PDA

View Full Version : How curious . . .

Vapros
08-26-2008, 09:17 PM
What a strange system we have, when two politicians aspiring to a nomination can fling mud and bitter insults at each other all spring and then smile at the convention and expect us to believe that suddenly they really love and respect and admire each other.

sack316
08-26-2008, 11:33 PM
the best question I've heard is "What experience has he gained since spring when Hillary said he wasn't experienced enough?" The only response I've heard to that thus far has been shifting the topic to stuff about McCain. Things along the line of "Well she feels he is a better choice than McCain". That's all well and good, but how bout an answer to that question?

Really, in a sense, does this not take away the importance of a primary? Doesn't that just make it a case of "well I'll say anything to try to get elected then, but if not I'll take it all back and didn't really mean it back then". Don't get me wrong, both sides do it. It's just really annoying.

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-27-2008, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vapros</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> then smile at the convention and expect us to believe that suddenly they really love and respect and admire each other. </div></div>

Hillary should have taken acting lessons if she wanted anybody to believe that she supports BHO, after that act last night.

She mouthed the words but the conviction was not there.

Deeman3
08-27-2008, 07:20 AM
I have to give it to Hillary, that was the best political speech I have seen recently. I don't agree she did not do her best, despite the way the democratic party has treated her.

After all, if we admit it, she was the worst nightmare of the Republican Party, even if we played a little Brayer Rabbit to keep her out of the nomination. The funny thing is, the right was prepared to demonize her, as they should, but it turns out her own party and their present nominee did that, better than the right could have hoped for.

I liked her comments on the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits, a good line. While I have always admitted to not liking her, I do feel, as I have said, she would have made a better Prosident than Obama and, perhaps, McCain. In fact, I think she may have been so effective, that she would be dangerous. That aside, she may make a comback in 2012 if Obama loses but by 2016, we will have more female candidates to select from.

Despite our political feelings, I think we have to admit she was and may remain a political force and, aside from her husband, is now the most powerful speech deliverer in town. I have no problem complimenting a job well done. She did hold back on McCain, but it's Biden's job to assasinate him, politically that is.

Obama can't complain as she did all she was asked. Now we shall see how well he comes across. The partisanship on all three networks I watched were clearly open cheering or jeering among the "News" coverage.