PDA

View Full Version : Grady Needs Help

02-26-2002, 01:16 PM
This is my first post on CCB. I have been sitting here for about a month just reading the posts and i could not stand it any longer. I think Grady should seek some Professional help with his attitude. So the question is. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS WAY? Does anyone else have the nerve to agree with me?

TomBrooklyn
02-26-2002, 01:24 PM
At the risk of seeming nitpicky, I'd like to point out that you put a poll icon on your post, so I was hoping to opine via poll.

Sorry, I am not prepared to essay on this subject, I only have time to select a choice from a poll. If you chose to take a poll, don't forget to add "other" in case none of your specific choices suit the pollies decision.

rackmup
02-26-2002, 01:24 PM
I don't know about "help" but "forgiveness" is always a good thing.

If one cannot forgive, then "forget" is the second best thing.

In the absense of "forgiving and/or forgetting", then I guess "bitterness" ranks third.

The number 4 spot would include "revenge".

Ken (would rather my enemies believe that I can forgive and forget without appearing bitter while seeking revenge whenever the opportunity presents itself /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif)

cueball1950
02-26-2002, 02:06 PM
agree.no.. but i think grady should stem his anger a little bit. like i told him.. it is not healthy to harbor such ill feelings

02-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Let him alone! It's his problem & he should be able to deal with it as he wishes. If he breaks the Board's rules, the Board deals with him. Obviously he is very passionate about these issues & people & quite frankly that passion is refreshing. If these people have problems with Mr. Mathews then they can seek remedy on their own. The man can out play,out gamble virtually everyone on this Board. That's where his respect lies. He deserves to be left alone. If he's out of line then the Vice President of that particular line should deal with it.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-26-2002, 07:06 PM
I do not agree at all.

If you knew what has conspired in the last 15 years to the Men's Tour, you would at least understand where Grady is coming from .

HarryDC
02-26-2002, 07:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> I don't know about "help" but "forgiveness" is always a good thing.

If one cannot forgive, then "forget" is the second best thing.

In the absense of "forgiving and/or forgetting", then I guess "bitterness" ranks third.

The number 4 spot would include "revenge".

Ken (would rather my enemies believe that I can forgive and forget without appearing bitter while seeking revenge whenever the opportunity presents itself /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif) <hr></blockquote>

Rackmup,

Revenge isn't the christian thing. But helps you sleep very

well at night and sure makes you feel good in the morning.

HarryDC

TomBrooklyn
02-26-2002, 09:39 PM
Actually, Harry, REVENGE is held out as OK in some parts of the Good Book. Take Samson, for instance, who was real big on revenge, and also was a gambling man.

Judges 15-17 has the whole story, but it sums up like this:

The Philistines were pushing the Isrealites around and God wasn't too happy about that. God could be a revengeful guy himself. So the Lord had this plan and started it working through Samson, who had some temper in his own right.

Samson picked a Philistine girl to be his wife. When he appeared for the wedding ceremony, he was given thirty Philistine companions to attend to the groom as was the custom. He challenged the Phils with a riddle, saying "If you can give me the answer within the seven days of the feast, I will give you thirty linen garments and thirty sets of clothes. If you can't tell me the answer, you must give me thirty linen garments and thirty sets of clothes."

They agreed and he told them the riddle which came from another part of the story, but anyway... For three days they could not give the answer, on the fourth day, they said to Samson's wife, "Coax your husband into explaining the riddle for us, or we will burn you and your father's household to death.

Then Samson's wife pestered him until he told her the awnser, which she in turn explained to her people; and before sunset on the seventh day the men of the town told him the solution.

But because they exorted the riddle from his wife, he struck down his 30 Philistine companions, stripped them of their belongings and paid off the townspeople with their clothes.

Later on, Samson went to visit his wife. But her father, figuring that he now hated her, had given her to another man. Thats all Samson needed to hear. For that, he burned up the Philistines grain, vineyards and olive groves. Being a creative fellow, he did it by catching three hundred foxes and tying them tail to tail in pairs, fastening a torch to every pair of tails, and then letting the foxes loose in the standing grain.

When the Philistines found out who had done this dirty deed; they went up and burned Samson's wife and her father to death. What did Samson do? He turned around, attacked them viciously and slaughtered many.

Then the men of Judah became afraid of reprisals from the Philistines; so they convinced Samson to give himself up to them. He agreed to be bound with ropes and turned over. But as the Philistines came toward him shouting, his strengh made the ropes on his arms seem like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands. Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it up and struck down a thousand men.

Then Samson boasted, "With a donkey's jawbone I have made donkeys of them." And then the Isrealites made him leader and Samson led them for twenty years during the days of Philistine Power.

The tale doesn't stop there. Twenty years later he took his final revenge, but thats another story.

<font color=blue> I'm not sure what the point of all this is, except maybe if you see Grady with the Jawbone of an Ass in his hand, get the heck out of the way.</font color=blue>

rackmup
02-27-2002, 12:43 AM
Amen my brother from another Mother!

Ken