PDA

View Full Version : More charges Palin Tried Ban on Gay Books?

Gayle in MD
09-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Republican running mate Sarah Palin says she's a reformer, but of what sort we cannot say…

According to sources in Wasilla, Alaska, Palin tried to use her sway as mayor to censor the local library. Though then-librarian Mary Ellen Baker tells ABC News Palin didn't specifically ask her to censor any specific titles, journalist Paul Stuart attests that Baker, who was later fired, had named names. And - surprise! - one of the books had gay themes:

Stuart told PolitiFact that in a conversation with [Baker] after his article ran, she listed three titles. He said he could recall only two, and initially said they were I Told My Parents I’m Gay and I Asked My Sister. We looked for these titles; they don’t appear to exist.

“Mary Ellen told me that Palin asked her directly to remove these books from the shelves,” Stuart said. “She refused.”

Asked later if the first book could have been Pastor, I am Gay, a controversial book written by a pastor who lives just outside Wasilla, Stuart said that was it.

Howard Bess, author of Pastor, I am Gay and former pastor of Church of the Covenant in nearby Palmer, recalls that his book challenging Christians to re-examine their ideas about and prejudices against gays and lesbians was not well received in Wasilla when it was published in 1995 — the year before Palin was elected mayor.
Coincidentally enough, Palin's church at the time, Wasilla Assembly of God, had been campaigning against Bess' book.

These details suggest two things. One, Palin's not so clear on that whole church, state separation. And, two, Palin's easily - and irresponsibly - swayed by outside forces, not a good trait for a politician, national or otherwise.

http://www.queerty.com/reporter-palin-attempted-gay-book-ban-20080910/

eg8r
09-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Good for Palin.

eg8r

DickLeonard
09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Eg8r good for ScienPalintologists.####

eg8r
09-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Good for Palin.

eg8r

wolfdancer
09-13-2008, 06:28 PM
well, just as long as she doesn't take away my stroke magazines /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I wonder if she's elected if it'll be the start of......
"Fahrenheit 451"

LWW
09-14-2008, 04:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Though then-librarian Mary Ellen Baker tells ABC News Palin didn't specifically ask her to censor any specific titles, journalist Paul Stuart attests that Baker, who was later fired, had named names. </div></div>
Do you even read the crap you post.

Interpreted it says:

- We have an accusation.

- The only person who would actually know denies it.

- We don't care, we'll run the accusation as fact anyway. We're moonbats ... that's what we do.

LWW

pooltchr
09-14-2008, 06:56 AM
How about a little fact check here?
Palin never banned any books.
Palin never asked the librarian to ban any books.
Palin never used her position to have any books banned.

Palin DID ask the librarian about the possibility, but nothing was ever done.

This is such BS. If this is the best the Dems can come up with, they are in deep doo-doo!

Steve

LWW
09-14-2008, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a little fact check here?

This is such BS. If this is the best the Dems can come up with, they are in deep doo-doo!

Steve </div></div>
thank you.

It only works if you are dembot.

It's like Clinton using the IRS to audit every political opponent he had in the press was fine but RMN inquiring about using the IRS ... with no actual action taken ... qualifies as a high crime worthy of impeachment.

They have nothing.

They know it.

They don't care.

They will repeat it back and forth it a dembot circlejerk until it becomes taught in the public schools as proof she burned the works of Shakespeare.

LWW

cheesemouse
09-14-2008, 01:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a little fact check here?

Steve </div></div>
thank you.

It only works if you are dembot.

It's like Clinton using the IRS to audit every political opponent he had in the press was fine but RMN inquiring about using the IRS ... with no actual action taken ... qualifies as a high crime worthy of impeachment.

They have nothing.

They know it.

They don't care.

They will repeat it back and forth it a dembot circlejerk until it becomes taught in the public schools as proof she burned the works of Shakespeare.

LWW </div></div>So, now you disavow Rovian tactics??? Dah...game on... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Lets keep the record straight. Palin WANTED to ban books, otherwise, she wouldn't have been looking into it in the first place.

Very important and telling, but not surprising, given she's Republican, and most Republicans have Nazi leanings, and would like to dictate to everyone else according to their personal belief system.

Palin is no idfferent.

eg8r
09-15-2008, 01:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets keep the record straight. Palin WANTED to ban books, otherwise, she wouldn't have been looking into it in the first place.</div></div>She WANTS a lot of stuff but that does not give people like you the right to lie about what really happened. SHE DID NOT TRY TO BAN ANY BOOKS, she was just looking into the options.

eg8r

pooltchr
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets keep the record straight. Palin WANTED to ban books, otherwise, she wouldn't have been looking into it in the first place.

Very important and telling, but not surprising, given she's Republican, and most Republicans have Nazi leanings, and would like to dictate to everyone else according to their personal belief system.

Palin is no idfferent.

</div></div>

Here's the difference between you and me.

I posted the facts based on her actual actions.

You posted your opinion based on what you think she wanted to do.

You just have a way of thinking that your opinions are facts.

Sorry, but that isn't the way life works.

Steve