PDA

View Full Version : Pool on TV

jht1953
09-12-2008, 09:56 AM
I recently got a HD-DVR so I can record pool on TV. It's great, I can watch at any time. I can slo-mo etc. I have one issue, now don't get me wrong, I love the coverage and commentary, but...when they show a player lining up his shot, they zoom in on his/her shot, or his/her face, I wish they would sometimes keep the players entire body on the screen so you can really get a good look at their stroke, maybe a split screen? I don't know, any opinions?

Bambu
09-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I dont think the money is quite there yet for split angles and table pocket cameras(yet). But, its still beats accustats tapes on VHS. At least there are some good 9 ball matches on these days, every day at 10AM on ESPNC.

Rich R.
09-12-2008, 06:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jht1953</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently got a HD-DVR so I can record pool on TV. It's great, I can watch at any time. I can slo-mo etc. I have one issue, now don't get me wrong, I love the coverage and commentary, but...when they show a player lining up his shot, they zoom in on his/her shot, or his/her face, I wish they would sometimes keep the players entire body on the screen so you can really get a good look at their stroke, maybe a split screen? I don't know, any opinions? </div></div>

Keep in mind,the matches shown on TV are not meant to be instructional videos. They are for entertainment. What you are looking for would only be interesting to players. They geer the shows to both players and non-players alike.