PDA

View Full Version : McCain Pushed Woman In Wheelchair

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/07/report-mccain-pushed-woma_n_124615.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On Sunday, McClatchy Newspapers published a story on Sen. John McCain's oft-discussed temper, detailing one incident in which McCain allegedly pushed a woman in a wheelchair.

According to McClatchy's report, in 1996, McCain was met in the Senate office halls by a group of family members of POW-MIAs who had been pressing him to pursue more information on their relatives.

Six people present have written statements describing what they saw. According to the accounts, McCain waved his hand to shoo away Jeannette Jenkins, whose cousin was last seen in South Vietnam in 1970, causing her to hit a wall.

As McCain continued walking, Jane Duke Gaylor, the mother of another missing serviceman, approached the senator. Gaylor, in a wheelchair equipped with portable oxygen, stretched her arms toward McCain.

"McCain stopped, glared at her, raised his left arm ready to strike her, composed himself and pushed the wheelchair away from him," according to Eleanor Apodaca, the sister of an Air Force captain missing since 1967.

McCain's staff wouldn't respond to requests for comment about specific incidents.

It's impossible now to determine whose recollection of these events is accurate. But Democrats clearly continue to see McCain's temperament as a potential electoral liability. Appearing on CNN's Late Edition on Sunday, Sen. Barbara Boxer argued that McCain's hot-streak is a legitimate campaign issue that should dissuade voters from electing him commander in chief.

"Just listen to what some of his Republican friends have said about him," said Boxer. "Thad Cochran, a Republican conservative senator from Mississippi says the thought of John McCain in the White House sends cold chills down his spine. I don't agree with Kay Bailey that everybody loses their temper like that. And I think we've all seen it happen. It's not rational when it happens. And because John McCain raised the issue, he actually raised it and says he has the temperament -- you know, I think it should be on the table. And anyone watching, you know, Barack Obama stay as cool as a cucumber under the most unbelievable scathing attacks can see that."

Boxer's comment, the crux of which had been raised earlier in the segment, came in the midst of what was a heated exchange between her and Senate colleague Kay Bailey Hutchinson. The Texas Republican laughed off the idea that McCain was any more volatile than other senators. "It is just ridiculous to say he doesn't have the temperament," she remarked. "I mean everybody gets upset at some point."

</div></div>

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/51660.html
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McCain's history of hot temper raises concerns
More on this Story
Story | When it comes to trust-busting, McCain's no Roosevelt
McClatchy Newspapers
WASHINGTON — John McCain made a quick stop at the Capitol one day last spring to sit in on Senate negotiations on the big immigration bill, and John Cornyn was not pleased.

Cornyn, a mild-mannered Texas Republican, saw a loophole in the bill that he thought would allow felons to pursue a path to citizenship.

McCain called Cornyn's claim "chicken-s---," according to people familiar with the meeting, and charged that the Texan was looking for an excuse to scuttle the bill. Cornyn grimly told McCain he had a lot of nerve to suddenly show up and inject himself into the sensitive negotiations.

"F--- you," McCain told Cornyn, in front of about 40 witnesses.

It was another instance of the Republican presidential candidate losing his temper, another instance where, as POW-MIA activist Carol Hrdlicka put it, "It's his way or no way."

There's a lengthy list of similar outbursts through the years: McCain pushing a woman in a wheelchair, trying to get an Arizona Republican aide fired from three different jobs, berating a young GOP activist on the night of his own 1986 Senate election and many more.

McCain observers say the incidents have been blown out of proportion.

"I've never seen anything in the way of an outburst of temper that struck me as anything out of the ordinary," said McCain biographer Robert Timberg.

"Those reports are overstated," said Rives Richey, who attended Episcopal High School in Alexandria, Va., with McCain in the early 1950s.

Historians point out that it's not unusual for a president to have a fierce temper, but most knew how to keep it under control.

"Harry Truman wrote scathing letters, but he almost never sent them," said author Robert Dallek.

"George Washington spent a lifetime trying to control his temper," added historian Richard Norton Smith.

But Washington didn't have YouTube replaying videos of his tantrums, nor did he have to make decisions about nuclear weapons.

HE WAS FEISTY

At age 2, McCain's tantrums were so intense that he'd hold his breath for a few minutes and pass out. His parents would dunk him in cold water to "cure" him, he wrote in his memoir, "Faith of My Fathers."

"I have spent much of my life choosing my own attitude, often carelessly, often for no better reason than to indulge a conceit," he wrote. He conceded that some of his actions have been embarrassing, and "others I deeply regret."

He was a tough little guy. At Episcopal High, he was a 114-pound wrestler classmates called "Punk" and "McNasty."

Richey, though, noted that such monikers weren't unusual in those days. "There was a tremendous amount of sarcasm in the way we talked to each other at Episcopal," he recalled. "That's the way we all talked to each other."

McCain, Richey said, "was not looking for a fight. He was feisty."

McCain entered the Naval Academy in 1954, and he was popular, the leader of a group that Timberg described as the Bad Bunch, known largely for its ability to have a good time.

Malcolm Matheson, who knew McCain at Episcopal High and stayed friendly with him in college, said his buddy had no trouble controlling his temper in those days.

"He was a little guy, but he was tough, and no bully ever got in his face," Matheson said.

But as McCain ascended in politics, he began to acquire a reputation for hotheadedness. On election night 1986, then-Arizona Republican Party executive director Jon Hinz recalled, McCain was unhappy, even angry, even though he'd just won a U.S. Senate seat and his party had just made a virtually unprecedented sweep of state offices.

McCain had hoped that night would help launch him as a national figure. Instead, when the 5-foot-9 senator-elect spoke at the Phoenix victory party, the podium was too tall.

"You couldn't see his mouth," Hinz said.

A furious McCain sought out Robert Wexler, the Young Republican head in charge of arrangements.

"McCain kept pointing his finger in Wexler's chest, berating him," Hinz recalled. The 6-foot-6 Hinz stepped between them and told McCain to cut it out. "I told him I'll make sure there's an egg crate around next time," he said. McCain walked away angrily.

About a year later, McCain reportedly erupted again, this time at a meeting with Arizona's then-Gov. Evan Mecham, who was about to be impeached after being indicted on felony charges.

Karen Johnson, then Mecham's secretary and now an Arizona state senator, recalled how McCain told Mecham that he was "causing the party a lot of problems" and was an embarrassment to the party.

"Sen. McCain got very angry," Johnson recalled, "and I said, 'Why are you talking to the governor like this? You're causing problems yourself. You're an embarrassment.' "

Johnson would go on to work at three different jobs over the next five years, and she said that each time, McCain would contact her boss and try to get her removed.

The McCain campaign didn't respond to repeated requests for comment.

LOSING HIS COOL

When John McCain came to the Senate in 1987, he quickly got two reputations: a Republican who'd do business with Democrats on tough issues and an impatient senator who was often gruff and temperamental.

In January, Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., told The Boston Globe that, "the thought of (McCain) being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He is erratic. He is hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me." (Cochran has since endorsed McCain.)

Added Sen. Christopher Bond, R-Mo., who has a long list of vociferous, sometimes personal disagreements with McCain, "His charm takes a little getting used to." (Bond, too, supports him.)

Democrats are less guarded.

"There have been times when he's just exploded, " said Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa.

"Look, around here, people lose their tempers once in a while. But it doesn't happen very often, and it usually happens in some contextual framework. A lot of times there's just not much of a contextual framework for his blowing up."

John Raidt worked for McCain more than 15 years. "Yeah, he could get prickly," he said. "Sometimes that's exactly what's needed to move an issue or get attention. I think he uses it as a tool."

Stories abound on Capitol Hill: How McCain told Senate Budget Committee Chairman Pete Domenici, R-N.M., how "only an a-hole" would craft a budget like he did. Or the time in 1989 when he confronted Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, then a Democrat and now a Republican, because Shelby had promised to vote for McCain friend John Tower as secretary of defense, and then Shelby voted against Tower.

McCain later wrote how, after the vote, he approached Shelby "to bring my nose within an inch of his as I screamed out my intense displeasure over his deceit ... the incident is one of the occasions when my temper lived up to its exaggerated legend."

Cochran recalled earlier this summer that he saw McCain manhandle a Sandinista official during a 1987 diplomatic mission in Nicaragua.

Cochran told the Biloxi Sun-Herald that McCain was talking, and, "I saw some kind of quick movement at the bottom of the table and I looked down there and John had reached over and grabbed this guy by the shirt collar and had snatched him up like he was throwing him up out of the chair to tell him what he thought about him or whatever."

McCain said the incident never took place. "I must say, I did not admire the Sandinistas much," he told a news conference. "But there was never anything of that nature. It just didn't happen."

Former Sen. Robert Dole, who led the mission, couldn't be reached to comment.

Back in Washington, families of POW_MIAs said they have seen McCain's wrath repeatedly. Some families charged that McCain hadn't been aggressive enough about pursuing their lost relatives and has been reluctant to release relevant documents. McCain himself was a prisoner of war for five-and-a-half years during the Vietnam War.

In 1992, McCain sparred with Dolores Alfond, the chairwoman of the National Alliance of Families for the Return of America's Missing Servicemen and Women, at a Senate hearing. McCain's prosecutor-like questioning of Alfond — available on YouTube — left her in tears.

Four years later, at her group's Washington conference, about 25 members went to a Senate office building, hoping to meet with McCain. As they stood in the hall, McCain and an aide walked by.

Six people present have written statements describing what they saw. According to the accounts, McCain waved his hand to shoo away Jeannette Jenkins, whose cousin was last seen in South Vietnam in 1970, causing her to hit a wall.

As McCain continued walking, Jane Duke Gaylor, the mother of another missing serviceman, approached the senator. Gaylor, in a wheelchair equipped with portable oxygen, stretched her arms toward McCain.

"McCain stopped, glared at her, raised his left arm ready to strike her, composed himself and pushed the wheelchair away from him," according to Eleanor Apodaca, the sister of an Air Force captain missing since 1967.

McCain's staff wouldn't respond to requests for comment about specific incidents.

But Mark Salter, a longtime McCain aide who functions as the senator's alter ego and the co-author of his books, said that, "McCain gets intense, and intent on his argument."

His blowups with senators often result from colleagues being accustomed to deference, he said.

"A lot of these guys aren't used to that," Salter said, so they get annoyed when a peer gets emotional.

McCain's presidential campaign has tried to use his reputation to its advantage; in an early television ad, McCain said: "I didn't go to Washington to win the Mr. Congeniality award ... I love America. I love her enough to make some people angry."

CAN HE CONTROL IT?

There's no easy way to judge whether McCain's temper would make him a risky president.

"Yeah, he has a temper," said Democratic vice-presidential nominee and Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Joseph Biden of Delaware. "It's obvious. You've seen it.

"But is John whatever his opposition painted him to be, this unstable guy who came out of a prisoner or war camp not capable of (acting rationally)? I don't buy that at all."

Independent experts have some concerns about McCain's irascibility.

"Diplomacy is not often dealing with reasonable people," said Steve Clemons, an analyst at the New America Foundation, a centrist public policy group.

"In the nuclear age, you don't want someone flying off the handle, so it's a critical question: Can McCain control his temper?" asked Thomas De Luca, professor of political science at Fordham University in New York.

History is an inexact guide, because little evidence is available tying temper to action.

Richard Norton Smith has found that according to Tobias Lear, George Washington's secretary, "few sounds on earth could compare with that of George Washington swearing a blue streak."

On the other hand, said Smith, Washington could control himself. "One reason George Washington is this cold-blooded marble figure is that he became expert in controlling his temper," he said.

Other presidents have similar histories. Thomas Jefferson, Smith said, could be a "red-faced chief executive throwing his hat on the floor before stomping on it."

Truman had his angry letters, and one that got out showed quite a temper.

"It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful," Truman wrote Washington Post music critic Paul Hume in 1950, after Hume had panned first daughter Margaret Truman's singing performance.

Added the angry father, "Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes and perhaps a supporter below!"

Bill Clinton's infamous red-faced tirades tended to be endured by staffers in the privacy of the White House rather than public displays.

The important question, said Dallek, is whether and how McCain controls his outbursts. Though his aides insist that his temper is simply a way of expressing passion — and that he sometimes uses it for effect — some observers remain concerned.

"It seems the only way to deal with John McCain is to think the way he does," said Hinz, the former Arizona GOP official who now runs an insurance reform advocacy group in Phoenix. "If he gets more power, what's going to make him suddenly become a fuzzy, nice guy?"

(Margaret Talev contributed to this article.)

</div></div>

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Having to dig pretty low are we not?

Post as many of these do you still beat your wife stories but, in the end, don't be complaining about any swift boating ads as being unfair.

When you run across the one where he tortured his captors while in Nam, please pass it on.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
McInsane's Swift Boaters are about to release one against Obama, so I hear. It's supposed to be pretty slimy, but we knew it would be.

SEe, we don't have to look for former beauty queens, with no experience to energize our base. We just wai for the swift boaters to show up. That seems to do it. Democratics are very fair minded people, with conscience. That's why former Democratics don't write books about them entitled "Without Conscience"

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I find it hard to beleive it's as slimy as the stuff you guys are digging up now but we shall see.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 01:03 PM
There is a difference between suspicion, and telling outright lies.

There are many people who do not believe that Sara was actually the mother of that baby, for example. They, people from her own home town, have raised questions about suspicious surrounding events.

The Swift Boaters were lying. Just as McInsane lies in nearly every one of his campaign ads, and aprticularly about Obama's tax plan.

I haven't heard any of that coming from obama.

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a difference between suspicion, and telling outright lies. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Yes, so her having a baby in April was an outright lie? </span>

There are many people who do not believe that Sara was actually the mother of that baby, for example. They, people from her own home town, have raised questions about suspicious surrounding events. <span style="color: #FF0000">Women will talk. There are a great many people who believe Obama never listened to his preacher demean America, many who do. This is evidence? </span>

The Swift Boaters were lying. Just as McInsane lies in nearly every one of his campaign ads, and aprticularly about Obama's tax plan. <span style="color: #FF0000"> The swift boaters had there right to voice thier opinions. If untrue, Kerry made a hugh error in not disclaiming it at the time. It does not good to do it months later. </span>

I haven't heard any of that coming from obama. <span style="color: #FF0000">You never will. You wouold have to listen with fair judgement to hear it. You are in the middle of Obama Mania, it will soon pass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I was never for Obama, remember? I was always for Joe Biden for president. He was always the person that I felt was the very best, most honest, and knowledgable in foreign affairs, and domestic economic issues.

Actually, I was hoping that Biden would run with chuck Hagle, or Murtha, or even Biden and Hillary. obama never was my favorite because I didn't want to have to rely on getting the racist bubbas to give him a chance.

I also didn't like Obama's wife in the beginning. The convention turned me arouund on both of them, although I could never want to see McInsane in the WH. He's proven to me all too well that he doesn't belong there with this VP decision, and all the lies he keeps telling. He truly is Bush's twin. But then, I would NEVER vote for ANYONE who refused to support the needs of our troops, or had been for torture. McInsane lost ALL of any respect I ever had for him when he did that.

That Time Magazine interview on his bus, also proved to me he's still the same hot headed nut that he always was. Thinks that just because he was a POW he is bey9ond reproach. Same way he's always acted. "How dare you question me! I was a POW! How dare you disagree with me! I was a POW!"

Same ol' McInsane he's always been.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't think the race thing will play a very big part in the election. I may be wrong but I think the thing will be dicided on how well the debates go. If Obama moves just a little further to the right, he can beat McCain at his own game. Of course, when he gets in, with a major majority of Democrats, he can spend at will. Every program his heart desires. It will be popular for a short time until someone figures out that the bills must be paid and not many will be left to pay them. The really rich can sit it out and protect their wealth if not their income.

Not blaming them but we have had some fair years and it has gotten pretty poor the last year and a half. If you are right and massivbe government spending programs are the answer, I will admit to being wrong. If building windmills and making electric cars will really generate millions of new non-government jobs, I'll be the first to re-invest in the American economy. For now, I'm sitting this out as much as minor investments will allow. In fairness, I've been virtually sitting it out since last October, not making anything but not losing it all either. I did make a small bet on T.Boon Picken's efforts but not a bunch. I am almost afraid if they dump tons of government cash in, the private investments will be overwealmed. We shall see.

I just lost considerably on a horse that won't ever run the Derby. You will not believe how hard it is to bury a horse even in Alabama.

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Let us know when you get the story line that McCain is the father of one of Palin's kids. It should be at least entertaining for a tabloid.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 02:36 PM
I thought he was your wife's pleasure horse. Do you dabble in race horses?

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
LOL, did you know that the National Enquirer is saying that Palin was involved in an extra marital affair?

Hmmmm...their record has been pretty good lately. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Deeman3
09-08-2008, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought he was your wife's pleasure horse. Do you dabble in race horses? </div></div>

Just joking about the race horse. I did own a share of one a few years ago but he was a money pit and something I'll never do again. Tori's horse, Sinbad, was a Tennessee Walker, a trail pleasure horse for her but a prized Walking beast of family to the breeders and sellers many years ago. I will say, I did not get a deal on this horse. When your wife falls for an animal, cost means very little to her. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Little matter that he had not competed at a single event since we aquired him! To his credit, he moved beautifully and was always good to her and never unseated her. That made it worth it to me. She misses him terribly and lost it yesterday when a horse trailer drove by. I won't understand this, of course, as we have a couple of our horse trailers outside our house and she has not cried at them. I'll never figure her out but love her all the same.

wolfdancer
09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I didn't know that, but I'm starting a rumor that Palin practices Santería

wolfdancer
09-08-2008, 03:57 PM
McCain's favorite movie scene:
Wheelchair pushing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHHJsXH3BiU)

eg8r
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Six people present have written statements describing what they saw. According to the accounts, McCain waved his hand to shoo away Jeannette Jenkins, whose cousin was last seen in South Vietnam in 1970, causing her to hit a wall.
</div></div>Wow, the force must be strong with McCain. He can "shoo" people into walls.

If someone came up to me in a wheel chair and blocked me from going where I needed to go, I also would do what I could to move them out of my way. What I don't understand is why didn't McCain just shoo the wheelchair into the wall like he did the other lady.

I noticed that article did not mention the attitudes of the people McCain beat up prior to him smacking them down.

eg8r

eg8r
09-08-2008, 04:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't heard any of that coming from obama. </div></div>Have you heard whether or not Obama will be picking up the rent for his brother next year? Surely he can swing the steep $12 price.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm sure whateve he is dong for his brother he will never make a movie about it to send the "You owe me, I'm generous, I'm brave, I was tortured, so put me in the White House" message like john and Cindy.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
No reason for him to make a movie about him getting rich and leaving his brother to live on a dollar a month? Obama does not seem like the type of guy to be happy that info is even public, let alone make a movie about it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Ed,
You never know what the hell you're talking about. If he didn't want people to know it, he wouldn't have included the information about his brother in his own books. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
LOL, so he wanted everyone to know that he was living the high life and his brother was living on a dollar a month. What a stand up guy.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Coming from you that's quite a good review. You admire people who lie and steal, so you wouldn't have any appreciation for a man who tells the truth.

jayalley
09-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Angry Gayle, why don't you just dismiss egr8 as a "burned out cokehead" as you did Obama when you were still sliming for Hillary?

Oh, my goodness, maybe I'm a "burned out cokehead"!!!!!!!

Egads, Angry Gayle was right!!!!

wolfdancer
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
confession is good for the soul !!!

pooltchr
09-08-2008, 07:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It's impossible now to determine whose recollection of these events is accurate. </div></div>

Here is the one fact not in question...conveniently buried 7 paragraphs into the story.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Sort of reminds you of McInsane and Sara, burrying the truth about thier ties with lobbyists, and her queen of the earmarks fame.

Change you can see through.

pooltchr
09-09-2008, 04:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sort of reminds you of McInsane and Sara, burrying the truth about thier ties with lobbyists, and her queen of the earmarks fame.

Change you can see through. </div></div>

no, it sorta reminds me how much you post half truths, outright lies, and crap from all your favorite left wing bloggers as factual, and claim at the same time you are such a well-read, well educated person. You will buy into anything anyone writes, as long as it's negative toward anyone who isn't a left wing nut like you.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 07:49 AM
McCain's campaign is chock full of lobbyists. That's a fact. Sara Palin's use of earmarks are the highest per capita of any other state, Also true.

I am totaly indifferent to your opinions, about anything. A definite fact.

Bash on, to your hearts content. zzzzzzzzzzz

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

eg8r
09-09-2008, 08:09 AM
The queen of earmarks is Hillary. Your revisionist memory is astounding.

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Oh he was telling the truth? Did he say in his book that he is greedily keeping his money to himself without helping out his brother?

You told us in another post that you believed after this came out in the news that Obama would lend a helping hand. Any news of that yet?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Newsflash. Hallary didn't win, she's not the candidate.

Pointless.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Pointless.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzz

DickLeonard
09-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Gayle maybe McInsane has the start of the Ronald Reagan disease he can't remember what he said and when he said it. We don't need another Alzheimer patient in the White House.

Tell them your doing All You Can.####

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Apparently his followers share his infirmity. Neither he nor they, nor his running mate, can remember how he voted, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif but then, as his campaign manager said, the McCain Campaign isn't about the issues. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I guess not!

DickLeonard
09-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Gayle when OBama put Palin family of limits I lost some respect for him. You cannot give Karl Rove any break. I hate to say this but it is the only way to get elected. You must fight Fire with Fire.

Does anyone wonder why Rush Limbaugh was pushing Repubs to Vote for Barack. They perceived Hilliary as the stronger canidate and skewed the Election by having the Weaker Canidate win the Primiary.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Dick,
Obama has to focus on McCain's voting record. mcCain isn't going to get the military vote. He in'st gong to get the pro coice vote, which is the majoirty in this country, he isn't going to get the voted of concerned citizens who have done their homework on Bush's failed policies, and how he set out to deceive the American people. There are many more people who see though him, than don't, IMO.

The polls don't really show McCain as having picked up much. Most of them show obama and McCain withint a few points of one another. The biggest spread is that consistantly 60 to 67 voters think that Biden is more experienced than Sarah. That's surely a fact. The voters do want change, and they are smart enough to know that McCain is trying to steal that mantle from Obama, but his voting record does not support that.

Bob Woodward's book is going to blow a lot of McCain's lies about the surge right out of the water. His statements last night on the Larry King program, about how disconnected Bush really is from his own policy, how seriously unable to lead, how
totally dishonest with the American people, will link McCain right to Bush.

The circumstances with our neglected ports, our vulnerability here at home, the mess in AFghanistan, which shines a spot light on Bush's tremendous mistake in occupying Iraq, wrong war, wrong place, wrong time.

All of this will be the focus on Obama's campaign. There are plenty of people out there that realize the foolishness of the drill baby drill bs. Those people realy showed us how ignorant they are. You can get more oil on the market, faster, by increasing refinery capacity where you'r already set up, than wasting time searching in regions which require greater product transportation, and won't be functioning for years.

It's just plain stupid.

sack316
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dick,
The voters do want change, and they are smart enough to know that McCain is trying to steal that mantle from Obama, but his voting record does not support that.
</div></div>

As I said before, methinks you give too much credit to the average voter. Because a poll I just saw regarding "Who do you think is more likely to bring change" showed the difference between McCain and Obama shrink by 12%. Obviously, some aren't "smart" enough to see it. Obama still leads that by (I think it was) about 13-14 points, but McCain bumped up to about 40% on the change question. 40% saying McCain will bring change is a fairly significant number for a guy that's supposed to be BushII. If voters aren't gonna be fooled, I would think that number would be closer to that "nutty percentage" we hear so much about. Just a thought.

Sack

sack316
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and her queen of the earmarks fame.
</div></div>

[/quote]

But I thought...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All things considered, earmarks are the last of my concerns about America's present circumstances.</div></div>

or did that only apply when Hillary was in the running? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Wait, I know and I'll save you a response. See if I get it right. Ahem. "Right, I said last of my concerns, but never that it was not one of my concerns. And palin's spending, along with her irresponsible choices show how she is not suitable for this office. Just as McSame showed poor decision making in choosing her as his VP. And republicans are always the worst as far a wasteful spending. And (insert something about hillary that is good, and point out how she is not in the race anymore. Point out a negative about Bush. Toss in oil, Iraq. End with a laugh)" ----End future post----.

there saved ya some time. Sorry for condensing it down so much.

Sack

eg8r
09-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Did you wake up and finally figure that out?

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
LOL, sack the more you point out gayle's flip flops the faster you are going to get the pleasure of full ignore. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r