PDA

View Full Version : Obama is not gonna like this!

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 01:01 PM
For the past several years, the LPGA has impressed upon its membership the importance of communicating effectively in English. As the game's dominance shifts to the East, the LPGA has strengthened its stance. Learning English no longer is a tour suggestion; it's a requirement.

At a mandatory South Korean player meeting Aug. 20 at the Safeway Classic, the tour informed its largest international contingent that beginning in 2009, all players who have been on tour for two years must pass an oral evaluation of their English skills. Failure would result in a suspended membership.

"Hopefully what we're talking about is something that will not happen," said Libba Galloway, the tour's deputy commissioner, of possible suspensions. "If it does, we wouldn't just say, 'Come back next year.' What we would do is work with them on where they fell short, provide them the resources they need, the tutoring ... and when we feel like they need to be evaluated again, we would evaluate."

Galloway said the policy takes effect immediately, but the "measurement time will be at the end of 2009." There are 121 international players from 26 countries on tour; 45 are South Koreans.

Chopstick
08-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I guess they have to do a little better than "I wike hit ball wary mush far." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Of course bama would say we should all learn Korean to watch golf.

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Golf bin berry, berry gut to me.....

sack316
08-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Pokes at Sammy Sosa make Sack sad /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sack--Cub fan