PDA

View Full Version : Sen Kerry Blasts McCain:

Qtec
08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sen Kerry Blasts McCain: “Let’s compare Senator McCain and Candidate McCain”

John Kerry tears the “myth of a maverick” to shreads by calling McCain out on every single one of his inconsistencies and flip-flops.

" I have known and been friends with John McCain for almost 22 years, but every day now I learn something new about Candidate McCain. To those who still believe in the myth of a maverick instead of the reality of a politician, I say let’s compare Senator McCain to Candidate McCain.

Candidate McCain now supports the very wartime tax cuts that Senator McCain once called irresponsible. Candidate McCain criticizes Senator McCain’s own climate change bill. Candidate McCain says he would vote against the immigration bill that Senator McCain wrote."

Are you kidding me, folks?

“Before he ever debates Barack Obama, he should finish the debate with himself.”

All I have to say is: Where was this guy on 2004? </div></div>

We all know what happened. Kerry was subject to one of the most disgusting attacks on a Pres candidate ever.
[Its amazing to most that the guy who jumped the queue and joined a Champagne unit to AVOID active service comes out roses and the guy who actually fought is the coward! ]

The Swift Boat squad never proved one single allegation they made against Kerry. Kerry's service was put under a microscope but now the same people give McCain gets a free ride .

Now that McCain uses his POW experience as an excuse for everything ranging between adultery and not knowing how many houses he owns, maybe the press will start to question him as they did Kerry.
Is McCain brainwashed?
Is this why he can't remember things?

Q

eg8r
08-28-2008, 08:23 AM
The last person on this planet that needs to talk about flip flops is Kerry. Is Kerry now telling everyone that flip flops are wrong? If so, then that is a flip flop of Kerry's that is greater than all the others. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Since McCain likes to talk about his POW experience I think the Dems should try and Swiftboat him with soldiers that were there with him. The reason the swiftboats were so successful with Kerry is because they were actually fighting alongside Kerry, they KNEW what type of soldier Kerry really was and they told everyone.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Need a crayon, Ed? Or perhaps some kool-aid? You must have missed the information that came out on the Swift Boaters?

Kerry did change his position around the time that the rest of us did, after we realized all the way's which Bush fixed the intelligence to his ill fated policies, blood for oil, someone else's blood, of course. Bush was the one whose da da hid him safely down south to protect him from ever facing combat, as I recall. Atleast John Kerry did show up, instead of going on nepotism AWOL.

McCain, however, has a whole list of flip flops. Are you saying they don't count?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Your double standard is showing again.

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 08:50 AM
BTW, Q, I was so disappointed when I heard the other day that T. Boone Pickens financed those Swift Boaters. However, the plan he is presenting makes a lot of sense to me.

He has stated that he will not support either candidate, and wants to maintain a non partisan position, in the interest of promoting his renewable energy, and clean fuels program.

He said this will be the first time he will not contribute to the Republican Campaign.

McCain's campaign messages are filled with the usual outrageous lies and misinformation that mark Republican campaigns.

None other than Mary Matalin published Corsi's book, a book which will go down in history as one of the most slanderous Republican efforts so far.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Some things never change, like Republican policies, and dirty politics, for example.

Qtec
08-28-2008, 09:01 AM
What flip flops did Kerry make?

Q

eg8r
08-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Pickens does not want to pick sides because he is after the almighty dollar. He is trying to position himself to make the absolute most money possible in this new effort of renewable energy and that is all he cares about. He is not interested in whether it is better for the Earth, he just wants the money.

What this does show us is that you are fine with a Corporate Facist Pig if he changes his viewpoint and sides with you. You just can't stand those who disagree with you.

eg8r

eg8r
08-28-2008, 09:18 AM
You aren't worth my time.

eg8r

eg8r
08-28-2008, 09:22 AM
McCain has a whole list and so does Kerry. They both have flipflopped. What I am saying is that Kerry is not in a position to complain about the flip flops unless he wants to discredit himself given the vast quantity of his own.

I have no double standards. If you flip flop then you flip flop, I don't care if it is Kerry, McCain, or Pelosi. However, since Kerry was the biggest flip flopper of them all he probably should just be quiet and let others point out McCain's flip flops.

You on the other hand have proven once again that you have not fully comprehended the definition of double standard. Again, instead of showing your ignorance you can just ask and I will help you out.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Corporate fascist pigs don't usually seek to do what is best for our country, Ed.

Anyway, I thought you were all for capitalism? What your beef, anyway?

It would be a great improvment if you could think about the issues, instead of just trying to cherry pick every post in an effort to find some accusation to aim.

It's about our energy circumstances, Ed. Try to get your mind around an issue, for a change. If I couldn't stand people who disagree with me, I surely wouldn't spend any time here!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Cop out.

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 09:39 AM
LOL...

I think there is a difference, a big difference, between Kerry changing his mind about the war, along with most of the rest of the country after we learned the truth, and McCain flipping for political purposes.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Qtec
08-28-2008, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cop out. </div></div>

Typical Ed. All mouth, no facts. Can't name a single FP............I could name 10 of McCain's!

Q

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could name 10 of McCain's!
</div></div>

So could I.

I just hope McCain keeps on exploiting his POW experience to answer to every indiscretion he commits. He weakens it everytime he does it.

There is not a single person on McCain's short list for VP, with a spark, or a good following, not one. They're all too dull for words. Pawlenty is as dull as a rock! I think that's who he'll choose.

In the debate, he can just answer every question with..."When I was a POW...." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Qtec
08-28-2008, 11:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jumping around a bit: in your books, you've talked about what it was like to go through the Keating Five experience, and you've been quoted as saying it was one of the worst experiences of your life. Someone else quoted you as saying it was even worse than being a POW ...
That's another one of those statements made 17 or 18 years ago which was out of the context of the conversation I was having. Of course the worst, the toughest experience of my life was being imprisoned, so people can pluck phrases from 17 or 18 years ago ...

I wasn't suggesting it as a negative thing. I was just saying that ...
I'm just suggesting it was taken out of context. I understand how comments are taken out of context from time to time. But obviously, the toughest time of my life, physically and [in] every other way, would be the time that I almost died in prison camp. And I think most Americans understand that. </div></div> link (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1836909,00.html)

Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Black later told the Senate Ethics Committee that the actions of the five senators were clearly "improper."

"This was an institution that is probably the worst institution in America," Black said, referring to Lincoln. Instead of trying to help "bring it under control, five US Senators were pushing us in the opposite direction."

McCain, in his autobiography, said he regrets staying at the meeting. He wrote that he should have left when one of the regulators said the meeting was "very unusual" and that he "really shouldn't have come back" after learning that the regulators were sending the matter to the Justice Department.

Months later, questions emerged about why McCain did not reimburse Keating for all the Bahamas vacations. McCain said he thought that his wife, Cindy, had written checks for a number of trips, but documentation could not be found for any except the 1986 trip. McCain agreed to pay $13,433.

In addition, the Arizona Republic reported that Cindy McCain and her father had invested $359,100 in a shopping mall for which Keating was the principal backer. When reporters questioned the investment, John McCain wrote in his autobiography, he "shouted at them, cursed them, and eventually slammed the phone down on them. It was ridiculously immature behavior."

The Senate Ethics Committee determined that McCain, along with then-Senator John Glenn of Ohio, "exercised poor judgment." The committee found that others had gone further, ruling that DeConcini and Senator Donald Riegle of Michigan "gave the appearance of being improper" and recommending Senator Alan Cranston of California for censure.

Robert Bennett, the committee counsel, has said the pronouncement against McCain was harsh and the result of "pure politics" by Democrats on the panel. Bennett now is working for McCain to help respond to questions about the senator's efforts in 1999 on behalf of Paxson Communications. Bennett did not respond to requests for comment.

In 2000, the Globe reported that McCain, in 1999, had pushed the FCC to act on Paxson's request for permission to buy a television station; in that case, McCain had received $20,000 in Paxson donations and flew aboard a Paxson jet. McCain's actions raised questions at the time about whether he had learned from his Keating experience. McCain stressed that he never suggested how the FCC should rule on the matter.

McCain has said he has learned the importance of avoiding the appearance of impropriety. <span style="color: #CC0000">[ The Cone of Silence!]</span>He said in his autobiography he would not intervene with regulators or advocate "anything for any purpose that doesn't serve an obvious public interest." He eventually renounced the practice of flying on corporate jets, but has stood by his general support of deregulation of financial institutions.

During both his 2000 and 2008 campaigns, McCain has said on many occasions aboard his "Straight Talk Express" campaign bus that he learned from the Keating experience and that it turned him into a proponent of campaign finance reform. Nonetheless, on a recent campaign swing, he acknowledged he would be forever linked to the scandal. The Keating Five, he said, "will be on my tombstone."</div></div>

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 12:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During both his 2000 and 2008 campaigns, McCain has said on many occasions aboard his "Straight Talk Express" campaign bus that he learned from the Keating experience and that it turned him into a proponent of campaign finance reform. </div></div>

Sort of reminds you of the way some people become born again, to cover up past poor behaviors, like Bush did, huh?

Yeah, now I'm all against taking bribes from contributors, I'm busy doing campaign finance reform!

Only he's still doing it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Robert Bennett, the committee counsel, has said the pronouncement against McCain was harsh and the result of "pure politics" by Democrats on the panel. Bennett now is working for McCain to help respond to questions about the senator's efforts in 1999 on behalf of Paxson Communications. Bennett did not respond to requests for comment.

In 2000, the Globe reported that McCain, in 1999, had pushed the FCC to act on Paxson's request for permission to buy a television station; in that case, McCain had received $20,000 in Paxson donations and flew aboard a Paxson jet. McCain's actions raised questions at the time about whether he had learned from his Keating experience. McCain stressed that he never suggested how the FCC should rule on the matter.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The statements by the McCain Campaign don't reflect the Senators positions." </div></div>

Say what? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

He's nothing but another Republican crook. He and Cindy want a shot at building those multi multi millions, into multi multi billions, just like Dickie and Georgie, and what better place to set it up than straight from the oval office.

Hasn't there also been suggestions of improperly using Cindy's corporate jet during this campaign, also?

I just hope that some really savvy reporter can manage to work him up one time, into loosing it in front of the cameras. From what I've heard, one time would do it!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

sack316
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Typical Ed. All mouth, no facts. Can't name a single FP............I could name 10 of McCain's!

Q </div></div>

Just answering the request here for naming Kerry's. How soon we forget. And before anything is said, no I don't think it negates any of McCain's one bit. Simply adding this because it was asked what Kerry's were:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/29/politics/main646435.shtml

http://www.sportsmenforkerry.com/flipflop.htm

the first link is a "top ten" list from CBS. The second has some within the article, and as well links to several other stories from outside sources as well. Not sure how many links are still active now, but I count around 25 seperate articles listed on that one site covering a one year span.

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, Q, I was so disappointed when I heard the other day that T. Boone Pickens financed those Swift Boaters. However, the plan he is presenting makes a lot of sense to me.

</div></div>

Have you heard the part of his commercial where he says "I say drill, drill, drill"?

That's a quote. I guess you will start slamming him now.

Bobbyrx
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
I really find it unbelievable that you want to compare Kerry's 4 months in country vs McCain's years. But if you want to go there, that's fine. Why did Kerry join the NAVY ? To stay away from combat, period. If you don't think McCain's father couldn't have kept him out of combat if either wanted that, you are delusional. You want to talk about what Kerry did after he returned to this country while McCain was still being held? What a disgrace. What an embarrassment to this country he was and is. But then Kerry isn't running now is he. He couldn't even beat Bush of all people. You want to compare service to this country between the people who are running????? I doubt it. So Kerry of all people wants to talk flip flops. LOL..... Here are a few flip flops from who is running. The candidate who has never even authored a single piece of legislation or chaired a single committee in his entire illustrious Senate career. The candidate who has never even sniffed military service:
Obama Flip Flops List
CHANGE #1: Despite Pledging To Withdraw American

Troops From Iraq Immediately, Barack Obama Now Says

He Would "Refine" His Policy After Listening To The

Commanders On The Ground

CHANGE #2: Despite Pledging To Accept Public Financing,

Barack Obama Has Reversed His Position And Opted Out

Of The System

CHANGE #3: Barack Obama Is Backtracking On His

Support For Unilaterally Renegotiating NAFTA

CHANGE #4: Barack Obama Is Considering Reducing

Corporate Taxes Despite Having Called Corporate Tax

Cuts "The Exact Wrong Prescription For America"

CHANGE #5: Barack Obama Has Changed Positions On

The D.C. Handgun Ban

CHANGE #6: Barack Obama Has Shifted From Opposing Welfare Reform To Celebrating Welfare Reform In A Television Ad

CHANGE #7: As A Presidential Candidate, Barack Obama Criticizes The Administration's Energy Policy Despite Having Voted For The 2005 Bush-Cheney Energy Bill

CHANGE #8: Barack Obama Has Shifted Positions On Nuclear Power

CHANGE #9: Obama Adviser Said Obama Was Not Opposed To An Individual Health Care Mandate Despite His Opposition During The Primary

CHANGE #10: During The Primaries, Barack Obama Pledged To Filibuster Any Bill Which Contained Immunity For Telecommunications Companies Involved In Electronic Surveillance, But Now Backs A Compromise Bill

CHANGE #11: Barack Obama Disagreed With The Supreme Court Decision Striking Down The Use Of The Death Penalty For A Convicted Child Rapist Although In The Past He Opposed The Death Penalty

CHANGE #12: Barack Obama Has Backtracked From His Earlier Commitment To Meet With The Leaders Of State Sponsors Of Terror "Without Precondition"

CHANGE #13: After Saying Jerusalem Should Be "Undivided," Barack Obama Has Since Backtracked

CHANGE #14: As A Presidential Candidate, Barack Obama Has Backed Away From His Earlier Support For Normalized Relations With Cuba And Ending The Embargo

CHANGE #15: Barack Obama Is Against The California Ballot Measure Banning Gay Marriage Despite His Assertion That Marriage Is Between A Man And A Woman

CHANGE #16: Barack Obama Says That "Mental Distress" Should Not Be Reason For A Late Term Abortion Which Contradicts His Past Extreme Pro-Abortion Views

CHANGE #17: Barack Obama Said He Would Debate "Anywhere, Anytime" But Has Rejected Joint Town Hall Meetings

Change #18: Barack Obama decides to tap the strategic oil reserve.

Change #19: Obama now says he's "open" to oil drilling.

Change #20:

STATEMENT: "Originally, the administration suggested that the key measure was whether it gave breathing room for political reconciliation. So far, I think we have not seen the kind of political reconciliation that’s going to bring about long-term stability in Iraq." — Barack Obama, July 22, 2008

EXPIRATION DATE: August 20, 2008: "Let's be clear, our troops have completed every mission they've been given," Mr. Obama said at the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Orlando, Fla., where the likely Democratic presidential nominee courted military voters who are expected to play a pivotal role in several swing states. "They have created the space for political reconciliation."

wolfdancer
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
reading, riting, ain't among Ed's strong suits......
The jury is still out on rithmetic

wolfdancer
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
reading, riting, ain't among Ed's strong suits......
The jury is still out on rithmetic

eg8r
09-08-2008, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Corporate fascist pigs don't usually seek to do what is best for our country, Ed.</div></div>And neither is Pickens. I thought at least you would have seen it. The problem is that your bias view is clouding your ability to see reality. Pickens does not care about doing what is best for our country, he is interested in doing what is best for his wallet. He understands that by jumping into this in the beginning he will have the best chance to make the most money. He will already have his foot in the door as others jump on the bandwagon.

I don't have a beef. I am trying to point out your hypocritical ways. You only hate corporate facism when it does not suit your agenda. This example is proof enough.

eg8r

eg8r
09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
No cop out, this was discussed years ago on the board. If Q is too lazy to go back and read then that is his problem and he is not worth my time.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Kerry can't light a candle to McInsane's flip flops. Atleast when he did flip, on Iraq, he was right to flip! McCain have been wrong throughout and still flipping left and right. Not to mention his campaign of lies. If his mouth is moving, he's lying.

Gee, haven't I written that about someone else in politics!

TWINS!

wolfdancer
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm beginning to think that maybe McCain suffers from Dissociative identity disorder. In effect, Senator McCain, and candidate McCain, are two separate personalities.

eg8r
09-08-2008, 04:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atleast when he did flip, on Iraq, he was right to flip! </div></div>LOL, you are hilarious. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r