PDA

View Full Version : McCain's New POW Ad To Cancel 7 Houses

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Seven houses, and a driveway that cost over a million dollars? But that's OK.
Pow Pow... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif That's the new nickname for the McCain Campaign, Pow Pow....

So having seven houses, and not caring about over a million Americans who are losing their homes, is all to be forgotten when this new ad comes out. After all, we OWE him the presidency, because he was a prisoner of war, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/08/new_ad_from_south_carolina_gop.php

This is the limit!

Deeman3
08-28-2008, 02:27 PM
I wonder if John McCain saw the same news program I did a couple of weeks ago. A poor lady had a house note of $3,800 per month on an income of $75,000 a year. The adjustment of the note under her agreement that she admitted to not reading, nor understanding made it go up to $4,600 a month.

Now, she said her total incomer had not changed, up or down by a large amount in the three years she ahd been in the house but explained she had signed side notes to keep up the payments before the rate went up after her life research showed you can't spend over 60 percent of your gross income on your house note!

Now certainly she is not typical, (I hope) but made it to a network newscast on her sad plight. Now for sure, there was some predation in someone who could possibly believe this woman was smart enough to loan $500K to finance a house but, come on!

Doesn't even nature, who has no help from religeon, by the left's thoughts, even nature allow for culing of these type folks? People who step out in front of moving trains often enough just can't be helped.

If, under Obama politics, there is never again a threshold for personal accountability, what will motivate people to repay loans, make wise decisions. Will they all be made for them by an Obama government? Is that what freedom will become?

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 03:18 PM
How do you feel about the government bailing out the banks that made all these loans?
I may have missed the part of his speech where we won't have to repay loans, or make wise decisions if'n he gets the nod.

Well, thank God that we don't have to worry about who to vote for.
The early polls show that McBush will get 70% of the Republican vote, 25% of the Democratic one, 40% of the independents, AND
over 100% of the contested ballots!!! (A judge has already ruled any recount will be unconstitutional)
Still at this early stage of the game....only Diebold's programmers know for sure who will win

Deeman3
08-28-2008, 03:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you feel about the government bailing out the banks that made all these loans? <span style="color: #FF0000">I feel that that is even worse than the consumer bailout. </span>
I may have missed the part of his speech where we won't have to repay loans, or make wise decisions if'n he gets the nod. <span style="color: #FF0000"> I have not heard any firm policy statements beyond the "Yes,we can" platform. I am hopeful we will hear more detail tonight as it may be our last chance as the debates will be devoid of hard questions. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Well, thank God that we don't have to worry about who to vote for.
The early polls show that McBush will get 70% of the Republican vote, 25% of the Democratic one, 40% of the independents, AND
over 100% of the contested ballots!!! (A judge has already ruled any recount will be unconstitutional)
Still at this early stage of the game....only Diebold's programmers know for sure who will win </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Seriously, I think the race will be very tight or an Obama blowout. If Obama gives sensible detail on policy, McCain will lose, if he stays entirely with the slogans, it will be close and if McCain just attacks it will be, again, an Obama blow out, see you get two of the three possible DeeMan senerio predictions. The whites in Ohio and Michigan along with Debold in Florida will be the deciders (a Bush Term) unless Obama wins the entire West by guilty acclimation. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

wolfdancer
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
I'd venture to guess that Obama will win decisively as many will be not voting for him exactly, but against a continuation of the Bush policies, and to the best of my knowledge McCain has only promised to stay the course.

Deeman3
08-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Obama's speech last night was exceptional and covered many points. I am not sure I beleive a lot of it but at least he does appear to be more of a fighter than I have given him credit for. It was certainly good for the Obama faithful and not good for McCain as no one, so far, in the republican camp can swing with the top three speech deliverers in the Democratic Party.

I think it will come down to the debates and if McCain is not up to it, it is over. I also think McCain much pick a woman as the demographic is just too big in this election to ignore like Obama has. I hope he goes for one that does not own a pair of pantsuits and does not need one to hide her rear. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
08-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Deeman, I agree his speech was very good and covered a lot of points. Then again, I'm not sure you ever hear a "bad" speech at a convention. But at any rate I was glad to actually hear some substance at least. And I think he does have some pretty good ideas, and obviously a TON of good intentions. I'm still a little in the dark as to the "how", but I think for his purposes he did what was needed last night. It wasn't all rainbows and eluding to intangibles such as just "hope and change", he stated policies and beliefs and plans... which is what he will need to do from here on out to win over those voters he hasn't already locked up with his charisma alone.

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A poor lady had a house note of $3,800 per month on an income of $75,000 a year.

Now certainly she is not typical, </div></div>

Actually she is. Most of these sob stories turn out to be people who lied about their income or wanna-be house-flippers.