PDA

View Full Version : IT problem

Chopstick
09-12-2008, 05:23 PM
IT (Information Technology)

Last night I am on a conference call with my customer. One of the major retail jewelry chains. We are doing another server migration as we have been doing for weeks. The CFO calls into the bridge because all of the IT management is on the phone with me. He was just going over the sales numbers for the day and all of the numbers for the stores in south Texas are low and he thinks that there is something wrong with the computers.

Well, of course it's an IT problem!

All that UNIX spinning around out there in the Gulf Of Mexico and ALL THOSE PEOPLE RUNNING FOR THEIR LIVES DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO STOP AND BUY DIAMONDS ON THEIR WAY OUT OF TOWN!!!

Yes, it happened. A CFO sitting in his office at eleven o'clock at night lookin' at numbers, "Oh this can't be right. Git them IT guys on the phone. What have they screwed up now?"

Yeah, I'll get right on that root cause analysis for ya'.

WTF! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Chopstick,
Back in the early 90's, I had a record store in a shopping center. We had 4 blizzards in three weeks. One third of the center collapsed under the weight of the snow. The owner pushed all the snow to the front of the parking lot, which made it impossible to see the center from the road. People didn't know if it was open or not. Two entrances and one was closed by construction equipment. People were out of work due to snow, as other buildings had collapsed. The owner couldn't figure out why I couldn't pay my rent. When you need food on the table or fuel for heat, cd's/tapes/records are the least important. We ended up suing each other. He got less than he wanted, but more than I wanted to give. The landlord was from another state and they hardly had any snow. The higher ups only look at the bottom line and don't figure in the extenuating circumstances.

DG

Chopstick
09-15-2008, 08:30 AM
One of the things that made this so funny is the guy who said it was located in Dallas Tx. The hurricane was about to hit him and he didn't even think about it.

We all just laughed and shook our heads.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Texas, huh? Didn't even know the hurricane was on its way, huh? No surprise here! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif