</div></div>

Illegals run from Census statistics. Wally seemed to draw a reference between those without insurance, and the illegal population. We don't even know what the illegal population is, but it is far greater than we can document. The numbers of people here without insurance, is far greater, when you factor in for all those who are not included in any statistical anaylsis.