PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Allison!

cuechick
08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I just got this info:

"Congratulations to Allison Fisher who was recently nominated for the Women's Sports Foundation 2008 Sportswoman of the Year for her exemplary performance in billiards. The selection process was not an easy task this year with the consideration of all the Olympic athletes. So this is a particularly high honor for Allison Fisher to be nominated among the individuals selected. In general, this is an incredible opportunity to further broaden billiards as a viable professional sport. Should she win, it will bring immediate attention to the general public and media outside of the billiard industry."

I think this is a very exciting thing for all poolplayers and esp in this year with the Olympics. You can vote by going here (http://www.womenssportsfoundation.org/News-And-Events/Awards/Sportswoman-of-the-Year-Award/Vote.aspx?type=individual&athlete=5) ...

It is easy just scroll down to the bottom.. and not log in is required.
Please come back and post you voted to keep this thread bumped, thanks!

zombiemodder
08-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Just voted... Good luck to her.

cuechick
08-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Only one vote so far? Wow! =(

av84fun
08-28-2008, 10:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuechick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only one vote so far? Wow! =( </div></div>

I just voted. The site requires a first and last name but I e-mailed the organization to see if there was a way around that.

They said I had to include the names but it was fine to just make them up...so...Joe Jones, just voted!

(-:

JJFSTAR
08-29-2008, 11:44 AM
She has mine just voted

Rich R.
08-29-2008, 05:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuechick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only one vote so far? Wow! =( </div></div>

Can we vote and not post it here? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

sack316
08-29-2008, 05:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuechick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only one vote so far? Wow! =( </div></div>

Can we vote and not post it here? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif </div></div>

Indeed we can, but to ease cuechick's mind I also popped a vote in for her earlier today

Sack

PRQL8R
08-29-2008, 06:30 PM
I also put in a quiet vote for Allison a couple days ago... she's an excellent representative for our sport. If it helps to make cuechick's day... Ill glady also admitt to it here. ...Bob

Rich R.
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuechick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only one vote so far? Wow! =( </div></div>

Can we vote and not post it here? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif </div></div>

Indeed we can, but to ease cuechick's mind I also popped a vote in for her earlier today

Sack </div></div>
I voted, but I didn't know it was mandatory to post it here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

av84fun
08-30-2008, 01:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuechick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only one vote so far? Wow! =( </div></div>

Sack </div></div>
I voted, but I didn't know it was mandatory to post it here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif </div></div>

That's two similar comments. Do you feel your privacy is being invaded?

cuechick just wanted the thread to keep getting bumped and I don't think she is entitled to sarcastic remarks for making such a request.

(-:

Rich R.
08-30-2008, 06:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: av84fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cuechick just wanted the thread to keep getting bumped and I don't think she is entitled to sarcastic remarks for making such a request.

(-: </div></div>

I think our slightly sarcastic remarks have accomplished cuechick's goal.
We're just having a little fun in the process. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Bumped again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

av84fun
08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: av84fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cuechick just wanted the thread to keep getting bumped and I don't think she is entitled to sarcastic remarks for making such a request.

We're just having a little fun in the process. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Bumped again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Hmmm...do you also have fun by ridiculing the handicapped?

Don't get mad now...I'm just being slightly sarcastic.

(-:

Jim

Rich R.
08-30-2008, 07:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: av84fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: av84fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cuechick just wanted the thread to keep getting bumped and I don't think she is entitled to sarcastic remarks for making such a request.

(-:

Jim </div></div>

I wouldn't exactly equate cuechick with the handicapped. She is a very capable lady and she has been around the forums for a while. She may enjoy a little humor.

BTW, my brother in law is visually impaired and we do joke back and forth about it. Life is too short to take everything so serious.

Hey, look! We just bumped it up again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

av84fun
08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: av84fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: av84fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cuechick just wanted the thread to keep getting bumped and I don't think she is entitled to sarcastic remarks for making such a request.

(-:

Jim </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I wouldn't exactly equate cuechick with the handicapped.</span> She is a very capable lady and she has been around the forums for a while. She may enjoy a little humor.

BTW, my brother in law is visually impaired and we do joke back and forth about it. Life is too short to take everything so serious.

Hey, look! We just bumped it up again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I wouldn't either...and didn't.

Hey...another bump!

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>(-:</span>

sack316
08-31-2008, 02:16 AM
I ridicule people based on race, belief, handicap, whatever I can find. That's what differences are for. If we weren't meant to make fun of each other for these things, God, Darwin or L. Ron Hubbard would have made us all the same and not given us a sense of humor. Though I will say some people got shorted on the sense of humor... but none of us got shorted on things to be made fun of. Oh, and bump BTW. Just had to find a way to get in on this again.

Sack