PDA

View Full Version : O'reilly to question Obama

Deeman3
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Obama will face O'reilly tonight in the last possible chance of answering any real questions outside the three debates.

What would you have Bill ask?

A) How can you lead the charge on healthcare if you are still a closet smoker and is your wife disappointed you broke your word to her?

B) As Sarah Palin's readiness for assuming the role of POTUS is in questions, who among your own party have said you are not qualified aside from Ms. Clinton, Bill Clinton and Joe Biden?

C) What is an example of your goiong against your party's political pressure to foster "change we can beleive in" in an important piece of legislation?

D) How will you give 95% of Americans a tax break without bankrupting the economy?

E) Beyond the 5 million jobs you promise with new energy technology, what will generate job growth in the U.S? How many private sector jobs have you and Joe Biden generated in your careers?

F) Please detail any signifigant legislation you have authored in the Senate.

G) How many Holliwood stars can you text message from your i-phone? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Any others?

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 10:58 AM
No, and not one on those are really pertinent, however, when McCain comes on O' Reilly, (NOT) he will only have to answer one question:

What in the hell are you going to do about this colossal mess that you, your party, and George Bush have put this country into with all the debt you have run up, money you have wasted, billions you have squandered and lost, enemies you have made, allies you have lost and terrorists, and the AXIS OF EVIL which you have strengenthed and emboldened? !!!

Chopstick
09-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Stick to the thread Ms. Informed.

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Atleast my post isn't all lies, like Deeman's. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

sack316
09-04-2008, 11:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, and none on those are really pertinent, </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
D) How will you give 95% of Americans a tax break without bankrupting the economy?
</div></div>

I think that one, at least in some form, would be pretty important. I am curious how he is going to do all these wonderful things he plans on doing, while at the same time taking in less tax money. I mean, could he really do those things, or is he just selling lower income tax to 95% of americans that we will pay out in other forms of higher taxes anyway? But I won't go into all the questions, we all know the sequence of how those types of queries work. In the end he'll need to show how he can provide all this health care, provide more public assistance for those in need, grow government, provide all these things he says he will, AND cut taxes to the average american... as he says he will. Don't get me wrong, it all actually sounds good... it's just coming from some sort of math that I must be unfamiliar with because I don't see how that all adds up.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Tax cuts for the middle class grow the economy. Higher minimum wage, grows the economy. Cutting the costs of defense spending, brings loads more money back home. We spend the bulk of our money on Defense. That's why when Bush One had to raise taxes to plow his way out of Reagan's recession, the first thing he did was cut defense spending.

Cutting all the pork out is a good thing, but the cuts don't go to the part of our economy where people spend it for everyday needs. The rich just hide it, in tax defered investments. Thirty years go by, and a dollr for the government thirty years from now, is not worth a dollar of today.

They take in plenty of money, but until the rich are forced to pay what they really owe, nothing for the common good will happen.

It is a myth that tax cuts for the rich grow jobs. Total BS! Job loses are the worst thing for the economy. The small businesses are dying, and they are the base of economic prosperity.

Republican tax cuts always lead to recessions.

sack316
09-04-2008, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cutting the costs of defense spending, brings loads more money back home.

</div></div>

Somehow I don't feel that's a point we'll hear from Obama in this election in this time of the world

Sack

Deeman3
09-04-2008, 12:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tax cuts for the middle class grow the economy. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Agreed. NOw when has Obama helped cut middle class taxes?</span> Higher minimum wage, grows the economy. <span style="color: #FF0000">It does push wages up, wheather it makes real growth is at issue. </span> Cutting the costs of defense spending, brings loads more money back home. We spend the bulk of our money on Defense. <span style="color: #FF0000"> If you'll review that copy of the federal budget, you'll see the "bulk" of our spending is on social programs/entitlements. </span> That's why when Bush One had to raise taxes to plow his way out of Reagan's recession, the first thing he did was cut defense spending. <span style="color: #FF0000"> I'm very glad you support Bush's move, it was, of course appropriate before 9/11. You know, cutitng spending when not needed. </span>

Cutting all the pork out is a good thing, but the cuts don't go to the part of our economy where people spend it for everyday needs. <span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, but we seem, often to disagree on spending on the truely needy and waste. </span> The rich just hide it, in tax defered investments. Thiery years go by, and a dollr for the government thirty years from now, is not worth a dollar of today. <span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, with any sort of inflation, this does happen. I don't see it's relavence. </span>

They take in plenty of money, but until the rich are forced to pay what they really owe, nothing for the common good will happen.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Common Good. Sounds nice but who really left it to the far left to determine how much I "Owe"? </span>
It is a myth that tax cuts for the rich grow jobs. Total BS! Job loses are the worst thing for the economy. The small business are dying, and they are the base of economic prosperity.

<span style="color: #FF0000">How many jobs does the increases in our taxes generate, how many dos governemtn beyond what we have to pay for, you know more taxes. </span>

Republican tax cuts always lead to recessions. [color:#FF0000] A lot things cause recessions, tazes are a part of it. So, in your thinking, will proposed Democratic tax cuts not cause a recession?

</div></div>

sack316
09-04-2008, 12:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Gayle in MD] Thiery years go by, and a dollr for the government thirty years from now, is not worth a dollar of today. <span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, with any sort of inflation, this does happen. I don't see it's relavence. </span>

</div></div>

no more tax deferred IRA's... that'll help people. Because on a smaller scale, would that not be the same thing? I'm with deeman, I don't really see the relevance

Sack

Bobbyrx
09-04-2008, 02:23 PM
"At least my post isn't all lies, like Deeman's."

I don't know how questions can be lies. Which one are you refering to?

Deeman3
09-04-2008, 02:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"At least my post isn't all lies, like Deeman's."

I don't know how questions can be lies. Which one are you refering to? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You have to look at the questions in a sort of non-partisan way, like Gayle does to see the lies. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

wolfdancer
09-04-2008, 03:15 PM
G) How many Holliwood stars can you text message from your i-phone? \:\)

Now that weren't fair...dirty tricks an all

Deeman3
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I wuz only kiddin'

Them thar stars lik tha man!

sack316
09-04-2008, 09:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">:)

I wuz only kiddin'

Them thar stars lik tha man! </div></div>

except for Daddy Yankee I guess. Now I wonder why that one hasn't been pointed out and exploited as complete pandering... because I'd have no argument whatsoever with that one. Not only the superficial attempt to gain attention from latin american voters, but add to that the fact that his big song was titled "Gasolina" and I figured the left would have a field day with that one. Perhaps it was just too obvious, not challenging enough. Like when playing 9-ball with a friend and you have a gimmie shot on the 9, but decide to play bank out instead to make it more challenging.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 10:57 PM
OK, not lies, call it false insinuations.

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 11:30 PM
If you'll review our history, the government is to be of the people, for the people, by the people. It is to serve THE PEOPLE.

Our infrastruction, our emergencies, our educational system, Our defense, our health, and our lives, happiness and liberties.

It's not supposed to be a tool for corporate wealth. It's not supposed to look the other way while the rich steal, and it's not supposed to look the other way when it's citizens are going down the tubes.

It's not supposed to take away the money of the workers, and hand it over to corporate fascist pigs, aka, multi-million, and multi billion wealthy dynasties.

The trickle down theory does not work. Never has, and never will.

Reagan cut taxes, then he had to raise them, six times, each time on the top payers. It took three administrations to straighten this country out after Reganomics, aka voodoo economics. We then had growth.

If you think we can run a country like this without paying taxes, your nuts.

John McCain will put this country into the pit. Every single thing he says is either a lie, rhetoric, or unworkable.

There is only one way out of this, and that is to raise taxes, and if you think otherwise, you're dreaming.

McCain's tax cut goes 25% to people who make over a million dollars a year.

Republicans cannot run this government. Never could.

McCain is completely nuts. He gets up there and says straight out, in so many words, that WE Republicans ripped you all off instead of taking care of the country, we gouged the hell out of this country, and we're corrupt as hell.

Then he turns right around and says, I've changed now, TRUST ME!

He's totally nuts. So is anyone who believes him. He's voted against every single thing that could have helped people, even our vets. He's voted against every single thing that could have helped to get us off oil, for decades.

He's still promising huge subsidies and tax cuts for oil, at a tie when that money needs to go into renewables, clean natural gas, wind and solar. McCain has voted against every single tax cut for wind and solar for decades!

The Republicans are in bed with big oil. That's a fact. They are never going to address our situation with dependence on foreign oil.

We need a president who will commit to a new revolution. Represent the American worker. Restore our manufacturing indsutry. And stop blowing money on wars in the Middle East. It's our only hope.

G.