PDA

View Full Version : Well, if THIS guy says Obama...

sack316
09-08-2008, 08:01 AM
....then who am I to argue?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00395/BRAND_PIXEL_SIZE_18_395139a.JPG

Russell Brand says please elect Obama! So why shouldn't we listen to him? His tirades and rantings are all over the news today from his hosting of MTV's VMA awards last night. Though I'm sure some here will like that he called GW a "retarded cowboy"... I still have this one question regarding Brand: WHO?

I know, I know. We, as American's don't "get" british humor... as they say. I say it's not so much that as it is that there isn't much to get. But hey, while seemingly every other media outlet has shown outrage at things he said... the The New York Times praised him. And their words these days have as much merit as, well, Brand's I guess /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It takes a special sort to upset an audience at an MTV event. Good job there guy. Jeez, makes me wonder how bad things are across the pond if this guy is so desperately trying to make a name for himself here, in this horrible place /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Sack

sack316
09-08-2008, 08:05 AM
oh, and also wanted to add--- for those that don't know--- this is the same guy that was fired from MTV for showing up to work dressed as Bin Laden... on September 12, 2001. I sure hope more supporters such as this get to find their voice.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM
I don't know anything about this guy, but I do know that many foreign countries, such as the English people, who are much more aware of Bush's unamerican policies, and the truth about their failure than we are here, are disappointed in the many disasterous consequences of Bush and the Republicans, and Hoping that America will come to its collective senses.

This foreign support for Obama who they beleive can bring our country back to what it was before Bush, a country which only went to war as a last resort, and didn't go to steal the resources of another country, or cut deals with rogue nations for oil, or outsource torture. But alas, true to form, Republicans muddy up and switch what is a global desire
to see America return to the honorbale country that it once was, with principles of Democracy in the lead of its policies, into proof that Obama is not for America, but somehow strange.

One only has to watch the BBC news channel to get a glimpse at how our news here in this country has been turned into a right wing propaganda substitution for news, and how the powerful Israeli lobby, and their many Jewish owned networks, in a hidden consiracy with the Republicans, have taken it over.

I notice that Keith Oberman and Chris Mathews, the only MSNBC commentators of the conventions who didn't lean hard right, have been bumped off commentating all future political election coverage, which will surely allow NBC and MSNBC in keeping with same hidden right wing media cabal, with the same kinds of RW
STandards of Faux Noise..Now with no real Democratic response, hence, they have installed David Gregory in their place, just as they replaced Tim Russart, with a rightie, Tom Brokaw.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Gayle,

Maybe soon the English, French and Germans will have a vote for the POTUS. It would only require a constitutional amendment or maybe a couple of judges to read our present one a little more liberally.

I think Obama is beginning to get that international support that is so important to our presidents.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 10:11 AM
International support is a very valuable thing, particularly for a country that has been burried in debt by the Republican Fascists.

America has lost its former respect around the world. A president who could be trusted to look at all sides of our international problems, instead of going off half cocked on policies, without considering the worst case scenarios that could result, would surely be a huge improvment, and most of the rest of the world sees that.

In a flat global invironment, a blustering, new fear monger, will have the same result as the lat one, and the last one has already made us enough enemies.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
09-08-2008, 07:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I notice that Keith Oberman and Chris Mathews, the only MSNBC commentators of the conventions who didn't lean hard right, have been bumped off commentating all future political election coverage /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

They were bumped because they had the lowest ratings. Apparently nobody other than you and your left wing friends were the only ones who cared what they thought. And there obviously weren't enough of you to keep them in business.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't know. I watch C-Span, live, and there are no commentators. Just the live airing of the conventions.