PDA

View Full Version : Con artist

PQQLK9
08-12-2002, 08:52 AM
Con artist

Meaning: A person skilled at cheating or swindling others.
Example: Many people view car salesmen, lawyers, pool players and some preachers as con artist and as one and the same.
Origin: "Con" is short for confidence. A con artist gains the trust and confidence of the victim. After gaining the trust, the con artist cheats or beats the victim, betraying the trust. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bluewolf
08-12-2002, 08:55 AM
con artist: a person who can sell snowcones in hell. <G>

bluewolf

08-12-2002, 08:56 AM
...is that anything like a gypsy?

08-13-2002, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Example: Many people view car salesmen, lawyers, pool players and some preachers as con artist and as one and the same.

<hr></blockquote>

There is absolutely no doubt that people in the auto-sales industry are con artists. I have spent the last week bartering over automobile prices, with numerous dealerships, and the one thing they have in common is that NOTHING that comes out of their mouths is true.

Cueless Joey
08-13-2002, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;In reply to:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;&lt;p&gt;
<hr></blockquote>

There is absolutely no doubt that people in the auto-sales industry are con artists. I have spent the last week bartering over automobile prices, with numerous dealerships, and the one thing they have in common is that NOTHING that comes out of their mouths is true. <hr></blockquote>
Wait until you get in that room with the F and I person.
THEY are the biggest con artists. Do yourself a favor, secure a loan by yourself from a bank and arrange your insurance. When the F and I hands you papers, have a marker ready and X them all out.
Tell the scammer, no undercoat/overcoat, bumper to bumper guarantee that doesn't cover the bumper (how stupid is that?), no window decal, no OVERPRICED alarm and stereo, blah blah.... :-)

Chris Cass
08-13-2002, 03:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: gypsy:</font><hr> ...is that anything like a gypsy? <hr></blockquote>

Nah,

You couldn't sell a glass of water in Fla. HAHAHAHAHA

Regards,

C.C.~~trouble maker.....