PDA

View Full Version : Why I hope McCain wins...

Chopstick
08-27-2008, 08:15 AM
cuz it will make Gay1e nuts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

No other reason in particular. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Deeman3
08-27-2008, 08:57 AM
and Hillary can say, "I told you so", in the biggest possible fashion. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 08:59 AM
You are absolutely right! If you could see what I see weekly, it might drive you nuts, also. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Chopstick
08-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Then stop looking. Let's go fishin' instead. Evil in the world cannot be changed. It can only be changed within yourself.

If you don't want to do that and you really want to accomplish something then go after the Federal Reserve. You'll get 'em all in one stroke, including the politicians, oil companies, etc. Although, everyone who ever tried to go to the root of that wound up dead. Think about it.

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then stop looking. <span style="color: #000066">I was speaking about our wounded soldiers. We all need to continue to remember that the Bush/McCain policies will insure many more of them will die and be injured. </span> Let's go fishin' instead. <span style="color: #000066">Believe it or not, I spend a great deal of my time enjoying my life, fishing, exercising, playing pool, dancing, gardening, family, I'm not all about politics, but I am all about ending this fiasco in Iraq, and the Republican fascism that is bringing down my country. </span> Evil in the world cannot be changed. <span style="color: #000066">Too bad McCain hasn't learned that. </span> It can only be changed within yourself. <span style="color: #000066">That's a very true statement, and although I don't think I'm an evil person, I realize that some so called religious conservative, Bush supporters, and operatives, find it necessary to frame anyone who is against Republican policies, as evil. When it comes to evil, the best anyone can do is avoid those who are inflicted with it. </span>
</div></div>
If you don't want to do that and you really want to accomplish something then go after the Federal Reserve.

<span style="color: #000066">
<span style="color: #000066">The war, and the fascist corporate interests in this country, are facts that all Americans should keep their collective attention on, and strive to expose. The Federal Reserve is slowly destroying itself, and the rest of us along with it. They don't need my help.

<span style="color: #333333">You'll get 'em all in one stroke, including the politicians, oil companies, etc. Although, everyone who ever tried to go to the root of that wound up dead. think about it.</span> </span> <span style="color: #000066">I'll winde up dead, regardless. I'll settle for working to remove the political party which represents their collective interests, (Oil, predatory lenders, corrupt banking practices, pharmeceuticals that lobby for the right to gouge Americans, Neocons who are invested in oil, and the censors who enable and promote their lies and distortions. ) at the expense of other people, who will sacrifice their lives, while they reap in the unprecedented profits, and put our country at greater risks, as I try to enlighten those who call the inforrmed, "Tree Huggers" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in Md.</span> </span>

Chopstick
08-27-2008, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #000066"> and although I don't think I'm an evil person, </span>
</div></div>

I know of one duck that would disagree with you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I've gotta go get some work done. We'll get into the Tree Hugger thing later.

I pulled a 72 hour shift last week. That's crankin' even for me.

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Gee, I hope you can work a little harder...Trickle down, and de-regulation, isn't working too well, and McCain, doesn't know much about economics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

"The continued downturn in the credit cycle, combined with lingering weakness in financial markets and falling asset values, had a pronounced negative effect on banking industry performance in the second quarter. Insured commercial banks and savings institutions reported net income of $5.0 billion for the second quarter of 2008. This is the second-lowest quarterly total since 1991 and is $31.8 billion (86.5 percent) less than the industry earned in the second quarter of 2007. Higher loan-loss provisions were the most significant factor in the earnings decline. Loss provisions totaled $50.2 billion, more than four times the $11.4 billion quarterly total of a year ago. Second-quarter provisions absorbed almost one-third (31.9 percent) of the industry's net operating revenue (net interest income plus total noninterest income), the highest proportion since the third quarter of 1989. A year ago, provisions absorbed only 7.3 percent of industry revenue. The average return on assets (ROA) in the second quarter was 0.15 percent, compared to 1.21 percent a year earlier. Large institutions as a group had more substantial earnings erosion than smaller institutions, but downward earnings pressure was widely evident across the industry. At institutions with assets greater than $1 billion, the average ROA in the second quarter was 0.10 percent, down from 1.23 percent a year ago. At institutions with less than $1 billion in assets, the average second-quarter ROA was 0.57 percent, compared to 1.10 percent in the second quarter of 2007. More than half of all insured institutions (56.4 percent) reported year-over-year declines in quarterly net income, and almost two out of every three institutions (62.1 percent) reported lower ROAs. Almost 18 percent of all insured institutions were unprofitable in the second quarter, compared to only 9.8 percent in the second quarter of 2007.
Let's take this piece by piece

The continued downturn in the credit cycle, combined with lingering weakness in financial markets and falling asset values, had a pronounced negative effect on banking industry performance in the second quarter.
An old rule of writing is, "tell them what you're going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them." This is the opening line -- and it is terrible. We know nothing good is coming.

Insured commercial banks and savings institutions reported net income of $5.0 billion for the second quarter of 2008. This is the second-lowest quarterly total since 1991 and is $31.8 billion (86.5 percent) less than the industry earned in the second quarter of 2007.
Earnings are down -- big time. This is the second lowest net income we've seen since 1991 -- that's over 15 years. In addition, earnings are dropping hard on a year over year basis, indicating the problems are not getting better but are getting worse.

Higher loan-loss provisions were the most significant factor in the earnings decline. Loss provisions totaled $50.2 billion, more than four times the $11.4 billion quarterly total of a year ago
The biggest reason things are getting worse is banks are preparing for higher losses from more bad loans. Loan loss provisions are increasing four-fold. That's a tremendous increase.

Second-quarter provisions absorbed almost one-third (31.9 percent) of the industry's net operating revenue (net interest income plus total noninterest income), the highest proportion since the third quarter of 1989. A year ago, provisions absorbed only 7.3 percent of industry revenue.
33% of the industry's second quarter revenue went to loan loss reserves. That's the most since the end of the S&L crisis.

The average return on assets (ROA) in the second quarter was 0.15 percent, compared to 1.21 percent a year earlier."

wolfdancer
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
America has only one chance this election to "right the ship"
I'm announcing my own candidacy as a write-in.
"The cascading political disasters that have fallen upon President Bush this year are so damaging that it is tempting to write off the rest of his presidency as a failure as 55% of the people in a new USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll survey have done....."
That was dateline 2005.....continuing...
".... But the president can salvage his second term and leave a lasting legacy if he remembers the people who elected him and starts acting more like a Republican and a committed conservative."
Whoever wrote that was an extreme optimist....in APA terminology...after four years as an SL-2, he wasn't going to suddenly become an SL-5 in the next four....in truth he went downhill

wolfdancer
08-27-2008, 12:17 PM
if McCain wins.......the country loses

eg8r
08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Why? He is no worse or better than Barack?

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-27-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm not an Obama fan, but think he might bring some renewed "enthusiasm" into the country,(as Kennedy once did. Even Kennedy haters, would have to agree on that)...and inspire young people, minorities especially; the future of this country depends on the young leaders that will emerge from this group....AND search for a way to reduce our commitment in Iraq.
McCain, on the other hand, would inspire nobody, imo, and seems to be intent upon expanding the war.
There's a question mark on both candidates, but I think Obama "could" do more good for this country then McCain with his old time politics will ever do.
I also believe that while 35 is the min age to become a President, there also should be a cap on the max age.
You are forced to retire from many jobs at age 70...
We all age differently though...he may be in great physical, and even more important mental health for his age....
I worry that next year I might not be able to tie my shoes, nor find the bathroom in time...

Deeman3
08-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I'll agree on the maximum age thing if we can remove all senators and congressmen as well from office and might even consider that for the Supream Court of at least take them away when they start to drool.

I am thinking that maybe Obama will be better for the spirit of the coutry as well, although I just can't contribute to it directly bby voting for him. If he is elected and is somehow controlled on his spending, it might work. As well, his election would keep other democrats who I fear out of the POTUS job at least until they are beyond the age limit as well.

I think a lot of us will still sit this one out, probably insuring that Obama has his chance. I also don't think he is of a weak moral character as some of the other candidates or past presidents. I also think the very weight of the office may mature him a bit for the job. At least I pray is does. Sorry for the prayer mention to all you Godless Democrats....JK I promise I know there are several Christian Democrats. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
08-27-2008, 08:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it might drive you nuts, also. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>

So a pirate walks into a bar, and the bartender notices that he seems to have a steering wheel in his pants.

So he says to the pirate "sir, it appears you have a steering wheel in your pants"

To which the pirate replies "Ayyy... it's driving me nuts"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 10:36 AM
"Balls!" said the queen. "If I had em, I'd be King!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 10:45 AM
"Ha" laughed the King, not because he wanted to, but because he had to.
(that's the rest of the old joke)

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "There does not exist an engine so corruptive of the government and so demoralizing of the nation as a public debt. It will bring on us more ruin at home than all the enemies from abroad against whom this army and navy are to protect us." --Thomas Jefferson, 1821
</div></div>

No doubt! McCain is a war hawk.

Chopstick
08-28-2008, 12:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "There does not exist an engine so corruptive of the government and so demoralizing of the nation as a public debt. It will bring on us more ruin at home than all the enemies from abroad against whom this army and navy are to protect us." --Thomas Jefferson, 1821
</div></div>

</div></div>

Federal Reserve