PDA

View Full Version : Making 9 In Early Combo And Losing(Rules Q)

Sid_Vicious
09-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm playing this guy 9-ball the other day, I elect to make the 9 off of a 5/9 combination, possible scratch which it did scratch upon making the nine. The guy begins to clear off the table with his hand, I say "That's not a loss of game, 9 is spotted with you having BIH." Now, here's a guy on my league team in 8B, he obviously plays a lot of APA, and I never have played APA.

He says, "What kind of 9ball rules are YOU playing with?, that's a loss scratching on the nine."

IS there a huge difference in APA 9-ball rules, and the loss was a possibility? I never heard of such a thing...sid

Cornerman
09-11-2008, 02:34 PM
It's not a loss of game in APA 9-ball. It spots back up. BIH for the opponent. Fortunately, there should be six other stripes that can be used to substitute for the 9-ball to spot up.

Fred

dg-in-centralpa
09-11-2008, 02:46 PM
It's not a loss of game when I play the tourney at Valley Forge. Show him the standardized rules.

DG

Bambu
09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Not to say it doesnt exist, but I never saw any rule set where a scratch on the 9 was an automatic loss. Sounds to me like the guy hasnt played much 9 ball. The only time its considered a loss is when nothing is left on the table and you scratch on the 9. Maybe thats what he is remembering. Even that wouldnt be an automatic loss, but courtesy is usually given. The only times I have seen courtesy denied is when the stakes and nerves are running high.

av84fun
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
He is confused with some 8 Ball rules where scratching on an attempt to pocket the 8 is loss of game.

(-:

Inoalitl 2
09-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Have to agree with ya! their 84, He has it confused or (maybe the buck stopped there for him,yeah the guy that was rite; GAME IS OVER YOU SCRATCHED ON THE 9 BALL ). Was this a money game that you were winning !? Suggestion :WHEN YOU PLAY: THE FIRST THING THAT YOU DO IS: Always agree on the rules of the game and that YOU BOTH AGREE ON THE RULES OF THE GAME !!> ALL THE WAY TILL THE FINAL BALL IS MADE!!!!> IF A POSSIBLE DOUBT COMES UP: AND THE NEXT SHOOTER DECIDES THAT THERE IS A DOUBT.(OR IN THIS CASE HE WAS RITE) Out of common courtesy LET THE OTHER GUY UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS A DOUBT ISSUE. Don't just decide for your self IT SHOULD BE DISCUSSED AND DECIDED UPON BY THE BOTH OF YOU. Some guys, in some places, do not like that a Hoooo----o Lot and might get Kinda Upset. Think about it!!! I had to once or twice, and decided to let the fool take the game and just leave, no reason to deal with unknowledgeable people Now go break some balls, It's just a game ! and remember: If your good, you win, if the other guy is better ,you lose PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE ! ! ---------------------------------------------- BOB SOMEBODY THINKS HE'S RITE. WHAT AN ARROGANT FELLOW !#@$%^ EXCUSSE MY LANUAGE !

Chopstick
09-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Ball in hand with the 5 out is an automatic loss when your playin' me Sydney. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

What are you complaining about? Just shoot better next time.

Sid_Vicious
09-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Me too, if I can have the 5 wild. My game's just about that bad. :-( sid