PDA

View Full Version : I Just Need A Little Advice Here...

08-12-2002, 01:02 PM
I've been playing pool for years now, and I'm finally beyond the days of not knowing what's going to happen when I hit the cue ball. So as I'm becoming more advanced, I'm learning new tricks of the trade. But one of them has seemed to elude me despite hours of experimentation. I've seen professionals consistently make the 1 ball in the far side pocket on the break in 9-ball, but after trying to imitate them at every possible angle (with & without english, backspin, follow, etc.) the 1 ball never comes back towards me enough to go in. Any suggestions???

~Dave

08-12-2002, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DaveH:</font><hr> I've been playing pool for years now, and I'm finally beyond the days of not knowing what's going to happen when I hit the cue ball. So as I'm becoming more advanced, I'm learning new tricks of the trade. But one of them has seemed to elude me despite hours of experimentation. I've seen professionals consistently make the 1 ball in the far side pocket on the break in 9-ball, but after trying to imitate them at every possible angle (with &amp; without english, backspin, follow, etc.) the 1 ball never comes back towards me enough to go in. Any suggestions???

~Dave <hr></blockquote>

do what they do, or have been forced to do, rack with the 9 on the spot instead of the 1.

no, i'm not kidding.

dan