PDA

View Full Version : 'An Alaskan's Opinion of Sarah Palin'

S0Noma
09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/kilkenny.asp

wolfdancer
09-07-2008, 04:46 PM
It sounds to me like McCain made a wise choice...she's small-minded, vindicative,and a bold-faced liar ( and those are her good points)...in short, your typical self-centered, right wing pol.

pooltchr
09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
If that's true, how does she manage to maintain an approval rating between 80 and 90 percent?

Steve

nAz
09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Steve I read somewhere that her ratings drooped down to %67... i guess once the spot light was shined on her people started to figure here out.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 11:26 AM
So did I, Naz. This is just another trumped up Republican effort to take our attention off our most pressing, disasterous, Republican created, vast critical problems, and McInsane's voting record, supporting all of them. It's sort of the same thing as when everyone finally gives up on a hell bent drug addict, and he has to market himself as a born again Christian to get another shot at everybody who finally threw in the towel on him.

It won't work this time.

sack316
09-08-2008, 12:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's sort of the same thing as when everyone finally gives up on a hell bent drug addict, and he has to market himself as a born again Christian to get another shot at everybody who finally threw in the towel on him.

It won't work this time. </div></div>

mind overload... too easy and way too many things to say on this one. So I think I'll just vote present and let it go.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Sack, I could just as easily have used lazy users, financial free loaders, or a number of other examples.

I don't think you could deny that hard core, unreformable drug users, are very adept at exploiting their friends and family , and will say or do just about anything it takes to keep on keeping on, including the born again rationale.

sack316
09-08-2008, 01:07 PM
No my dear, I don't deny that at all. In fact, as a recovering alcoholic you know I can pretty well vouch for that. I just found it an odd comparison--- to specifically refer to drugs--- considering this election and what side you sit on.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't think obama was ever an addict. Bush, however, was definitely an alcoholic, until Rove convinced him that if he went for the born again route, and stopped drinking, he could put him in the WHite House.

Even now when I see pictures of him standing with his father, during his dad's election, I can see that spaced out cocaine look. You can't mistake that look.

wolfdancer
09-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Same way folks keep tuning in to Joel Osteen

wolfdancer
09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
"So I think I'll just vote present and let it go."
any way we could get lww to do the same?

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 01:37 PM
I want John McCain to have a reborn moment. Maybe he could smit the evil democrats. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I know, I'm just baiting but what can I do? I have about as much excitment about McCain as I do about the Chicago Cubs! Nada!

Wolf. find me a third party candidate, please...I'm dying here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I want John McCain to have a reborn moment. Maybe he could smit the evil democrats. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif <span style="color: #000066">You're a little late for that, friend. He just had a four hour long reborn moment last thursday night! </span>

sack316
09-08-2008, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I know, I'm just baiting but what can I do? I have about as much excitment about McCain as I do about the Chicago Cubs! Nada!

) </div></div>

Boo deeman, you totally just lost a ton of cool points with me. We must kung fu fight.

Sack

sack316
09-08-2008, 01:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think obama was ever an addict. Bush, however, was definitely an alcoholic, until Rove convinced him that if he went for the born again route, and stopped drinking, he could put him in the WHite House.

Even now when I see pictures of him standing with his father, during his dad's election, I can see that spaced out cocaine look. You can't mistake that look. </div></div>

You know, when I posted that, I even said to myself I'd bet anyone a hundred bucks that your first response would be to turn the conversation to Bush. I just knew it.

Who knows if Obama was an addict or not? Nobody. But Cocaine isn't typically a drug to be used over a fair amount of time solely as recreational. Just ask the 80's. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Sack,
I've known of people who have never done anything but dabble occasionally, over many years, and never got hooked. I've known others who got hooked immediately. Same thing with cigarettes, and alcohol. We don't know much about addiction other than it comes from a range of both physiological, psychological and emotional markers.

I don't think it is at all likely that Obama was ever hooked. It would be too easy to trace that. I don't know of any who get hooked and then go on to graduate from law school cum Laudi.

I actually haven't read his biography, but atleast he didn't lie about his drug phase. Bush has never owned up to his. And yes, I use Bush because I like to point out how everyone here who accuses me of being biased, is biased themselves. Only they can overlook everything from torture, to wars presented under false testimony.

I'm not biased, and I know that in my heart, because I know that regardless of who had done the things that McCain and Bush, Rumsfeld, Gonzales, Cheney and Rice have done, I would be outraged over it.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I don't think Obama was an addict. I can't be sure but his roommates all said that later, he refused it when offered. We have to give him the benefit of the doubt. None of us is perfect but an addick leaves some pretty heavy tracks, usually.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I think his choice of Palin is a lot like his continued support for Bush's War. Just as it doesn't matter what they ever do about it, the reasons were wrong.

Same thing with Palin. He only made the choice in an effort to keep everyone's attention off all the failed Republican policies that he has voted for 95% of the time.

And the plan has worked beautifully. Just look at what's being discussed. Is it the highest unemployment rate in five years? The bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? The suicide bombing yesterday in Iraq that killed six people and wounded 54 -- in the same market where last month a bomb killed 28 people and wounded 72? That the political reconciliation that was supposedly the point of "the surge" is nowhere near happening? That Iraq's Shiite government is now rounding up the American-backed Sunni leaders of the Awakening? That the reason 8,000 soldiers may be leaving Iraq soon is so more can be deployed to Afghanistan where the Taliban is steadily retaking the country?

Republicans would much prefer that the talk be about the baby momas, and when the shot gun wedding will be scheduled, and that she was for the bridge before she was against it.

They're winning as far as fooling their base with no brainers, but then, you have to cnsider who they're pandering to, right?

Drill baby Drill!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Got to be the dumbest people on the planet!

sack316
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,

I don't think it is at all likely that Obama was ever hooked. It would be too easy to trace that. I don't know of any who get hooked and then go on to graduate from law school cum Laudi.

</div></div>

Fair enough, but I knew I remembered something. So I took a trip in the wayback machine and found this little gem:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, I will not be voting if Obama wins, nor would I ever vote for a former cocaine user, or an inexperienced candidate. I'm not a snob, I just don't think that someone who has ever used that particular drug, should be in the White House.</div></div>

Granted you posted this when Hillary was still somewhat in the running... but have you just become more forgiving and unserstanding since then, or am I to take it that you will be sitting out this election?

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
No, I won't be sitting out because I think both presidential candidates have been cocaine users in their younger days, but you'll surely never hear McCain own up to that.

I will vote for Obama because I think that Republican policies are destroying my country, and I am certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that John McCain is unstable, and as unqualified to run this country as his running mate is unqualified to run as his VP.

The lies that McCain's campaign are repeating, over and over, like about the bridge to no where, when it has been documented over and over that they are lying about that, and lying about Obama's tax plan, and lying about her earmarks, the highest per capita of any, just stark reminders of the kind of people these Republicans are. I don't like the campaign tactics that Republicans use, any more than I like their policies.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
09-08-2008, 10:38 PM
So in other words where you say "nor would I ever vote for a former cocaine user, or an inexperienced candidate", you mean that you would. Gitcha /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

And where does the McCain part come? I've never heard anything from you relating McCain and drugs that I can recall... nor from anyone else.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 10:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So in other words where you say "nor would I ever vote for a former cocaine user, or an inexperienced candidate", you mean that you would. Gitcha
<span style="color: #000066"> <span style="color: #000066">OIC, didn't take you long, did it? Fine, since this is your idea of debating the issues, juvenile as it may be, I can defend my positions on any subject. </span> In the case of two inexperienced candidates, I don't have a whole lot of choice, do I, and particularly when one is a spastic lying SOB like John McCain. </span>
And where does the McCain part come? I've never heard anything from you relating McCain and drugs that I can recall... nor from anyone else.

<span style="color: #000066">That's for me to know, and for you to find out. Maybe if you study about the Candidates, instead of studying me, who isn't running for the presidency, you might learn a few things about John McCain.</span>

Sack </div></div>

sack316
09-08-2008, 11:04 PM
no dear, didn't take me long. Had a long boring class tonight, so plenty of energy to get rid of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Fine, since this is your idea of debating the issues, juvenile as it may be, I can defend my positions on any subject. In the case of two inexperienced candidates, I don't have a whole lot of choice, do I, and particularly when one is a spastic lying SOB like John McCain.</div></div>

I don't see this as debating the issues. Simply pointing out hypocricies and sudden changes in attitude. Such as saying "never", when never doesn't mean "never". See, words have meaning and power. And no, I don't guess any of us have a whole lot of choice... but apparently you saw one other choice before, which was not voting for Obama or McCain. It's not like I'm sitting here making stuff up, that's what you said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's for me to know, and for you to find out. Maybe if you study about the Candidates, instead of studying me, who isn't running for the presidency, you might learn a few things about John McCain.</div></div>

Well it seems only you know, so whom else should I study to learn these things from? Surely you don't want me learning from the vast right wing conspiracy we call media? And only you can go from one sentence calling me juvenile, to using a phrase such as "that's for me to know, and for you to find out" in the next. Nanny nanny boo boo.

Sack

eg8r
09-09-2008, 08:17 AM
She always flip flops. That pesky search tool is a thorn in her revisionist side.

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, I won't be sitting out because I think both presidential candidates have been cocaine users in their younger days, but you'll surely never hear McCain own up to that.</div></div>Everyone that does not suit gayles agenda is a cocain user. Gayle would never vote for anyone that used cocaine because she does not feel they should be in the white house. However, now that everyone is doing it gayle is relaxing her position. LOL, you truly are a sheep.

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 08:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can defend my positions on any subject. In the case of two inexperienced candidates, I don't have a whole lot of choice, do I, and particularly when one is a spastic lying SOB like John McCain. </div></div>McCain is now considered inexperienced?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Here's a good recommendation.

Pick up a copy of They Must Be Stopped by Bridget Gabriel. Read The Looming Tower and also Tripple Cross

There are far better avenues for defeating these Radical Islamists than trying to spread Democracy around the world, a failing policy, which can never succeed.

While I was not for Obama, I have learned much more about him since then. Additionally, his selection of Joe Biden as his VP, who was my first choice way back when we had seven or eight Democratic candidates standing up there, if you will recall. Obama is far more appealing to me in and of his Biden selection. His M.O. during his time on the Hill, is that of a young man who dives into learning from his peers, and his elders. Instinct is always a great part of decision making, and according to my studies, his instincts for forming a winning foreign policy for defeating radical Islamists around the world, are exactly correct. McCain's are illogical.

Bush' policies are completly ridiculous. I have said all along, you cannot force democracy at the end of a gun. The "Surge" hasn't worked. The situation in Iraq, may be more quieter, but you can't really say that progress has been made, since we cannot withdraw any troops, and Petraeus himself says that the gains progress is fragile. I recall when Biden was long ago speaking about seperating the warring factions. That is exactly what Petraeus did in Baghdad, and Iraqis are dividing themselves by going through an asassination process, ethnic cleansing.

Boots on the ground, in any islamist country, is like cleaning up an oil slick with a q-tip. These raddical Muslims are being financed by oil money from the Saudis since the seventies. Since The Muslim Brotherhood was founded in Egypt in 1928, as a reaction to Turkey's more moderate actions, Islamist radicals have moved in and educated the youth, recruiting them into the Authentic Pure Islam of the7th century. Every time Bush pushes his so called Freedom Agenda elections, the Radical Muslim population is elected. Any western leaning candidates, in countries where these radial live and recruit, are asassinated by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Without a global pressure on the moderate Muslim population, and global pressures applied to the Saudis and Iran, and now, even Turkey is going backwards in their moderate gains, this radical population which has been growing for decades, will continue to grow around the world.

They are already in 20 world capitals, and there are 225 registered Islamist Madrassas right here in America.

Moderate Islamists are being complicit in their silence. Everytime any progress is made in restoring western sttyled rights for women, in any country, radicals move in and reverse it. This is what happened in Afghanistan, and is happening in Turkey, and Iran.

This is not a war that can be won by one country with boots on the ground. It's a losing battle.

A leader who can bring the radical Islamist financiers under pressure with international commitment, turn to technological, and traditional infiltration, and also pinpoint the locations where these radicals train and recruit to destroy them, would be going in the right direction. Our troops, and forces, should be here inside America, protecting us from what is already here, and what is sent here to destroy us.

Covert special forces, secret infiltration, technology, excellent upgraded police work, and a unification effort with other leaders in the world, joining with America to defeat radical Islamists, along with moving away from foreign oil as our energy source, and away from oil altogether, those are the only wasy to defeat Islamist Radicals, and they are growing in numbers far faster than most of us realize.

Being in Iraq for these last years has put us far behind in developing the right strategy for defeating these fundamentalist radical nuts. One good thing, is that according to Bob Woodward, we have developed some kind of mysterious ability for finding the enemy, and killing him. Something that he compares to the Manhattan Project.

I do not believe that John McCain has the ability to deal with foreign leaders that Obama has. There are many things that I know about him, and yes, living here my whole life, and hving friends I've done business with, grew up with, in both politics and in journalism and government, does give me a pretty good feeling for what is really happening behind the scenes.

Our present strategies, if you can call them that, are assbackwards. It makes me very angry to observe the loss of blood and treasure which we have had to bear, through this corrupt administration, George Bush's overall lackadaisical approach to those deaths, this mess in Iraq, and Afghanistan, and his failure to carve out a cohesive effort between our military and agency resources is apalling.

You and I are not being told the truth. Bush lives in a bubble of denial, and is psychologically removed from reality and our circumstances in both Iraq and in Afghanistan. His only hope for turning this around before he leaves is that this new secret weapon that our military and defense people have apparently invented will locate and destroy al Qaeda where they are training and recruiting in Pakistan and Afghanistan, before he leaves office. Of course, that won't erase all of his blunders, time wasted, needless loss of innocent lives, or his general disconnect from his own disasterous policies, but rather a result of American ingenuity. The very same thing that I believe will lead us away from oil, and all of its environmental, and national security threats to our country.

I believe that if you're going to send a president out to pull the other leaders of the world together, sending a president that other like and can identify with, rather than a man who is psychologically a match for the man they already hate, have no respect for, and laugh about between themselves, makes much more sense.

We need a president of high intellect, a quick study with the settled, respectful, and patient appetite required to lead others and combine all of our government resources, into one determined, effective force under the correct, feasible policiy efforts that will not have us spinning our wheels focused on only one aspect, or region of our many many urgent, dangerous and pressing threats.

I joke a lot around here. I don't see that that brings a lot of harm to the world. What is harmful is leaders who lie, and people who are complasant.