PDA

View Full Version : Iraq-China Oil Deal/Thanks Suckers.....

mike60
08-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Get this, A deal between Saddam and China is going through. This war is for what??????????

To Develop Oil Field in Iraq
By GINA CHON
August 29, 2008;*Page*A10
BAGHDAD -- China clinched a deal to develop an oil field in southeastern Iraq, marking the first major foreign oil contract struck with the Iraqi government since the 2003 U.S.-led invasion.
The agreement, which revives a deal struck between Beijing and the Saddam Hussein regime, calls for an investment of about $3 billion. But the development agreement is a limited, technical-services contract, far less lucrative that the accord originally envisioned in a 1997 deal between Baghdad and China National Petroleum Co.

Iraq is home to vast reserves of oil but its industry is starved of investment and technical expertise.
Legislation that would govern bigger foreign deals is bogged down in the Iraqi Parliament. And separate negotiations between Baghdad and a handful of Western companies for other, technical pacts have faltered. That makes the Chinese deal the most significant foreign-investment commitment in Iraq's vast but creaking oil industry in years.
The contract is to develop the al-Ahdab oil field in Wasit province. It extends for 20 years after production begins, envisioned in three years, according to an Iraqi Oil Ministry spokesman in Baghdad. The agreement sees oil production in the field climbing to some 110,000 barrels a day. The oil produced from the field will mainly be used to supply a planned power station.
Big oil companies have scrambled to establish a beachhead in Iraq. But oil and politics in Iraq are deeply intertwined, and foreign participation in the industry is highly contentious.
Negotiations over a handful of other technical-services deals between Western companies and Baghdad recently faltered. Such deals are essentially consulting contracts in which the companies are paid fees for their work instead of sharing in profits.

Ministry officials had said they hoped to sign contracts with Western companies by the end of June. Now, those talks -- with major oil companies such as Royal Dutch Shell PLC, BP PLC and Exxon Mobil Corp. -- are unlikely to go through, the Oil Ministry said. Spokesmen for the companies declined to comment on specific negotiations.
Write to Gina Chon at gina.chon@wsj.com

Miguel, james kopp doing forever as some guy's bitch.

wolfdancer
08-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Wow, I think China just played the right bower...
We fight,.... they wind up with the oil....

Bobbyrx
08-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Did you even read the article? "the development agreement is a limited, technical-services contract" "The oil produced from the field will mainly be used to supply a planned power station"
Anyway, I thought Bush was getting all the oil, so why not let the Chinese provide technical services?

wolfdancer
08-31-2008, 12:38 AM
I wrote what I meant to imply, and what I believe....if you think otherwise, that's fine; that's why they sell both vanilla and chocolate ice cream....
You also implied by your post that I couldn't have read the article, and not have come to the same conclusion that you have.Well maybe I jes ain't got yer smarts, so why bother trying to correct me?
I'm not trying to sell my take on anything here...problem is some folks here can't stand others disagreeing with them....and most of them "smart fellers" seem to be on your side of the fence???

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 01:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iraq is home to vast reserves of oil but its industry is starved of investment and technical expertise.
Legislation that would govern bigger foreign deals is bogged down in the Iraqi Parliament. And separate negotiations between Baghdad and a handful of Western companies for other, technical pacts have faltered. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">This is what our soldiers are dying for, left in Iraq, until big oil can get their contracts. In a War that the neocons said would pay for itself, with oil, and where we have to pay people not to kill our troops! </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big oil companies have scrambled to establish a beachhead in Iraq. But oil and politics in Iraq are deeply intertwined, and foreign participation in the industry is highly contentious.

Ministry officials had said they hoped to sign contracts with Western companies by the end of June. Now, those talks -- with major oil companies such as Royal Dutch Shell PLC, BP PLC and Exxon Mobil Corp. -- are unlikely to go through, the Oil Ministry said.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Translation, the real purpose of "The Surge" has failed miserably!

We need to bring our troops home, now! Loosing more AMerican life and treasure in Iraq, is totally pointless, and will have no measurable affect, ultimately, on the Iraqi warring factions.</span>

LWW
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you even read the article? "the development agreement is a limited, technical-services contract" "The oil produced from the field will mainly be used to supply a planned power station"
Anyway, I thought Bush was getting all the oil, so why not let the Chinese provide technical services? </div></div>
It doesn't make any difference.

First the story from the left was B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! did it just to steal the oil ... NO BLOOD FOI OIL!!!

Now it's B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! isn't stealing the oil ... BLOOD FOR OIL!!!

The only thing you can count on for sure is that no matter what happens the answer is always B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH!

It never ceases to amaze me.

LWW

Bobbyrx
08-31-2008, 07:43 PM
"Translation, the <span style="color: #FF0000">real </span> purpose of "The Surge" has failed miserably!"

So only the "fake purpose" of the surge has worked. I assume the "real purpose" was to steal all the oil? I don't think the article needed a translation. It was pretty simple and there was nothing in it about anyone getting the oil exept the Iraqi's for a power plant.

Gayle in MD
08-31-2008, 11:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the article needed a translation.</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">It does when you're reading it. </span>

mike60
09-01-2008, 10:21 AM
More effective than the surge has been the cash paid out to the Sunni to fight for us. Forget the surge. The enemy waits out the fighting and regroups after the troops leave the area. Does Fallujah ring a bell? The money is what made the difference.
It is not dishonorable to accept cash to change sides in the tribal cultures. We bought them we did not defeat them with force
or kill enough to change their minds. So get over the idea we are the military genius' and pay your taxes so Cheney-Bush can
steal it before they exit with the cash. Suckers.

miguel james kopp doing forever as some guy's bitch

Bobbyrx
09-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Wolfie, I was speaking to Mike, not you. I actually respect your opinions even when I disagree......

Bobbyrx
09-01-2008, 11:01 AM
then translate this: "Negotiations over a handful of other technical-services deals between Western companies and Baghdad recently faltered. Such deals are essentially consulting contracts in which the companies are paid fees for their work instead of sharing in profits."

mike60
09-01-2008, 11:13 AM
The deals are for one year to repair and resume exploring and developing oil leases. The suckers get to repair and refit and drill new wells and then after one year rebid for the rights. Not a good deal for the oil companies. Worse for the Iraqi people. Too many thieves.

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey, try and get your mind around this.

We went there to get their oil.

Instead, because Bush was so stupid, and incompetent, only the terrorists are making out on the Iraqi oil. They've been stealing it almost the whole time we've been there, and selling it on the black market, to finance their slaughter of Americans.

We haven't won a damn thing over there. The only thing we have gotten out of this is more enemies, and three trillion dollars debt to questionable foreign countries, who just might decide to call in all our debt.

Russia, also has grown into a huge problem, because REagan never really ended any cold war. He just went over there and cozied up to Gorbie right when he knew the Russians had run their economy into the hole, fighting in those desert sands. They were weak, and we were strong.

Now, Bush has managed to reverse that scenario. Now the Russians have an economy that is coming on strong, and they're sitting on all that oil, and China needs loads of it, and we owe China trillions of dollars. Got a crayon?

So, how ya like them apples? Sound like good ol' Republican foreign policy to ya?

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
09-01-2008, 08:59 PM
"Got a crayon?"

That's about the most definitive phrase for these 28%, thanks Gayle! Got a good chuckle with that one...sid

wolfdancer
09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
I think that about spells it out for them...

Bobbyrx
09-01-2008, 11:36 PM
LOL. You can twist a non article about technical service contracts and go all the way to Reagan not ending the cold war. So the only reason we went to Iraq was to get oil and then when it's obvious that we didn't because WE DON'T HAVE ANY OF THEIR OIL, it's only because Bush is so stupid. Hard to go wrong there. And then to compare our economy to Russia's......brilliant......so let's all go fill up our tires

Chopstick
09-02-2008, 06:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, try and get your mind around this.

We went there to get their oil.

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

So, the liberals reveal their true agenda. We just thought we were on a humanitarian mission to free and oppressed people. Now that there isn't an extra gas pump at the local station selling Iraqi gas for 10 cents you're all like "Screw them".

Conservatives are happy for anyone who takes steps to advance themselves. It's only the twisted liberal mind that thinks you owe them something for everything you do, right down to the thoughts you think and the air you breathe.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 07:00 AM
WE have hundreds of thousand of refugees in New Orleans that didn't, and haven't gotten the help they've needed for years.

If Bush had been on a humanitarian mission, in Iraq, he wouldn't have had to tell the biggest story ever told. LIES.

The president in Afghanistan is telling Bush, in no uncertain terms, to stop using air power in Afghanistan, and killing innocent Afghani civilians, women and children in his country.

If we had invaders here on our shores who were killing American women and children, innocent people, would you think it was a humanitarina mission.

There is no humanity in destroying other people's national infrastructure, and driving out over a million of their citizens, making them refugees. Killing off hundreds of thousands, and wounding more.

If you think this has been humanitarian, and the correct policy, all I can say is that the only people that are happy about it is bin Laden, Saudi Arabia, China, Iran and Russia. Our increased demand for foeign oil to prosecute this war is a big bonus for all of them. And terrorists are getting a golden product to steal to finance their cause.

America has been damaged by the Republican Neocon Iraq policy. All of our own National Security Estimates say so.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 07:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So the only reason we went to Iraq was to get oil and then when it's obvious that we didn't because WE DON'T HAVE ANY OF THEIR OIL, it's only because Bush is so stupid. <span style="color: #000066">Gee, are you finally beginning to get it? Great! </span> Hard to go wrong there. And then to compare our economy to Russia's......brilliant...... <span style="color: #000066">Is Russia in a deepening recession? Do they owe China trillions? Are they sitting on loads more oil than we have here? </span> so let's all go fill up our tires, Please do so. It's a fact that it will save lots of gas immediately, much more than launching a project to bring more oil into the market in seven years. </div></div>

"The war in Iraq was about oil." Sara Palin.

mike60
09-02-2008, 08:36 AM
The incredible stupidity put forth by the wingbats has totally removed any doubt that they are beyond logic and are dependent upon lies and bullshit. Denial is an ugly replacement for intelligence. So all you liberal haters can go fuck yourselves. The destruction of the honor and treasury of the USA at the hands of Cheney-Bush is coming to an end and the dipshits are running scared. I feel that the voters that did support the WAR PROFITEERS are as guilty if not more guilty than the
politicians. After four years 2000-2004 there was no question that the phony war and the total lack of threat from Iraq was just a scam to steal the treasury.
Anyone with a W '04 sticker on their vehicle is guilty of treasonable stupidity. Idiots.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Both McCain and Palin are just another pair of Oil freindly pawns for big oil.

McCain's campaign has been enriched by oil contributions. Palin has close ties to the industry.

What can you say about Republicans. They voted Stevens, the indicted crook of Alaskan corruption fame, back into office.

The right voted Bush back in, even after it was revealed that he lied our country into an un-necessary war.

As far as I'm concerned, Republican voters seem to admire curruption and lies. McCain has done nothing but lie, throughout his campaign. The qeustion is, what is it about lying corrupt individuals that so attracts Republican voters?

I fear the answer is ignorance and stupidity, and above all, denial.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Chopstick
09-02-2008, 09:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

America has been damaged by the Republican Neocon Iraq policy. All of our own s say so.

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Although the term, National Security Estimate, is bandied about freely, there is no such document. There is however a National Intelligence Estimate, which is a classified document.

How did you come into possession of classified documentation?
You do realize that disclosure of the contents of classified documents is a federal crime.

Do you plan on accusing <span style="color: #3366FF">pooltchr</span> of outing your covert status and destroying your life?

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 09:25 AM
"The war in Iraq was about oil." Sara Palin.
Sara said that? It's obvious then; she wasn't vetted, and doesn't know the party line. There's a chance though that her name wasn't just picked out of a hat.....two other possibilities:
she was the only one willing to run ( no one wants to come in second, in a two man race )
or
she drew the short straw.....
back to the thread....so China will lend their expertise to Iraq, then allow the U.S. to get all the oil?
I knew the Chinese were a soft touch for a loan, but didn't realize they were so beneficent
I hope they are also magnanimous, when they find out we can't keep up the loan payments

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I stand corrected. I've often posted the findings of the National Intelligence Estimate, created by 16 National security and intelligence agencies, so I am familiar with it.

Feel better? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin employed a lobbying firm
to secure almost $27 million in federal funds for a town of 6,700 residents while she was its mayor,
a practice that Sen. John McCain has railed
against in his campaign for president.

How about now? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The National Intelligence Estimate is available on line, just FYI.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope they are also magnanimous, when they find out we can't keep up the loan payments </div></div>

Oh well, we know how fair minded the Chinese are. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Didn't you watch the Olympics! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Chopstick
09-02-2008, 09:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stand corrected. I've often posted the findings of the National Intelligence Estimate, created by 16 National security and intelligence agencies, so I am familiar with it.

Feel better? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin employed a lobbying firm
to secure almost $27 million in federal funds for a town of 6,700 residents while she was its mayor,
a practice that Sen. John McCain has railed
against in his campaign for president.

How about now? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

Wow, she squeezed $27 million out of a Democrat ruled congress. Way to go Sarah!

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Link please.

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 11:57 AM
My apologies....but if ed or wally read the "respect" line they may try to get you banned from the board.
We're all a little guilty here of letting our political differences become personal differences...some guiltier then most

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 01:22 PM
When she was mayor, there was a Republican led Congress. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Actually, her gynecologist vetted her for McCain.

She has all the necessry parts. The Republican Party was ecstatic upon learning the news. The brilliant Republican Voters are thrilled, and rallying behind the choice.

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Wow, I would call that a sexist statement if I didn't know that Democrats can't be charged with that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Not really. McCain had only one pre-requisition for his VP pick. Once he got the report from her gyn, he called Rove back and said.

"Holy Sh**, it's a go, she's a woman!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
09-02-2008, 02:34 PM
" her gynecologist vetted her for McCain...."
Now that you have brought up the subject....my first thought after reading about here mother in law saying she wasn't sure about what Sarah brought to the table...my non-pc comment would have been body parts oriented....
I think Palin and McCain need a catchy mantra, like the 1948 Boston Braves had:
"Spahn and Sain, and Pray for Rain"

Let's see now:
Palin and McCain:
pray, no disdain?
it's insane?
more of the same?
come up lame?
Who's to blame?
it'd be a shame?
As you can see, I skipped school the day they taught rhymes

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Listen closely...

CONTRACTS FOR BIG OIL, translation, Bush's cronies, Republican party's biggest contributors.

Have you ever asked youself why Bush, and McCain never support any legislation unless it keeps the tax breaks, and subsidies for big oil?

Ever wonder why they don't ever support higher cafe' standards for automobiles?

Ever cross you mind that just before every election, oil prices drop?

Even question why this administration censors scientific studies that point to human contribution to global warming?

JEEZE...

Is every day of your life an on-going effort to deny what is right in front of your brilliant brain, or what?

Now, c'mon, be nice, take the crayon! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
"Ever cross you mind that just before every election, oil prices drop?"

I seen that coming as well Gayle. The stats are simply too apparent, for anyone with a crack or more of light in thier blindered eyes...sid

mike60
09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Out There, way out there. Beyond logic in Wingbatland. The Magic place where idiots make sense. These lost children have become convinced they know best
and they can tell when someone is a good president by applying voodoo logic and Obama is no damn good. What the fuck have these dipwits been smoking?
I mean it's a goddamn shame when you've got to put up with this insane bullshit when all we really wanted was to live without some asshole reading our mail and respecting the fucking laws and not wiretap the fucking boy scouts for god's sake i mean really? Bobby, Ed, whoever do any of you believe you have the first clue? It is so far from real i get high just trying to figure what the damage you all suffer from that causes you to be so fucking dumb it's impressive.
In clinical studies there are controls, reliable continuos results and that's what we've got here. Endless denial and obstruction. So simple.

Bobbyrx
09-03-2008, 09:42 AM
You're too busy with the insults to even open your eyes. THE DEMOCRATS ARE TAKING THE SAME MONEY FROM THE SAME PEOPLE. Why is this ok? They bash them on one hand and take money from them on the other.

mike60
09-03-2008, 11:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're too busy with the insults to even open your eyes. THE DEMOCRATS ARE TAKING THE SAME MONEY FROM THE SAME PEOPLE. Why is this ok? They bash them on one hand and take money from them on the other. </div></div>

As if. I'm dumping on the idiot voters that still supported Cheney-Bush after the first four years. You voted for them-you're as guilty as them. Asshats. It's not insults it's an explanation of what you've done to our nation. Morons. The Democratic Party has plenty to answer for but the Republican Party has the prize for duplicity and
outright theft. WAR PROFITEERING SCUMBAGS seems to fit. I'm not defending the Democratic side but i am calling the Republican side immoral and corrupt.
There is nothing to insult without cause and you've earned every bit of it......

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Bravo!!!

I am sick and tired of the way these righties can overlook the worst behavior in our history by using that strawman argument!

They use all the buzz words to avoid the issues. Everything from sunday morning quarterbacking, to Oh well, we haven't been attacked.

Are they really that stupid, when there are reams of information proving that every attack that has been prevented around the world, was caught because of good police work, not spying, not torturing, not bombing people on the other side of the world, just plain old good police work!

I swear, the ignorance of those right wing voters is astounding! There are still people who believe all this Republican created BS about Obama!

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Look, I've tracked down so much of your BS, only to find that it's just another BS Republican slander attempt. I'm tired of checking on all of it.

Don't post any of this bs to me unless you include some proof.

Half of what you write here isn't true.

I give links to prove most of what I write. Why not do the same.

Bobbyrx
09-03-2008, 03:19 PM
already did and here it is again..... DNC Sponsors (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/May/12/list-democratic-national-convention-sponsors/)

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
So where's the Republican donations?

Bobbyrx
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I never said the Republican Convention wasn't sponsored by corporations, excuse me, evil corporations, but they don't bash them on one hand and take their money on the other

convention sponsors (http://www.portfolio.com/news-markets/national-news/portfolio/2008/08/22/Convention-Sponsors-Contributions)

"By law, corporations can't contribute directly to the political process and can't, as organizations, give to the presidential candidates. But they can pony up funds for the conventions, this year estimated to cost $50 million apiece, $16 million coming from taxpayers and the rest from the private sector."

wolfdancer
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
"I never said the Republican Convention wasn't sponsored by corporations, excuse me, ........evil corporations,"

Yer a quick study