PDA

View Full Version : Sorry about your luck John...

cheesemouse
08-30-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/24/AR2008082401664_pf.html

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Dobson prayed for rain on Obama's big night.

The lord looked down and saw all the bloody bodies of his children, all the suffering from Republican foreign policies. All the waste of life, and strife of war, the killing and the stealing by war profiteering pigs, and decided to send Gustav, instead.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

DickLeonard
09-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Gayle Gustav showed us how incompent GWB really is. If there wasn't a Convention it would have been a repeat of Katrina. There is no excuse for their handling of Katrina before and after..???? Did he do a fly bye yet. God I am going to miss that Idiot, me and David Letterman.

All the people still living in Fema Trailers had to vacate their homes. How sad is that that we have 12 billion a month for Irag and nothing substantial for Katrina Victums. If we could find the 13 missing billion that would help. I seem to be the only person concerned about the missing loot.

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Watch out, anything that refers to all the lost and wasted money from Republican Policies, could get you a nick name of Terrorist Lover!

Well, McInsane voted against every bill, five to be exact, to aid the victims of Katrina, and spend money on those levees, which are breaching as we type.

Of course, that alone will rally his base. Since they think the Katrina victims were all stupid, lazy, poor people who got what they deserved.

Those Christians, they're such lovely folks! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

So now I hear Palin's 17 year old, unmarried daughter, is pregnant. Very sad.

So much for religious outrage over sex education, and all the Bush efforts to end it.

So much for the home schooling, Christian styled family values.

So much for John McInsane making a spastic VP decision, without fully vetting his candidate. Of course his campaign is trying to say they knew about this all along. He was running scared over the huge Obama Rally, and went off half cocked, out of his overwhelming fear of loosing this bid for presidency.

Gee, went off half cocked...hmmm, isn't that familiar?

Gee, how's Palin going to run this country, when she can't run her own family?

So here she is with a pregnant daughter, questions about the investigation into her abuse of power, and a real time example of no sex ed, and home schooling.

So, what did McInsane know, and when did he know it, some journalists are asking.

Either way, this was s stupid choice. We don't have to wonder anymore about his decision making abilities. He's already failed that test.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 07:33 AM
I was down there on the Gulf Coast until we had to leave on Saturday afternoon. It was wonderful how well the local, state and feds worked on this one. If you had been here before, you would know that it could not have happened this way three years ago. To everyone's credit, they are now able to handle crisis like this.

While important was the development of the ability to coordinate all the services and prepare for the storm, which was, of course, far less severe, the most important lesson was to understand the utter victim attitude of the people there and just do whatever was needed to get them out of the area. Even this, by the nature of the people there and their attitudes is a major accomplishment. Even Ray Nagin, who I roundly put down last time understood and gave the proper message to everyone this time. "Take an axe with you so you can hack your way out of the roof cause ain't no one comming for you!" and "Any looters will go straight to Angola!"

The cooperation of five responsible adults as govenors of the five states helped as well. We all know that any major storm in this area will cost about $10 billion where is would cost a lot less elsewhere. It will become a hugh cost of welfare in the next 20 years. New Orleans, as nice as it is, may not be worth the costs.