PDA

View Full Version : Now you’re waffling. Did you call him?

Qtec
08-28-2008, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rove ‘Waffles’ On Whether He Asked Lieberman To Drop Out Of VP Consideration»

Politico’s Jonathan Martin reports that Karl Rove called Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) “late last week and urged him to contact John McCain to withdraw his name from vice presidential consideration.” Citing three unnamed sources, Martin writes that Lieberman “dismissed the request” from Rove.

This morning on Fox News, host Megyn Kelly asked Rove to confirm the Politico’s report. Rove responded, “Sen. Lieberman’s camp denied it and so did my camp last night, so I guess Politico.com was wrong.” “Is that a non-denial denial?” Kelly asked. Rove said the Politico story “is not right,” but he refused to say whether he did indeed call Lieberman and what they talked about:

KELLY: Did you call him [Lieberman]?

ROVE: Uh, uh, the report is absolutely incorrect.

KELLY: Now you’re waffling. Did you call him?

ROVE: Uh. Look, I’m not going to get into who I call and don’t call. But this report that I called Senator Lieberman and told him, you call Senator McCain and withdraw from the vice presidential, is incorrect.

Growing more uncomfortable by the moment, Rove refused to answer Kelly’s repeated question about whether he talked to Lieberman. “Okay, not gonna go there,” Kelly finally conceded. Watch it: </div></div> link (http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/28/rove-lieberman-2/)

Rove is slime.....this confirms it.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
08-28-2008, 11:02 AM
This is important?

???

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 11:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But this report that I called Senator Lieberman and told him, you call Senator McCain and withdraw from the vice presidential, is incorrect.

</div></div>

LMAO! No, he didn't say that...he just said, "Look, get the F. out!"

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 11:14 AM
It's not earth shattering, but sheds more light on the man's character. If he can't "own up" to this.......

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 11:15 AM
It's important because it's just one more example of McCain's deceit.

All the pundits have been joking about the fact that Rove is handling McCain's campaign behind the scenes. Neither of them will admit it, but everybody knows it. McCain's campaign tactics, and Bush's, are exactly alike. Rove is running the show, but McCain doesn't want to look connected to the Bush administration. And Rove doesn't want to either, since he's now a so called newpaper man, lol.

DUH! We already know he's got the same policies. Oil/war, tax cuts, debt. oil/war, tax cuts, debt. oil/war tax cuts, debt.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Bobbyrx
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
"DUH! We already know he's got the same policies. Oil/war, tax cuts, debt. oil/war, tax cuts, debt. oil/war tax cuts, debt."
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Again, who voted for Bush's energy plan and who voted against it. How many votes has Obama cast against the party line and how many times has McCain gone against the party line??? </span>

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey, look up your own statistics. McCain has voted for Bush's bs 95% of the time. I think someone said that this year, it's 100%, guess that would mean since last january.

McCain is a war hawk, and in bed with big oil, period. That's the last thing we need right now. He's also an unbalanced, well known, hot head. Not exactly a good type to have the red botton at hand, huh? He's lived a lifetime of deceit, corruption, and opportunism, save the years when he was locked up, and I've caught his campaign in lie after lie about Obama's policies.

You want to vote for a hot headed, lying pos, go ahead. That's what you did the last time, too, since you're apparently too hard headed to admit the disasterous results of your last votes for McCain's identical twin.

He'll be Bush on Crack. Believe it. That's who he is. Another liar who doesn't care a bit about the average AMerican.