PDA

View Full Version : debate

Bobbyrx
09-15-2008, 11:54 AM
If McCain is indeed a senile, short fused, lieing, low down, stupid, old imbecile and Obama is the smooth, articulate, "clean", smart, young, brilliant, etc ad nauseum..............why will he not debate McCain in a town hall format with no teleprompters?

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Because he doesn't have to let McCain call the shots, when he's the star. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

sack316
09-15-2008, 12:25 PM
I would think that to be the perfect forum for him to call out McCain to answer for all these lies on the spot. No time for thinking, no time for workers to spin. I would actually think such a format SHOULD benefit Obama whom I would guess would be quicker on his feet anyway. I'd guess /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I would think that Obama doesn't have to let McCain call the shots in his campaign. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

sack316
09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
no, obviously he doesn't. But I would think he's pounce on any opportunity that may gain himself an advantage. Were he to go with this on McCain's ideas, in the format he called for, and then trounced him in it... well that would be just huge for him.

If he doesn't do it for the reason you say... well you call it not letting McCain call the shots, I call it possibly cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Naturally you would, given your crippled partisan reasoning. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

He doesn't have to. He's outraising mcInsane, left and right, raising money from thousands and thousands of people every hour. Screw John McInsane! Let him eat cake.

sack316
09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
that's not partisan reasoning, that reasoning period. He can outraise all he wants-- he's currently behind in the polls... which is what I think matters if I'm not mistaken.

I'm all for the man doing it his way and on his terms. Good for him. I don't know what's best, if I did I'd be a campaign manager somewhere. But I do know going in there and ripping McCain a new one on his own turf would do some great damage, don't ya think? Only you would take that and call it "crippled partisan reasoning"... arguing for the sake of arguing about this just because I said something and happen to be republican? When what I said was actually logical reasoning... statements exploring the possible benefit of such a format for YOUR guy. Wow, you're just looking for stuff today I guess. An example of "crippled partisan reasoning" would be if I said "oh, he don't be do it cuz he scared... he scared...". That's crippled partisan reasoning. My reasoning was just that... reasoning, Which is something that has been seriously lacking today.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:09 PM
He doesn't have to let McInsane call the shots. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif That's my reasoning, and too bad Bush didn't realize that when he started quoting bin Laden. Typical Republican failure to reason propperly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

cheesemouse
09-15-2008, 01:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If McCain is indeed a senile, short fused, lieing, low down, stupid, old imbecile and Obama is the smooth, articulate, "clean", smart, young, brilliant, etc ad nauseum..............why will he not debate McCain in a town hall format with no teleprompters? </div></div> You forgot that Mc also has gluteusmaximusplasty /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

InTheZone
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He doesn't have to let McInsane call the shots. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif That's my reasoning, and too bad Bush didn't realize that when he started quoting bin Laden. Typical Republican failure to reason propperly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Not wanting to do a one on one debate with no teleprompters is a chicken$**T way of letting the voters know where you stand on any given topic. Let's face it, Obama is afraid in this scenario with no prompting or canned response, and your remark to soft sell it on not allowing your opponent to call the shots is as ludicrous as can be made. If the shoe were on the other foot (Obama wanting it and McCain not), you would be ranting about this because it wasn't in your party's favor.

You call this your reasoning which in is somewhat oxymoronic since this contains no reasoning whatsoever.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Actually, chickenSh*tting is when a candidate who is supposedly, in a "zone of silence" is actually listening to everything in advance in his limo.

Obama doesn't have to let McInsane call the shots. McInsane has crafts disease, and hence, he is no threat. When he does speak, he's lying. He will debate McInsane three times before we vote. Showing up for McInsane's lies in person, isn't necessary.
Canned Response, BWA HA HA HA....the man has been in front of hundreds of thousands more people than McCain has spoken to. McCain couldn't even handle himself on "The View! He lied non stop! He was called a liar, and lied again!

If his lips are moving, he's lying. Some hero! The entire Republican Convention was nothing but lies.

As for reasoning, that's a subject that no staunch right wing Republican I've ever come across can discuss with any propriety, that's for sure! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

InTheZone
09-15-2008, 01:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, chickenSh*tting is when a candidate who is supposedly, in a "zone of silence" is actually listening to everything in advance in his limo.

Obama doesn't have to let McInsane call the shots. McInsane has crafts disease, and hence, he is no threat. When he does speak, he's lying. He will debate McInsane three times before we vote. Showing up for McInsane's lies in person, isn't necessary.
Canned Response, BWA HA HA HA....the man has been in front of hundreds of thousands more people than McCain has spoken to. McCain couldn't even handle himself on "The View! He lied non stop! He was called a liar, and lied again!

If his lips are moving, he's lying. Some hero! The entire Republican Convention was nothing but lies.

As for reasoning, that's a subject that no staunch right wing Republican I've ever come across can discuss with any propriety, that's for sure! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
</div></div>

Saw a great bumper sticker today, "McCain Hero, Obama Zero.

I think that says it all since you seem to be compensated here by the word. At 8284 postings and all the words behind them, one would suspect their heads would begin to burst.... Keep up those postings!!!

Bobbyrx
09-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't blame them for not debating McCain and to keep doing that tightly scripted, don't ablib anything campaigning that Obama is doing. Because they know that all the things that they are putting out there about McCain are groundless and that they are scared to turn Obama loose on his own and let people see who he really is...... breathilizer for kids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbpWonUzlrc)

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I intend to. I have to keep proving what a liar your hero is, although there are plenty of others doing that daily, I know you don't read/watch any of them.

John McInsane doesn't get to run the country just because he happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, decades ago. Nust as Palin doesn't get to be second in command, just because she failed to use birth control at a time when there were huge odds that an innocent baby would have to pay the price for her sexual misadvantures and irresponsibility.

dad8
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I think Obama should face McCain on McCains terms.If Obama is who he says he is then he can only gain.Maybe he should let Hilliary stand in since she has his balls....

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Pointless post. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzzzz

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I think you have it a bit backwards. It's the McInsane campaign that has been lying non stop, not Obama.

http://www.factcheck.org

dad8
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Pointless I don't like either side...I just think that there is know reason why Obama shouldn't debate on the terms.I think by standing up he can only improve is chance at office.If McCain is what Obama claims then he has nothing to loose.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
And what do you think Obama claims that McCain is? obama has addressed all the lies the McCain campaign has told. the lies have been documented, over and over, and McCain and palin, continue to lie. Is that what you want in the While House, more liars?

Obama is on the right side of the issues. McCain has supported all the failed Bush policies, and flipped on his former maverick stances, just to get elected. He's proven over and over he is not a man of integrity, but nothing but another common Republican mud slinger, just like George Bush, with a history of acting badly.

My hope is that enough Republicans have already seen the light on Republican policies, and given the mess this country is in, they surely should have.

http://www.factcheck.org

All the lies are easily documentable, unless, of course, you are afraid of facts.

InTheZone
09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I intend to. I have to keep proving what a liar your hero is, although there are plenty of others doing that daily, I know you don't read/watch any of them.

John McInsane doesn't get to run the country just because he happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, decades ago. Nust as Palin doesn't get to be second in command, just because she failed to use birth control at a time when there were huge odds that an innocent baby would have to pay the price for her sexual misadvantures and irresponsibility. </div></div>

All you need is a brown shirt and start learning to speak in German, then you will finally come into your own.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Another pointless post... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzzz

Bobbyrx
09-15-2008, 03:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John McInsane doesn't get to run the country just because he happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, decades ago. Nust as Palin doesn't get to be second in command, just because she failed to use birth control at a time when there were huge odds that an innocent baby would have to pay the price for her sexual misadvantures and irresponsibility. </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">True enough, just as Obama doesn't get to run the country because he's black and articulate and Biden doesn't get to be second in command just because he got 1% of the primary vote, flunked ROTC,plagiarized a speech and got a really bad hair transplant </span>

pooltchr
09-15-2008, 04:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another pointless post... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzzz </div></div>

I''m not sure. Is this how you react when you don't have a reply to someones fact based posts.....or are you just doing some self analysis of your writing????????

Steve

sack316
09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I was worried when I had to leave for an interview and school today... but it seems ya'll held it down quite well. Brings a tear to my eye, if I was capable of emotion that is.

Not one, but two of the going to sleep responses. That means you done good

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-03-2009, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John McInsane doesn't get to run the country just because he happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, decades ago. Nust as Palin doesn't get to be second in command, just because she failed to use birth control at a time when there were huge odds that an innocent baby would have to pay the price for her sexual misadvantures and irresponsibility. </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">True enough, just as Obama doesn't get to run the country because he's black and articulate and Biden doesn't get to be second in command just because he got 1% of the primary vote, flunked ROTC,plagiarized a speech and got a really bad hair transplant </span> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Oh but Obama is running the country, and Biden IS the Vice President, and I'd say that after watching the behavior at the Republican Town Hall Meetings, Obama was pretty damn smart to avoid them altogether, since they would have amounted to nothing more than ignorant RW idiots on parade.

Kind of nice, this flash back to the ignorant RW posts from 08. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Sev
10-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Nice to know we dont have to flash back to see your continuing posts.

Nothing new hear.

Move along.

Gayle in MD
10-03-2009, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice to know we dont have to flash back to see your continuing posts.

Nothing new hear.

Move along. </div></div>

Uh, that would be "here" not hear, and what is new is that you were all wrong, and Obama won.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
10-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Oh yes he won.
However he appears to be loosing on all fronts.

The silent majority is now awake and voicing their opinion. I know that can be unsettling to peoples world view as they thought they were virtually alone in the room.

Gayle in MD
10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yes he won.
However he appears to be loosing on all fronts.

The silent majority is now awake and voicing their opinion. I know that can be unsettling to peoples world view as they thought they were virtually alone in the room.

</div></div>

He isn't losing anything. The Republicans are not the majority. This post, as usual, is more of your wishful thinking. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
10-03-2009, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
He isn't losing anything. </div></div>

He's losing on the economy. Stimulus was supposed to cap unemployment at 8%. So stimulus was in essence, a failure.

Cash for clunkers helped the car makers for a month. Now that it's gone, they are losing money again. That was nothing more than a big band-aid.

Looks like he is losing his cornerstone "public option" in healthcare, and may lose the entire program.

Looks like he's losing some of the support he had from members of his own party.

He lost the olympics for Chicago. (Oh, I'm sorry, that was Bush's fault, wasn't it!)

Yeah, he's running the country. He just can't seem to accomplish anything!

Something tells me that with a large number of his 2008 supporters out of work, his team is going to have a hard time holding on to what they have.

But there will always be that nutty 28% who think he is doing a good job.

You're not alone....just a small minority.

Steve

Sev
10-03-2009, 03:00 PM
And yet no legislation is being passed with both houses in control of the Dems.

Odd dont you think???

Sev
10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
It should be interesting to see what he decides in Afghanistan. His indecisiveness in the matter is appalling.
He can go stump for the Olympics but not give the generals on the ground the support he is asking.

After all this is supposed to be the good war.

I suspect he is gauging the acceptable losses prior to pulling the plug to save his political career.

Of course he does not believe in victory so that should be worrisome to say the least.

Also having advisers stating they should shoot down Israeli jets if a strike is attempted on Iran is not helping his credibility either.
Of course Israels Dolphin class subs could take care of the problem before anybody could respond.

pooltchr
10-03-2009, 05:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It should be interesting to see what he decides in Afghanistan. His indecisiveness in the matter is appalling.
He can go stump for the Olympics but not give the generals on the ground the support he is asking.

After all this is supposed to be the good war.

I suspect he is gauging the acceptable losses prior to pulling the plug to save his political career.

Of course he does not believe in victory so that should be worrisome to say the least.

Also having advisers stating they should shoot down Israeli jets if a strike is attempted on Iran is not helping his credibility either.
Of course Israels Dolphin class subs could take care of the problem before anybody could respond. </div></div>

didn't he actually express sympathy for Japan that they had to endure the humiliation of signing a document of surrender in 1945????????

Steve

Sev
10-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Dont know about that.

wolfdancer
10-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I googled and can't find any reference to that...
Why don't you either provide a link, or admit you made it up to....whatever you made it up for. Maybe a thermal inversion up there in big bubba country is keeping the tobacco fumes from dispersing into the atmosphere, and causing the locals to hallucinate??? (it don't take much)

wolfdancer
10-03-2009, 10:35 PM
"Brzezinski plays no role in the Obama administration; the White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

"UPDATE: Russian President Dmitriy Medvedev told CNN that Israeli President Shimon Peres assured him that Israel would not attack Iran."

"This is the worst thing that one can imagine," Medvedev said. "What would happen afterwards? A humanitarian catastrophe, a huge number of refugees. And Iran would want revenge, and not only over Israel, but over other countries as well. The events in the region would become completely unpredictable. I think the scope of such a disaster would not be comparable to anything. Therefore, before taking the decision to launch any attacks, you need to think the situation through. It would be the most irrational way to deal with the situation. But my Israeli colleagues told me they do not plan to do that. And I trust them."`

I checked this out with Sarah Palin's campaign manager and advisor, Snidely Whiplash
http://www.toonopedia.com/dudley.jpg