PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonder Land Soap Opera...

cheesemouse
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Rueters is reporting that McCains VP picks oldest daughter is pregnant at this moment...this just gets weirder and weirder...poor child.

sack316
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
yeah, apparently she is 5 months along. And I must admit, Obama gained some respect from me today. He said this would be off limits, as it is a personal family issue outside of the political race. He said anyone from his campaign that uses this will be fired. I respect that.

Sack

cheesemouse
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah, apparently she is 5 months along. And I must admit, Obama gained some respect from me today. He said this would be off limits, as it is a personal family issue outside of the political race. He said anyone from his campaign that uses this will be fired. I respect that.

Sack </div></div> I've been impress for some time now but you are correct in the respect thing. He makes sense about many things. I think he is a good man in general.

Gayle in MD
09-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Too bad she couldn't go to her mother and talk about sex. Maybe this could have been avoided, if she had had some sex education, and a Mother who was open to discussion on the subject.

Guess all that home schooling isn't all it's cracked up to be. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I hope the daughter can find happiness in spite of the bad timing.

I think mcCain is going to have a lot of questions to answer about what he knew, and when he knew it. Either way, it's going to work against him.

Qtec
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A statement released by the campaign said that Bristol Palin will keep her baby and marry the child's father. Bristol Palin is five months pregnant, and the baby is due in late December.

"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's <u>decision</u> to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents," Sarah and Todd Palin said in the brief statement. </div></div>

Palin wants to force others to have unwanted babies but HER daughter HAD A CHOICE?

Q

cheesemouse
09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad she couldn't go to her mother and talk about sex. Maybe this could have been avoided, if she had had some sex education, and a Mother who was open to discussion on the subject.

Guess all that home schooling isn't all it's cracked up to be. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I hope the daughter can find happiness in spite of the bad timing.

I think mcCain is going to have a lot of questions to answer about what he knew, and when he knew it. Either way, it's going to work against him. </div></div> I am going follow Obama's offering that family is out of bounds but ever since McW
TF made his VP choice on Friday his judgment is in serious question. Who the hell is running that mad house they call a campaign? If his cavalier decision making style is not a serious negative then Wally is a genius and ED is thoughtful little teddy bear... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

sack316
09-01-2008, 09:02 PM
I thought about this, and decided I just can't resist. Palin just graduated from MILF to Gilf /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
09-02-2008, 04:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think mcCain is going to have a lot of questions to answer about what he knew, and when he knew it. Either way, it's going to work against him. </div></div>

Not really. It's already been confirmed that this was disclosed prior to her nomination. She also disclosed that her husband had a DWI back in the 80s, and that she herself received a citation for fishing without a license. But I'm sure the MSM will try to paint her as a terrible person.

Q...a GOOD parent teaches their children to make decisions for themselves. It's called "raising" them. While I'm sure they are disappointed in their daughters decision that resulted in the pregnancy, they can take pride that she made the right decision to not kill the fetus.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Palin can take responsibility for pushing abstinence only, and fighting against sex education in Alaska, where STD's are way up, and unwanted pregnancies among teens there, and all over this country, are both on an alarming rise in the last three years.

Just one more example of how children are disadvantaged by the so called Christian family values, and unrealistic, irresponsible
Republican policies. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

If this young girl had the right relationship with her mother and father, and felt she could go to her parents, then why is she five months along, and still unmarried? It's clear to me this young girl didn't have a mother or father that she could go to, and talk with openly, and kept the information to herself for quite a while.

Home schooling in and of itself is bad parenting. Depriving teens of sex education puts them at greater risk of teen pregnancy and STD's. Both deny the psychological and educational support that children need in order to make the right decisions in their lives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really. It's already been confirmed that this was disclosed prior to her nomination. </div></div>

Ha ha ha...that's a crock. I'd bet anything even the mother didn't know.
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 06:43 AM
The worst political decision of any I can think of.

This woman is in no way prepared to run this country. McCain displayed his spastic nature, and his out of control ambition.

Palin will turn off more women that she will bring along.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
09-02-2008, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I believe that no matter what mistakes we make as a society," she wrote, "we cannot condone ending an innocent's life."

But it's not just abortion policy that has Democrats up in arms over Palin. In that same 2006 questionnaire, the soon-to-be governor said she would fund abstinence-only education programs in schools. "The explicit sex-ed programs," she added, "will not find my support." The stance, which reflected the priorities of the GOP, nevertheless led to an incredulous editorial in the Juneau Empire.

"Abstinence may be a laudable goal, but failing to educate teenagers about how to protect themselves from disease or unintended pregnancy is tragically misguided. According to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, abstinence-only programs do not reduce sexual activity, teen pregnancy or sexually transmitted disease. Every day 10,000 U.S. teens contract a sexually transmitted disease, 2,400 get pregnant and 55 contract HIV. Unintended pregnancies happen to Republicans, Democrats and people of all faiths."

While Palin's positions have drawn the ire and concern of the pro-choice and progressive community, they are largely -- save abortions in the case of rape -- in line with John McCain's own stances. The Senator is against federal funding of birth control and sex education. He has called for the overturning of Roe v. Wade and received a zero rating from NARAL. Once, aboard the Straight Talk Express, McCain was asked if he supported the use of contraception or President Bush's abstinence-only education program to stem the spreading of AIDS.

"After a long pause, he said, 'I think I support the president's policy.' Does he believe that contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV? After another long pause, he replied, "You've stumped me." </div></div>

....and her 17 yr old daughter is 5 months gone!

You missed the point. If Palin's daughter had a choice , the only other alternative to having the baby is abortion, ie according to Palin, it was a consideration.
If P and McC have their way there will be no choice and the decision would be made by the Govt.

If you can force 14 yr old kids to have babies then lobotomies for RW pundits should also be an option.

Q

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The worst political decision of any I can think of.

This woman is in no way prepared to run this country. McCain displayed his spastic nature, and his out of control ambition.

Palin will turn off more women that she will bring along.

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Gayle,

I think you protest too much. If you thought this was a really horrible choice, you would be saying, "Good choice!" and smiling inside. I, like you, don't think she is ready, but feel neither is Obama. Of course, what we think does not matter as, between us, only one will cast a vote.

I think this appointment has the left worried more than you let on. I also believe the louder the left yells the more normal women will flock to her side. Your hope has to lie in her giving a terrible speech on Wednesday or in her not knowing the vice premier of Turkey in the debates. Biden may rip her apart and cast her on the bloody shores of broken women. Let's see. </span>

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 01:43 PM
You seem to forget. I've watched your party throw elections before.

Comparing Palin to Obama in experience, is about as sensible as ccomparing Helen Thomas to Sean Hannity.

The decision was humorous originally, but even I didn't calculate for the vast ignorance, partisanship and and completely irresponsible reaction from Republicans.

My concerns lay in my knowledge of the power of corporate fascist pigs, many of whom own our media.

Deeman3
09-02-2008, 01:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You seem to forget. I've watched your party throw elections before. <span style="color: #FF0000">The last one they could have thrown was with Clinton and that's been a few years ago. </span>

Comparing Palin to Obama in experience, is about as sensible as ccomparing Helen Thomas to Sean Hannity. <span style="color: #FF0000"> O.K. but thousands of executive decisions a month vs. 167 "present" votes seems to argue differently. </span>

The decision was humorous originally, but even I didn't calculate for the vast ignorance, partisanship and and completely irresponsible reaction from Republicans. <span style="color: #FF0000">Then as I said earlier, the vast intellegence of the Democratic Party will surely prevail. </span>

My concerns lay in my knowledge of the power of corporate fascist pigs, many of whom own our media. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Of course, you do. We watch form two very different perspectives, your's from an intellectual wisdom born of years of study and my myopic view from just jumping off the boat. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

</div></div>

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can force 14 yr old kids to have babies then lobotomies for RW pundits should also be an option.

Q
</div></div>

Even if you couldn't force 14 year old kids to have babies, the lobotomies for RW pundits should still be standard policy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
09-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Gee, Did you think George was ready?

Obama's experience far outweighs Palins'.

If Obama isn't ready, then why has this administration moved over to his original positions on foreign policy?

Guess where Rice is heading, if she hasn't already arrived.

Bush has have copied Obama's mantra. Apparently he is more ready than Bush after almost eight years in office. The "present" votes were in Chicago, not in the Senate. Such a vote usually indicates that the bill has redeeming features, but some features that the representative feels are not for the best interests of the public.

Palin, is just a hockey mom, in the wilderness, breast feeding her poor ill infant in her office. Too bad she didn't have energy enough to get the hell up and put in a diaphram. At her age, this ill fated pregnancy says worlds about her irresponsibility, and carelessness. Do you think she didn't know the odds of Downs' syndrone at her age!

That child has to pay for her ignorance and laziness.

pooltchr
09-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Deeman,
Here's a good question. Is anyone ever experienced enough to be President? What kind of experience does it take. 30 years in the Senate doesn't give any executive level experience. 30 years as a governor still can't prepare anyone to be President. There is only one position like it anywhere in the world. NOBODY can have the experience to be President except a former president. The VP position is the closest we have, and Americans have shown little interest in nominating them, much less electing them.
How much foreign policy experience did Clinton have? Bush Sr.? RR? Jimmy Carter? I could go on. The experience question is a hollow arguement, since there is no way to get the experience it takes. All of our presidents go through on the job training.
Steve

Deeman3
09-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Steve,

I think you are correct. It is the quality of decisions they make that are important.

Bobbyrx
09-03-2008, 09:35 AM
"Palin, is just a hockey mom, in the wilderness, breast feeding her poor ill infant in her office. Too bad she didn't have energy enough to get the hell up and put in a diaphram. At her age, this ill fated pregnancy says worlds about her irresponsibility, and carelessness. Do you think she didn't know the odds of Downs' syndrone at her age!"

<span style="color: #FF0000">For someone who wants the government out of the bedroom you sure are sticking your nose in. You have no idea the circumstances here and don't have a clue what you are talking about. So now YOU think YOU know the age that we should allow people to have children? Do you think all Down's children should be aborted? That's what it looks like. Do you think Gene Stallings wishes John Mark had been aborted? You don't, well look it up. </span>

Deeman3
09-03-2008, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin, is just a hockey mom, in the wilderness, breast feeding her poor ill infant in her office. Too bad she didn't have energy enough to get the hell up and put in a diaphram. At her age, this ill fated pregnancy says worlds about her irresponsibility, and carelessness. Do you think she didn't know the odds of Downs' syndrone at her age!

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">So, choice is only o.k. if it is the choice you would make? Women are not capable of having a child and breast feeding it without being relagated to stay at home moms? Interesting... </span>

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 11:35 AM
No, you have no idea of the circumstances, and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Go look up the odds of having a downs syndrone baby at her age. Educate youself about the illnesses they must suffer through.

There is no excuse for a woman her age to be having sex without protection, given the odds, and the consequences that these children must suffer through.

That child will suffer a great deal, all because this woman was supremely irresponsible.

Bad enough to be even considering the demands of being Vice President, with five children, one of them with DS.

She's the one trying to dictate to others, not me. She's a great one to be yapping about who can and can't have an abortion, who can and can't have access to sex education, when she's not responsible enough to use birth control at her age, to prevent such a tragedy, which someone else, that poor child, will have to pay for.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I didn't say any of that. I think a woman her age should be aware of the odds of getting pregnant at her age, and the odds of having a downs syndrone child, at her age, and have enough sense to use birth control so that a poor child will not be born to suffer on this earth.

If they told you that you had a gene that would cause any child you had to have a high percentage of being DS, retarded, and sick, possibly blind or deaf, would you have sex without birth control?

At her age, that was the circumstance. Completely irresponsible of her, and someone else must pay the consequences, the baby.

mike60
09-03-2008, 11:57 AM
There is no doubt Palin is a twit from idiotville. She's a blessing for the Democratic side. The Republicans don't expect to win and they are just running shit up the flag pole to see who will still fork over the cash. Morons will fool themselves. Pailn is a SECESSIONIST. LOOK IT UP!!!! She would destroy our Union and
have her own little country where all the fantasy wingbat notions would hold sway. Let's see the last time that came along Abe Lincoln was President. And we know how that worked out. Of course the Sons of the Confederacy would like to have a rematch so they could sell Obama to a field master. I say bring it.
We'll hand 'em their asses again.

miguel james kopp doing forever as some guy's bitch

Bobbyrx
09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
You look it up. That statement was retracted long ago. Try again.

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 12:31 PM
She was at the meetings with her husband. That's a fact.

Bobbyrx
09-03-2008, 12:33 PM
I never said I did know the circumstances. You were the one making all the judgements. How do you know she wasn't using birth control? Again, do you think all Down's children should be aborted? That's what you're saying..

Bobbyrx
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
And?

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
I think abortion is a decision that only a mother can make.

Not using birth control when you know that your age means you are very much more likely to have a downs child, is another thing.

That is purely irresponsible.

And avoiding pregnancy is a very simple matter, particularly after having a housefull of kids, her husband should have had a vasectomy by now, or she should have been using the pill.

I babysat for three downs babies when I was a teenager. They all died, eventually. They all suffered, terribly. Those few that you learn about that are happy little stories that warm your heart, are quite a different story most of the time, and particularly so when the mother and father are older.

Regardless, it was still supreme carelessness, and then she makes a decision like this one, before she could possibly know for sure what is coming ahead in caring for that child.

I find it absolutely repulsive, selfish, and careless.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
09-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Cheesemouse I have lost respect for OBama, here is a Party that stole two elections, delete thousands of Black Voters from the election roles in Florida. Kept thousands waiting in line in Ohio to Vote and he is playing Fair.

Is Karl Rove in Jail? Than no election is safe. If Cheney,Rove and Bush are not in Jail in 2009. I give up.####

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 01:19 PM
This isn't about choice. It is a question of irresponsiblity!
Incidence of Downs:

20 to 24 years of age 1 in 1,490

Age 40 1 in 60

Age 49 1 in 11

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Me too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, you have no idea of the circumstances, and don't have a clue what you're talking about. <span style="color: #FF0000">Unless you were in their bedroom, you don't know either. It is a fact that birth control methods are not 100%. And once she found out she was pregnant, her choice was to have her baby, not kill it. </span>

Go look up the odds of having a downs syndrone baby at her age. Educate youself about the illnesses they must suffer through. <span style="color: #FF0000"> So are you saying we should just eliminate any child who might be born a little bit different from you? Who the Hell are you to decide which children should be born and which ones shouldn't?</span>

There is no excuse for a woman her age to be having sex without protection, given the odds, and the consequences that these children must suffer through. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Once again, you speak without having the facts. Do you know for a fact that they did or did not practice birth control? And is it really any of your business???????</span>

That child will suffer a great deal, all because this woman was supremely irresponsible. <span style="color: #FF0000">You do not know how much or how little the child will suffer, and your placing the blame on Sarah just shows your ignorance. </span>

Bad enough to be even considering the demands of being Vice President, with five children, one of them with DS. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Right! A woman's place is in the home, taking care of kids. Your feminist friends probably wouldn't want to hear you talking like that. By the way...your party was ready to nominate a man with children at home and a wife who had been diagnosed with cancer. How could he ever been able to hold the office of President with all those family obligations to distract him????????????</span>

She's the one trying to dictate to others, not me. <span style="color: #FF0000">That is exactly what you are doing. You are telling her she shouldn't have had her child, and that she shouldn't accept a job, simply because she is a mother!!!! </span> She's a great one to be yapping about who can and can't have an abortion, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Yes she is...and she lives her personal life by the same principles she supports.</span> who can and can't have access to sex education, when she's not responsible enough to use birth control at her age, <span style="color: #FF0000">Did you discover some fact that none of the rest of us are aware of??? </span> to prevent such a tragedy, <span style="color: #FF0000">Perhaps she doesn't view the birth of a special child as a tragedy. Maybe she thinks of it as the miracle of life! </span> which someone else, that poor child, will have to pay for.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">It's killing you, isn't it? You screamed how Hillary was the subject of sexist attacks during her campaign, and here you go, ripping her for being a working mother. You should be defending her with all your energy. She is everything you have claimed you want for women.
Steve </span>

sack316
09-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Chris Burke, Jane Cameron, Sujeet Desai, Michael Johnson, Raymond Hu, and Bernadette Resha... all terrible mistakes that never should have been.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 08:10 PM
The odds of getting pregnant on birth control pills are extremely slim. Fairly zilch after vasectomy. The odds of having a downs baby at her age are better than one in sixty. The odds of having a downs baby that doesn't go through many illnesses, and all sorts of problems with their health, are also very slim.

It was irresponsible of her, at the least, and the baby must now live with the medical challenges in his future. Maybe you think that's all good and dandy, I don't.

She had her choice. She made it. That's her right as a women. The choice to throw caution to the wind and get pregnant at her age, was stupid, given the odds. I don't find that responsible, or even sensible. I think the results of her views are quite evident. No sex ed, and a pregnant 17 year old daughter. Pregnancy at a later then reasonable age when the odds are heavily against a normal, healthy baby, and we know the end of that story.

Also, I have never believed in women working when they have small children to raise. I think it is very irresponsible to bring children into the world and pay someone else to raise them, or to be gone or distracted half of the time. Believing in equal pay for equal work, and that a woman has a right to make her own choices about abortion, and have access to birth control, and sex education when she is growing up, does not mean that I find it admirable to see any woman exhibit irresponsibility.

As for her being a candidate for the Vice presidency, it is obviously a desperate attempt on McCain's part to win an election, and put fire into one of the most recklessly operated campaigns in history. He has displayed extreme negligence throughout, and this last decision takes the cake. If she had been a man she wouldn't even be on the short list. His tactics are quite transparent.

Her decision making doesn't impress me at all. His is even worse. He's toast anyway.