PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ike

DickLeonard
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I am willing to bet that it doesn't the Boob 10 Days for the Fly over. I am hoping for a Katrina type storm to hit Texas this is Louisana turn to see how the Texan Screwed them.

He will never be able to alter History. Your doing a Great Job Brownie.####

Deeman3
09-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Dick,

In all due respect for the Texans, they probably won't wait for someone to come "rescue" them.

PoolFool
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
What kind of a person wishes a Katrina type storm will hit Texas or any place for that matter. I hope we meet one day.

Pool fool

pooltchr
09-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I have to agree with Poolfool. That's a pretty sick post, even for you, Dick.

Steve

jayalley
09-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Dick, I now defer to your pool talent and refrain from attacking you. But, the guys above are correct. Your statement is something that we usually only see from Gayle in Md......ugly, mean spirited, and totally hypocritical as a self-described liberal do-gooder.

DickLeonard
09-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Jayalley I thought GEorge Bush's absence on Katrina was mean spirited. Miss and Louisana"s are still not taken care of. But a forest fire in California rich settlement and George is right there.

My words are only mean spirited if GWB goes to TExas if he follows his Katrina absence then I miss judged him.####

sack316
09-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Dick, you had to mention the Cali thing. Whoever was dumb enough to build their homes in such an area deserves to get it burned down. Most of those areas are not a matter of "if" fire would impact their lives, but when. As mean as it sounds, I have very little sympathy for them... just as I don't for people who ignore mandatory evacuations, especially when the warning consists of "facing certain death". It's like a wrecking ball heading for your head, and your buddy says "hey, you should take a step to either side", and you just say "nah, think I'll just hang right here". I don't get it.

I'd never wish death or suffering on anyone. But in some instances my sympathy factor is greatly reduced when stupidity is involved.

Sack

pooltchr
09-13-2008, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd never wish death or suffering on anyone. But in some instances my sympathy factor is greatly reduced when stupidity is involved.

Sack </div></div>

Like the old joke...What are the last words a redneck says before he dies? Hey, Y'all...Watch THIS!!!!

Steve

sack316
09-13-2008, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Like the old joke...What are the last words a redneck says before he dies? Hey, Y'all...Watch THIS!!!!

Steve </div></div>

If you've ever happened to watch Country Fried Home Videos, you get to see that joke in action /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Looks like there were plenty enough of them who refused to leave, just like before, with Katrina, and they're now beggin for rescue, and this time the warnings were even more pronounced.

The stupidity comes in when people build houses along a hurricane prone coastline. Just plain stupid. Once they get wiped out, if they're right on the coast, they shouldn't let them rebuild at all, IMO.

DickLeonard
09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
sack316 I don't know if Calif is Stupid or a 10 year drought. I do know that Florida gets the most Fema money.

I do concur we your assessment of the stupidity factor.####

Deeman3
09-15-2008, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like there were plenty enough of them who refused to leave, just like before, with Katrina, and they're now beggin for rescue, and this time the warnings were even more pronounced.

<span style="color: #FF0000">But Gayle, is that not a big part of the Darwin Effect? Those who are too stupid to get out of the way are taking oout of the breeding chain, therefore strengthening the genetics of the ones who are smart enough to leave? </span>

The stupidity comes in when people build houses along a hurricane prone coastline. Just plain stupid. Once they get wiped out, if they're right on the coast, they shouldn't let them rebuild at all, IMO.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I agree, and have said this for years, the people who build on hills in California, the basin in New Orleans and in the direct path of storms on the coast as so surprised when they are wiped out. We help them rebuild and it happens over and over. Now, after Kartina, every storm will have them water skiing in the hurricanes and waving for help from rooftops while they could have easily driven out a few days before.

Maybe some places are just not worth salvaging. </span>

</div></div>

sack316
09-15-2008, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sack316 I don't know if Calif is Stupid or a 10 year drought. </div></div>

The houses a top those hills wouldn't matter drought or no drought. The tops of those hills wouldn't hold much moisture anyway. The steps it takes to build those communities and large estates on top of them only further this runoff (ie removing trees, vegetation, etc.). It could rain all it wants to, those particular locations would need no more than one well struck lightning bolt and we'd still be seeing the same thing.

Sack--- is getting to study environmental science en route to his business degree /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
09-15-2008, 10:20 AM
natural selection at it's finest, good sir /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 10:22 AM
And some places are not good for drilling, for the same reasons. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif