PDA

View Full Version : RNC

wolfdancer
09-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I thought Fred Thompson gave a good speech, a gifted orator with only the minor flaw of occasionally having to clear his throat, that was slightly distracting.
He did cut the Democratic party up, unmercifully, but many of the things he was charging them with, sounded like the same charges the Dems cite the Republicans with.

And then the traitorous Joe Lieberman...a former Democrat speaking at the RNC.....what happened to the blue shield ???
There was guarded applause though when again, some of his claims of what McCain fought for in the Senate, sounded like he was fighting his own party.
He was laudatory in his support of John McCain...so much so, I was thinking that if John were a Catholic, we could consider instant Sainthood for him....but then remembered that besides being so virtuous, it takes two miracles credited to the person.
Well Sainthood may be on hold then for awhile....but his first miracle would be to get elected, and his second to straighten out the Bush mess.....
I think those are above his pay grade though. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
09-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Lieberman told so many lies! He's only hooked up with the Repubs for one reason...but I'll have to talk to ya later about that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

pooltchr
09-03-2008, 07:21 PM
If Thompson has given speeches like that when he was a candidate, we might be nominating him this week!

Lieberman.....Another one comes over from the dark side! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve