PDA

View Full Version : Good Example Of Why The Rich Get Richer...

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
And how all the rst of us end up paying for it. Don't tell me they pay their fair share of taxes, Pahleeeeze!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/06/busine...bdc1&ei=5087%0A (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/06/business/worldbusiness/06tax.html?em&ex=1212897600&en=6754e8caac60bdc1&ei=5087%0A)

Weahthy AMericans Under Scrutiny In UBS Case:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One afternoon in April, six dozen wealthy Americans were entertained at a luncheon party in Midtown Manhattan, along with a special guest from Paris: Henri Loyrette, the director of the Louvre.

The host of the exclusive gathering was the Swiss bank UBS, whose elite private bankers built a lucrative business in recent years by discreetly tending the fortunes of American millionaires and billionaires. As the wine flowed and Mr. Loyrette spoke of the glories of France, UBS bankers courted their affluent guests.

But now, as the federal authorities intensify an investigation into offshore bank accounts, the secrets of this rarefied world are being dragged into the open ó and UBSís privileged clients are running scared.

Under pressure from the authorities, UBS is considering whether to divulge the names of up to 20,000 of its well-heeled American clients, according to people close to the inquiry, a step that would have once been unthinkable to Swiss bankers, whose traditions of secrecy date to the Middle Ages.

</div></div>

Read the rest at the link above.

DickLeonard
09-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Gayle I am seriously tinking of putting Deeman up for President even dho it is too late.####

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
He won't accept the nomination. He doesn't want to give up his ties to the Oil Industry! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
09-15-2008, 01:23 PM
It is a shame the Swiss can no longer be trusted.

eg8r

Deeman3
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
"If nominated, I will not run, if elected I will not serve."

My ties to the oil industry are all very recent and, in fact, until a few weeks ago, I was, myself, complaining about the higher oil proces. Now I have learned to live with the fact they are a good thing.

I am even leaning toward supporting Obama's tax policy if he'll wait until November 2009 to implement them and I think he will have to becuase of Senate vacation timing.

I am not even going to hold out for cars that run on hope and change. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
So does that mean that you are disavowing the "Drill baby drill" campaign mantra?

Deeman3
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So does that mean that you are disavowing the "Drill baby drill" campaign mantra? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> No, they can drill, baby drill all they want as long as they don't impact the price of oil in a negative way.Obama and I both now agree that cheap gas is the enemy to technological advancement and that we should, instead, develop expensive alternatives to oil so they will be cheap by comparison in the future. Right now, for me and Obama, some of this may be self-serving but as well, it will help our country in the future. Drilling will mostly keep people busy while we are waiting. </span>

Gayle in MD
09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Ah hem, almost afraid to ask you this, what do you consider impacting the price, in a negative way. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif