PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the Republicans

wolfdancer
08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
It looks like their biggest attraction, Arnie, won't make the show at the RNC....since he can't figure out how to solve the mess in California.... (and he was being considered for the top spot, after bending the Constitutional requirements for "native son")
Some of the other high profile Republicans can't make it as well...they are either under indictment, or incarcerated....
The might be able to hold the convention in Warren, Ohio...pop 46k, at the H.S. gym...Wally could give the opening speech, and lww be head usher and lead the cheer, er, cheers

pooltchr
08-27-2008, 06:57 PM
It might not matter. They might have to cancel it. If the hurricane comes into New Orleans, the media will all leave the twin cities for NOLA. No need for a convention without any press to cover it!

I saw a woman on tv tonight in NO talking on camers. She had been shopping, and said "I'm ready...I just bought a flashlight and batteries"!!! Seems it's more difficult for some people to learn from the past than for others. But that's ok...the government is supposed to save her from her own ignorance.

Steve

sack316
08-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Steve, as bad as this may sound, that may actually be a good thing for McCain. Doing something good in the face of a crisis/disaster would score big time. I of course would never wish such a thing to happen, just stating my opinion on the "if". It would surely make a bigger impact than any convention could do. Then again, if such a tragedy occured and nothing good were done, it would be equally as damaging.

As far as the woman with her flashlight and batteries. Wow, just wow.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But that's ok...the government is supposed to save her from her own ignorance.

Steve
</div></div>

No, the Government Agency, FEMA, is supposed to step in and manage national emergencies,.... provide food, water, and assistance in a timely fashion to those who are caught in a national disaster.

Unfortunately, under Bush, FEMA's funding had been diluted, and appointments to top positions, were people without any emergency experience, hence, FEMA failed to perform their duty.

Just one more example, (One of many during this administration) of the dysfunctional bureacracy which our government becomes when under the direction and management of a Republican Administration, and a president who doesn't heed expert warnings.

eg8r
08-28-2008, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, the Government Agency, FEMA, is supposed to step in and manage national emergencies,.... provide food, water, and assistance in a timely fashion to those who are caught in a national disaster.</div></div> Well that woman will definitely be in front of the camera's crying for a FEMA trailer when she finds out her flashlight and batteries didn't save her from a crumbling levy.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I suppose that you and Steve know her personally, and have proof that that will be her only defense against the hurricane?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif