PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: SCHON LTD 652 CUE

08-12-2002, 10:01 AM
Description:
Birds eye maple forearm with 8 ivory points. Each ivory point is outlined in pink ivory wood veneer, then outlined
again with ebony venner. The butt is solid ebony with 6 ivory and pink ivory wood spear-like design. There are silver rings at the A,B & C locations. Each ring has alternating pink ivory and ebony inlaid boxes. Theres also a single silver ring at the joint collars. The wrap in Black with white speck irish linen. The joint is polished stainless steel. The weight is around 19.75oz. It comes with 2 shafts and a set out custom made pink ivory joint caps. 1 shaft is brand new while the other is used. I bought this cue back in April and I used it for a month and have not been used since. Its well taken cared off with no dings, dents, scratches etc. The cue is beautiful and it retails for $1125 brand new. I bought it for $900 and my asking price is $800. If you are interested, please email me at dooziexx@yahoo.com. If you would like to see pictures of it, email me and I'll send it to you. Thank You.

bluewolf
08-12-2002, 10:14 AM
i thought it was against the rules to try to sell stuff on here. correct me if i am wrong.

bluewolf

Chris Cass
08-12-2002, 11:14 AM
Kinda sorta, I think mainly for businesses, selling goods is aggravating. I've seen it before with the members here. It's touchy, but I'm thinking why, more that what he's selling. I hope everything is alright...

C.C.

NH_Steve
08-12-2002, 07:09 PM
I had that impression as well, but I think I must have picked it up from various posters -- kind of an unwritten rule. The actual CCB Board Rules do not mention anything about selling:
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/viewprivacy.php

Tom_In_Cincy
08-12-2002, 07:17 PM
SPAM is considered UGLY.. but not against any rules.. it just upsets the regular posters because it takes up space. There have been advertisements by all sorts of pool related businesses.. new pool products.. the break rack practice tool comes to mind..

I just try to ignore them.. like some irritating posters.. that keep bringing in the trash..

heater451
08-12-2002, 09:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> ... it just upsets the regular posters because it takes up space. <hr></blockquote>Um, Tom, have you read many of the threads recently? The adverts are pool-related at least (not that I'm not guilty of tangents myself, but you know what I mean). . . :P Besides, if anyone objects, they can just ignore it, and the thread will be pushed down pretty quickly.

Also, it **is** a bullentin board, so I don't see why someone can't advertise their private goods for sale--especially since it doesn't appear to be prohibited by the host(s). Even the occasional business advertisements (Nineballking, Layani Cues, etc.) don't seem so bad, although the BreakRak posts were a bit pushy--and then their was that one kid (I think it was a kid) who posted his charity tournament in every thread--that was definitely too much. . . .

BTW, I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to batter you, personally, with my viewpoint, your post just seem to be a good lead-in.

I just don't really consider it spam either, that's a whole 'nuther class of obnoxious and annoying. If anyone wants to understand spam better, just give me your email, and I can find a mailing/spam list, which will be happy to have you--and you'll never be without unsolicited email again--ever.

~~~Just realized that this post isn't particularly billiards-related. . . .

===================

08-13-2002, 03:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> SPAM is considered UGLY.. but not against any rules.. it just upsets the regular posters because it takes up space. There have been advertisements by all sorts of pool related businesses.. new pool products.. the break rack practice tool comes to mind..

I just try to ignore them.. like some irritating posters.. that keep bringing in the trash.. <hr></blockquote>

- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

this 'rule' comes from the ccb frequently asked questions.BS

bluewolf
08-13-2002, 03:46 AM
the reason i asked. i was considering selling my eight foot table so that i can get a nine foot one. we dediced it wasnt the right time. before we made my decision, whitewolf cautioned against describing my eight foot in such a way that it would seem like i was selling it. so i got the impression that it was against the rules.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-13-2002, 03:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: NH_Steve:</font><hr> I had that impression as well, but I think I must have picked it up from various posters -- kind of an unwritten rule. The actual CCB Board Rules do not mention anything about selling:
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/viewprivacy.php>http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/viewprivacy.php</a>
<hr></blockquote>

personally that one sounds pricy i have sceptre cues which work great and they cost 300 ot less. then i had the pro talisman soft tip put on and i like that too.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-13-2002, 04:02 AM
when it comes right down to it, as long as it is a good cue,'it is not the wand, it is the magician'

for a mediocre player to pull out a real expensive cue, looks kind of cheesy to me

bluewolf

griffith_d
08-13-2002, 06:38 AM
I can see that too many "selling" posts make for a messy board, but they ought to have a place for personal selling,...not for profit, just reselling a nice cue by someone who wants to upgrade and is not pushing products.

Griff

heater451
08-13-2002, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> - Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

this 'rule' comes from the ccb frequently asked questions.BS <hr></blockquote>Y'know, I checked under 'Board Rules', the last time a thread like this came up--I never looked at the FAQ.

However, I personally still feel that there's a difference, between someone simply selling one or two things, as opposed to "moving product", which is what I interpret "advertisements or commercial solicitations"--even considering "any kind". Of course, it's not my personal board. . . .

~~~I also believe in 'loose' Constitutional interpretation.

====================

08-13-2002, 08:35 AM
bump

bluewolf
08-14-2002, 07:24 AM
out of my price range.right now am in the 25o-300 range.

btw, most cues i have seen have fat buts. i prefer one that is more slender. if anyone knows of some like this, post me pvt. not trying to buy, just want to know what is out there. also like the shaft slightly heavier than the butt.

bluewolf

PQQLK9
08-14-2002, 08:42 AM
Try a Huebler...love that skinny butt....I have relatively small hands...(can't palm a basketball)