PDA

View Full Version : Flip-Flopping Fox News & Republican Bias

S0Noma
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
YouTube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC0mODUH5l0)

Gayle in MD
09-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey, how are you? Good to see you checking in again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

S0Noma
09-05-2008, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, how are you? Good to see you checking in again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

Doing just fine Gayle. Had to bring this little video clip over here because it exemplifies Faux News and shows the Repub drum beaters for the hypocrites that they are.

Hope you're having fun.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zpvkluF-N7s/SMD-UYov25I/AAAAAAAAASM/YiYYj4nhQMc/s400/eyes-palin.jpg

Gayle in MD
09-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, my same reaction. I will never be able to understand any human being taking pleasure in killing any animal. To folks like me, it's as bad as murder.

Ya think Republicans never heard about St. Francis in church?

S0Noma
09-05-2008, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, my same reaction. I will never be able to understand any human being taking pleasure in killing any animal. To folks like me, it's as bad as murder.

Ya think Republicans never heard about St. Francis in church? </div></div>

Actually, I was referring to the video clip. Did you watch it? It contains several rather blatant examples of Repub talking heads openly contradicting themselves. Of course that's hardly new news.

Gayle in MD
09-05-2008, 12:26 PM
That picture though really got me, I guess because I've been so disgusted with all the praise for her because she likes to hunt Mooses, Elk, and the other animals up there. It surely won't endear her to people like me.

wolfdancer
09-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Hey, glad you could drop in and join the party. You've been missed here, but Mike60 has done a good job of taking up the slack.
anybody that gets himself banned from ASB,( which in itself is a badge of honor)...I put them on top of my read list.

Sid_Vicious
09-05-2008, 02:32 PM
I am gessing Gayle is stil on dial-up and that clip probably lost a lot of fizz waiting for the buffering to catch up. I could be wrong...sid

Bobbyrx
09-05-2008, 10:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, my same reaction. I will never be able to understand any human being taking pleasure in killing any animal. </div></div>

To this I have to risk displeasure from my fellow righties and agree completely with you. It is something that I will never understand either. And staying away from politics a moment, is your boat in any danger from T.S Hanna? It looks like its headed your way....

sack316
09-06-2008, 09:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, my same reaction. I will never be able to understand any human being taking pleasure in killing any animal. To folks like me, it's as bad as murder.
</div></div>

Come hang out with me and Deeman here in Bama and see the high deer population even during hunting season, and you'll at least have an idea. Talk to a forestry worker round here and see what they say. Probably wouldn't change your mind, but you may understand why all hunting isn't bad.

I'm not a hunter... lived here all my life and have never hunted once. Just not my thing. But at least for us, it's actually a needed thing (necessary evil, of that helps you). We can "control population" as we do on deer here, and still see them thrive. Or we could not and watch them all die out as they over-graze their species to dangerous territory.

But also, to be fair, I will point out we have irrespnsible means of the same thing. Quayle, for example, isn't doing too well here. With the changing in farming methods, the quayle habitat keeps on getting smaller and smaller thus are more denseley populated in certain areas. (quick explanation: family farms made use of mch of the land, but are generally not able to use all of it via conventional means. There still may be miles of thick between a road to where the farming begins, giving them habitat even in a small humanly populated area. But cooperate farming and large scale means go all the way to the roads, using as much planting area as possible for crop, and very little area of natural growth. This is also bad for the soil, but that's another topic. End brief explanation) This allows easy killing off in greater numbers as compared to deer. So without any change in policy or a way to spread out their habitat to a more natural state, the quayle will have a hard time here.

Hunting isn't a bad thing, and as I said in many cases it is even necessary. But as with anything else, it needs to be done in a responsible, respectful, and thoughtful manner.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-06-2008, 06:12 PM
out of control over development is just another way of stressing our animal life.

Just another example of how the bottom line isn't always what is best for America in the long run.

Much like in the case of over population, our environment should come first.

We are nearing a tipping pont in all those matters, including global warming, and given every third mouthful of food comes from the work of the honey bees, and their vanishing, I'm just hoping we get some of those anti birth control, pro guns, anti choice people to understand that they are not really Pro Life.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
09-06-2008, 09:58 PM
maybe we need a hunting season on humans /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But only on the dumbest ones. Like set some kind of rediculous trap that nobody should ever fall for... and those that do shall be fair game. Something like those people with warrants that showed up in the hands of the police thinking they won a free car or boat or whatever it was. Along those lines /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

hondo
09-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Sack, I was just about to tell Gayle the same thing
about the deer in West Virginia.
I used to run the gauntlett to work avoiding those damn deer.

Had me ready to drive into the woods trying to run over Bambi's mommy.

Gayle in MD
09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
So far, I don't think we'll have a problem. Going to head up there today. Thanks for asking though. Our marina is great about watching out for the boats, and most of these norester type tracks fissle out by the time they get to Maryland. WE only had one hour of heavy rain here at home, and I am almost right on the Chesapeake Bay. D.C. and Virginia got it worse than we did!