PDA

View Full Version : CNN DNC Coverage

Bobbyrx
08-26-2008, 09:46 PM
For some reason on my Direct TV package Fox is not in HD so I always turn to CNN (which is in HD) when they are covering the same event. I may have seen the funniest thing in my life when watching Hillary being introduced and all the applause was going on, the CNN cameras went to Bill. Watching him mouth "I love you" over and over was about enough to make me fall out of my chair. Then when CNN went to the first commercial after the speech......."The Democratic National Convention....proudly brought to you by...Exxon Mobil". It was priceless

eg8r
08-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Alright, well we all know Bill will say (or mouth) whatever he is supposed to say when the camera's are on (or he saw an intern in the back) but Exxon Mobile as a sponser? I guess the only positive to take from this is that at least it was not Citgo. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
08-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Is it just me or the older Bill gets the more he looks like WC Fields? nose and all...

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
It isn't just you.

Deeman3
08-27-2008, 09:34 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 12:48 AM
alluding to your post on not voting
W.C. Fields is quoted as saying:
"I never vote for anyone. I always vote against."

Deeman3
08-28-2008, 07:25 AM
My take on the Obama thing may be a little different than others on the right. I say A) Why support a man (McCain) if he does not, on the whole, make you comfortable with his positions and can assure you and the country of his ability ot do the job at a very high level. B) We have asked our minority young men to stop that silly "Victim" mentality that has defined several generations beyond the actual acts that were done against their race and not play on that past tense guilt.

Obama has done that, for the most part. Although he is for a system that I can't support, treating all disadvantaged as the same, regardless of their foibles or legitimate misfortune, he has not played the victim himself and is uplifting rather than "let's tear down whitey!"

For that reason, I won't cast a vote just to keep him out of office. John McCain would have had to give me a reason to vote for him, not reasons to vote against another man. He has not and, by all appearances, will not do that.

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Deeman,

I had thought I would be voting against McCain and Republican policies, but now I find, (surprise, surprise, for me, atleast) that since I have learned more about Obama, and his wife, I will actually be voting For the Obama Administration, instead.

Several things have been very much on my mind this week:

The value of C-Span, first and foremost.

Great pride in the Democratic Party, and the broad representation of American citizens included in its composition.

A renewed appreciation for the Clinton Administration, and admiration for the way they handled themselves, in what was surely a great disappointment.

And a far better understanding of the kind of people that Barack, and Michelle Obama, really are.

I had already known what a fine man Joe Biden is, and has always been, and I am very proud of him, and of his wonderful family.

America will be very lucky if the Obama/Biden administration becomes a reality.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-28-2008, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For that reason, I won't cast a vote just to keep him out of office. John McCain would have had to give me a reason to vote for him, not reasons to vote against another man. He has not and, by all appearances, will not do that. </div></div>Hey did you know that McCain was a POW? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A renewed appreciation for the Clinton Administration, and admiration for the way they handled themselves, in what was surely a great disappointment.
</div></div>Drudge is calling Denver the Clinton Convention. I did not read the article behind the link so I don't know if that is a dig or an observation (positive or negative). I just thought it was interesting in my quick gaze across the page.

eg8r

cheesemouse
08-28-2008, 08:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For that reason, I won't cast a vote just to keep him out of office. John McCain would have had to give me a reason to vote for him, not reasons to vote against another man. He has not and, by all appearances, will not do that. </div></div>Hey did you know that McCain was a POW? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>Yes, I do know of his yrs as POW. and because of that I want to read his psychological profile...I want to read yours too...:)

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Will you send me a copy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Of Ed's, I mean. I already know all about McCain's emotional issues! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 09:03 AM
It has certainly been a very exciting convention, and has highlighted the exceptional political skills of both Bill and Hillary clinton, and their ability to bring people together, excit their constituents, and deliver on their promises to put their full energy and attention on what is best for our country.

I'd say they have turned all the unfair bashing they each had to bare from the press, and the Republicans, into a big huge plus, which highlighted their abilities, past achievments during the CLinton Administration, their integrity, and their commitment to the people of America, and the Democratic Party.

There can be no doubt that both Hillary, and Bill Clinton, are loved and admired by many Americans. I was very proud of them.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
08-28-2008, 09:12 AM
The problem is that with the level of comprehension the two of you currently are at you would not understand a word on the page. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-28-2008, 09:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There can be no doubt that both Hillary, and Bill Clinton, are loved and admired by many Americans. I was very proud of them.</div></div>Yes they are love by man Americans you are right. I just thank God that they are not loved by enough Americans to actually elect them again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Hillary got a much deserved smack down and Obama came out on top.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Hillary always come out shining Ed. She is expert at turning defeat, into success, which is precisely what she has done.

She is an amazing woman, and will go on to enjoy many other successes in her life.

She made history in this cmpaign, proved many critics to be quite wrong about her possibilities, Karl Rove among them, and came out of the whole thing with more admiration and respect, than when she began.

She was by far the biggest threat that any Republican contender faced, and she proved herself to be effective, and successful by winning the number of votes that she won.

She has inspired many women in our country with her determination and successful campaign, which is why obama needs her constituants in order to win the election.

I am very proud of Hillary Clinton. I, and 18 million other American voters.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 09:55 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz