PDA

View Full Version : Thank You John McCain!

Gayle in MD
08-30-2008, 09:35 AM
You just shot yourself in the foot. Nothing could highlight your unbridled pettiness and ignorance more than this selection for VP.

Not only will the women who were Hillary supporters be offended by the idea that any woman on your ticket could possibly automatically get the female vote, regardless of her obvious lack of experience in foreign affairs, but you have given us a great example of why you are unfit for the office of the presidency.

This woman is the antithesis of what thinking women look for in both male and female candidates. She is against women's rights, as is McCain, and subscribes to the same energy policies as John McCain, believing that more drilling for oil, oil that won't show up on the market for seven to ten years, and won't save enough money to matter even then, is a feasible energy policy for our future.

Women voted for Hillary because she was a great candidate, with plenty of on the job experience, both as the wife of our former president, and during seven years on the Foreign Relations Committe, as a Senator to the state of New York, with its vast population, who happened to be a woman. Women voted for Hillary because she had displayed her unique understanding of what families, and women, must face, and overcome, in a society which is partly made up of authoritarian citizens hell bent on intruding into their bedrooms, doctor's offices, and private family decisions.

The presumption that women are so shallow that they would throw you their votes, solely because you are careless enough, and spastic enough to place a woman of absolutely no experience in her resumme to run this country, one whom you have met only once in your life, into the second most critical role in our country, at a time of such unique foreign circumstance, and in spite of your own health limitations, and age, is evidence enough of your own lack of credentials to be the Commander In Chief of this country.

You have just handed the office of the president over to the Democratic party. I, as a concerned citizen, and devoted and partiotic American, well aware of the grave consequences we face after nearly eight years of complete incompetence, and failed Republican policies, couldn't be more thrilled with this, your most reckless and ill advised political move to date, and an obvious result of your well documented, brash, petty and unbridled desire for power.

You have surely handed those of us familiar with your many disqualifications to hold the office of the presidency, a golden gift, which will greatly assuage our urgent concerns that you, and the incompetent, corrupt Republican Party might somehow manage to manuever yet another chance to continue the same destructive policies which have put America in a trick bag, both in the energy arena, and in our dire circumstance in the Middle East, which have resulted from them.

Bravo! Your transparency has provided undeniable proof that you are unfit to run this country. Propping up just any female as your VP running mate, does not suffice, and the thinking women in this country are not unwitting pawns to cheap political tricks. We are not that dumb!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Nice spin.

It took you 23 hours to come up with that?

sack316
08-30-2008, 11:02 AM
I think it would be fair to wait and see before passing judgement on what kind of pick she is. Thus far, all I know is that the majority of news coverage has been on hurricanes and McCain. Thus far, as short as it has been, it has proven to be a wise move. It took the thunder and attention off of Obama's night in a way that no other pick would have done, IMO. Thr rest remains to be seen.

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I called it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's pro-life. I can hear Gayle sharpening her fingernails right now.

STAY OUTTA MY WOOOOMB!!!!!

</div></div>

Qtec
08-30-2008, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called it.

[quote=Wally_in_Cincy]She's pro-life. I can hear Gayle sharpening her fingernails right now.

</div></div>

She is not pro-life, she is anti-choice.
GW says he is pro-life but he had no problem executing 100s of people.
He is pro-life but he went into Iraq killing 1,000s of Iraqi,s and 1,000s of his own troops..,,,,,,,,,,,,for nothing.

Q

DickLeonard
08-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Wally you now have two people runnng who will be eaten alive in the Debates. Running Alaska is under being the mayor of New Orleans. Next will be Ray Naginn for president.####

Bobbyrx
08-30-2008, 03:39 PM
quote Gayle "to place a woman of absolutely no experience in her resumme to run this country"

LOL...But supporting someone for the TOP office with even LESS experience is fine by you.

dad8
08-30-2008, 03:47 PM
When did Hillary have the change of heart about Obama.Isn't she the same Hillary that didn't support Obama during many debates.So why would any one trust her support for Obama now.Seams to me if as many Dems liked her as much Dems thought she would be in Obama's seat.

Vapros
08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
On behalf of Mr. McCain, you are most welcome. Please don't assume that you couldn't be more thrilled, as we are preparing other such gifts for you. It is our wish that you have a most enjoyable autumn, right up until election day.

I'm a bit embarrassed. I was about ready to believe that you would have no response at all to our news. I should have known better, but how could I have foreseen it would be as brilliant as it is? You never cease to amaze me! The Dems are so lucky to have you, and I hope the Obama administration will have a spot for you. Will there be a Secretary of Dreck? Be well and don't forget your friends here on this forum.

pooltchr
08-30-2008, 07:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice spin.

It took you 23 hours to come up with that? </div></div>

She had to wait for the DNC heads to give her the spin they wanted to circulate.

As for the experience question, the Rep VP and the Dem Presidential nominee are roughly equil in their foreign policy experience. But when executive leadership is considered, the edge has to go to a Governor over ajunior senator. At least she has shown the ability to make a decision and stick by it.

I think the left knows they have a problem.

Steve

mike60
08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Steve baby, The construct you carry around as a brain should be doing more for you. I mean you have world class hallucinations you need a job at EA video games. This comparison of candidates is a bad choice for you. In the real world Miss Alaska is an accident away from the BOMB!!!,
yeah sure whatever, Next.....

miguel james kopp doing forever as some guy's bitch

wolfdancer
08-30-2008, 11:02 PM
"I think the left knows they have a problem."
Steve, it's still McBush Vs Obama,in the main event... and while it may have been a
"brilliant" move to nominate a woman as VP, I think it may just backfire on John.

sack316
08-31-2008, 02:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for the experience question, the Rep VP and the Dem Presidential nominee are roughly equil in their foreign policy experience. But when executive leadership is considered, the edge has to go to a Governor over ajunior senator.
Steve </div></div>

Not to mention a junior senator who has spent the majority of his time in that position on the campaign trail, and probably has missed more votes than has been cast. I'd dare say it generous to grant him one actual year of national senate experience. Heck, maybe next go around I'll run for city council for a bit and rest on that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 06:23 AM
You're trying to compare the President of the Harvard Law Review, having served his state legislature for seven years, and being on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for three years, working with the best of our foreign affairs representatives, to a Hockey Mom, with only eighteen months of any pertinent experience?

BWA HA HA HA...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At least she has shown the ability to make a decision and stick by it.
</div></div>

She was for the bridge to nowhere, before she was against it.

A woman who is against women's rights, against a woman having the right to abort a fetus after being the victim of rape, and incest, or in a circumstance where bringing the fetus to term, could mean death for herself.

A woman who thinks global warming is a myth. Who thinks that polar bears, who are drowning, are just fine. A woman who believes that drilling is the answer to our energy problems. A person who was stupid enough to get herself pregnant at the age of forty-three, knowing damned well the odds of having a baby with Downs syndrome at that age, and what that child would have to endure due to her careless, thoughtless stupidity.

Her nomination was nothing but a desperate attempt by a man too old and ill, physically and mentally, to be president, just to get some attention, prop a woman up by his side, with no foreign policy experience, while both are against every single issue that counts to women, incluidng equal pay.

Most people wouldn't think of appointing a person they had only met once as the gaurdian of their children if they died, while McCain is so desperate he will choose a person he had only met once to represent all the people in this country.

This may be perfectly normal for a man who'se favorite past time is shooting craps, but it's not even close to reasonable when deciding who could take the helm if he drops over dead!

The most irresponsible political decision of all time.

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 06:27 AM
It already has. Women across this country are offended by this very transparent move, which thinking women find insulting. There were a few in his own party with some experience, this woman was chosen for her glitz value, and believe me, women have seen right through it. A reckless decision by a desperate man, and an excellent example of why such a spastic individual should never be president.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 06:32 AM
He has been on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee throughout, has been known for working across the isle, is unquestionably a brillian man, and has the best foreign relations person on the hill by his side.

Compare that to an old timer, who can't remember how many houses he owns, or the differences between Sunni and Shiia, with a hockey mom to take over when he becomes another Ronald Reagan, who can't remember anything, and we'll have none other than Cindy covering up his senility.

Stupid choice. The woman has zilch experience in the field of foreign relatons, and if you think being Governor of Alaska for eighteen months, not exactly a thriving metropolis, is enough to take the helm in a disaster, all I can say is, bull!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
08-31-2008, 06:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're trying to compare the President of the Harvard Law Review, having served his state legislature for seven years, and being on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for three years, working with the best of our foreign affairs representatives, to a Hockey Mom, with only eighteen months of any pertinent experience?

BWA HA HA HA...

</div></div>
OK, let's take your statement and consider one thing. Are the MAJORITY of female voters more likely to identify with someone who was a "hockey mom" and a mother of 5 who worked her way up through local offices to the highest job in her state? For that matter, how about just the majority of voters, female or male?? Personally, I feel like she understands how the average citizen lives far more than the sleezeball from Chicago.

Not to mention, one of your own big arguements for supporting Hillary was that you thought a woman was better equiped to handle the office, less likely to lead us into war, and all the other sexist garbage you spread around here while she was still in the running. I would think a manhater such as yourself would be thrilled that a woman actually has the opportunity to prove your point. But then, she does wear the wrong jersey, doesn't she?

Steve
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 06:41 AM
Roughly? Bull! That's a huge stretch. McCain has twenty sic years, to Biden's thirty. Obama has three years, to her eighteen months in a position which provides no foreign policy experience, to his time on the Foreign Relations committee, and seven years in his state legislature.

This is a joke, and the entire Washington insider cabal, both media, and poloticians, all scratching their heads! It is actually amusing watching the right wing pundits try to work at spinning this into some kind of reasonable decision.

It's a joke.

You think the left knows they have a problem!

BWA HA HA HA....yeah, right! 38 million people glued to their TV's for Obama's speech, more than watched the opening Olympic events!

BWA HA HA HA....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Bobbyrx
08-31-2008, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He has been on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee throughout, <span style="color: #FF0000">Through out what? His campaign? That's all he has done since he was elected. But you might want to let him know. He claimed he was on the banking committee </span> has been known for working across the isle <span style="color: #FF0000">(Yeah, the isle at his church with Rev.Wright)</span> , is unquestionably a brillian man <span style="color: #FF0000">(Yes, I recall the people at Mesna International also talking about our 57 states) </span> , and has the best foreign relations person on the hill by his side. <span style="color: #FF0000">True, for example "You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent." What foreign relations brilliance!! <span style="color: #FF0000"> </span> </span>

Compare that to an old timer, who can't remember how many houses he owns, <span style="color: #FF0000">or to your old timer who thinks Barack's last name is America and plagiarizes speeches </span> or the differences between Sunni and Shiia, with a hockey mom to take over when he becomes another Ronald Reagan, who can't remember anything, <span style="color: #FF0000">I guess Biden can't remember that he thinks Obama America can't handle the presidentcy </span> and we'll have none other than Cindy covering up his senility.

Stupid choice. The woman has zilch experience in the field of foreign relatons <span style="color: #FF0000">Neither does your PRESIDENTIAL candidate </span> , and if you think being Governor of Alaska for eighteen months, not exactly a thriving metropolis, is enough to take the helm in a disaster, <span style="color: #FF0000">Yes there is nothing like a "community organizer" in a disaster </span> all I can say is, bull!

Gayle in Md. </div></div> <span style="color: #FF0000"> </span>

dad8
08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
Who's the Chicago Thug that Bill Clinton mentioned.Oh yeah!Obama

sack316
08-31-2008, 10:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roughly? Bull! That's a huge stretch. McCain has twenty sic years, to Biden's thirty. <span style="color: #3366FF"> and at that point a few years makes a difference?</span> Obama has three years <span style="color: #3366FF">Of what? Campaigning?</span>, to her eighteen months in a position which provides no foreign policy experience <span style="color: #3366FF"> Ah, so now suddenly the "Bush has 7 1/2 years of experience" argument gets dropped because suddenly it is to your advantage to play the inexperience card?</span>, to his time on the Foreign Relations committee <span style="color: #3366FF">Which by most accounts he spent his time on speeches and inspirational trips rather than on investigations. And then his work in taking charge of the European affairs subcommittee-- in which he was too busy campaigning to lead a single policy hearing on anything important. Indeed, that "experience" sure is making me change my mind</span>, and seven years in his state legislature. <span style="color: #3366FF"> yep, and the stories may well show the good he did in bringing jobs closer to the people, child care work, health reform, welfare reform, monitoring racial profiling, etc. But I again must point to the shape the district is in. And I as well wonder how much of that time he spent campaigning. Out of what little experience he actually has, I wonder how many of those years he served in office were actually spent "on the job" rather than "on the trail"</span>

This is a joke, and the entire Washington insider cabal, both media, and poloticians, all scratching their heads! It is actually amusing watching the right wing pundits try to work at spinning this into some kind of reasonable decision. <span style="color: #3366FF"> Oddly, I watched a great number of left wing pundits doing the same thing. Regardless, it was amusing watching all the "experts" trying to justify why they were wrong with their predictions</span>

It's a joke. <span style="color: #3366FF"> As was an inexperienced junior senator from Illinois competing against Mrs. Clinton... that was a joke at one time as well. For that matter, another joke was the thought of McCain getting the nomination when he was so far down to begin with. I would think it one thing has been learned over the last year or so, is that nothing is a joke nor should it be taken lightly lest it come back to bite you in the butt. Just ask the NY senator.</span>

You think the left knows they have a problem!

BWA HA HA HA....yeah, right! 38 million people glued to their TV's for Obama's speech, more than watched the opening Olympic events! <span style="color: #3366FF">and also less than half of the 94,000,000 people who watched OJ ride in a white Bronco. What can we say, the public loves a spectacle.

and On a really odd side note here, it seems more people watched his speech on Fox news than they did MSNBC. CNN was the clear cut winner, though.</span>

BWA HA HA HA.... <span style="color: #3366FF"> indeed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

</div></div>

Kerbouchard
08-31-2008, 11:30 AM
I personally like his VP pick. A woman who goes against the establishment and fights against corruption. A woman who likes to hunt and fish and was a runner up to Miss Alaska, to boot. A woman who is squeaky clean and stands up for her values, even when its tough. A woman who is a life time member of the NRA and lives a working class life with a working class husband...

Oh, and did I forget to mention, she is the ONLY one out of the four that actually has ANY executive experience.

I'd take the Repub's VP over the Dem's President any day of the week.

Oh, and Gayle, as adamant supporter of Hillary that you are, I am sure you are familiar with PUMA, right? Here's what they have to say about the pick. http://www.puma08.com/tag/palin/ They are more than enthusiastic about a McCain/Palin ticket.

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Your usual only defense, calling other people haters, and sexists, when you posted the most sexist statement ever posted on this forum,

"When a woman spreads her legs, she loses her defense."

Get a handle on your own sexism and misogeny before you go around accusing others of hate. Another oil person in the White House, (Palin's husband works for BP!) is not what the country is looking for. Another hard headed hot headed spoiled little punk, isn't what most of us want.

The woman has absolutely no credibility, or exposure in foreign affairs, and never even owned a passport until last year. The very idea that she would bring a seriously health challenged child into this world, at her age, and abandon her maternal responsibility to that child in order to run on the national political ticket, is positively repulsive.

A woman who wants creationism taught in our schools, denies the impact of human intervention on global warming, wants to drill for oil in her state, for revenues, in spite of the fact that the most urgent move at this time should be away from oil, and toward clean renewable energy, is just more of the same old failed Republican policies.

Obama worked his way up from nothing. He made a sensible choice for his VP. He has energized a nation into action, without ties to big oil, without corporate financing, but straight up from grass roots support. There is no way that Palin can ever compare to Joe Bidens' foreign policy experience. Both McCain, and Palin, support this disasterous foreign policy in Iraq, and neither are willing to admit that it was a mistake that has strengthened our enemies, and destroyed our credibility and honor, while energizing every ferrorist group in the world.

Sara, is no Hillary. Women voted for a great presidential candidate when they voted for Hillary. If you think those eighteen million votes for Hillary, are going to go to a hockey mom, who has done nothing but prove that she is a Republican right wing religious nut, against women's rights, against moving away from oil, at a time when this country wants to go in a different direction, you're dreaming.

This choice proves everything I have said about McCain from the start. A spastic, power hungry flip flopper, who wanted Leiberman, until Rush forbade it, and flipped over to total foreign policy inexperience, after trying to make a case on foreing threats.

It is a colossal JOKE! The woman was a mayor of a town with less than 10,000 people, and has been a governor for under two years. Obama has been on the Seante Foreign Relations committe for three years, and has over 300 foreign policies advisors, had the good judgement to know Iraq was a mistake, and smart enough to understand that the "Surge" is just a temporary tactic by Bush to prolong a disasterous mistake, until he can get out of office.

She can't compare to Biden, and McCain can't compare to Obama. McCain just proved to the world he is too spastic and ambitious to make informed decisions. He's already gone off half cocked out of desperation with this choice.

Obama is right, his temperament is insufficient to be able to make sound dscisions. This proves it. This woman doesn't have a clue what to do if McCain drops dead, and Russia gets out of hand. Republicans are so desperate to justify this spastic mistake, their only foreign policy justification for Miss Congeniality is that her state is closest to Russia!!!!

BWA HA HA HA...

This is better than saturday night live!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 11:32 AM
You've made atleast four incorrect statements. I'll let you find them and correct them yourself.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 11:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> personally like his VP pick. A woman who goes against the establishment and fights against corruption. <span style="color: #000066">She's under investigation right now for corruption in her position as governor. </span> A woman who hunts and fishes and was a runner up to Miss Alaska, to boot. <span style="color: #000066"> LOL, you are funny.</span> A woman who is squeaky clean and stands up for her values, even when its tough. <span style="color: #000066">Values? Her value is getting oil contracts for Alaska, another oil operative. </span> A woman who is a live time member of the NRA and has a working class life and a working class husband... <span style="color: #000066">and no foreign policy experience whatsoever. </span>

Oh, and did I forget to mention, she is the ONLY one out of the four that actually has ANY executive experience. <span style="color: #000066">LOL, if you call 18 months of governing in the wilderness, and ending up under investigation for corruption, executive experience, you got a problem, friend. </span>

I'd take the Repub's VP over the Dem's President any day of the week.

<span style="color: #000066">Of course you will. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </span>
</div></div>

Kerbouchard
08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
She's under investigation for forcing the resignation of somebody who was giving their spouse political favors and would not stop. I hardly consider that earth-shattering.

As far as the oil contracts, drilling while working towards an energy policy that does not depend on oil is the best we've got. I ran the Nuclear Reactors for the Navy.

McCain supports more Nuclear Power. Obama is against it. McCain is for drilling here to get away from the strangle hold that the Middle East has on us. Obama is against it. As much as I dislike it, McCain DOES have a history of working across the aisle. Obama doesn't know what the other side of the aisle looks like.

The only thing Obama has going for him is his race, his ability to read a TelePrompter, and the fact that he opposed the war in Iraq to begin with(when he did not have any of the facts and did not have any say in the matter whatsoever.)

Palin is staunchly pro-life, which is not something I happen to agree with, but at least she is not hypocritical about it. Its not some stump speech that she leaves behind when it comes down to her own life. I can respect that.

sack316
08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sara, is no Hillary. Women voted for a great presidential candidate when they voted for Hillary. If you think those eighteen million votes for Hillary, are going to go to a hockey mom, who has done nothing but prove that she is a Republican right wing religious nut, against women's rights, against moving away from oil, at a time when this country wants to go in a different direction, you're dreaming.
</div></div>

I don't understand the assumption by the left viewpoint that the right seems to think suddenly every vote for hillary will now automatically go to McCain because of this pick. As far as that goes, the point is that it is likely to bring in more votes out of that pool. Even if say only 5% of those 18 million voted get swayed by this decision, it may well be enough as close as the race has been.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> McCain just proved to the world he is too spastic and ambitious to make informed decisions. </div></div>

A) at least he has shown he is capable of making A decision
B) I seriously doubt you'd want to get into who's ambitions influence who more, in this case

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks,
Corrections completed. Mission Accomplished. Sarcasm un-necessary. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
08-31-2008, 01:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: <u>Kerbouchard</u></div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's under investigation for forcing the resignation of somebody who was giving their spouse political favors and would not stop. I hardly consider that earth-shattering.
</div></div>

Check again, Sack. </div></div>

Thanks for your due diligence and attention to detail. That wasn't even from my post. Very McCain like, dear. Don't even know the difference between a Kerbouchard and a Sack /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Quote:She's under investigation for forcing the resignation of somebody who was giving their spouse political favors and would not stop. I hardly consider that earth-shattering.

Check again. That isn't what she's being investigated for. She's under investigation for throwing her political power around, going after an ex brother-in-law, a State Trooper, and firing the State Police Official who refused to go along with her spreading her wrath and revenge around, and refused to fire the brother-in-law, so she fired the official!

Both Republicans, and Democrats, have decided to launch an investigation into the matter. It was a clear case of Bush styled tactics. Trying to use political power, for personal revenge. Just like McCain does, trying to get certain aides of people he didn't like because they disagreed with him, fired from positions, years later, when they were working for someone else entirely.

She's another radical religious nut, who thinks she can dictate to others.

No amount of drilling now, will be a plus for the future.

It has already been proven that any drilling in Alaska, would not bring more oil in for atleast seven years, and even then, there would be no measurable savings.

If you think that John McCain, and this woman, whose husband works for BP, aren't in the hands of big oil, you're kidding yourself.

We can see what the last two Republican oil operatives in the WHtie House have done to this country. Now you want two More? And they're both on the wrrong side of the energy issues, and the foreign policy issues.

Pahleeeze!

sack316
08-31-2008, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks,
Corrections completed. Mission Accomplished. Sarcasm un-necessary. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

you know darn well sarcasm is always necessary when I'm around /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

LWW
08-31-2008, 02:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called it.

[quote=Wally_in_Cincy]She's pro-life. I can hear Gayle sharpening her fingernails right now.

</div></div>

She is not pro-life, she is anti-choice.
GW says he is pro-life but he had no problem executing 100s of people.
He is pro-life but he went into Iraq killing 1,000s of Iraqi,s and 1,000s of his own troops..,,,,,,,,,,,,for nothing.

Q </div></div>
And Obama is pro-death.

Did you have a point?

I didn't think so.

LWW

LWW
08-31-2008, 02:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're trying to compare the President of the Harvard Law Review, having served his state legislature for seven years, and being on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for three years, working with the best of our foreign affairs representatives, to a Hockey Mom, with only eighteen months of any pertinent experience?</div></div>
GAWD do I love the smell of fear emanating from every pore of the far left body politic.

LWW

pooltchr
08-31-2008, 07:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Quote:She's under investigation for forcing the resignation of somebody who was giving their spouse political favors and would not stop. I hardly consider that earth-shattering.

Check again. That isn't what she's being investigated for. She's under investigation for throwing her political power around, going after an ex brother-in-law, a State Trooper, and firing the State Police Official who refused to go along with her spreading her wrath and revenge around, and refused to fire the brother-in-law, so she fired the official!

Both Republicans, and Democrats, have decided to launch an investigation into the matter. It was a clear case of Bush styled tactics. Trying to use political power, for personal revenge. Just like McCain does, trying to get certain aides of people he didn't like because they disagreed with him, fired from positions, years later, when they were working for someone else entirely.

She's another radical religious nut, who thinks she can dictate to others.

It has already been proven that any drilling in Alaska, would not bring more oil in for atleast seven years, and even then, there would be no measurable savings.

If you think that John McCain, and this woman, whose husband works for BP, aren't in the hands of big oil, you're kidding yourself.

We can see what the last two Republican oil operatives in the WHtie House have done to this country. Now you want two More? And they're both on the wrrong side of the energy issues, and the foreign policy issues.

Pahleeeze!
</div></div>

Somebody needs to call 9-1-1. There's a village somewhere missing their idiot!

Steve

Bobbyrx
08-31-2008, 07:30 PM
I stand by all of them and they are all true. Speaking of Big Oil.....does the fact that Exxon Mobil sponsored the Democratic National Convention bother you at all? Along with Merck, Lilly, & AstraZeneca among evil drug companies and a long list of mega corporations?

pooltchr
08-31-2008, 08:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your usual only defense, calling other people haters, and sexists, when you posted the most sexist statement ever posted on this forum,

"When a woman spreads her legs, she loses her defense."

<span style="color: #FF0000">Here's a new quote for you....."Bite Me!!!"</span>

Get a handle on your own sexism and misogeny before you go around accusing others of hate. Another oil person in the White House, (Palin's husband works for BP!) <span style="color: #FF0000"> Yeah, he turns wrenches on a pipeline...guess he should go out and get a real job....Maybe finding a way to bottle all the hot air out of Maryland and package it as an alternative to oil!</span> is not what the country is looking for. Another hard headed hot headed spoiled little punk, isn't what most of us want. <span style="color: #FF0000">Hard headed, hot headed, spoiled....I didn't even know you were entering the race! </span>

The woman has absolutely no credibility, or exposure in foreign affairs, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Nor does Obama!</span> and never even owned a passport until last year. The very idea that she would bring a seriously health challenged child into this world, <span style="color: #FF0000"> You mean as opposed to just killing her child for convenience sake?</span> at her age, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Age discrimination??????? Sorry, old girl, but 44 is not considered over the hill by a long shot!</span> and abandon her maternal responsibility to that child in order to run on the national political ticket, <span style="color: #FF0000">If she can handle motherhood and a governors job at the same time, I would think VP wouldn't be that difficult. She would have to be better than the guy in there right now...at least according to you. </span> is positively repulsive. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Damn, she really has you scared, doesn't she!!!</span>

A woman who wants creationism taught in our schools, <span style="color: #FF0000">As opposed to the liberal bs being used to indoctrinate our kids these days??? </span> denies the impact of human intervention on global warming, <span style="color: #FF0000"> a point that the majority of people agree with.</span> wants to drill for oil in her state, <span style="color: #FF0000">Because she knows it's a good idea. Who would know the state better than the governor? </span> for revenues, <span style="color: #FF0000">revenues which, in the past, she has turned around and distributed to the citizens of her state rather than spending it on more public assistance or pork barrel projects. </span> in spite of the fact that the most urgent move at this time should be away from oil, <span style="color: #FF0000">Fine, let's pass a law and force Exxon, BP, and Texaco to just shut down. Just how long do you think it would be before the economy came to a crashing halt??? </span> and toward clean renewable energy, <span style="color: #FF0000"> We can't convert to alternative fuels any quicker than the 7 year timeline you keep quoting for any results from US drilling.</span> is just more of the same old failed Republican policies. <span style="color: #FF0000"> A term oft repeated...and straight out of the DNC talking points. You have been very well trained!</span>

Obama worked his way up from nothing. <span style="color: #FF0000"> And he worked his way all the way up to a South Chicago hack politician...well done!</span> He made a sensible choice for his VP. <span style="color: #FF0000"> I guess he isn't too old or ornery to be in the white house?</span> He has energized a nation into action, <span style="color: #FF0000">What action???? They go to ralleys and talk about hope and change. Most of his followers don't have a clue what he stands for...and that's just the way he seems to like it. </span> without ties to big oil, <span style="color: #FF0000"> But some strong ties to his mob friends and a couple of pretty well known terrorists.</span> without corporate financing, but straight up from grass roots support. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Brit Spears had grass roots support as well...but that doesn't mean she is presidential material.</span> There is no way that Palin can ever compare to Joe Bidens' foreign policy experience. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Obama can't either! Why didn't the dems nominate Biden if he is so good?</span> Both McCain, and Palin, support this disasterous foreign policy in Iraq, and neither are willing to admit that it was a mistake that has strengthened our enemies, and destroyed our credibility and honor, while energizing every ferrorist group in the world. <span style="color: #FF0000"> All of that is stated as fact, when it is obviously just an opinion.</span>

Sara, is no Hillary. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Thank GOD for that!!!</span> Women voted for a great presidential candidate when they voted for Hillary. <span style="color: #FF0000"> So all the talk about finally possibly having the first female president was just talk? I guess nobody really meant it??</span> If you think those eighteen million votes for Hillary, are going to go to a hockey mom, who has done nothing but prove that she is a Republican right wing religious nut, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Is anyone who attends church on a regular basis a "religious nut"?</span> against women's rights, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Or maybe she is just FOR infant rights</span> against moving away from oil, at a time when this country wants to go in a different direction, <span style="color: #FF0000">If this country wants to go in a different direction, why do the majority think we should expand domestic drilling?? </span> you're dreaming.

This choice proves everything I have said about McCain from the start. A spastic, power hungry flip flopper, who wanted Leiberman, until Rush forbade it, and flipped over to total foreign policy inexperience, after trying to make a case on foreing threats. <span style="color: #FF0000"> God, I love it when you stoop to name calling. It usually is at it's best when you don't have anything else to say.</span>

It is a colossal JOKE! The woman was a mayor of a town with less than 10,000 people, and has been a governor for under two years. <span style="color: #FF0000"> So because her background is in local politics, and as the executive officer of one of our 50 (or is it 57?) states, she doesn't have experience?</span> Obama has been on the Seante Foreign Relations committe for three years, <span style="color: #FF0000">And during that time, has accomplished exactly what??? I didn't think so. </span> and has over 300 foreign policies advisors, <span style="color: #FF0000">So are you saying if you don't know something, you should get a bunch of people to tell you what to think??? </span> had the good judgement to know Iraq was a mistake, <span style="color: #FF0000">I guess Hillary didn't have that good judgement, but she sure was Gods gift to America according to you. </span> and smart enough to understand that the "Surge" is just a temporary tactic by Bush to prolong a disasterous mistake, until he can get out of office. <span style="color: #FF0000">Ar a good way to control sporatic violence in the country while locals are trained to deal with it themselves </span>

She can't compare to Biden, <span style="color: #FF0000"> True. She actually has some ethics!</span> and McCain can't compare to Obama. <span style="color: #FF0000"> True again, and I can't even begin to count all the ways</span> McCain just proved to the world he is too spastic <span style="color: #FF0000"> spastic??? is that a politically correct name to call someone?</span> and ambitious to make informed decisions. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Time will tell. I think she is going to outshine Obama, McCain and Biden all three!</span> He's already gone off half cocked out of desperation with this choice. <span style="color: #FF0000"> I think you are the one going off half cocked. This woman can run circles around most of the Washington insiders, male and female, and you are so blinded because she is a Republican, you can't see it. She is EXACTLY what we need in Washington...an outsider, uncorrupted by the system, and willing to stand by her principles.</span>

Obama is right, his temperament is insufficient to be able to make sound dscisions. This proves it. This woman doesn't have a clue what to do if McCain drops dead, and Russia gets out of hand. <span style="color: #FF0000"> And you think Obama does??? He'd be on the phone to Rev. Wright asking for help!</span> Republicans are so desperate to justify this spastic mistake, <span style="color: #FF0000"> It must hurt a lot to know the Republicans actually did what the Dems should have done, but didn't</span> their only foreign policy justification for Miss Congeniality is that her state is closest to Russia!!!! <span style="color: #FF0000"> How much foreign policy experience did Bill Clinton have before he took office?</span>

BWA HA HA HA... <span style="color: #FF0000"> is this the sound of a sheep bleating???</span>

This is better than saturday night live!

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> When the eyes turn green, the claws really come out, don't they??
Steve</span>

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Another pointless post. I'm sure, you're so right. There is no one more suited to "uncorrupt" Washington D.C. than another Republican who is under investigation. Since you hate lawyers so much, you must be furious about all the money they're making off your party. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I wouldn't bash Obama just because he went to Chicago to work for the people, if I were you. He wasn't raised there. He didn't break any laws there. he didn't torture any prisoners there. He went there to help people, and they must have loved him in Illinois, he won by an overwhelming vote, in a state where there is only around 11% African American Population.

Anyway, who are you to be so elitist about South Side, didn't you say you grew up in the Lanham/New Carrollton area? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

I couldn't be happier about McInsane's VP choice. In fact, the entire National Press Club must have been happy about it, I've never seen the whole NPC bar, right and left, in spontaneous side splitting laughter, but it was grand to see the non partisan response, a mix of laughter over the sheer incredulous absurdity over the McInsane choice, and jovial realization of just how totally nuts McInsane is.

Its a bit of a joke, and the jokes on you. McInsane is desperate. That's pretty obvious. And so are you. Forty million people tuned in to watch obama's acceptance speech, and McInsane grabbed the phone and said, "Get that moose eatin' gun slinger on the phone!"

This takes the cake! I'd be ashamed to jump on this band wagon.

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar, an attorney, Attorney General, and had governed a state for 10 or 12 years with five times the population of Alaska.

Barack Obama has been on the Senate Foreign Relations Committe for nearly four years, was a lawyer, a law professor, President and Editor of the Harvard Law Review, and an Illinois state legislator for seven years, until he ran for the Senate.

This woman admits that she doesn't know anything about the Iraq War. She has had nothing to do with National Security, even in her state, and has only been a mayor of a town with under ten thousand people, and a president of the PTA, until eighteen months ago!

You righties are really desperate.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 12:16 AM
"We rely on elected officials not to use the power of their office to pursue personal agendas or vendettas. It's called an abuse of power. There is ample evidence that Palin used her power as governor to get her ex-brother-in-law fired. When his boss refused to fire him, she fired him. She first denied Monegan's claims of pressure to fire Wooten and then had to amend her story when evidence proved otherwise. The available evidence now suggests that she 1) tried to have an ex-relative fired from his job for personal reasons, something that was clearly inappropriate, and perhaps illegal, though possibly understandable in human terms, 2) fired a state official for not himself acting inappropriately by firing the relative, 3) lied to the public about what happened and 4) continues to lie about what happened."

"The person in question is state trooper Mike Wooten -- Palin's ex-brother-in-law who's embroiled in a bitter custody and divorce battle with Palin's sister. Back in the second week of August, well before Palin became a national political figure, TPMMuckraker was reporting on this story. And as part of the reporting we tried to get a handle on just how bad a guy Wooten was. Most people who are familiar with the ugliness that often spills out of custody and divorce cases know to take accusations arising out of the course of them with a grain of salt unless you know a lot about the people involved. And if you look closely at the case there are numerous reasons to question the picture drawn by the Palin family. Regardless, we proceeded on the assumption that Wooten really was a rotten guy because the truth is that it wasn't relevant to the investigation of Palin.

Let's review what happened.

The Palin family had a feud with Wooten prior to her becoming governor. They put together a list of 14 accusations which they took to the state police to investigate -- a list that ranged from the quite serious to the truly absurd. The state police did an investigation, decided that 5 of the charges had some merit and suspended Wooten for ten days -- a suspension later reduced to five days. The Palin's weren't satisfied but there wasn't much they could do.

When Palin became governor they went for another bite at the apple. Palin, her husband and several members of her staff began pressuring Public Safety Commissioner, Walt Monegan -- a respected former Chief of the Anchorage police department -- to can Wooten. Monegan resisted, arguing that the official process regarding Wooten was closed. And there was nothing more that could be done. In fact, during one of the conversations in which Palin's husband Todd was putting on the squeeze, Monegan told Todd Palin, "You can't head hunt like this. What you need to do is back off, because if the trooper does make a mistake, and it is a terminable offense, it can look like political interference."

Eventually, Palin got fed up and fired Monegan from his job. (Palin claims, not credibly, that she fired Monegan over general differences in law enforcement priorities.) This is an important point. Wooten never got fired. To the best of my knowledge, he's is still on the job. The central bad act was firing the state's top police official because he refused to bend to political pressure from the governor and her family to fire a public employee against whom the governor was pursuing a vendetta -- whether the vendetta was justified or not.

Soon after this, questions were raised in the state about Monegan's firing and he eventually came forward and said he believed he'd been fired for not giving in to pressure to fire Wooten.

After Monegan made his accusations, Palin insisted there was no truth whatsoever to his claims. Nonetheless, a bipartisan committee of the state legislature approved an investigation. In response, Palin asked the Attorney General to start his own investigation which many in the state interpreted as an effort to either keep tabs on or tamper with the legislature's investigation. Again, very questionable judgment in someone who aspires to be first in line to the presidency.

The Attorney General's investigation quickly turned up evidence that Palin's initial denials were false. Multiple members of her staff had raised Wooten's employment with Monegan. Indeed, the state police had a recording of one of her deputies pushing Monegan to fire Wooten. That evidence forced Palin to change her story. Palin said that this was the first she'd heard of it and insisted the deputy wasn't acting at her behest, even though the trascript of the recorded call clearly suggested that he was. (Hear the audio here.)

Just yesterday, Monegan gave an interview to the Washington Post in which he said that not only Palin's aides, but Palin's husband and Palin herself had repeatedly raised the Wooten issue with him and pressured him to fire him. And now he says he has emails that Palin sent him about the matter. (In an interesting sidelight, that may end up telling us a lot, Monegan says no one from the McCain campaign ever contacted him in the vetting process.)

The investigator appointed by the state legislature began trying to arrange a time to depose Gov. Palin last week -- in other words, in the final days before her selection.

So let's put this all together.

These are, to put it mildly, not the traits or temperament you want in someone who could hold the executive power of the federal government.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/211769.php

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 12:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When the eyes turn green, the claws really come out, don't they??
Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Pres '08
Aug 31 CNNObama (D) 49%, McCain (R) 48%Pres '08
Aug 31 GallupObama (D) 48% McCain (R) 42%Pres '08
Aug 31 RasmussenObama (D) 49%, McCain (R) 46%Pres '08
Aug 30 GallupObama (D) 49%, McCain (R) 41%Pres '08
Aug 30 RasmussenObama (D) 49%, McCain (R) 45%Pres '08
Aug 29 GallupObama (D) 49%, McCain (R) 41%</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Both you, and McInsane, are so out of touch! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Not a hypocrite?

http://www.adn.com/opinion/comment/story/295464.html

Palin's responses on radio talk show very unbecoming

DAN FAGAN
COMMENT

Published: January 27th, 2008 01:12 AM
Last Modified: January 27th, 2008 01:38 AM

The governor's appearance on KWHL's "The Bob and Mark Show" last week is plain and simple one of the most unprofessional, childish and inexcusable performances I've ever seen from a politician.

Anchorage DJ Bob Lester unleashed a vicious, mean-spirited, poisonous attack on Senate President Lyda Green last week while our governor was live on the air with him.

When we played the tape on my show the day after it happened, we received 130 calls. Even some Palinbots were disgusted.

The Daily News posted the recording on its Web site and it fired up bloggers.

The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner editorial writers demanded the governor apologize. The Juneau and Ketchikan papers also ran the editorial.

The Daily News opinion page addressed the governor's gaffe. They wrote "She came off looking immature herself, almost high-schoolish. It was conduct unbecoming a governor."

It was conduct unbecoming a human being, never mind a governor.

The governor's office eventually tried to spin the public relations disaster, releasing a statement reading, "Governor Palin was caught off guard by Bob Lester's reference to Senate President Lyda Green."

I don't buy it. Early on in the conversation before Palin started to crack up, Lester referred to Sen. Green as a jealous woman and a cancer. Palin, who knows full well Lyda Green is a cancer survivor, didn't do what any decent person would do, say, "Bob, that's going too far."

But as the conversation moved on, Lester intensified his attack on Green.

Lester questioned Green's motherhood, asking Palin if the senator cares about her own kids. Palin laughs.

Then Lester clearly sets the stage for what he is about to say by warning his large audience and Palin. He says, "Governor you can't say this but I will, Lyda Green is a cancer and a b----." Palin laughs for the second time.

What were teenage boys thinking when they heard the governor laugh at someone being called a b----? How about the teenage girls who look up to Palin. What did they think when they heard her laugh?

But there is more. Lester then describes Green's chair as big and cushy. A clear reference to the senator's weight. Palin laughs a third time. She's just having a grand old time.

Palin was clearly enjoying every second of Lester's vicious attack on her political rival.

But it gets worse.

Lester asks Palin point blank: "Do you have any idea of what you did, to make Lyda Green dislike you, hate you?" How does Palin respond? Does she do the right thing? What you would expect from a mature leader, a governor and say, "Bob, Lyda doesn't hate me."

No, she responds like a 13-year-old and says, "Um, you know once and a while I try to figure that out but I can't figure that out."

The Palin camp says the governor did call Green and apologize. That was the right thing to do. But the governor's statement shows the apology a half-hearted one.

The statement in part reads: "The Governor called Senator Green to explain that she does not condone name-calling in any way and apologized if there was a perception that the comment was attributed to the Governor."

But there's strong evidence Palin did condone Lester's name-calling. At the end of Lester making fun of Green as a mother, calling her a cancer, twice, and saying she has to go; after calling the senator a b----, making fun of her weight, and accusing Green of being jealous and hateful; after all of that, Lester ends the conversation offering to visit Palin.

How does Palin respond? "I'd be honored to have you."

The statement released by the governor's office also called Palin's action bad judgment.

But bad judgment is when you stay up late the night before a big test, order steak at a Chinese restaurant or wear blue jeans to a black tie affair.

What the governor did was wrong.

Not only did she sit by and watch a decent public servant get thrashed in front of tens of thousands of people, she actually enjoyed it.

This is our governor, for goodness sake.

Our leader. I wonder.

<span style="color: #000066">I suppose you think this is executive behavior? Well, maybe for a Republican. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif McInsane can send her out with her gun, just like Cheney. Same ol' same ol' bush Administration.

She's under investigation for Abuse of Power.</span>

DickLeonard
09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
POoltchr I want to know what do u put in that pipe ur smoking.
I know the 4 million NRA are going to vote for her, now the DEmocrats have to organize the millions of people whose lives have been dramatically changed by the KIllings from the handgun to counteract the NRA vote.

Fifty thousand a year times twenty relatives times twenty years. That should take care of the NRA.####

Wally_in_Cincy
09-01-2008, 01:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>\

What about the magic 68 million acres we keep hearing about?

mike60
09-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Palin is a thugbot deluxe model. No intelligence and less morals. Strictly stupid and stuck on it. McCain and co. are just a judas goat for
continuing to collect money from the suckers. Screw'em all the money hungry Alaskans and their oil checks. Morons.

pooltchr
09-01-2008, 02:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In fact, the entire National Press Club must have been happy about it, I've never seen the whole NPC bar, right and left, in spontaneous side splitting laughter,
</div></div>

The NPC???? ROTFLMAO!!!! The only place you might find more crackpot ultra liberal morons might be at the Dem convention!

At least now, I understand why you are the way you are. You've been brainwashed by the company you keep.

Steve

wolfdancer
09-01-2008, 03:28 PM
As a concept, liberalism has many good aspects to it. AND while you and the others here often complain about the Universities being over run with liberal educators....that seems to cast a shadow over your "liberals are morons" statement.
Specifically, there seems to be an appeal for the liberalism ideals amongst the more learned percentage of the population????
Which branch of liberalism do you find offensive?
liberalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism)
There is no perfect political ideology, conservatism included, or have you not paid attention to the past 7 years, and the long history of recessions, and budget deficits under Republican rule. In fact after 7 years of excessive, no holds barred, spending, and borrowing by this conservative admin, only an
"Wirtschaftswunder", can save the county from a terrible, deep recession
Your views on climate change, anti-monopoly laws,the war, the economy, and the laughable trickle down theory (which would have saved the jobs of "thousands" of yacht builders), smokers "rights",and just about every major issue...make me wonder what it is you are smoking?

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 04:52 PM
You show your ignorance so often, I actually get embarrassed FOR you.

The National Press Club isn't a liberal organization. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzzzzz

cheesemouse
09-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Gayle,
pooltchr probably considers anyone wearing earth tone colors and fabrics made of natural fibers liberal agitators...what a day this has been huh???

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Everything is the fault of liberals, according to the right wingnuts.

The problem is they don't know enough history, (or accurate assessments of current events) to track all the present problems back to their own party.

Who signed the bills to stop drilling along the continental shelf, anyway, and put limits on Nuclear energy???? Nixon, decades ago, after the big oil spill, and after Three mile Island.

The Brady Bill was the first natioanl legialation to limit the selling of guns, and get guns off the streets. Reagan's Press Secretray.

Who propped up Saddam?

Who sold arms to Iran?

Who was behind the Reagan Amnesty Program?

De-regulation hawks?

War Hawks?

Who sold Arms to Hitler, Prescott Bush!

Who financed the Taliban, and inadvertantly, bin Laden and al Qaeda? Reagan and Bush One.

Who blocked every piece of legsilation for more money our troops?
Bush and McInsane.

Who blocked aid for ill and hungry children?

Remember that John Dean book we were reading, Without Conscience about the psychological disposition of authoritarian followers? The proof is right here on this forum!

Liberals care about what the Constitution meant, and the founders surely made it clear, that unilateral or not, military intervention, except as a response to a military attack by another country, was not the way of America. Nation Building is not our duty. Interfering between other countries, foreign agressionm policing the world, none are in sinc with out Constitutional benchmarks.

We need a new name for Conservatives, The word surely doesn't fit their group, at all!

BTW, There is a really good comedy show on this week. It's called the Republican National Conventin. They're billing themselves as the saviors of hurricane survivors. BWA HA HA HA...McCain voted against every single bill to aid the victims of Hurrican Katrina! Five times! Nothing is funnier than the sight of Smile-Nod Laura out there wringing her golden grabby hands over Hurrrican victims. Waren't they both at some fancy fund raising dinner with all their rich friends when Katrina hit?

Here's the kicker, they've only completed about on third of the work on those levies down in the Big Easy, and the're breaking as we type!

Repiglicans as the craziest quacking ducks in the farm yard! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 05:28 PM
LOL, he's never even been inside The National Press Club.

Well, atleast I'm glad they named one of those hurrricane's after me, the man hating bi*ch!

Hannah!

They call her hard hearted Hannah, the vamp of Savannah, the meanest gal around.

Leather is tough, but Hannah's heart is tougher!
She's the gal, who likes to see men suffer!

To tease them, and thrill them, to torture and kill them,
Is her delight, they say.

I saw her at the seashore with a great big pan, there was Hannah pouring water on a drowning man, hard hearted Hannah, the vamp of Savannah G.A.

(One of my old USO songs, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif shimmy and all!)

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 05:45 PM
What about it? We all know we need to pressure the oil companies to build more refineries, and drill more oil. We have to bridge our way into a future without oil. Republicans have blocked every effort to do that, From Reagan through to McInsane!

This has become a fascist nation. Corporations cancel out every opportunity to deal successfully with our pressing problems by paying off our Representatives. Our tax money is lobbied away before it ever gets to Washington D.C.

Republicans are so entrenched with the corporate fascists in the oil industry, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, we can't solve anything. Republicans, McInsane in particular, have blocked every effort to raise cafe' standards, reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, even as far as censoring scientific studies about the human contribution to global warming.

America isn't hooked on oil, Republicans are in bed with it. The oil companies put us into this mess, by buying up their own stock, instead of investing in alternative fuels, and safety measures, like more refineries, against this very kind of foreign crunch, and foreign power, through our dependence on foreign oil.

Between that, and their Voodoo economics, and de-regulation happy, schmoozing up to the big corporate powers, I'll be surprised if we don't have a total crash in this country.

Now, you're all hopping to get two more egomaniac, mentally challenged, power mongering, oil operatives back into that White House, each of them as stupid about foreign affairs as the last two.

some things never change. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
09-01-2008, 05:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nixon, decades ago, after the big oil spill, and after Five mile Island.

</div></div>

You're probably talking about THREE mile island, but since getting the facts straight isn't one of your top priorities, I guess it doesn't really matter. You should get along fine with a candidate who has visited all 57 states!

Steve

pooltchr
09-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Wolf,
I never said liberals were morons. I said there were a lot of liberal crackpot morons at the NPC

I don't disagree that there is some validity to some liberal thinking...but the problem comes when it is taken to excess.

And even though Bush told everyone he was a conservative when he was running, he has proved that not to be the case with his excessive spending. There is nothing fiscally conservative about this administration. I have said that before, so why would you try to use the fact when countering my post? You already know I agree with you on that point.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 06:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolf,....

I have said that before, so why would you try to use the fact when countering my post? You already know I agree with you on that point.
</div></div>Because you voted for him the second time, after you knew that he was a liar, and the biggest spender in history! And you STILL try to defend this idiotic war in Iraq, which is lost!

Who will pay for it? Conservatives, who have an understanding with Republicans that they want rah rah war! AND No new taxes, at the same time?!!! And the liberals are morons? BWA HA HA HA...

You guys think you can just say, "Oh, well, we know Bush is a baddie" NOW? and that is supposed to wipe away all the insulting BS and accusations you aimed, and continue to aim at liberals, at Democrats like Bill Clinton, at Barack Obama, all those who were right about this mess long ago, and all is forgiven?

Acccusing those who had the sense to see what that SOB Bush was, of being terrorist lovers? Un-patriotic? Appeasers of terrorists?

You've never been inside the National Press Club! You don't know a single thing about it, and there are no liberals in there, because there are no liberals in the Wahsington Press, save Helen Thomas, the only reporter left in Washington D,C. that this corrupt administration, and John McInsane, hasn't bought and paid for.!

"Oh, now wolfie, I, I, I, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolf,
I never said liberals were morons. I said there were a lot of liberal crackpot morons at the NPC
</div></div>

LMAO! You're a joke! When were you ever inside the National Press Club?

I can answer that for you,.... never!

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 06:21 PM
When were you in the National Press Club? You don't know **** about it.

Bobbyrx
09-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Speaking of oil companies, drug companies, insurance companies, and other corporate fascists............ DNC sponsors (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/May/12/list-democratic-national-convention-sponsors/)

pooltchr
09-02-2008, 04:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When were you in the National Press Club? You don't know **** about it. </div></div>

You might be surprised just how much I DO know, and what I have or haven't done. You just keep spouting off without having any facts. It's what you do best.

Steve

Chopstick
09-02-2008, 05:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolf,
I never said liberals were morons.

Steve </div></div>

I did. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 06:16 AM
So you've been to the National Press Club? Yes or no? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 07:20 AM
I'll agree she is almost as unqualified a Obama but I really like her conservative positions and her ability to fight her own party.

Is she perfect, no. Will she have much to learn if elected and John McCain should not be able to serve his full term. Yes.

I think she will get many women voters and the more they howl, the better it is for her. of c ourse, she won't get the foaming at the mouth Hillary gals but that's probably not who will make the difference. If she can hold her own against Biden in debates, it will be a large step for her and McCain. Except for her lack of international experiece, just like Obama, I'd love to see her at the top of the ticket.

Now she has a pregnant daughter, she has an old case of pressuring a brother-in-law State Trooper and her husband had a DWI 22 years ago. Those are fair game and will give the left something to brood over. It will all come down to how well she does at the convention, the debates and the next 60 days. At least she was not a boring choice and we have seen enough of those lately.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 07:40 AM
There's only two righties on this board who's opinions, and occasional non partisan views and statements, have impressed me.

Suffice it to say, this post of yours is a great disappointment.

Also, I'd appreciate no future insults directed at Helen Thomas.
That is a request for a personal favor.

Her foreign and domestic experience pales greatly to Obama's. She will not rally any women other than those women who are also irresponsible and unrealitic about the importance of sex education, equal pay for equal work, and in denial of the great and obvious failures of Republican Foreign Policies.

Independent women voters, Democratic women voters,, educated professional women, will not vote for McCain after this Palin decision of his. They are insulted by it, as well they should be.

Also, I resent your description of Hillary voters, I think it's beneath you.

Palin will not be able to capitalize on Hillary Clinton's unprecedented and successful Presidential campaign. This attempt of hers to do so is laughable.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 07:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like her conservative positions and her ability to fight her own party.
</div></div>

News continues to break regarding vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin that could, in the long term, pose serious problems to one of the main thrusts of the McCain campaign: the message of conservative reform.

The presentation of Palin as an anti-earmark, fiscally conscious pol is challenged by a review of recent political records. As mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, she hired the firm of Hoffman Silver Gilman & Blasco to help secure spending projects for her town. The expenditure apparently paid off. From 2000 through 2002, Wasilla received more than $5.5 million in federal cash for transportation and social service projects.

According to the group Citizens Against Government Waste, the city received $1 million for a bus facility in 2000. In 2001, the Wasilla Health Center was granted a half million dollars for a community mental health center. That same year the city's emergency shelter also was granted $500,000 for a transitional living program for homeless youth. A year later, the Wasilla regional dispatch center received $1 million in pork, the city was granted $1.5 million for water and sewer improvements, and received an additional $600,000 for a bus facility.

The use of the earmark system that -- as a vice presidential candidate -- Palin now criticizes continued into her tenure as governor. As the Los Angeles Times reported, the state of Alaska requested 31 earmarks worth $197.8 million for next year's federal budget. And according to Citizens Against Government Waste, Alaska received $379,669,715 in pork during fiscal year 2008, nearly $100 million more than any other state.

There are important caveats to this information: projects funded by federal earmarks are often viewed positively by voters, particularly in Alaska, and analysts argue that many earmarks serve important community functions and end up saving taxpayer funds in the long run.

But John McCain has made earmark bashing a cornerstone of his campaign, calling the spending projects a "gateway to corruption." And since taking on the responsibility of running mate, Palin too has presented herself as a thorn in the side of the earmark culture. When introduced to the public last Friday, McCain said of Palin: she "championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending." Palin herself touted her opposition to the infamous Bridge to Nowhere, the nearly 400 million-dollar project that Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens requested and which became a rallying cry for McCain. As subsequent news reports pointed out, during her gubernatorial run in 2006, Palin backed the project and sympathized with the communities who wanted the Bridge to Nowhere money. Only when it became a national joke did she change her tune.

Making matters worse, on Monday the Washington Post reported that Palin had previously served on Ted Steven's political 527 group. The revelation is a notably thorny one for McCain. The Arizona Republican has butted heads with Stevens over spending matters (Palin, too, has challenged the longtime Senator on the matter). And Stevens was recently indicted on seven counts of corruption. On Sunday, moreover, McCain's chief surrogate and confidante, Sen. Lindsey Graham said of Palin's foreign policy experience, "if she can handle Ted Stevens she can handle Russia."

Kerbouchard
09-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Gayle, the choice of Palin was not intended to make you switch sides and support McCain. You are not the demographic he was going after.

Your views and what you think is best for this country are completely at odds with what McCain/Palin stands for. That doesn't make either side wrong, just different.

Those of you who believe in the re-distribution of wealth, like Senator Obama, are lost causes for the Republican Party.

McCain knows you will never vote for him, so quite frankly, your opinion of his VP choice is irrelevant. There was nobody he could have picked that would have made you happy, so in effect, any choice that he makes that you hate, only serves to solidify his base, and costs him nothing.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 08:22 AM
I really don't require your version of my opinions. If Republicans weren't involved in redistribbution of wealth, and greater abuse of earmarks, corruption, lies and distortions of reality, perhaps, I would need your assistance. Given your statements, you may be greatly enriched by making some personal studies on your own, about Republican's efforts to redistribute wealth, and all their failed economic policies, which have put our country at National Security Risk.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/05/mccains_fantasy_war_on_earmark.html
"I can eliminate $100 billion of wasteful and earmark spending immediately--35 billion in big spending bills in the last two years, and another 65 billion that has already been made a permanent part of the budget."
--John McCain, NPR All Things Considered, April 23, 2008.

John McCain boasts that he can save $100 billion a year "immediately" by eliminating the so-called earmarks that legislators attach to spending bills to finance pet projects, usually in their home state. But he has refused to say exactly which projects he would cut, and his estimates of the amount of money that is being spent on earmarks have been challenged by independent experts.

The Facts
The Arizona senator is promising to balance the budget by the end of his first term, while simultaneously extending the George W. Bush tax cuts, introducing billions of dollars of new tax cuts of his own, and remaining in Iraq as long as is necessary to stabilize that country. Asked how this miracle will be accomplished, McCain told George Stephanopoulos of ABC News This Week on April 20 that he could come up with $100 billion "tomorrow" by vetoing pork-barrel spending bills.

Here's $100 billion right here for you, George. Two years in a row, the last two years, the president of the United States has signed into law two big spending, pork barrel-laden bills with $35 billion (in earmarks). In the years before that, $65 billion. You do away with those, there's $100 billion right before you look at any agency.
Pouff! $100 billion in taxpayer money! Saved! Just like that! With a flick of the presidential veto pen!

There are a number of problems with this magical budgetary balancing act. First of all, the suspiciously round $100 billion figure is largely a figment of the McCain campaign's imagination. I have not been able to find a single independent budget expert to vouch for it. McCain's economics adviser, Doug Holtz-Eakin, will not say how the campaign arrived at the figure, other than that it is an extrapolation from various studies, including a 2006 study by the Congressional Research Service available here.

The CRS study breaks down earmarks by different government departments, without giving a global figure. According to Scott Lilly, a former Democratic appropriations staffer now with the Center for American Progress Action Fund, the CRS study identifies a total of $52 billion in earmarks for a single year. However, much of this money is tied to items such as foreign aid to countries like Israel, Egypt, and Jordan, that McCain says he will not touch.

By most definitions of the term, the amount of money spent on earmarks is much lower than the CRS study. The Office for Management and the Budget came up with a figure for $16.9 billion in the 2008 appropriation bills. Taxpayers for Commonsense, an independent watchdog group that focuses on wasteful spending, identified $18.3 billion worth of earmarks in the 2008 bills, a 23 per cent cut from a record $23.6 billion set in 2005.

How much of this $18.3 billion could be eliminated is a "difficult question that we have not yet figured out," said Taxpayers for Commonsense vice-president Steve Ellis. The figure includes such items as $4 billion for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which could not be eliminated without halting hundreds of construction projects around the country. Another big chunk goes to military construction, including housing for servicemen and their families, which McCain has also promised not to touch.

Bruce Riedl, a budget analyst with the Heritage Foundation, says it might be possible to eliminate roughly half the expenditure on earmarks every year, i.e. around $9 billion, using the Taxpayers for Commonsense figures. He identified $5 billion in Community Development Block Grant funds, most of which goes to local governments, as a prime target for cuts. Even if earmarks were eliminated altogether, many other expenditures would have to be shifted to other parts of the budget.

Like other analysts, Riedl was mystified by McCain's argument that previous year's earmarks automatically become a "permanent part of the budget." "I don't understand how they come up with that," he told me.

Excluding those programs McCain has promised to preserve, the draconian slashing of earmark expenditures might save around $10 billion a year. But that is still a long way from the $100 billion in savings that McCain says that he can identify "immediately."

The McCain camp now says that the senator never meant to suggest that his proposed $100 billion in savings would all come from earmarks. Holtz-Eakin told me that McCain had simply promised to cut overall spending by around $100 billion. Some of these savings will come from earmarks, some from other parts of the budget. He declined to identify which specific projects would be cut.

Asked whether McCain had misspoke or whether he had been misunderstood in his focus on eliminating earmarks, Holtz-Eakin replied: "a bit of both."

The Pinocchio Test
McCain's talk about eliminating $100 billion a year in earmarks is largely fantasy. His advisers are now promoting a more realistic plan of eliminating $100 billion in overall spending. But it is difficult to take even that promise very seriously given the fact that the senator refuses to identify exactly which projects he will be cut. To use a phrase coined by George H.W. Bush, this is "voodoo economics," based more on wishful thinking than on hard data or carefully considered policy proposals.

<span style="color: #000066">AS you can see, Republicans broke the record on earmarks in 2005, Democratics have actually cut that amount. Quite frankly, your opinion of my own assessments, is quite irrelevant, as is your slanted opinions on Republican policies, of which you seem to know very little. </span>

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Cindy McCain: "Palin has National Security experience because Alaska is close to Russia."

Palin: "I haven't really focused much on the War In Iraq."

Palin's Mother-in-law "I'm not sue what she brings to the ticket."

Alaska National Guard General: "Palin and I play no role in the National Defense activites, even when they involve the guard."

Wake up. Your rhetoric has no basis in fact.

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 09:35 AM

Also, I'd appreciate no future insults directed at Helen Thomas.
That is a request for a personal favor.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Gayle, I do not, in all serious consideration, think my opinion that Helen Thomas is a liberal is an any way insulting to her. I don't really understand your reasoning here. If I have said anything other than that about her, I do apoligize. I just don't rememebr it. </span>

Her foreign and domestic experience pales greatly to Obama's. She will not rally any women other than those women who are also irresponsible and unrealitic about the importance of sex education, equal pay for equal work, and in denial of the great and obvious failures of Republican Foreign Policies.

<span style="color: #FF0000">This is certainly your opinion and you have the right to it. I just happen to believe, rather than pretend that either her or Obama has great internatinal experience, that I'd be truthful and note that neither does. We can pretend that Obama has years of that experience but we both know he his biggest international experience was his recent World Tour. I'm not even saying that precludes him being President. It just does not make him an experienced wolrd leader as being Govenor of Alaska does not for Palin. </span>

Independent women voters, Democratic women voters,, educated professional women, will not vote for McCain after this Palin decision of his. They are insulted by it, as well they should be. <span style="color: #FF0000">

That may well be, If so, it is over. You should be happy they have stopped this pretender in her tracks. Just don't try to cover for this by putting Obama in the same class of experience wwith Biden and McCain. </span>

Also, I resent your description of Hillary voters, I think it's beneath you.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Some Hillary supporters do not fit this description, but some do. You, yourself, had to be embarrassed to see all these women crying and lamenting her loss like the second coming. Again, my point was that McCain will never attract those voters who are on the far left. Palin won't accomplish that, she may get some Soccer Moms and certainly a lot of conservatives who were not thrilled with McCain.

Again, unless the left gets so abusive to MCain and Palin that I feel enraged, I'll still sit this one out as I suspect many will. </span>

Palin will not be able to capitalize on Hillary Clinton's unprecedented and successful Presidential campaign. This attempt of hers to do so is laughable. <span style="color: #FF0000">

Then your thanks to John McCain is legitimate and you should now be celebrating his impending loss. Why get worked up over his pick if it benefits you so much? You know she will be roundly put down by the press being a woman, so you dont even have to help, the same press that hated Hillary will do the same to Palin. </span>

</div></div>

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 10:05 AM
We face some of the most challenging times in our history, record deficits and a dangerous world and there is still nt a camdidate out there you can trust with your wallet, much less with our country.

Committed spending for social security, medicare and medicade take up over 2/3rds of our budget, the wasteful military spending another 20% and one side wants to rebuild ouor military while the other wants to increase healthcare to where it takes over 80% of our budget! What is wrong with this? And now, our biggest concern is that the top of one ticket is unqualified and the 2nd on the other ticket is equally so?

The Democratic convention talked for 4 days without a single detail on how they will pay for all that, plus claiming that 95% will see tax reductions?

McCain will now come out and say he will cut everyone's taxes?

Why try to keep making one side bigger liars than the other. Both are corrupt and embarrassing to this country. Are any of you truly excited about Obama? McCain? Then I think you are all nuts!

Sorry, but if we had any guts, we'd run them all out of office from Pelosi to the Republicans! We are selecting among criminals, hypocrits and thieves and this is "Hype we can believe in!"

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Cindy McCain: "Palin has National Security experience because Alaska is close to Russia."
(I'm also an expert on national security, living so close to Canada)
And a VP that's not in touch with the war....BUT, that's better then being so out of touch with the reality of the war, as gwb and his loyal camp followers here are.
Palin's mother in law has summed her pick as vp up nicely.
Actually it's a sham attempt by McBush to show how progressive the party is now,. They are running their own "minority" candidate.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, I do not, in all serious consideration, think my opinion that Helen Thomas is a liberal is an any way insulting to her. I don't really understand your reasoning here. If I have said anything other than that about her, I do apoligize. I just don't rememebr it.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">It was your statement comparing her to the likes of Sean Hannity that I found offensive. Ms. Thomas is the first to admit that she is a liberal, and proud of it, and she'd be the first to tell you that there are no liberals remaining in the Washington Press Corps, save herself. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is certainly your opinion and you have the right to it. I just happen to believe, rather than pretend that either her or Obama has great internatinal experience, that I'd be truthful and note that neither does. We can pretend that Obama has years of that experience but we both know he his biggest international experience was his recent World Tour. I'm not even saying that precludes him being President. It just does not make him an experienced wolrd leader as being Govenor of Alaska does not for Palin.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I don't see how you can compare their international experience when he's had nearly four years on the Sanate Foreign Relations committee to her eighteen months as a governor in the wilderness.

She's never even had a piece of classified foreign intelligence in her hands.

I don't think she's ever served on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, nor has she ever operated any enterprise the size of Obama's campaign, in terms of the number of people, or the amount of money involved.

In fact, she's never been involved in any nation wide enterprise of any kind. She's had no foreign travel experience, other than one trip to Kuwait. And she admits herself she doesn't know anything about The Iraq War! Domestic economic issues, check out her earmark history, she's also under investigation in her own state, I don't think she can be compared to Obama's experience in these matters, nor has she had the time to learn about them, and she fails to equal him in any way. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That may well be, If so, it is over. You should be happy they have stopped this pretender in her tracks. Just don't try to cover for this by putting Obama in the same class of experience wwith Biden and McCain.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> If good judgment is going to be the determining factor, Obama wins above both Biden AND McCain, IMO. However, McCain's only record has been to support George Bush's basic policies, from taxes, to spending priorities, to disasters in the field of foreign policy. They have all been failures, and while bringing down the violence in Iraq is a good thing, it does not assuage the failure on-going in the Bush economic, foreign and domestic issues, nor does it address the stupidity of occupying the Iraq, and ignoring bin Laden, and al Qaeda, for of an opportunity to exploit the Iraq oil.

I don't think you'll hear Obama singing songs about bombing Iran, either.
</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some Hillary supporters do not fit this description, but some do.

<span style="color: #000066">I don't agree. </span> You, yourself, had to be embarrassed to see all these women crying and lamenting her loss like the second coming.

<span style="color: #000066">Actually both my daughter, my 84 year old aunt, and I were crying at that time, but the reason encompassed much more than just our feelings about Hillary. Although we all believe that she was the best of any who were running from either side, and by far the best in the debates, our thoughts were about the future of this country, and what a shame it was that a vicious press corps, and right wing trash like Karl Rove, and others from the right wing press, and certain sexist men among all political persuasions, could spend years infairly bashing a great candidate, and cause such a loss, negatively affect the best interests of our country.

We cried because we thought of all the other brave women who have shown up for the struggle for equal rights, for generations, and because Hillary has the spirit and determination to continue that fight. We cried for a whole range of feelings about the present, the future, and our national history as it pertains to women's struggles for equality, and we surely understood the tears we saw, in a way that you could never understand.</span>

Again, my point was that McCain will never attract those voters who are on the far left. <span style="color: #000066">Agreed. </span> Palin won't accomplish that, she may get some Soccer Moms and certainly a lot of conservatives who were not thrilled with McCain. <span style="color: #000066">Yes, the kind of women who could never have played a role in winning women's right to vote, or their right to use birth control, or their right to expect equal pay for equal work, or make their own decisions regarding their own bodies, or even to provide education to protect their daughters from STD's, or give them the necessary information about birth control, or even enlighten them about the destructive role that religious dogma has played in the struggles that they will always face as women. No, none of the women who would vote for McCain and Palin, would have the guts to even acknowledge any of those struggles. That is one of the reasons why women are insulted by McCain's policies, and his choice of Palin, she stands for everything that has held women back, and she stands against everything that thinking women care about. In fact, she herself is offensive to me, and to all women who are of any self esteem, or have any courage. Any mother who states that she would be against abortion, even if her own daughter was raped, and wanted one, is a sick individual, IMO.</span>

Again, unless the left gets so abusive to MCain and Palin that I feel enraged, I'll still sit this one out as I suspect many will.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then your thanks to John McCain is legitimate and you should now be celebrating his impending loss. <span style="color: #000066">I do hope there are still enough thinking people, fed up enough, to put partisan politics aside, educate themselves about the truth about McCain and Republican policies, that McCain will lose, however, I realize that the Right wing press corps is the most powerful fascist organization in this country, and hence, I don't take a win for granted. </span> Why get worked up over his pick if it benefits you so much? <span style="color: #000066">It was an insult to women's intelligence. That is always something that gets my Italian up, and I hope it always will. </span>

You know she will be roundly put down by the press being a woman, <span style="color: #000066">Oh no, I don't. She will, and has been catapulted to peaks far beyond reality, or her abilities. As I said, the right owns the press, hence, America is in a trick bag.</span> so you dont even have to help, the same press that hated Hillary will do the same to Palin.

<span style="color: #000066">LOL, dearest Deeman, it is statements like that one that make me wonder if were'e living in the same country. </span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2008, 10:42 AM

</div></div>

We all know we need to pressure the oil companies to build more refineries, and drill more oil. </div></div>

Which is it then?

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2008, 10:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When were you in the National Press Club? You don't know **** about it. </div></div>

You don't have to be a member of something to know something about it. You seem to know an awful lot about the GOP.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Another pointless post, with no credibility to my post.

I don't think that Steve has ever even been in the building, in fact, I'd bee will to bet on that, and I'm not a gambler. His statement about who frequents that location, given he's never been there, says it all about Steve.

As for the GOP, their records are very easily accessable for all Americans. You ought to read them sometime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"There does not exist an engine so corruptive of the government and so demoralizing of the nation as a public debt. It will bring on us more ruin at home than all the enemies from abroad against whom this army and navy are to protect us." --Thomas Jefferson, 1821
</div></div>

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Bush and McCain have bashed every statement Obama has made about the war, and foreign policy in general, then turned right around and done everything he originally stated, right down to dialog with Iran.

Phonies! Both of them! It's hard to decide which one is the most ignorant and dangerous, according to the things they say and do. On their arrogance, it's a draw.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 11:00 AM
No amount of drilling now, will secure any measurable savings in oil costs, for the future.

Any increased drilling should be a part of an overall effort away from oil, as I have stated, a bridge to future independence from foreign oil, and away from using oil as our main source of transportation energy, and home heating energy, altogether.

It's easy to knit pick. it's a waste of time, but easy to do. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm rating the Republican convention as a "10",
on the Beaufort scale, lots of hot air and ill winds.

DickLeonard
09-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Gayle thank you for using #### in its proper context. ####
Luv ####

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 11:35 AM
a pregnant daughter and a drunkard husband...now these are attributes that I can connect with unlike say, how many houses does one own. You sure she's not a Democrat, at heart???
Neither of these items has any bearing on her qualifications to be VP.
While putting a little pressure to get her brother in law fired,wasn't exactly kosher:
"What role Palin played in seeking her ex-brother-in-law's dismissal is the governor's first brush with scandal in a political career that has been premised on reforming Alaska's "corruption-plagued Republican party" (isn't that an oxymoron?) ...It doesn't even raise an eyebrow in comparison to firing U.S. Attorneys.
And speaking of Gonzales, he has barely escaped indictment himself for letting classified documents lay around, unsecured.
And even more sad news...it's a tough economy out there right now...and "you can call me Al" Gonzales cain't find a job:
not hiring (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/congress/1991_cr/h910509g.htm)
oops, wrong url
not hiring (http://www.redpills.org/?p=1063)

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 11:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for the experience question, the Rep VP and the Dem Presidential nominee are roughly equil in their foreign policy experience. But when executive leadership is considered, the edge has to go to a Governor over ajunior senator. At least she has shown the ability to make a decision and stick by it.

<span style="color: #000066">Again, she was for the bridge to nowhere, before she was against it. </span>

I think the left knows they have a problem. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif <span style="color: #000066">You are truly funny! </span>

Steve
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sarah Palin: BA degree in journalism - U of Idaho. (Home of the fightin' Vandals. No, Really. You could not make that up.)
Member, Wasilla, Alaska PTA (Take THAT, Putin!)
Wasilla, Alaska City Council- 1992-1996 (4 years)
Wasilla, Alaska Mayor-1996-2002
Ran for Lt. Gov- 2002- lost
Gov of Alaska- 2006-current 20 months (state pop: less than 1/5 that of Chicago, not including moose. Roughly 7 times the attendance for Obama's speech in Denver)

Barack Obama: Occidental College- 2 years
Columbia U- BA degree in Political Science with a specialization in International Relations
Worked at Business Internationl Corporation
Chicago Community Organizer- 3 years
Harvard Law School- Juris Doctor, president of Harvard Law Review (first year), Graduated Magna cum laude (note to U of Idaho grads: this means "really, really good" in a weird, foreign language)
Lawyer- Sidley & Austin Law firm, Chicago
U of Chicago law School- Constitutional law teacher 12 years, Lecturer for four years (1992"1996,Senior Lecturer for eight years (1996"2004).
Wrote 2 best selling books
Civil Rights Attorney- 1993-1996- Associate, of counsel- 1996-2004
Illinois State Senate: 1998-2004- 3 terms
US Senate- 2004- Current, Committees: Foreign Relations, Vet Affairs, Envir and Public works, European Affairs
Over 800 pieces of legislation that he's written, sponsored, co-sponsored and voted on.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">No they are not even roughly "Equil" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif</span>

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 12:12 PM
[quote=wolfdancer]a pregnant daughter and a drunkard husband...now these are attributes that I can connect with unlike say, how many houses does one own. You sure she's not a Democrat, at heart??? <span style="color: #FF0000">Agreed, she has all the tools for it. </span>
Neither of these items has any bearing on her qualifications to be VP. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Agreed!</span>
While putting a little pressure to get her brother in law fired,wasn't exactly kosher:
"What role Palin played in seeking her ex-brother-in-law's dismissal is the governor's first brush with scandal in a political career that has been premised on reforming Alaska's "corruption-plagued Republican party" (isn't that an oxymoron?) ...It doesn't even raise an eyebrow in comparison to firing U.S. Attorneys. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Yes, in comparison to fireing U.S. Atorneys, Firing White House Travel groups and other issues, it seems rather small but, still, if she did do this, it should be an issue. </span>

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Gayle, I didn't know Obama's full background. Thanks for the bio.
But does he have any baseball experience? GWB was once chief exec of the Texas Rangers ball club
And here's a thought about Palin's expertise in being more able to deal with the Russians, due to her vast local knowledge:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/01/sarah-palin-versus-vladim_n_123018.html

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I do think Shawn Hannity is on the nutty right as she is on the nutty left.

If we are to call out Sarah on these items, we will still be able to call out Hillary on her's as well. It is early on, but if you think Mrs. Palin's scandles stack up nearly as high as Hillary's did, you have not paid attention.

Now, laying sobbing your heart out over Hillary's treatment and then laying it off on Rove when, in fact, he and the others treated Hillary much better than her own party did. This is a fact and everyone not infatuated by her bump up against the galls ceiling knows this. It is true, if she had been promoted out of the minors of Democratic Politics, the right would have gone after her much more agressively as they should.

She is history unless Obama fails. Now the subject is Sarah Palin. Maybe she is evil, maybe she is incompetent or just plain too conservative for the country. We shall see. My hope is the truth does come out and if she falls apart and crys, ala Hillary, you may have apoint that she is not, indeed, ready for high office.

As for your premise that noone who has ever stood for women's rights would ever vote for her is not true. All women's rights advoactes are not in perfect line with the far left. They run the range of women's issues and are not simple, robotic people programmed to vote for anyone who's hair is on fire. A great many are thoughful. professional and educated women who, rather than follow the siren call of the ultra left, make their own decisions. I do agree, as I said, that a lot of Hillary voters won't vote for her but that is not 18 million women, a large part of the Hillary voters were men, people who did like Obama and people with poor judgement. JK

Like I said, relax. This is the least serious, only because of the candidates we have ever had but will have the most impact. Sadley, we can't do much about the eventual bad outcome, no matter the winner.

Yesterday, the news on Obama's Moveon.org claimed that her daughter had had her child back in May. This is what it is going to be like? Soaps operas are better. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I notice that this is in reply to your own post. Are you calling yourself out; is this your id arguing with your super-ego???
(Youth wants to know)

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice that this is in reply to your own post. Are you calling yourself out; is this your id arguing with your super-ego???
(Youth wants to know) </div></div>

I was infurated at my own weak reply and felt compelled to give me a piece of my mind! little as it may be...

Hey, cut me some slack, I was in the path of catagory 2 hurricane over the weekend and barely escaped with my right wing membership card intact. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It was beautiful, McCain sent water to a place soon to be drenched in it and Obama sent "Yes, we can!" buttons and t-shirts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do think Shawn Hannity is on the nutty right as she is on the nutty left.
</div></div>

Ms.Thomas is a national treasure. She has stood alone, many times, guarding our country's interests throughout this immoral, illegal, fascist, treasonist and corrupt administration, which crashed into our White House, twice, illegally, and unelected.

Anyone who would compare Helen Thomas to the likes of Sean Hannity couldn't possibly understand the difference between patriotism, professionalism, duty and honor, versus deceit, opportunism, malice and incompetence.

She has served as the First Lady of the White House Press corps for over four decades, and enjoys the respect of every serious reporter and journalist in the national arena, from both political persuasions.

She is the one and only reporter who had the courage to make every effort to hold this criminal administration to task for their on-going attacks on our democracy, our Constitution, and their lies which have led to over four thousand one hundred and fifty seven American deaths.

To bash Helen Thomas is about as unamerican as it gets.

Hillary Clinton is far from finished in the political scene. To assume that, and make such a statement, is certainly a remark of the uninformed observer.

Although the accumulated attacks from the Republican slander machine, and the multi millions wasted digging into every move Hillary made, were effective for rallying those sore loser, right wing, poor excuses for Americans, who continue to vote for the most flagrant big spenders of all times, aka the fascist party, were thrilled over all the smut slinging filthy political attacks, they have had no affect on patriotic Americans who generally see right through Republicans, and grasp their complete lack of integrity.

In spite of your efforts to blow those baseless Republican accusations into something of substance, Hillary Clinton has never been convicted of any crime, nor has she been involved in torture, abuse of power, illegal spying on Americans, obstruction of Justice, lying to the Congress, politicizing the DOJ, giving the perverbial finger to a congressional Subpeona, or lying a country into a war with trumped up, cherry picked intelligence.

Both Hillary Clinton, and Helen Thomas, have the respect of their peers.

The right does not represent the majority of professional women, and you can count on them not supporting McCain, in spite of his decision to prop up a token vagina by his side. Among their most serious issues is equal pay for equal work, which McCain has consistantly voted against. Most Mothers will be highly disgusted by Palin's statement that she would be against her daughter having an abortion, even if she were raped. Thinking women surely will find that statement, repulsive.

Palin represents the nutty religious right wing of the Republican party. Such women may be fertile fuel for jokes at cocktail parties, but educated, professional women of substance, do not find them at all admirable, regardless of how many little God Fearing, brain washed, clones of themselves they pop out semi annually in their never ending quest to find meaning in their unexamined lives.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 01:36 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Good rant....

Do not hate me because I don't happen to think Helen Thomas is a national treasure. I don't hate her, even dislike her. If I ever bash her, I would be ashamed. Comparing far left and far right are not bashing. You need to be tougher than that, Helen certainly it.

I truely hope you don't think we all lead unexamined lives! If you think we are all clones, you have not been paying attention to the right and far right. I don't like, but support a woman's right to a safe and legal abortion.

Hillary may not be finished on the national stage but Obama pretty well knocked her down to remaining a junior senator at least til she's too old to run for President, like McCain.

Again, if you are correct, a very large percentage of women will roundly reject Palin and McCain will lose badly. Is that not why we have elections? Do you want to chase her out now, before she ruins McCain's whole campaign? Is this reasonable discussion of considered bashing? If so, I be nicer.

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 01:47 PM
I thought Bush and Cheney did a great job in reducing the force of the hurricane....working through divine intervention, no doubt.
GWB's last chance at redeeming himself for the Katrina fiasco, (and the formaldehyde trailers)
Hey, it is a little scary down there at times. Way back when...I worked out of Metairie,La., and got to see the results of what a major hurricane had done to the gulf posts.
Also back then I was allowed to roam freely through Ala, as far as Mobile.
While we like to blame the top guys for the snafus....the local gov'ts should have better preparation, and planning fro these events...it ain't like they are once in a lifetime happenings.

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 01:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought Bush and Cheney did a great job in reducing the force of the hurricane....working through divine intervention, no doubt.
GWB's last chance at redeeming himself for the Katrina fiasco, (and the formaldehyde trailers)
Hey, it is a little scary down there at times. Way back when...I worked out of Metairie,La., and got to see the results of what a major hurricane had done to the gulf posts.
Also back then I was allowed to roam freely through Ala, as far as Mobile.
While we like to blame the top guys for the snafus....the local gov'ts should have better preparation, and planning fro these events...it ain't like they are once in a lifetime happenings. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I agree. The locals are the ones that make the difference and did this time but had better back up from lessons learned. No one's fault but we should get better at these things. The area, as you know, has it's own unique challenges with the level of self sufficiency among the people. Generation after generation of people unable to help or think for themselves does not help. The very poor design as a place to live compounds the situation. It's a little like those idiots in Califormia building houses on unstable gorund and then complaining when they slide away. The difference, of course, is those people have the forsight and wherewithall to get out of the way and do not have to be moved mandatorily every time.

It's sad but we will be taking care of these folks for many more generations.

I still have safe passage for you up to Montgomery. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Do not hate me because I don't happen to think Helen Thomas is a national treasure. I don't hate her, even dislike her. If I ever bash her, I would be ashamed. Comparing far left and far right are not bashing. <span style="color: #000066">Comparing Helen to Sean Hannity is not comparing far left to far right. It's comparing an airhead, blustering pundit, like Hannity, to a professional, dedicated reporter and journalist, with over fifty years of dedication under her belt, and a spotless reputation of professionalism. There is a big difference.

</span> You need to be tougher than that, Helen certainly it.
[quote]
I truely hope you don't think we all lead unexamined lives! If you think we are all clones, you have not been paying attention to the right and far right.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Such women may be fertile fuel for jokes at cocktail parties, but educated, professional women of substance, do not find them at all admirable, regardless of how many little God Fearing, brain washed, clones of themselves they pop out semi annually in their never ending quest to find meaning in their unexamined lives.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Are you a woman? </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hillary may not be finished on the national stage but Obama pretty well knocked her down to remaining a junior senator at least til she's too old to run for President, like McCain.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">You call 18 millions votes in a primary, being knocked down? I don't think so. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this reasoned discusson... </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Quite an improvment, I'd say. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2008, 03:08 PM

I don't think that Steve has ever even been in the building, </div></div>

Insinuating that you have? Well whoop-dee freakin' doo. Another major life accomplishment for you. Congratulations.

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
[quote=Gayle in MD] <span style="color: #000066">Are you a woman? </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">NO, you just offended my feminine side. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 03:44 PM
It's not a major accomplishment, FYI. Anyone can purchase a membership there.

Steve doesn't have one, I can assure you. That was the point, after all. He bashes and liberalizes everything for which he has no context. Just as you do. Then the two of you accuse everyone around you, who has a different opinion, of being hate filled.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Must be wonderful being a right wing nut, collecting your salary, while bitching about all the other lazy people, on the take, as you waste your employers money, bashing liberals on the computer all day.

Gee, you hard working conservatives are just amazing, aren't you?
And a whoop-de-freakin' do do straight back at you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
09-02-2008, 07:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> His statement about who frequents that location, given he's never been there, says it all about Steve.

</div></div>

You are making a statement with no factual basis to back it up. You don't know a damn thing about where I go, where I've been, who I associate with, or anything else.

You are so frightened by people who actually think for themselves rather than blindly follow your party line, you will say anything to try and discredit them. If you don't have facts, you just make some up.

Try coming out into the real world sometime.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Ha ha ha...

So, I'm right. You've never been there.

Just as I thought.

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 07:54 AM
LMAO...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gov. Sarah Palin wants a state board to review the circumstances surrounding the dismissal of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan -- taking the unusual step of making an ethics complaint against herself.

Her lawyer sent an "ethics disclosure" Monday night to Attorney General Talis Colberg. The governor asked that it go to the three-person Personnel Board as a complaint. While ethics complaints are usually confidential, Palin wants the matter open.

The lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, also asked the state Legislature to drop its own investigation into the Monegan matter. He says the Personnel Board has jurisdiction over ethics.

</div></div>
She'll fit right in with this bunch of Republican crooks. She's already proving the same tactics as Bush has used, filing her own investigation into her own ethics violation, and trying to get the legislature to drop theirs!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Same ol' same ol'

DickLeonard
09-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Gayle Please stop responding to posters witth less than 3000 posts especially from breast fed Texans who have been the National TEET for decades. 5 Army bases,3 Air Force and they can't keep the Mexicans out.

It is obvious he has no experience with a Washingon Insider loaded with Facts. ####

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Must be wonderful being a right wing nut, collecting your salary, while bitching about all the other lazy people, on the take, as you waste your employers money, bashing liberals on the computer all day.

Gee, you hard working conservatives are just amazing, aren't you?
And a whoop-de-freakin' do do straight back at you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

I'm on lunch break.

Bobbyrx
09-03-2008, 09:23 AM
"Thinking women surely will find that statement, repulsive.

Palin represents the nutty religious right wing of the Republican party. Such women may be fertile fuel for jokes at cocktail parties, but educated, professional women of substance, do not find them at all admirable, regardless of how many little God Fearing, brain washed, clones of themselves they pop out semi annually in their never ending quest to find meaning in their unexamined lives."

<span style="color: #FF0000">Don't even pretend to speak for "thinking women". Your little
rant here clearly shows how you feel about working class women and stay at home moms. "Women of substance" ? Give me a break. Maybe these women are jokes at your elitist little cocktail parties but Hillary and her faux marriage have been a joke for years. Palin's husband wasn't a governor was he. I didn't think so.</span>

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2008, 09:40 AM

Palin represents the nutty religious right wing of the Republican party. Such women may be fertile fuel for jokes at cocktail parties, but educated, professional women of substance, do not find them at all admirable, regardless of how many little God Fearing, brain washed, clones of themselves they pop out semi annually in their never ending quest to find meaning in their unexamined lives.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

</div></div>

I just lost my lunch.

mike60
09-03-2008, 11:34 AM
What a surprise. Another Steppford wife for VP, As if. These brain dead political hacks and their equally dimwitted supporters would saddle the nation with idiot god squad twits and leave us even more lost in an emergency. Remember New Orleans? I think Bush supports McCain-Palin because they might make him look good in retrospect. Now if they choose Thompson for some big job, like Supreme Court, we'd have it all. NOT. Take a good look at Cindy McCain, i don't think she's actually human. Probably fembot.

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 11:45 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Dick,
You are a treasure!

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Bush supports McCain-Palin because they might make him look good in retrospect. </div></div>

You nailed it pal!

pooltchr
09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Bobbyrx,
You need to cut Gayle a little slack. She has been on her elitist soapbox for years, and thinks her little world is the only thing that matters. That, and how important and smart everyone should think she is.
The fact is, the liberal left are scared out of their minds. Here is a woman who is a mother, raising a family, successfully filling the highest job in her state, and about to upset the applecart by doing what the Dems wouldn't allow Hillary to do...break through that glass ceiling that the feminists like Gayle love to whine about. The problem is Sarah doesn't fit the mold of what they think a woman should be. She goes to church, she is happily married, enjoys her children, and stands up for her principles, which just aren't in line with their baby killing agenda.
They attack what they don't know, and they don't know what to think about her. She might very well end up getting what the Dems could have offered to Hillary. Problem is, Sarah wears the wrong jersey!

Steve

sack316
09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a surprise. Another Steppford wife for VP, As if. These brain dead ... </div></div>

errr? "Stepford wife" is usually applied to a woman who seems to conform blindly to an old-fashioned subservient role in relationship to her husband. I didn't realize she fell into that category, and has done all this stuff to appease her husband.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah, right. She's so squeeky clean she's under investigation for abuse of power.

Dream on! Women aren't stupid. They see right through McCain, and his moose eating twit from the wilderness. Miss earmarks! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
09-04-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm so glad that you spelled twit correctly /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

pooltchr
09-04-2008, 04:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> moose eating twit from the wilderness. </div></div>

I guess anyone who isn't from the big city just isn't as good as you, are they?
You are falling back to name calling again....a sure sign you can't find anything intelligent to say.
Steve

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 06:05 AM
You should read your posts in this thread before making such a statement. None of them provide anything intelligent, as you put it, and your posting methods are equally condescending and provide no value to an intelligent discussion of issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His statement about who frequents that location, given he's never been there, says it all about Steve.
</div></div>

pooltchr
09-04-2008, 06:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should read your posts in this thread before making such a statement. None of them provide anything intelligent, as you put it, and your posting methods are equally condescending and provide no value to an intelligent discussion of issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His statement about who frequents that location, given he's never been there, says it all about Steve.
</div></div> </div></div>

As is usual, you know not that of which you speak.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 06:50 PM
You won't answer the question, right? You've never even been in the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Yes, or no.

pooltchr
09-04-2008, 07:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You won't answer the question, right? You've never even been in the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Yes, or no. </div></div>

Not that it's any of your business, or even relevent...but if you will STFU about it, YES!

Now, go back to crying about a real woman who is about to set your feminist friends into a tailspin.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Your full of it.

And

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, go back to crying about a real woman who is about to set your feminist friends into a tailspin.

Steve </div></div>

Dream on!