PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual CCB US Open dinner

Eric.
09-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey, it's getting closer...

I'm taking names so we can make reservations for dinner.

As of the moment, we are leaning towards eating at the "Smokey Bones" (a BBQ place). It's close to the convention ctr and, I'm told, that the food is good. If anyone has another preference, plaese post it to this thread.

Either way, the dinner is on Thurs, Oct 23. We meet at the Marriott (formerly a Holiday Inn) hotel lobby at 5pm (the hotel immediately to the right of the Convention ctr) and we can car pool for those that need rides.

Please post to this thread if youre in for dinner.

Eric

dg-in-centralpa
09-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Eric,
Put Mrs DG and myself in for dinner. We've eaten at Smoky Bones before and they have good ribs.

DG

Brian in VA
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm in.

Brian in VA

Rich R.
09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Eric, as you could have guessed, you can count Mrs. Rich R. and myself in for the dinner. We look forward to it each year. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

sack316
09-05-2008, 03:24 AM
I'll vouch for the restaurant, unless they have changed over the last couple of years. I used to work for a distribution center that sent them their trucks. Always good stuff on it. We had one in Montgomery that has since closed down, but it was very good. They just put it in a crappy location.

Sack--- hopes to make it... always a "maybe"

Rich R.
09-05-2008, 06:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll vouch for the restaurant, unless they have changed over the last couple of years. I used to work for a distribution center that sent them their trucks. Always good stuff on it. We had one in Montgomery that has since closed down, but it was very good. They just put it in a crappy location.

Sack--- hopes to make it... always a "maybe" </div></div>
It's definitely good food. A few of us have made it a yearly stop, when at the Open. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

It is a nice atmosphere, the food is good and, for those interested, the beer is cold. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Tony_in_MD
09-08-2008, 04:17 AM
Put my wife Sheila and I in for dinner.

JMD in VA
09-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Count me in!

The Mayor

Brian in VA
09-09-2008, 05:56 AM
I'm in.

Brian in VA

Soflasnapper
09-09-2008, 04:09 PM
I'll confirm for two, myself (the poster formerly known as Phil in Sofla) and RJ (tpfkak).

Rich R.
09-09-2008, 09:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll confirm for two, myself (the poster formerly known as Phil in Sofla) and RJ (tpfkak). </div></div>

Soflasnapper, are you the alternate player formerly known as Susan?

Rich R.
09-10-2008, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll confirm for two, myself (the poster formerly known as Phil in Sofla) and RJ (tpfkak). </div></div>

Soflasnapper, are you the alternate player formerly known as Susan? </div></div>

Duh, I reread the post and now I get it Phil. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Soflasnapper
09-10-2008, 09:43 AM
In the immortal words of Wade Garrett, "exactly right" (or something like that, I don't remember).

Sue Roberts may be unable to attend the open this year, but that decision is still a week or two away.

Rich R.
09-10-2008, 07:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the immortal words of Wade Garrett, "exactly right" (or something like that, I don't remember).

Sue Roberts may be unable to attend the open this year, but that decision is still a week or two away. </div></div>

Phil, just let me know if Sue won't be able to make it this year, so I can take her name off of the player list.

Scott Lee
09-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Randyg and I will be there, for dinner, as well!

Scott Lee

Eric.
09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Eric & Susie
Rich R and Cathy
DG and Mrs. DG
JMD in VA
Brian in VA
Phil in Sofla
ARJ
Sack316(maybe)
Tony in MD and Sheila
Scott Lee
Randy Goettlicher

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Eric,
Looks like a good fun group.

Duane

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I sure do miss you guys. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Eric.
09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Damn, Wendy, where ya been?

Eric &gt;good to see ya around here

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Mostly on AZB and occasionally lurking here. Haven't set foot in a pool room in I don't know how long, maybe 2 years. I don't miss the game but I miss you guys.

Brian in VA
09-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey Eric,
Put mine and Josh's bud Amy on the list for dinner. She told me today, she plans to attend.

Brian in VA

Eric.
09-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Eric & Susie
Rich R and Cathy
DG and Mrs. DG
JMD in VA
Brian in VA
Phil in Sofla
ARJ
Sack316(maybe)
Tony in MD and Sheila
Scott Lee
Randy Goettlicher
Amy
Susan

Brian in VA
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
We miss you too Wendy! Josh mopes around all week when you don't come! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

There's always a spot for you darlin!

Brian in VA

ARJ
10-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Phil and I are in. I'm not sure if Phil posted or not but I'll varify anyway.

ARJ
10-06-2009, 11:45 AM
that's awesome, my drinking buddy is gonna be there /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ARJ
10-06-2009, 11:47 AM
You gotta come down and hang with us Wendy. I don't play pool anymore either but I just don't like the thought of not being able to see a great group of friends this time of year.

Cornerman
10-06-2009, 07:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Either way, the dinner is on Thurs, Oct 23. </div></div>Assuming you mean Thurs Oct. 22nd, I can't make it. We've got the Hall of Fame dinner on Thursday Oct. 22nd.

http://www.usbma.com/HallofFame2009/

I'm surprised Randy and Scott wouldn't be going to the HoF Dinner as well.

Fred

Cornerman
10-07-2009, 06:50 AM
How do I delete my post? I see now that last year's CCBoard dinner got posted up and it follows along with this year's CCBoard dinner.

Whoops.

Fred