PDA

View Full Version : is snopes reliable? or biased?

sack316
09-14-2008, 03:44 AM
I enjoy looking at snopes. Always a pretty good read to find out about urban legends and crazy stories. But tonight I came across a snopes article that goes over an email titled "Obama's 50 lies". One such "lie" mentioned was "I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - LIAR, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first."

The snopes response was "Senator Obama never stated categorically that he would not run on a national ticket in 2008. He at one time said that he had "no plans" to run for national office in 2008, the standard response virtually all politicians give to press inquiries when they have not yet formulated (or do not wish to reveal) their plans for upcoming elections."

Yet an easy find for me, the unpaid politically interested person who's job isn't finding stuff like this, was an interview on Meet the Press with Tim Russert around January 2006 where part of it went like this:

Mr. Russert: (From videotape) So you will not run for president or vice president in 2008?

Mr. Obama: (From videotape) I will not.

Now if that's not categorically saying that he would not run on a national ticket in 2008, then I don't know what is. I emailed snopes about this, and will await a response. I know this isn't really a big deal, but that site has debunked A LOT of Obama myths... and eventually one must wonder...

Sack

LWW
09-14-2008, 09:02 AM
They do seem to have a slant.

The messiah has a lot of people toting water for him ... and is still losing.

LWW