PDA

View Full Version : Palin's First Major Gaffe

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Gov. Sarah Palin made her first potentially major gaffe during her time on the national scene while discussing the developments of the perilous housing market this past weekend.

Speaking before voters in Colorado Springs, the Republican vice presidential nominee claimed that lending giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers." The companies, as McClatchy reported, "aren't taxpayer funded but operate as private companies. The takeover may result in a taxpayer bailout during reorganization."

Economists and analysts pounced on the misstatement, saying it demonstrated a lack of understanding about one of the key economic issues likely to face the next administration.

"You would like to think that someone who is going to be vice president and conceivable president would know what Fannie and Freddie do," said Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research. "These are huge institutions and they are absolutely central to our country's mortgage debt. To not have a clue what they do doesn't speak well for her, I'd say."

Added Andrew Jakabovics, an economic analysts for the progressive think tank, Center for American Progress: "It is somewhat nonsensical because up until yesterday there was sort of no public funding there. Even today they haven't drawn down any of the credit line they have given to Treasury. 'Gotten too big and too expensive' are two separate things. The too big has been a conservative mantra for a while and there is something to be said of that in that they hold about half of the mortgage guarantees that are out there. And in the last year they have been responsible for roughly 80 percent out there. The 'too expensive to tax payers,' I don't know where that comes from."

Even conservative analysts acknowledged that the statement simply did not hold true.

"Heretofore, if the treasury had a balance sheet there would have been a liability but there was never a taxpayer payment before [the bailout]," said Gerald P. O'Driscoll, an economist with the Cato Institute. "[Fannie and Freddie] were not taxpayer funded. They had taxpayer guarantee, which is worth something, especially in the stock market..."

The Palin misstatement comes as Fannie and Freddie are set to be placed under control of the Federal Housing Finance Agency, created by President Bush in late July to help regulate the two housing giants. Both presidential candidates have been critical of Fannie and Freddie but neither is opposed to the government's plans for the companies. The treasury is hoping that the government's role will help stabilize credit markets and incentive more mortgage lending.

"With the takeover they will be taxpayer funded," said O'Driscoll. "As I understand it they get to withdraw funds with permission going forward."

How politically significant a "gaffe" it is remains to be seen. The major concern about Palin's position on the ticket is that she lacks the economic and foreign policy wherewithal to serve as vice president. This certainly doesn't help on that front. At the same time, the remark went almost entirely unnoticed over the weekend and discussions on the developments of the housing market can be difficult to process for even the most attuned voter.

There are varying explanations that could be offered for Palin's defense. As O'Driscoll noted, both Fannie and Freddie "were hybrid institutions because they had private ownership but... an implicit government guarantee which people thought at the end of the day was explicit." Meanwhile, as Baker noted, as of July the two lenders were being offered low market interest rates by the fed again, theoretically, at the taxpayer's expense. But, he added, "I kind of doubt she had any sense of that."
</div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/08/palin-makes-her-first-gaf_n_124792.html

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM
She should be taken back to the kitchen where she beleongs.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
check this one out.

http://www.americablog.com/2008/09/how-americablog-reader-asked-john-and.html

InTheZone
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She should be taken back to the kitchen where she beleongs. </div></div>

Just make sure the eggs she is frying aren't fertile!!!

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 12:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check this one out.

http://www.americablog.com/2008/09/how-americablog-reader-asked-john-and.html </div></div>

NOTE FROM JOHN: Joe just pointed something out to me, the part where our reader asks Palin if she's going to vote for Ted Stevens and she replies, "he's under indictment, you know." Yes, we do know, Sarah. But we find it awfully interesting that the GOP vice presidential nominee thinks that the appropriate point for Alasans to remember this fall when considering whether to vote for Ted Stevens or Mark Begich, that when it comes to considering Ted Stevens, "he's under indictment, you know."

NOTE FROM JOE: Jim, who sent us this post and photos, has now asked Sarah Palin more questions than the entire political press corps COMBINED. Nice work, Jim. If only the traditional media types could be so industrious.

An AMERICAblog reader was having lunch in Albuquerque, New Mexico today, when who should drop in for a substance-less photo opp? John McCain and Sarah Palin. And you'll be surprised to know that when both of them were asked polite but substantive questions by our reader, they refused to answer. He's such a maverick, that John McCain. And she has so much substance, it's scary, that Sarah Palin. Here's our reader's first hand report from the afternoon that they made Sarah Palin confront a real question from a real human being:
Our family today had an interesting encounter that I wanted to share with you. We were eating at El Pinto restaurant in Albuquerque. It is the most popular New Mexican restaurant in town, a large sprawling compound with a number of dinning rooms and patio spaces.

We were eating outside in the patio closest to the main road and had just finishing lunch when I saw the McCain bus drive by! It was followed closely by a number of police motorcycles, secret service SUVS, and press vans. It was obvious they were coming to El Pinto!

We figured we'd head out and see if we could get a closer look. I decided this might be my one chance, to ask one question of each candidate. I carried Caterina (16 months) along with me to meet the candidates.

I worked my way through a number of other dinners and secret service and finally got to the patio on the other side of the restaurant. I could see John McCain ahead of me shaking hands with folks. Sorry the picture is so blurry. I had a baby in one arm and an iPhone in the other!

McCain worked his way up to me and Cat and as I shook his hand, I asked, "Sir, I respect your service but, why were you against the GI bill?" Senator McCain, paused, he looked a bit surprised at the question and then he said, "Nice to meet you." I repeated the question and he repeated his non-answer. He quickly worked his way down the line. So much for straight-talk!

I have been genuinely curious as to why he wouldn't support a bill so important to veterans (McCain opposed this bill from the beginning and then skipped the vote). Also, I was surprised at myself as I as I almost involuntarily prefaced my question with, "Sir, I respect your service but..." No wonder he's gotten a free ride by the press, I think this reaction is not unique and the press must feel the same pressure that I felt. Perhaps that explains why his poor support for veteran issues isn't well known.

Sarah Palin was next! I couldn't resist trying for a better photo. It is still blurry, but talk about a close encounter.

Sarah first looked at Caterina said hello, and I shook her hand. I asked, "Are supporting Ted Stevens this year?" She replied, "He's under indictment you know...his trial is in September." I replied, "But are you voting for him?" She walked away without answering.

I don't think this question will be answered until after Senator Stevens' trial in September and perhaps never. After all, Ted Stevens is still running for the Senate this year and a Republican vote, corrupt or not, is still a Republican vote. I was amazed that she offered up, "He's under indictment you know." She's going to need some serious handling before they let her into the wild!

I followed Governor Palin out and they stopped to purchase some salsa. This whole stop was just a photo-op and my questions, any questions were obviously not part of the script. No townhall meeting here.

After less than 15 minutes at the Restaurant the Straight-NoTalk Express headed out.

My wife Angela was at the entrance with my son Andrea holding up a home made Obama sign and shouting at McCain, Palin and the press. It made me very proud. A memorable lunch at El Pinto.

Jim, Angela, Andrea and Caterina
Corrales, New Mexico

<span style="color: #FF0000">So, this is fair journalism? An Obama blogger who is carrying signs and y9ou try to tell us this is not left wing journalism? Perhaps you just don't know the difference. Maybe, you really don't see the difference. </span>

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
If you had clicked on the link you could have seen his pictures of the whole thing.

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I did click on the lick and did see his snapshots.

eg8r
09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I bet she felt like an idiot when she made that statement. However, in the end she will be absolutely correct. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif In the end, the taxpayer is going to have to bail the two out, which in her defense, is certainly too expensive to do.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Tell it to the Republican Fed, and his predecessor who let it happen. Tell it to the antiregulation, bottom line only, Republicans, who have sold this country out since Reagan. Tell it to the Neocons, like Delay, Abramoff, Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, and all the others who have given no bid contracts and privatized government, war, torture, and every other thing they do so they don't have to be bothered with accountability.

eg8r
09-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Gayle, you can change the subject all you want but in the end you are wrong and Palin is correct. Fannie and Freddie got too large and are now too expensive for the American taxpayers to bail them out.

You really are jealous of this woman aren't you?

When you were listing off all those names I noticed that you did not include Feinstein? Interesting.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You really are jealous of this woman aren't you?
</div></div>

LMAO! Oh Yeah! I always had a secret dream of living in Alaska, with five kids, going out to kill foxes and other animals from an airplane, in between taking care of my down's Syndrone baby... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif and four kids, married to am Eskimo bubba.

Feistein does not belong in the same category with those fascist crooks.

Qtec
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, you can change the subject all you want but in the end you are wrong and Palin is correct. Fannie and Freddie got too large and are now too expensive for the American taxpayers to bail them out.

You really are jealous of this woman aren't you?

When you were listing off all those names I noticed that you did not include Feinstein? Interesting.

eg8r </div></div>

Why should be she jealous?
Palin is a light-weight who was picked for several cynical reasons and certainly not for her experience or know how.
The main reason [ IMO ] she was picked was to create a distraction. ie her main job is to 'draw fire' from McCain and let him have an easy run up to the election.
Where is the scrutiny in the media about McCain's war record?
eg,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McCain graduated in the bottom 1% of his flight school class. He was number 894 out of a class of 899...? </div></div> Not really surprising he got shot down? LOL

Palin is a RW religious nut who lied in the first speech she made at the Rep Con. What she is is a sneak.

Palin by accepting the VP offer cast her young daughter to the wolves. ie, she sacrificed her daughter for her own political ambitions.

She supported the bridge to nowhere before she was against it.
She believes the Iraq war is "God's war."
She is member of a FANATICAL RW Church.

What more do you need to know?

Q

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 05:28 PM
And third from the bottom at Annapolis!

Q,
GMTA, my sentiments exactly!

jayalley
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Did you ever sit back, Angry Gayle, and read your posts?
The one above is so infantile....an Eskimo Bubba??
They are so petty and hateful.

You are one sick petunia.

Oh, well, 8,000+ posts by one of the idle rich.....it's surprising that you're not Republican.
Let's all remember that, when Angry Depressed Gayle WASN'T backing Obama, she called him a "burned out cokehead."

wolfdancer
09-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I thought the Eskimo Bubba was original and funny!
And Gayle is only backing Obama as the better choice between McCain/Obama. If Bill Clinton and Barack Obama can have a private lunch and mend the fences...I see no reason to insult Gayle for supporting her party's nominee
"Petty, hateful, sick, angry and depressed"....and also complaining about the number of posts....are you a mind reader? I was just going to write the exact same thing about Ed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

sack316
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

LMAO! Oh Yeah! I always had a secret dream of living in Alaska, with five kids, going out to kill foxes and other animals from an airplane, in between taking care of my down's Syndrone baby... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif and four kids, married to am Eskimo bubba.

</div></div>

Another trip in the wayback machine revealed this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a woman I will always speak out against unequal pay for women, reproductive rights, privacy rights, and and their rights as women to make the choices they find necessary in their personal lives</div></div>

I can probably give in on the privacy part of that statement, as she chose a life as a public figure, hence doing away with much privacy. But it seems you've changed a bit on the rest of that statement... especially "choices they find necessary in their personal lives". hmmmmmmm

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 10:40 PM
You know what, Sack, it might be worth your while to spend the time you'e spending trying to make me wrong, studying about the candidates, instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a woman I will always speak out against unequal pay for women, reproductive rights, privacy rights, and their rights as women to make the choices they find necessary in their personal lives </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I can probably give in on the privacy part of that statement, as she chose a life as a public figure, hence doing away with much privacy. But it seems you've changed a bit on the rest of that statement... especially "choices they find necessary in their personal lives". hmmmmmmm

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I haven't made eny efforts to deny her her choices, Sack, she is the one who seeks to dictate, not I. I will continue to speak out for those women which she would seek to force her own religious values upon, in an effort to deny them their rights to make the personal, private choices that may be differenct from her own, those which that they have a right to make. I don't agree with any of her, or McCain's policies. You have every right to make your own choices. Sara has every right, also. I have a right to vote against two decietful liars, who would be very destructive and against the best interests of America, and she is just as bad for this country as he would be.

Now go dig back through the archives and look for something else you can try to use against me, or read something that might give you some insight into the candidates you will probably vote for, as I did, when I realized that my only choices were going to be McInsane, or Obama.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif</span>

sack316
09-08-2008, 10:52 PM
well you sure have criticized her for plenty of her own personal choices, in her personal life. Even insulted her on a few occasions I would say, directly insulting the same choices you claim to defend. You don't want McCain and Palin in office, that's great... I wouldn't either except for the altrnatives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now go dig back through the archives and look for something else you can try to use against me, or read something that might give you some insight into the candidates you will probably vote for, as I did, when I realized that my only choices were going to be McInsane, or Obama.

</div></div>

I did, and for months of posting found reason after reason why Obama isn't fit for the White House... most from you. And I see no reason why he is any more qualified now than before. And to be fair, you were always definitely NOT gonna be behind McCain in any way shape or form. But you sure seem to have taken a liking to Obama this last little bit as well... but he is no different than he was some 6 or 7 months ago.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 11:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
well you sure have criticized her for plenty of her own personal choices, in her personal life. <span style="color: #000066">Yes, I am critical of anyone who thinks they have a right to dictate to others, and alos of any politician who would use a DS baby on a stage, as an election ploy. I expect any day now to see her in a campaign commercial, with that baby. </span> Even insulted her on a few occasions I would say, directly insulting the same choices you claim to defend. <span style="color: #000066">yes, her dscision to be irresponsible about birth control, when she must have known the odds at her age, was stupid. But then intelligent birth control decisions seem to be an big problem in that family, don't they.

And another thing, Sack, while we're at this little game of yours, Sara Palin isn't here, so I think that to accuse mr of insulting her is a bit of a stretch. She's a public figure, who paraded that Prgnant duaghter of her around for a week, and hauled that poor baby around for a week, and my experience of watching that was repulsion. You have a right to your own experience. I have a right to mine.</span> You don't want McCain and Palin in office, that's great... I wouldn't either except for the altrnatives <span style="color: #000066">Hey, if you want four more years of lies and a divided country, and no gain in dealing with the oil situation, and more jobs outsourced and more borrowing for wars that don't bring anything good about for our country, from a man who admits he doesn't know a damn thing about economics, and is a hot headed person who refuses to listen to anyone, fine, go vote for two completely unqualified people, and four more years of George Bush. It surely wouldn't surprise me one damn bit for you to do that. </span> </div></div>

pooltchr
09-09-2008, 04:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McCain graduated in the bottom 1% of his flight school class. He was number 894 out of a class of 899...? </div></div> Not really surprising he got shot down? LOL

Q </div></div>

I'm not surprised to see where you think it is funny (LOL) that any American pilot would get shot down while defending OUR country, and YOUR freedoms as well. You are letting your true colors show through!
Steve

LWW
09-09-2008, 04:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and four kids, married to am Eskimo bubba.</div></div>
Yet more racism from the moonbat left.

BTW Gayle, after all of this ... what's the gaffe?

LWW

Sid_Vicious
09-09-2008, 06:49 AM
"Oh Yeah! I always had a secret dream of living in Alaska, with five kids, going out to kill foxes and other animals from an airplane, in between taking care of my down's Syndrone baby... and four kids, married to am Eskimo bubba."

You mean to say that ain't you Gayle? Good chuckler for mornin' coffee. thanks...sid

Deeman3
09-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Anyone wanting a Hillary vs. Sarah smackdown might be in for a letdown. First, Sarah Palin launched her Republican vice presidential campaign with praise for the strides made by Hillary Rodham Clinton in her quest for the Democratic presidential nomination. On Monday, Clinton spoke in kind.

"It is a great accomplishment," Clinton said of Palin's selection as the GOP's first female running mate. Clinton told a rally of 500 that the election will be decided on issues, not the historical significance of the candidates, and Democrat Barack Obama and his running mate Joe Biden bring more to the table than the Republican ticket.

"Women as well as men make their decisions after they weigh the evidence," Clinton said. "As Americans go into that voting booth, what they have to ask themselves is not so much who am I for, as who is for me? And I don't think it's an even close question that we have the ticket that is going to do the best job in restoring the American promise."

About the most she'd say about Palin is that she and Republican presidential candidate John McCain "are not the change that we need."

Former Clinton adviser Howard Wolfson is dismissing any notion the Obama campaign would dispatch Clinton to take on Palin, as much as he thinks some people would revel in seeing the two strong women butt heads.

Humh!

eg8r
09-09-2008, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should be she jealous?</div></div>What is the purpose of asking why? Who knows and who cares. If you read Gayle's posts since Palin was selected if sure looks that way. LOL, especially in the post about Palin's dress.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin is a light-weight who was picked for several cynical reasons and certainly not for her experience or know how.
</div></div>I am not interested in your opinions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin is a RW religious nut who lied in the first speech she made at the Rep Con. What she is is a sneak.

Palin by accepting the VP offer cast her young daughter to the wolves. ie, she sacrificed her daughter for her own political ambitions.

What more do you need to know?</div></div>LOL, you completely ignored the discussion Gayle and I were having about Palin's quote about Fannie and Freddie.

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
One positive for McCain over Bush and Kerry is that McCain is not going around bragging about his IQ or grades in school (even though they were low). Bush and Kerry used to battle about who was smarter when both of them were no better than a C student. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 07:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Feistein does not belong in the same category with those fascist crooks.</div></div>Anyone who does not believe Feinstein belongs with those facist crooks is a facist crook themself.

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clinton told a rally of 500 that the election will be decided on issues, not the historical significance of the candidates,</div></div>So now that she is not running against Obama, experience is no longer an issue. Clinton is not the first to flip flop on this and Biden is the biggest offender.

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Gayle always flip flops. Just take a look at all her posts denouncing the flack Clinton took for cheating on his wife, yet Gayle is the first to throw mud on McCain's personal affairs.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Pointless.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Pointless.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Pointless.

eg8r
09-09-2008, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what, Sack, it might be worth your while to spend the time you'e spending trying to make me wrong, studying about the candidates, instead.</div></div>LOL, you must have hit a nerve Sack. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The lefties on this board are too lazy to use the search tool (evidence in the thread where wolfie admits to just guessing about what Steve or I have said) yet when you use the search tool to remind them what they have said in the past they get cranky. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes, her dscision to be irresponsible about birth control, when she must have known the odds at her age, was stupid.</div></div>This quote of yours is stupid.

Why don't you ever condemn the irresponsible choices of those on welfare who are out making babies left and right so that they can stay on welfare? Again, you don't defend women's rights, you only defend the rights of women when it fits your agenda.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 09:27 AM
FYI, I've always said that Welfare after two children, should be conditional on a woman having her tubes cut. Of course, the religious people would go berzerk over that! The choice would be between welfare and plopping out more babies. Chocolate or vanilla, take you pick.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm not Sack. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
LOL, no kidding. He is a respectable member of the board. You are the one blasting BS all over the place.

eg8r

wolfdancer
09-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Call, it old age, whatever...getting data from the search function, is like asking the WH to release documents.
your's and Steve's older posts are "eyes only" for the CCB admin'
(Probably another die hard Right winger.)
It really doesn't matter though, which one of you said it, since you agree with each other on just about everything that comes up here....I'm sure there is a top secret Bush "Little red book" given out to the really dedicated (read: indoctrinated) amongst the loyal camp followers, where you get your "official denials to published right wing wrong doings"
In the grand scheme of things however, it doesn't matter who is to blame and who is the victim....it's a crisis of monumental proportions, that could trigger another great depression

wolfdancer
09-09-2008, 04:28 PM
and witless......
Ed has spent the better part of 7 years commenting on the Clinton affair, and equating it to the Bush lies to congress, re the war.
Apparently now, McCain's private affairs are sacrosanct, and any comments about him are downright Un-American.
Ed's in good company though:
" Bill O'Reilly, host of The O'Reilly Factor, calls many of his guests "un-American" when they disagree with O'Reilly's views. Also, the term (or similar sentiments) has been used by Bush supporters in the media to describe actions or beliefs that are critical of U.S. government foreign policy or domestic agenda."

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Overt, covert. That's the name of the game. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

eg8r
09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI, I've always said that Welfare after two children, should be conditional on a woman having her tubes cut. </div></div>Seems to go against everything you have ever said about a woman's personal rights.

eg8r

eg8r
09-10-2008, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently now, McCain's private affairs are sacrosanct, and any comments about him are downright Un-American.
</div></div>Quite the opposite actually, but I totally think you are too dumb to figure it out so let me spell it out for you. I think McCain's personal affairs should be news because I TOTALLY BELIEVE THEY PLAY A PART IN HOW HE OR CLINTON OR ANY OTHER CHEATER WILL BE ABLE TO LEAD A COUNTRY!.

The reason I bring it up is to point out the hypocrisy of Gayle. She flip flops on everything lately. This was just a great example.

eg8r &lt;~~~wondering if the lap dog is still too dumb to comprehend

eg8r
09-10-2008, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It really doesn't matter though, which one of you said it, since you agree with each other on just about everything that comes up here....</div></div>You really are losing it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The point of asking you to find out who said it was to point out that NEITHER OF US said it. It was a lie from your revisionist memory.

Now go back to sleep lap dog, I am sure gayle is not too happy about your running off on your own.

eg8r

Qtec
09-10-2008, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should be she jealous?</div></div>What is the purpose of asking why? Who knows and who cares. </div></div>

Listen numskull, YOU made the claim the G was jealous, all I am asking is WHY you think that. YOU are typical GOP, you flap at the mouth, make accusations and when challenged you dry up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin is a light-weight who was picked for several cynical reasons and certainly not for her experience or know how.
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not interested in your opinions.</div></div>

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin is a RW religious nut who lied in the first speech she made at the Rep Con. What she is is a sneak.

What more do you need to know?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you completely ignored the discussion Gayle and I were having about Palin's quote about Fannie and Freddie.</div></div>

What discussion?
Is she against the bail out?
Why aren't these two 'Mavericks'[ LOL] screaming about this waste of taxpayer money that Palin herswelf said was 'too expensive'?

eg8r [/quote]

If you watch the McCain campaign, GW never existed. The last 8 years never happened.

Q

eg8r
09-11-2008, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Listen numskull, YOU made the claim the G was jealous, all I am asking is WHY you think that.</div></div>Because I actually read all the hate Gayle has been spewing about the lady.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What discussion?</div></div>I applaud you Q. This was a long time coming but maybe you are turning the corner. This is the first instance I can remember in years where you actually admit you have no idea what we are talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you watch the McCain campaign, GW never existed. The last 8 years never happened.</div></div>I have not been watching because I will not be voting for him. If anything, the last 8 years have been insanely expensive and if McCain wins the election then I hope he listens to the Conservatives and starts to drastically reduce spending.

eg8r