PDA

View Full Version : custom pool table

morbiddevil82
09-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Hello everyone. I am new here. Been trying to find a forum to post this on. For the last few months I have been slowly working on a project for my pool table. First of all its a pool table that I had bought from someone on craigslist for $200. It is real slate, so that was a pretty good deal. The condition of it was pretty decent. Stickers on the sides and a couple small tears in the felt. Thus, I decided I was going to refinish it and refelt it. Along the way, I had thought of some neat ideas. Now... I am a person who likes led's in basically everything, and they have to be blue. So I thought of a few things (and this is a work in progress)...

First would be making all the diamond markers around the pool table light up. Not useful really but I figured it would look great. Well, like I said, this is a work in progress and this is only one idea. This is what I have done so far.. comments are always welcome /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/robertm31982/Pool%20Table%20Project/Picture3029.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/robertm31982/Pool%20Table%20Project/Picture3027.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/robertm31982/Pool%20Table%20Project/Picture3023.jpg

dont mind the tape. it is just there so I can get the diamonds out so I can paint it.

Please let me know what you think.

Rich R.
09-13-2008, 07:34 PM
I think I would find that lighted diamonds distracting, but it is your table. Whatever floats your boat is fine with me.

Since this is your thing, you may want to get them ramdomly blinking off and on. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Bambu
09-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Looks pretty cool, but I would be sure to install an on/off switch.

morbiddevil82
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bambu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks pretty cool, but I would be sure to install an on/off switch. </div></div>

definitely doing that. Sorry forgot to mention that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Artemus
09-14-2008, 05:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: morbiddevil82</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bambu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks pretty cool, but I would be sure to install an on/off switch. </div></div>

definitely doing that. Sorry forgot to mention that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I think you should also build a strobe into it with a remote to turn on while an opponent is shooting at your house, especially if it's for MONEY. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

morbiddevil82
09-15-2008, 09:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Artemus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: morbiddevil82</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bambu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks pretty cool, but I would be sure to install an on/off switch. </div></div>

definitely doing that. Sorry forgot to mention that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I think you should also build a strobe into it with a remote to turn on while an opponent is shooting at your house, especially if it's for MONEY. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

haha...GREAT IDEA!!

im going to work that into it :P

DeadCrab
09-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, I am of the opinion that the current rules governing diamonds are too restrictive regarding their visibility.

I think if you are down on a shot, with your "face in the felt", then you should be still able to see the diamond. I had thought of using raised diamonds and putting the mark on the cushion, but I hadn't thought of lighting it up.

Good luck with your project. You might want to try some different color LEDs. The white ones (which are really blue) are kinda harsh to my eye.

BigRigTom
09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Great Idea.
How about using fibre optics, that way you only use one bulb.
That is the way the highlights work on my jacuzzi and it is a GREAT idea there.

If the bulb burns out you only need to replace the one bulb and that bulb can be just about anywhere you choose as long as your have fibre optic long enought to reach the point to be allumninated.