PDA

View Full Version : Obama's latest gaffe

pooltchr
09-10-2008, 04:34 AM
During a speech yesterday, Obama made the comment about putting lipstick on a pig...an obvious slam against Palin and her pit bull comment during her acceptance speech. Something tells me we won't hear much about it from the MSM.

Steve

sack316
09-10-2008, 06:31 AM
And what's funny is we don't even know how he meant it, to be honest. I mean, it was probably a poke at Palin masked in a larger poke at McCain's policy changes. it may have been more one than the other, and I'm really not sure which... but he HAD to know how stupid a reference it would be as far as coming back to bite him. It would be akin to McCain saying something about Obama's change and policies, but using the metaphor of dressing up a monkey in a fancy suit... just wouldn't be such a good idea regardless of how one actually meant it.

Sack

Chopstick
09-10-2008, 06:57 AM
It is the beginning of the end for those guys. They blew their lead and they are just going to keep on doing stupid things until in November well have the same old bunch of whining losers we've had to put up with for years.

Maybe the new collider will create a black hole and all the democrats will get sucked into their own private universe. Maybe that will make them happy.

nAz
09-10-2008, 07:39 AM
what did pigs do to deserve such insults?

InTheZone
09-10-2008, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During a speech yesterday, Obama made the comment about putting lipstick on a pig...an obvious slam against Palin and her pit bull comment during her acceptance speech. Something tells me we won't hear much about it from the MSM.

Steve </div></div>

You'd think someone with Muslim influences would stay away from pig issues all together!

cheesemouse
09-10-2008, 08:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During a speech yesterday, Obama made the comment about putting lipstick on a pig...an obvious slam against Palin and her pit bull comment during her acceptance speech. Something tells me we won't hear much about it from the MSM.

Steve </div></div>How wrong can you be? I guess whoever is telling you stuff is not a very good political pundit. You better find some different voices...only minor adjustments of your tinfoil beanie required...

DickLeonard
09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
sack316 I thought he stole Minnesota Fats line about poolplayers in Tuxedos its like Whip Cream on a Hot Dog.####

Chopstick
09-10-2008, 08:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Insults? That's nothing. You should see what I did to a pig last Sunday. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
09-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Another right wing lie.

hondo
09-10-2008, 09:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Insults? That's nothing. You should see what I did to a pig last Sunday. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

I don't want to know!

Deeman3
09-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Hondo,

Welcome back, you get out of those handcuffs already? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical right wing uninformed response, spreading around the McCain campaign's lies. McCain's vicious attempt to smear Obama.

Here is what Obama actually csid:

"Ok wait a minute. Here's what McCain is telling us. Except for George Bush's foreign policy, energy policy, tax policy health care, economic policy, education policy, Iraq war policy and Karl Rove politics, he represent change."

Come on, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

October 11 2007, McCain's was asked about Hillary Clinton's health care plan and here is his response.

"There's many things that concern me about it. It is vaguely, not vaguely, but errily remenicient of that try back in 1993. I think they put some lipstick on the pig, but it's still a pig."

Then, there is Torri Clarke, McCain's first press secretary whose new book is entitled: Lipstick On The Pig

Just more Republican efforts to turn this election, like the last two into a culture class war, and take the collective american vote away from issues, and into the gutter.

Nice that you're so willing to assist them. No surprise.

They're also lieing in their new campaign slander of the week, saying that Obama wants to teach sex education to kids who can't even read yet, in kindergarten. The truth is that he voted to teach children from kindergarten on tactics to us when approached by sexual predators. That ad is accom[anied by McCains' "I approve of this message" tag line.

This man is a liar. He has proven that, over and over. The last liar is still in office, and over four thousand americans are now dead, because of his lies.

This is no hero. This is a slime ball whose own campaign tactics prove his cowardess. Obama should call him to a confrontation. Heros don't hide behind a token woman, degrading women in general in the process, to fight their battles.

There is a sexist in this campaign and it is John McCain.

InTheZone
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another right wing lie. </div></div>

Oh, okay, how mistaken of me. With a name like Barack Hussein Obama, one would think (those with clear thoughts and lack of shortsighedness) that there might be some Muslim connect. My bad, I was so shallow in my thought process.

Maybe we should start calling him Barry again to revive his patriotic image sans the afro and hash pipe.

Gayle in MD
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Your sarcasm does not dispense of the facts. The fact is that Obama is a Christian, who took the oath of office with one hand on the bible, and the other raised to God.

I once knew a man named Peter Glass. It never occured to me that his penis might actually made of glass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Just as I never assumed that George Bush was actually a vagina.

Deeman3
09-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Most of us agree that Obama is not a Muslim and are proud that he swore himslef in with his hand raised to God. I would not question his faith as I would not question McCains or Palins. I am not sure of the other guy in the race but have not heard of him having Muslim ties either. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Please do not confuse a Bush with a Vagina, as I have been told they are different parts of an anatomy. You can shave a bush but the other may just be a little trim. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

InTheZone
09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your sarcasm does not dispense of the facts. The fact is that Obama is a Christian, who took the oath of office with one hand on the bible, and the other raised to God.

I once knew a man named Peter Glass. It never occured to me that his penis might actually made of glass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Just as I never assumed that George Bush was actually a vagina. </div></div>

Your over the top leftest take on everything needs a little right wing seasoning to help make it a bit more palatable. Otherwise it's too bitter on the tongue.

Somewhat paradoxical of you citing his Christianity as a basis for his moral character, but yet you seem to have a problem with religion in general with your other posts?

Also interesting to note your name references were all parts of the human anatomy. Some what do you suppose the name Barak Obama refers to? I'll give you a hint, it's somewhat south of bush going a bit up north to the back!

Gayle in MD
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your over the top leftest take on everything needs a little right wing seasoning to help make it a bit more palatable. Otherwise it's too bitter on the tongue. <span style="color: #000066">No one is forcing you to read it. Take responsibility for your own decisions in life. </span>

Somewhat paradoxical of you citing his Christianity as a basis for his moral character, <span style="color: #000066">I did not cite it as any moral barrometer, I simply corrected the lie you were spreading. </span> but yet you seem to have a problem with religion in general with your other posts? <span style="color: #000066">I don't have a problem with religion, as long as the religious don't continue to try to legislate their philosophies into laws, and criminalize all others whose beliefs and values are different from theirs. I happen to support The Constitution Of The United states Of AMerica, and do not believe that its founders intended the President of the United STates to have a Religious office in our White House. Religion is only as good as the ones who practice it, and when they use it to demonize, criminalize, or dictate, I have a big big problem with that!

Joe Biden this week gave the most honorable, and historically correct view of religion and politics that I have ever heard spoken by a Politicans since Barry Goldwater and John kennedy spoke about religion, and I have written exactly what he said, myself, many times, here. Joe is Catholic, is against abortion as a choice in his own personal choices in his private life, but correctly does not think he has a right to force his opinions on others, according to his personal religious belief system.

Fundalmentalism, however, is quite a different matter, ad there is a great deal of chid abuse involved in that, and also sexual abuse. I do not think a leader should be a person who thinks that God is giving them a mission to kill people, and Sara said that in her church, in so many words, I saw the video when she said it.

Killing, regardless of what religion you believe in, can never be described in Government, as something that is God's will, IMO. That is in line with the fundalmentalists in the radical elements of Islamo-fascists reasoning, and is a dangerous thing for anyy society. </span>
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also interesting to note your name references were all parts of the human anatomy. <span style="color: #000066">yes, as they were about as ridiculous as your excuse of using Obama's name, something which he had absolutely no choice in, to identify his present religion, and values. I would think he would have more about him to discuss than just his name.</span> Some what do you suppose the name Barak Obama refers to? I'll give you a hint, it's somewhat south of bush going a bit up north to the back!
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">The last sentence of your makes no sense to me whatsoever. Perhaps it is the wording. </span>

sack316
09-10-2008, 10:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Typical right wing uninformed response, spreading around the McCain campaign's lies. McCain's vicious attempt to smear Obama.

Here is what Obama actually csid:

"Ok wait a minute. Here's what McCain is telling us. Except for George Bush's foreign policy, energy policy, tax policy health care, economic policy, education policy, Iraq war policy and Karl Rove politics, he represent change."

Come on, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

</div></div>

As I said earlier, the context of what he meant may well have been perfectly innocent. That doesn't change the fact that it was a poor choice of words considering. Shall we call it "poor decision making"? Because regardless how he meant it, (which BTW I actually do believe he was referring to McCain's policies) he HAD to know what a comment like that would bring with it. The heat he's taking should come as no surprise, and also as I said earlier is a poor a choice of a phrase to use as it would be if McCain referenced a chimp in a tuxedo... it would not matter what was intended or what the context was, it would be taken and run with.

Sack

pooltchr
09-11-2008, 04:16 AM
It also seems to be a bit of a campaign blunder. After all, McCain wants to paint Obama as inexperienced. He was forced to change his speech yesterday to try and explain his way out of this one. So once again, he is on the defense rather than offense...not the way to run a campaign.

And I must admit, I was wrong. The MSM was all over this one.
Steve

Deeman3
09-11-2008, 07:20 AM
I thought Obama stood up well in the Oreilly interviews. It was the first hard questioning he has had outside a couple in a debate.

While I won't even agree with him on most social issues, he is a smart man and was wise to do the interviews. Some independents will see him in a better light now.

DickLeonard
09-11-2008, 08:05 AM
IntheCrapper Sadddam Hussein wasn't a Muslim. End of it.####

DickLeonard
09-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Gayle George Bush did turnout to be one.####

Gayle in MD
09-11-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't agree. Last night there were video's of not only McCain, but atleast eight other Republican candidates using the same frequnetly used political expression, putting lipstick on a pig, which always has meant making something look like it isn't as bad as it really is.

McCain used it atleast three time against Hillary. This is a good example of how the REpublican right wing press, blows a nothing into something. Totallt absurd to suggest that there was any sexist sentiment. Even the Republican pundits looked ridiculous last night trying to say that no, they didn't think Obama was calling Palins a pig, but Obama's audience laughed, henc, they thought he meant Palin!!!! Republican pundits and representatives are now able to read the minds of whole audiences.

Palin is going to look very follish after her "whine" comment about Hillary if she continues to play the victim/sex discrimination card. Obama wasn't ever discussing her, he was discussing McCain's support of all things George Bush.

Gayle in Md.

InTheZone
09-11-2008, 09:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IntheCrapper Sadddam Hussein wasn't a Muslim. End of it.#### </div></div>

No, he was just a terrorist. Hey, why don't you go #### yourself!!!!

eg8r
09-11-2008, 11:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I won't even agree with him on most social issues, he is a smart man and was wise to do the interviews. Some independents will see him in a better light now. </div></div>Based on what I have read about him while he was in Harvard both sides of all the discussions or arguments he was in the middle of felt he did a great job of being impartial. I just hope that he would do the same thing when he becomes President (I do think he will win), but we all know with that kind of power he will become even more corrupted.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-11-2008, 01:14 PM
If his intention was to exploit hidden corrupt motives, he would never have chosen the most honest man on Capital Hill as his running mate. He din't make his choice out of who could best advance a sure fired route to winning the election, he chose a man whith the most foreing policy experience in Wahsigton D.C&gt;, who is a favorite of the top military advisors.

There was no fluff, and no drama involved.

With Joe Biden, what you see is what you get. There will be no cherry picking.

eg8r
09-11-2008, 01:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If his intention was to exploit hidden corrupt motives, he would never have chosen the most honest man on Capital Hill as his running mate.</div></div>You have no idea what his intention was on choosing Biden.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he chose a man whith the most foreing policy experience in Wahsigton D.C&gt;, who is a favorite of the top military advisors.</div></div>That same guy he chose had one of the most stupid policies about how to deal with Iraq and it is a good thing it did not happen.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-11-2008, 01:44 PM
It happened in Baghdad, you idiot. It is the basic part of the Surge, separating the warring factions.

You have got to be THE most uninformed citizen in this country.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzzzzz

eg8r
09-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Biden wants to break up Iraq which is the worst idea of all.

I did come across one website that does not seem to have a lot of respect for Biden either. Some interesting stuff in here.
http://www.fpif.org/fpiftxt/5492 I don't know anything about the author so if he is part of the nutty 28% then good for him.

eg8r

Deeman3
09-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Wow, it actually draws Biden out as a warmonger or hawk!

Bobbyrx
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If his intention was to exploit hidden corrupt motives, he would never have chosen the most honest man on Capital Hill as his running mate.

With Joe Biden, what you see is what you get. There will be no cherry picking. </div></div>

Biden Admits Plagiarism in School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'

E. J. DIONNE JR., SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: September 18, 1987

Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., fighting to salvage his Presidential campaign, today acknowledged ''a mistake'' in his youth, when he plagiarized a law review article for a paper he wrote in his first year at law school.

Mr. Biden insisted, however, that he had done nothing ''malevolent,'' that he had simply misunderstood the need to cite sources carefully. And he asserted that another controversy, concerning recent reports of his using material from others' speeches without attribution, was ''much ado about nothing.''

Mr. Biden, the 44-year-old Delaware Democrat who heads the Senate Judiciary Committee, addressed these issues at the Capitol in a morning news conference he had called expressly for that purpose. The news conference was held just before he presided over the third day of hearings on the nomination of Judge Robert H. Bork to the Supreme Court. <span style="color: #33CC00">where he was a complete jerk </span>

To buttress his assertions of sincerity and openness, Mr. Biden released a 65-page file, obtained by the Senator from the Syracuse University College of Law, that he said contained all the records of his years there. <span style="color: #FF0000"> It disclosed relatively poor grades in college and law school,</span> mixed evaluations from teachers and details of the plagiarism.
Mr. Biden, who graduated from the law school in 1968, <span style="color: #FF0000"> was 76th in a class of 85.</span> The file also included Mr. Biden's transcript from his days as an undergraduate at the University of Delaware. In his first three semesters, his grades were C's or D's, with three exceptions: two A's in physical education courses, a B in a course on ''Great English Writers'' and an F in R.O.T.C. The grades improved somewhat later but were <span style="color: #FF0000"> never exceptional.</span> <span style="color: #33CC00"> With these grades it makes one wonder how he got into law school? hmmmmmmm
and as for the most honest man on Capital Hill, well I guess that's not saying much......here is Biden losing his temper at a simple question and telling lie after lie, not one of his claims about himself is true and I would bet the IQ brag is also not true Mister Humble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1j0FS0Z6ho)

(''I exaggerate when I'm angry,'' Mr. Biden said)

</span>

pooltchr
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
He failed ROTC, and yet believed he should have been Commander in Chief???? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

sack316
09-11-2008, 11:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is a good example of how the REpublican right wing press, blows a nothing into something. </div></div>

Which does what? Oh yeah, that affirms my point that he should have known what may come out of such a phrase coming out of his mouth. Or did someone forget to tell him about the "right wing press"? I'll say it now for I think the third time in this thread... unfortunately it doesn't matter what he meant by it, he knows what will be done with such a statement. If he doesn't, he's not as smart as I think he is.

And who cares how many other people have used this common phrase and when. There are no clips of Obama saying it before. He's been criticizing Mccain's policies for some time now, and suddenly he chooses that one... at this time? Please. Best case scenario, he chose his words poorly as he should have KNOWN what the right would do with them

Sack

sack316
09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Wow Bobby, did not know that stuff about Biden, good find. Wonder why this is the first I have heard of this, yet McCain's average at best scholastic accomplishments are so important? They seem like two peas in a pod... well except for even with McCain's low class ranking in the Academy, he passed. And that's probably a little tougher than ROTC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

And how do you make it all the way to law school, and not know the importance of properly citing sources? read again: to LAW school, where the only thing you write that isn't someone else's work is your opinion. And I don't see many first year students being allowed many opinion pieces. Ugh... no biggie.

Sack

pooltchr
09-12-2008, 04:27 AM
I guess our left wing friends on here are waiting for the
DNC to give them their marching orders on how to spin this one before they respond??????
Steve

jayalley
09-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Great post, Bobbyrx !!!

I will use these grades and ,er, achievements to temper the "irrational exuberance" of my Lefty friends who are besotted with this hoary, self-absorbed windbag.

jayalley
09-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Yes, pooltchr, they are all scanning the morning chatter on dailkyKos, MoveOn.org and mediamatters.org for their talking points for today.

Deeman3
09-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Guys, guys....If you start holding these elected officials to these high standards of accademic accomplishment, not stealing their speeches and passing ROTC, we may be forced to admit that Sarah Palin may have more qualifications for POTUS than all of them.

DickLeonard
09-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Bobbyrx all that Record BS is irrelavent until you can present George Bush's College Records,Service Records. Seems like there was no George W. Bush in the Air National Guard. He appeared,dissappeared,then was released from Duty. No physicals,No drug testing etc.

Yet he took it upon himself to send us to War and rejected sound Military Advice because he was the Decider. Cheney who really ran the Show had 5 deferments because he was to Busy, But he did stay at a Holiday Inn.

There was also an IQ bit on Bill Clintons IQ being higher than the two Bushs combined. A bit that never was squelched.####

pooltchr
09-12-2008, 08:08 AM
You guys have spent 7 years telling us that GW is lacking in the mental capacity area. Now you are ready to send an ROTC flunky to Washington. You have to be prepared to have it handed right back to you now.

It's one thing to say GW is bad....but if you can't find a candidate that isn't any better, what's the point? After all the bad mouthing over GW, are you willing to use him as the standard of what is acceptable????????

Steve

sack316
09-12-2008, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bobbyrx all that Record BS is irrelavent until you can present George Bush's College Records,Service Records. Seems like there was no George W. Bush in the Air National Guard. He appeared,dissappeared,then was released from Duty. No physicals,No drug testing etc. </div></div>

Just giving some of the answers here. Mostly gonna be cut and paste jobs, like Biden :):

Bush's SAT score was 1206 (566 Verbal, 640 Math). See the upper-left
corner of his Yale transcript:
http://www.iuptown.com/YaleProtest/bushs_yale_transcript.htm

This web page offers a theoretical conversion of pre-1974 SAT scores to IQ:
http://members.shaw.ca/delajara/Pre1974SAT.html

Based on that conversion chart, Bush's IQ would be about 129.

Another web page, "SQ, IQ, and self-skills in recent US Presidents"
mentions that Charles Murray, author of a book on IQ called "The Bell
Curve," compares a that SAT score to an IQ of about 125.

"On his SAT's, President GW Bush scored 566 verbal and 640 math, for a
total of 1206 (from http://members.shaw.ca/delajara/SATIQ.html ). The
Bell Curve author Murray estimates a 1206 SAT equates to about 125 IQ.
"
http://www.sq.4mg.com/Presidents.htm

" Finally, when it comes to raw IQ, Bush is in the mid-range of
American Presidents. In 1999, Charles Murray and I calculated, based
on Bush's SAT score of 1206 (old-style scoring system), that his IQ
was probably about 125 or a little higher..."
source: Steve Sailer, vdare.com:
http://www.vdare.com/sailer/karl_rove.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There was also an IQ bit on Bill Clintons IQ being higher than the two Bushs combined. A bit that never was squelched.#### </div></div>

Well, allow me to be the first then I guess. Bill's is definitely higher and a very good estimated score of 137. So unless Bush Sr. IQ is only 12 (which I'm sure some of you will say), then the bit is now squelched. There were some rumors once upon a time that Clinton's was around 182, but that was later proven untrue ( http://www.kids-iq-tests.com/famous-people.html the easiest read among many other sources I found ). For another perspective, John F. Kennedy scored 119 and Al Gore scored 137.

And to also be fair, Obama's IQ, while unknown, is generally estimated to be high enough to be accepted into MENSA.

BUT, Joe Biden's is 121. So then again I'm not sure if Bush would be the direction you really wanted to steer this Dick, lest someone may point out that is lower than our current president. And nobody, not even those of us who are not voting Obama/Biden, want to think about that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Deeman3
09-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks, Sack. Nice to see someone present the actual numbers, not guesses.

Bobbyrx
09-12-2008, 11:55 AM
No one was talking about Bush. I was rebutting the claim of Biden being "the most honest man on Capital Hill". And he may well be, but if he is, it sure says a lot about the others.....

sack316
09-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Bobby, go ahead and let him do that if he wants. It still wouldn't hold up well. I mean, even Bush was an "average" C student. From what I see, Biden MAY or may not make that C average... but that would have been thanks to P.E. courses which I'd guess the requirements and course description consisted of dressing out in U of D T-Shirts and gym shorts? Then somehow getting accepted into law school? No wonder the legal profession has become a joke. I won't dare say the man hasn't done well in his professional life, but now learning of this earlier education stuff a lot sure smells funny.

AT any rate, your original point should be a point well taken. But I guess will only be well taken by those who will choose to take it in the first place. More than likely you'll just wind up with responses about Bush or McCain's intellectual and moral background in an attempt to divert attention from the very things they would criticize a McCain for.

Then again, being the most honest man on Capital Hill is probably paramount to being the prettiest pig in lipstick, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Thanks, I'll be here all week.

Sack

wolfdancer
09-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Sack, we may all have done things in our youth, that we wouldn't do today. I graduated magna cum loudly from HS, but no College would even let me on their grounds. I'd rather see you disqualify him on his Senatorial record then for taking the bar exam dressed in shorts and sneakers.
you have to be pretty smart to even be admitted to law school, and while we will all eventually "cross the bar", not everyone that gets a law degree passes the bar. A friend of mine graduated from the prestigious Boalt Hall School of Law, but never did get admitted to the bar. I had another Lawyer work for me in my small business, that was licensed in Co, and Fla, but could not pass the Ca bar. While his essay answers were kerreck, they were still subject to interpretation by the examiners.
Also, at that time, the joke was that with so many lawyers practicing, that pretty soon everybody would have their own lawyer. They began really "toughening up" the exam process.

sack316
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Actually Wolfie, I'm still not disqualifying him at all period. I could actually care less what someone has done in school or in thier past. I, of all people, certainly have no right to judge someone else on those particular merits. BUT I do still feel it has some importance, as it is a part, no matter how small, of the overall picture. McCain's class rankings, and uncaring attitude in general in school sans a few courses he was interested in has been brought up numerous times in regards to him. I simply would hate to see Mr. Biden be left out of the fun.

As I said, I could really care less about those things. I am a much different person now than I was my first go round in college, and that was only ten years in between then and now. But you must see my logic in that if some people feel McCain's scholastic history is a negative on him, then they must as well take account of Biden's in the same way. If Biden's is "no big deal", then neither should McCain's. Simple as that. I just don't like to see people trying to have it both ways (though I will admit from time to time I to try to myself). That's all buddy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 06:27 AM
You can spin it any right wing way you want to, but if you watch the statements in full, there is no way you can continue to say that Obama was talking about anything except ISSUES. Was it a blunder when McCain laughed after a woman in his audience called Hillary a Bi*ch?

McCain has brought the word sleaze to a whole new meaning. That isn't honor.

Even Karl Rove, has come out and said that McCain's accusations againt obama in his latest smearings about sex education, which was really sexual predator education for kids, are not true.

McCain continues to lie over and over. That is not honor, that's just another rich war hawk, no regulations, no unions, no diplomacy, pre-emptive war, idiot, that the rightwing middle class doesn't have enough sense to realize has put them in the mess they're in right now.

You righties really let the Republican smear machine work you, and they have now worked you into an unwinnable war in Iraq, the worst economic mess this country has seen since the crash, a government that doesn't work, and more enemies all over the world.

bin Laden is still free to plot and plan.

Republican policies have put our country into a deep hole. Go on out there and vote for rhetoric and lies, bad policies, and failed government, again. Don't bother reading any books, or doing any research. Put a woman next in line to take over when McInsane totally flips out and has a storke, with no foreign policy experience, the queen of earmarks, and another heavy handed Republican who likes to dictate what is fit to read, fire people who won't do her dirty work, and can't answer a simple question about the lynchpin of Bush's doctrine.

Don't worry, she can see Russia. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Hillary didn't have enough experience, top in her class, on the Watergate investigations staff, after years of public service, seven years as a Senator on the foreign relations committee, six years as a governors wife, running his campaigns, eight years as the president's closest confidant, meeting and working with foreign dignitaries, traveling all over the world, according to all of you here, but the mooseburger does.

BWA HA HA HA....

An honorable contender wouldn't choose a VP who cannot possibly step in and run this country. It was a desperate political move, and in the long run, it's going to come back and bite him in his flat old ass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
09-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Apparently, a great deal of the American publis is buying into the Palin effect or at least now a majority of white women over 40.

The polls have turned in a remarkable way, not just the margins that show McCain ahead in the national polls for the first time but, more importantly, the swing states that were leaning to Obama are now going the other way.

I have a theory that the more they attack Palin (justified in some cases) the more this will swing to her. Things like Charlie Gibson tripping her up on the Bush Doctrine definition would, you might think, get people questioning her readiness but, instead, she is being defended by people who normally don't take sides. The readiness of the Hollywood starlets to bash her just keeps the working Moms stirred up for her. Amazing!

I'm pretty sure that when she goes up against Joe Biden, he'll bring her to tears pretty quickly and, as it worked for Hillary, she may get an even bigger bump from that. Obama still can't focus on McCain as he is too busy talking about Palin.

Was that not a great skit on Saturday Night Live? Tina Fey may help puch McCain and Palin into the White House by herself.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 07:59 AM
McCain's little bump is fizzling. obama is way ahead of him in Ohio, while McCain has picked up some in Michigan. It's still pretty much a dead heat, but the palin bmp, is definitely going to go the way of pop beads, and poodle skirts.

This election is going to be about Iraq, and the Economy, both disasters created by Republicans. The McCain campaign's efforts to spread lies, is starting to become more evident, with even Rove admitting the dishonesty of the lies McCain is spreading. Their attempt to keep Palin away from scrutiny by using this false accusation of sexism, isn't going to work for the long hall. Palin herself bashed Hillary, said she was a whiner, and then tries to hide under accusations of sexism, the campaign saying that until lournalists can approach their little mooseburger with deference, she won't be abailable. BWA HA HA HA, nice try whacko's, but it won't work. Sooner or later we get to put her under scrutiny just like everybody else, and when we do, she's going to flub it big time.

Obama's strength comes from grass roots. That's why he is still outraising McInsane. That's why the polls are deceiving to McInsane's benefit, also. Most of Obama's contributors don't even have home phones. They're young adults, and there are plenty of them.

Petraeus is still out there saying that the surge is not necessarily sustainable, and is tenuous, and reversable, while McInsane continues to say we are winning, the surge has worked.

A gross exaggeration, at best.

People can see the results of Republican policies, spend/spend/ borrow/borrow, bomb/bomb, lie/lie, de-regulate/de-regulate, inflate/inflate.

There may not be enough dummies for McInsane to pull it off this time. People are feeling the results of the Republican redistribution of wealth, upwards, to the richest among us, and they can see that the surge, is a cover up for a welfare program for the insurgents and terrorists in Iraq.

It doesn't count as a success if you have to pay people in Iraq to stop killing our troops. They shouldn't be there at all. It is the most gross abuse of American soldiers in our history.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Spin it any way you like, Republican policies are still at the core of all our urgent problems. Poor judgement. No leadership. No regulation. Corruption. Refusal to accept reality. And McInsane, has supported them whole heartedly. he's hardly one who should talk about reform, whie his campaign is being operated by the biggest lobbyists in Washington D.C., and he has the queen of earmarks, per capita, standing by to hit the red button when he drops over, sheerly on the strangth of her geographic location. He's now trying to tell us that she has more energy experience than anyone in the Unnited STates Of America!

BWA HA HA HA...even saturday night live can't keep /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif up with that kind of comedy!

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Pure fluff. The man has a record of honesty over a long course of service. His foreign policy experience, and his close relationship with the top military commanders, the same eople that this administration refuses to heed, are documented over decades.

McInsane has supproted the failed Bush foreign policies, and also the failed economic policies. McInsane's psychological issues will bring him down, his choice of Palin indicative of them.

DickLeonard
09-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Gayle I saw Matt Damons piece on Palins one heart beat away from the White House and then followed with a poll on who pays attention to Hollywood Celebs. It was 3% to 97% but Matt isn't a Celeb first, he was a Harvard Graduate before going Hollywood. ####

DickLeonard
09-15-2008, 08:36 AM
pooltchr I usually get my talking points from the Charlotte Shopper.####

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
After all the years of proof of his flawed policies, along with all the needless deaths and injuries, are you finally willing to admit that Bush is, and was the decider?

Absolutely no one could have been as bad as Bush, except McInsane.

What do Republican red necks say before they go into the booth?

"Watch this!"

Woodward's new book gives a complete outline of Bush's denial of his failed policies, denial still alive and well in the White House, which were supported fully by McInsane.

You've had eight years of a Republican President, and many more years of Republican majority. We all know their policies, borrow to pay for wars and tax cuts, look the other way past all corporate and illegal immigration abuses, for the corporate bottom line, no bid, no accountability. Greenspan said just yesterday that the country cannot afford McInsane's tax cuts at this time.

Wake up! You sent the biggest flunky to Washington in history. Your party is the party of big spenders, big borrowers, big government, and big recessions. Bashing Democratics is nothing but an attempt to distract from the messes REpublicans have made of this country.

McInsane and the Blood Thirsty, animal killing, Earmark Queen, and all the lying Republicans in the world can't change the facts.

I said he would be the worst president in history, and i was right. That really kills you. Too bad, tough cookie.

Bobbyrx
09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pure fluff. The man has a record of honesty over a long course of service. His foreign policy experience, and his close relationship with the top military commanders, the same eople that this administration refuses to heed, are documented over decades.

McInsane has supproted the failed Bush foreign policies, and also the failed economic policies. McInsane's psychological issues will bring him down, his choice of Palin indicative of them. </div></div>

So a video showing what a condescending, arrogant, blow hard Biden is (as if there was any doubt after the Bork hearings)
and that he is a liar, is pure fluff. Grades and where someone finished in their class sure seemed important when his name was McCain.....

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:44 PM
You're hopeless. McInsane finished third from the bottom of a class he couldn't get into without his da da pulling the right strings, Obama is the man running against him, and his acedemic performance was sterling, far beyond any Republican president in recent history.

Pointless post, AGAIN!

Bobbyrx
09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Did McInsane claim he finished in the top part of his class???? No I believe that was Biden. You brought up the grade crap anyway, so if it's important on one side then it's important on the other....and McInsane didn't McLie about his place in his class

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 02:02 PM
And you have no reliable proof that Biden has lied about it, either.

pooltchr
09-15-2008, 04:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've had eight years of a Republican President, and many more years of Republican majority.
</div></div>

According to you, a majority doesn't mean anything or have the ability to accomplish anything unless it's more than 2/3.

Steve