PDA

View Full Version : The Teple of Obama

Wally_in_Cincy
08-28-2008, 06:21 AM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/Wally-Cincinnati/obama-temple.jpg

<span style="color: #CC0000"> TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DENVER (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's big speech on Thursday night will be delivered from an elaborate columned stage resembling a miniature Greek temple.

The stage, similar to structures used for rock concerts, has been set up at the 50-yard-line, the midpoint of Invesco Field, the stadium where the Denver Broncos' National Football League team plays.

Some 80,000 supporters will see Obama appear from between plywood columns painted off-white, reminiscent of Washington's Capitol building or even the White House, to accept the party's nomination for president.

He will stride out to a raised platform to a podium that can be raised from beneath the floor.

The show should provide a striking image for the millions of Americans watching on television as Obama delivers a speech accepting the Democratic presidential nomination.

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">an elaborate columned stage resembling a miniature Greek temple.
</div></div>

A very good description of Bush's backdrop for his own acceptance speech. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Vapros
08-28-2008, 07:40 AM
I can imagine poor Dubya in a few years, old and wrinkled and enfeebled, confined in a nursing home. Gayle, nearly as old, wrinkled, etc. lurking behind the shrubbery on the grounds and carrying a sack of Moon Pies, waiting for him to appear at the window so she can throw one more rock at him.

Deeman3
08-28-2008, 07:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vapros</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can imagine poor Dubya in a few years, old and wrinkled and enfeebled, confined in a nursing home. Gayle, nearly as old, wrinkled, etc. lurking behind the shrubbery on the grounds and carrying a sack of Moon Pies, waiting for him to appear at the window so she can throw one more rock at him. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I'm sure the secret service will have Gayle's picture along with Cindy Sheehan and Squeeky Froam at the gates of the compound in Texas. When arrested, she will give up Dick, Sid and Wolfdancer, we will all visit them in jail and say, "We knew them when they were planning the moon pie attackes!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Wolf will serve his time at a golf resort and Sid will give up others for the witness protection program and go into hiding in Dennis Kusinish's apartment. I have vision on these things.</span>

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 07:56 AM
There aren't enough rocks in the world to suffice. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 08:16 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You forget that I subscribe to the Buddhist philosophies. We laugh at the foibles of the evil and self destrutive.

"If we could learn the secret history of our enemies, we would find sorrow and sufffering enough, to disarm all hostilities."

Believe it or not, I actually do have moments when I feel sorry for George Bush, but then I remember our troops, all the innocent Iraqi children, what he did to Anne Richards, how he turned his back on the victims of Katrina, all that he has cost our country, and soon, my pity for him subsides.

He is his own worst enemy, and hence, no retaliation imaginable could equal the fact that he will have to live with his own legacy of deceit, destruction and failure. I believe it is called, getting ones come-up-pance. My only fear is that his egoism, and denial will protect him from the reality of what he has done to so many.

Gayle in Md.

Vapros
08-28-2008, 08:59 AM
At some point, you will probably switch to belaboring McCain, (as the Republican President) and Dubya will be demoted to the last nine paragraphs of your posts.

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 09:07 AM
And you, on the other hand, will just be the same ol' same ol' poster, with nothing of any substance to offer, just more personal insults. Gee, no wonder you approve of Republicans! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Fortunately, they have no affect on me, but they do show what you aim for in life. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Too bad for you.

Vapros
08-28-2008, 09:18 AM
You've just ruined my whole day. But it was fun.

Dig in, pal. You have several more years of whining to do.

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 09:42 AM
If a position does not coincide with your opinion, its whining. Try posting something relevant to a debate sometime. You may just find it enriching in some way.

Qtec
08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
You are absoluetly right..how dare he..????????????????

The GOP shouild make this an election issue.!!!!!!!? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
Q.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Vapros
08-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Whining is whining, and it has nothing to do with one's position.

Relevant, you say? Nearly a year ago I made a post here, predicting that the Dems might blow another cinch election, for two principal reasons. First, they overlook all their solid people to send out a strange candidate. That will be done tonite. Second, with all their voters, they can't seem to get them out on election day. That won't be seen for a while yet, but it's coming.

The GOP has no rising star to enter in this race, but the one they have is a good bet, for the reasons above. Heartburn is better than heart failure. Wait for it.

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Wally, it's Showtime !!!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-28-2008, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

what he did to Anne Richards,

</div></div>

I don't know what he did to Anne Richards but she deserved it after that "pooooor geeeorge, he's borned wif a silber foot 'nis mouf"

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I thought it was brilliant! The man couldn't say nuclear.

She was just using a little mild mirth in a campaign. For that, they slandered her, and others in her campaign, and accused them of being a lesbian. She/they weren't. She didn't slander him, and not only that, but it was true, he was born with a silver foot in his mouth. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 11:27 AM
I know this may be hard for you to understand, being a rightie and all, but just because a candidate hasn't been a multi-milti dollar millionaire for most of his life, and doesn't take money from the corporate fascist pigs, doesn't mean he's strange. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Chopstick
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You forget that I subscribe to the Buddhist philosophies. We laugh at the foibles of the evil and self destrutive.

</div></div>
Since when? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

BTW, I picked this up for you. It's the latest Michael Moore movie.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/martinbro/Mates.jpg

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks. I'll send it on to my right wing friends, they'll get a kick out of it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Poor Squeeky, she was only trying to save the redwoods.
Squeeky (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxjggckztOY)
I wouldn't waste no moon pie on gw...

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
So that's a teple...always wondered what a teple looked like

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 02:10 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Chopstick
08-28-2008, 02:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vapros</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can imagine poor Dubya in a few years, old and wrinkled and enfeebled, confined in a nursing home. Gayle, nearly as old, wrinkled, etc. lurking behind the shrubbery on the grounds and carrying a sack of Moon Pies, waiting for him to appear at the window so she can throw one more rock at him. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I'm sure the secret service will have Gayle's picture along with Cindy Sheehan and Squeeky Froam at the gates of the compound in Texas. When arrested, she will give up Dick, Sid and Wolfdancer, we will all visit them in jail and say, "We knew them when they were planning the moon pie attackes!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Wolf will serve his time at a golf resort and Sid will give up others for the witness protection program and go into hiding in Dennis Kusinish's apartment. I have vision on these things.</span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #3366FF">Gayle_in_Gitmo</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
I thought it was brilliant! The man couldn't say nuclear.

</div></div>

Yeah it was kinda funny actually /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-28-2008, 03:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So that's a teple...always wondered what a teple looked like </div></div>

Nobody's perfect

I'll use spell check if you learn to use the qoute feature. Deal?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
what's a qoute?

Vapros
08-28-2008, 05:39 PM
You're quite right Gayle. That isn't what makes him strange. It's a bunch of other things.

pooltchr
08-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Wally...back to your original post...I can't believe the Dems are willing to set themselves up like this. The Republicans are already attacking him for his "Rock star status", and then they go and put together something like this. They even hired the same people who build the stage for Brittney Spears!!!

I wonder if they will shoot of fireworks after the concert...

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Like what, for example? He's a man with a good education, a high intellect, a lovely family, and high intnetions. There is nothing strange about the man except that he has managed to overcome whatever obsticles being of mixed race, and financially limited resources, must be overcome by someone with his overall profile must endure, and move beyond, and be successful in life.

He surely wasn't handed a nomination by his da da's political friends, or his wife's money, and political connections.

Wally's attempt with this post shows his own bias, as Bush's podium looked much like this one, and if I'm not mistaken, included fireworks. Bush has been flanking his speeches for years with soldiers, while prosecuting the greatest abuses against American soldiers ever, including his veto pen against improving their circumstances when they are injured, and when thhey return home. McCain failed to vote for aid for our soldiers, and most Americans are ashamed that our country in now known as a country that tortures people, which McCain, of all people, signs onto.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

sack316
08-30-2008, 09:45 AM
First of all, I really think what type of stage Obama decided to set his speech on is a non-issue anyway. To one eye it will resemble the rock star status, to another eye it will resemble the grandness the event was meant to entail anyway. In the end, it was a prop, a setting, and either way not nearly as important a topic of discussion as the content on the speeches that evening.

That said, I'll still give my response to one part of what I read here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> as Bush's podium looked much like this one, </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A very good description of Bush's backdrop for his own acceptance speech. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

As much as the left tries to say McCain is Bush II, and as much as Obama tries to claim to be new and different... I really can't believe the above is used as a counterpoint to this topic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Qtec
08-30-2008, 12:25 PM
A Tepel in Dutch is a nipple!

How ironic.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
08-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Well shoot, I already knew what a nipple looked like....could have saved a post