PDA

View Full Version : Hey Deeman!

dg-in-centralpa
09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Deeman,
Here's a link to my new toy. I'm picking it up in the morning. I can't outrun yours, but they are fun. This drives smoother than my other one.

DG

http://www.concordmotorsport.com/detail-1963-chevrolet-sting_ray-matching_numbers-1061531.html

Chopstick
09-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Whoa..Nice! I want one.

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2008, 05:55 AM
C'mon up to my neck of the woods and we'll go for a spin.

DG

DickLeonard
09-12-2008, 07:09 AM
DG I can't believe we can make a cotter pin that can hold the steering together and everyone wants a foreign car. I 'll be looking for it in the Palm Spring Auto Parade.####

Deeman3
09-12-2008, 07:12 AM
DG,

Wow, can we get a couple of Amish Strippers to go with that? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I am trying to get DeeWoman to trade her '95 for an earlier Vette. As gas prices go up, there seems to be a few more available.

DG, you are a man of taste! Do not ever let that baby get away from you. I'm talking about the car and Mrs. DG! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Have fun my friend and save me a ride.

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2008, 09:26 AM
####,
I had a 1960 corvette years ago and sold because I needed money. I've regretted it ever since. Since the stock market is going crazy, I looked for a different way to invest money. This is 98% original with 64K miles. You just may find me there.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Deeman,
With this kind of car, you don't worry about gas prices. If you want an earlier corvette, I know of a 1966 coupe that is drivable but needs some work. How much? I don't know. I haven't seen it, but the guy is asking 30K. This is about half of what they are worth. If you have the time to do the work, it'll be a great investment for you and those are fun to drive as well.

DG

Deeman3
09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
DG,

Thanks but after all these years, I'll just let her pick up one that seomone else has already finished the hard work on. I used to be willing to spend the time on projects like this but I enjoy spending my free time riding my bikes and other simple stuff. I really hope she does not drag one home as I am afraid she will just let it sit and collect dust. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

She looked at a nice '58 that was almost done and will probably go back and look when it is completely restored but who knows. I am just asking that anything we buy now does not require hay, dogfood or a saddle. Her present Corvette is like a forgotten deal as the last time I started it, the battery had to be charged!

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2008, 10:53 AM
You need to drive it. Bring it up north along with Deewoman, I'll get Mrs DG, and we can drive up north in PA. when the leaves change. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

DG

wolfdancer
09-12-2008, 12:02 PM
nice, but how many miles does it get to a gallon????
With the price of gas, I'd only drive that on Sunday-go-to-meeting, or a "Bears" home game, and hope that the Amish can get their horse and buggy out of my way.
Great car DG...I'd give me left...well maybe the right...

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Wolfie,
No politics allowed on this one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif This would fit with the Amish. I once worked with an Amishman who had an 8 track tape player hooked up in his buggy. He had a car battery under his seat. It's not how many miles per gallon, but how many gallons per mile. This is a fair weather car only.

DG