PDA

View Full Version : Reagan Supported The Brady Bill

Gayle in MD
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Charlottesville, Va.: Since his death, many people -- including former Reagan officials -- have reflected on the legacy of Ronald Reagan's presidency. What do you think of that legacy?

James and Sarah Brady: The legacy of Ronald Reagan will live on forever. I, of course, had the wonderful opportunity of working with him and getting to know him personally. A more wonderful person you couldn't meet. I think the coming down of the Berlin Wall will always live in infamy. I treasure his friendship and appreciate so much what he did for me personally and for the issue of reducing gun violence. He supported Sarah and my efforts to pass the Brady Law and the Assault Weapons ban. Jim

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">One more example of how Republicans create a big myth about Democratics. Do you ever har Democratics ever even mentioning guns? I never do, and I spend loads of time watching our government in action.

Just another Rovarian styled myth created to get votes out of the frightened right. It's about as truthful as using the word Mavericks to describe McInsane and his tops per capita EArmark Queen as his VP. Both of them having made great use of many of the same Lobbyists, Sara to ger her exhorbitant earmarks, using a lobbyist who worked with Abramoff, and the K.Street Lobbyist kings who now run McInsane's campaign.

His speech was truly repulsive, given the sheer hypocracy involved.</span>

DickLeonard
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Gayle I was listening to Laura Ingrahm on the radio and she was talking about the gun violence in Chicago during a three month period. It seemed there was 123 deaths, far more deaths than in Iraq.

She is not up to the carnage that the NRA has foisted on US. Most gun homicides on the east coast can be traced to weapons sold by 4 gun shops in the Virgina,Washington DC area. The local police were tracing where the guns were sold and passing the Info on to each other.

Most deaths in the Chicago area probably can be traced to gun shops near there. I hope to hell that the guns used are not traced to the same gun shops in Virgina.

The NRA got a law passed and Signed by George Bush that the police arn't allowed to share this information with other police forces. I guess until we have a Virgina Tech every day of the week nothing will ever be done.####

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Like everything else, Dick, the REpublicans are for everything that makes everything worse, and against everything that could make things better.

Pro-guns, pro-war, pro-out-sourcing, pro-privatisation, pro- unlimited gun sales, pro spreading guns around to radical elements, pro-removing private rights for law abiding citizens, pro-cheap labor, pro-dictation, pro-torture, pro-occupations, pro-nation building, pro-spreading the Radical Islamist movement through faulty policies.

Against food for hungry kids, against aid for our troops, against women's rights, against the separation of church and state, against Check and balances in our government, against science, against conservation, against clean fuels, against higher cafe' standards, against a fair tax policy, against safe food and water, against cleaning up our ocean and waterways, against accountability in general. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I could go on....

SpiderMan
09-09-2008, 09:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Charlottesville, Va.: Since his death, many people -- including former Reagan officials -- have reflected on the legacy of Ronald Reagan's presidency. What do you think of that legacy?

James and Sarah Brady: The legacy of Ronald Reagan will live on forever. I, of course, had the wonderful opportunity of working with him and getting to know him personally. A more wonderful person you couldn't meet. I think the coming down of the Berlin Wall will always live in infamy. I treasure his friendship and appreciate so much what he did for me personally and for the issue of reducing gun violence. He supported Sarah and my efforts to pass the Brady Law and the Assault Weapons ban. Jim

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">One more example of how Republicans create a big myth about Democratics. Do you ever har Democratics ever even mentioning guns? I never do, and I spend loads of time watching our government in action.

Just another Rovarian styled myth created to get votes out of the frightened right. It's about as truthful as using the word Mavericks to describe McInsane and his tops per capita EArmark Queen as his VP. Both of them having made great use of many of the same Lobbyists, Sara to ger her exhorbitant earmarks, using a lobbyist who worked with Abramoff, and the K.Street Lobbyist kings who now run McInsane's campaign.

His speech was truly repulsive, given the sheer hypocracy involved.</span> </div></div>

Apparently you did not listen to, or choose not to remember, Bill Clinton's first acceptance speech encouraging congress to author and forward the Brady bill.

I believe Clinton's exact words were "send me a Brady bill, and I'll sign it". So they did, and he did, and gun owners have been saddled with it ever since.

SpiderMan

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 10:13 AM
That was after Reagan came out in support of the Brady Bill, first of all. Secondly, it doesn't saddle anyone who has a legal right to own a gun, from buying it.

Gayle in Md,

eg8r
09-09-2008, 01:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His speech was truly repulsive, given the sheer hypocracy involved.
</div></div>Why would hypocrisy bother you? Your picture is in the dictionary next to that word.

eg8r

eg8r
09-09-2008, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle I was listening to Laura Ingrahm on the radio and she was talking about the gun violence in Chicago during a three month period. It seemed there was 123 deaths, far more deaths than in Iraq.</div></div>How many of the instances in Chicago were by law abiding citizens? I seriously doubt you are willing to accept the fact that gun laws do not pertain to criminals.

eg8r

wolfdancer
09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Despite all the Republican negatives...are the Democrats, and America in the long run, going to lose this election?
Interesting read on the Huffington post:
frickin lose (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-mckay/were-gonna-frickin-lose-t_b_124772.html)

pooltchr
09-09-2008, 07:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle I was listening to Laura Ingrahm on the radio and she was talking about the gun violence in Chicago during a three month period. It seemed there was 123 deaths, far more deaths than in Iraq.

</div></div>

I would have thought that Chicago's most famous "Community Organizer" might have been able to produce a lower killing rate than an ENTIRE COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR!

Either things aren't that bad in Iraq, or Obamaland is nothing more than a jungle. Which do you suppose it is?

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Since you think it's such a piece of cake in Iraq and afghanistan, perhaps you should go.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2008, 11:25 PM
What a writer.

SpiderMan
09-10-2008, 06:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was after Reagan came out in support of the Brady Bill, first of all. Secondly, it doesn't saddle anyone who has a legal right to own a gun, from buying it.

Gayle in Md, </div></div>

Wrong again. The heavyweight gun-control supporter was Senator Joe Biden, more recently known as the Democratic VP candidate.

Brady bill was first introduced in 1987 by Rep. Feighan and Sen. Metzenbaum, where it gained little acceptance.

In 1991, Sen. JOE BIDEN included the "Brady Bill" as part of an omnibus crime bill.

1992 was an election year. On September 1, 1992, HCI launched a national campaign called "Free the Brady Bill", holding simulataneous press conferences in thirteen states, with the intent of separating the Brady Bill from Biden's package and forcing the presidential candidates to take a position on it. The separated Brady Bill was immediately endorsed by presidential hopefull Bill Clinton, who, after election, eventually signed it into law.

I'm not a single-issue voter, but if I were, as a shooting enthusiast it's always been obvious that my enemies are mainly on the left.

SpiderMan

Chopstick
09-10-2008, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle I was listening to Laura Ingrahm on the radio and she was talking about the gun violence in Chicago during a three month period. It seemed there was 123 deaths, far more deaths than in Iraq.
</div></div>

You can see Laura on TV too. She does the O'Reilly Factor when Bill is on vacation.

You've played the rooms in Chicago. You know it has always been bad. Comparing domestic deaths to Iraq. Three times the number of Americans were killed in their own homes by illegal aliens than were killed in the entire Iraq war during the same time period. One of them tried to kill Spiderman just a couple of months ago.

Deeman3
09-10-2008, 07:24 AM
You guys are mistaken. It is illegal to possess a handgun in Chicago, ergo, there certainly can't be any firearms deaths there.

If we could just make some more laws, to make them more illegal and Mr. Biden happier, the homocide rates would certainly plummet.

Drink the water, get on board here.

Obama-Biden - No guns for citizens.

McCain-Palin - I'll show you how to field dress that moose.

Gayle in MD
09-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I never said that Clinton didn't sign the bill, just that REagan came out in support of the Bill before clinton signed it. Are you trying to deny that? Do you want to ignore all the Republicans who came out to support Brady's wife on her efforts?

Was there ever any legislation that denied you your right to buy and own guns?

It isn't necessary to distort the statement I made. Reagan supported the Brady Bill. I think Brady's wife knows what the hell she's thingking him for.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
09-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Oh well, then I guess the over four thousand dead soldiers don't count then.

What kind of idiot could subscribe to such irrelevant reasoning?

Chopstick
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh well, then I guess the over four thousand dead soldiers don't count then.

What kind of idiot could subscribe to such irrelevant reasoning?

</div></div>

Very simple.

4,000 us. 650,000 them.

We're winning.

eg8r
09-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Not in gayole's mind. There can never be one single positive thing about the war or W uttered from gayle's biased mouth.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-11-2008, 09:18 AM
They weren't the people who attacked us on 9/11, SEVEN YEARS AGO. That leader is still leading the Radical Mislim terrorists, only now he is stronger, more sophisticated weaponry, more franchises around the globe, and many more who have been emboldened by Bush's policies, to join the fight.

Al Qaeda's safe haven is still where is was before 9/11, Pakistan, and flowing into Afghanistan.

We have won nothing. To say otherwise requires that you completely disagree with the findings of 16 National security and intelligence agencies.

Going into Iraq was a huge mistake. None of you can tell me exactly what it is we can win, fighting in a country that was no threat to our national security, while the real threat has grown by leaps and bounds because Bush chose to fight the wrong war in the wrong place.

The policy was wrong. All intelligence says so. Ignore it if you like, bash and insult others who differ, but put some factual, credible, substantive documented information which supports your theory along with your insults.

You can't do it because the policy was wrong and has been damaging to our interests. There is nothing to win in a country that was not involved in our attack in any way, and had no intention of attacking us here at home. Those who did, are still plotting and planning and expanding, proof that the policy was and still is wrong.

Gayle in Md.

LWW
09-14-2008, 04:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you ever har Democratics ever even mentioning guns? I never do, and I spend loads of time watching our government in action.</div></div>
Then why did you mention guns?

Then why did you open this thread?

LWW