PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, didn't see that one coming...

sack316
08-28-2008, 06:51 PM
just saw a McCain ad on TV, I guess made just for today, congratulating Obama!

I only saw it once, and don't have time to hunt for it online. But it was McCain on camera saying something along the lines of how it's rare that we take to time to acknowledge the accomplishments of our opponents, but he wanted to take a moment to congratulate Obama on his nomination... and how fitting it is that he accept the nomination on this day (this is the anniversary of MLK's "I have a dream" speech). In the end, he said "tomorrow, we'll be back at it. But for today, congratulations".

Of course I couldn't quote that verbatim. But still, a nice gesture I think and really kinda threw me for a loop.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah, he canceled his intentions on the VP, and canceled the original announcment date. After he saw the power of Obama's speech, and the thousands of people who turned out, and started scurrying around looking for a woman, any woman, and he found one.

LWW
08-31-2008, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, he canceled his intentions on the VP, and canceled the original announcment date. After he saw the power of Obama's speech, and the thousands of people who turned out, and started scurrying around looking for a woman, any woman, and he found one.

</div></div>
Oh please.

Where do you get this garbage from?

The McCain rally was known about long in advance and it was announced over two weeks ago that McCain would introduce his Veep on that day at that event.

Have you EVER concerned yourself with the truth?

LWW

LWW
08-31-2008, 03:27 PM
<a href="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12619.html" target="_blank">GAYLE GUSHES GOBS OF GARBAGE AGAIN!

EL DUBB DUBB DRUBBS DRAMA QUEEN WITH HEAVY LEATHER OF TRUTH!</a>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exclusive: McCain to name VP on Aug. 29

By MIKE ALLEN | <span style='font-size: 26pt'>8/18/08 7:31 PM EST </span>

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) plans to celebrate his 72nd birthday on <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Aug. 29 by naming his running mate at a huge rally in the battleground state of Ohio</span>, Republican sources said.

Thatís a week from Friday, and the day after his rival, Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois, accepts the Democratic nomination at a 70,000-person spectacular in a Denver stadium.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The campaign has begun building a crowd of 10,000 for Dayton, Ohio</span>, according to an organizer. McCain is scheduled to appear with his running mate at a large-scale event in Pennsylvania shortly thereafter. </div></div>

LWW

sack316
08-31-2008, 04:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, he canceled his intentions on the VP, and canceled the original announcment date. After he saw the power of Obama's speech, and the thousands of people who turned out, and started scurrying around looking for a woman, any woman, and he found one.

</div></div>

I dunno about you, but I knew he was planning on revealing his VP pick on his bday long ago

Sack

PRQL8R
08-31-2008, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But still, a nice gesture I think </div></div>

I agree... it <u>was</u> a decent gesture.

one might even say... 'It was very "Obama-like" of him" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ...Bob

sack316
08-31-2008, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PRQL8R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But still, a nice gesture I think </div></div>

I agree... it <u>was</u> a decent gesture.

one might even say... 'It was very "Obama-like" of him" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ...Bob </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif