PDA

View Full Version : 8th Annual CCB US Open Tourney & Dinner

10-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Looks like we'll need to start fresh again, after the server crash...

Once again, we are having the CCB US Open Dinner and meet/greet tourney. The dinner will be on Thurs, Oct 22, meet in the lobby of the MArriott at 5P, then going to Smokey Bones (BBQ).

The CCB tourney is Fri the 23 at 11A, at QMasters Billiards. Free entry and prizes.

Please PM me if you plan on attending either event (all the previous PM's were wiped out).

Eric

10-01-2009, 11:26 AM
In addition:

The official site of the Open is: http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/

Barry Behrman has mentioned that there will be a steak dinner with past US Open champions attending on Fri nite. They will be speaking to the crowd and mingling. Cost will be $12 per head.

Eric

Brian in VA
10-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm in for the tournament Eric. I may come down for the dinner but that's still up in the air.

Brian in VA

dg-in-centralpa
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Mary and I will be at the CCB dinner and the tourney.

Duane

Soflasnapper
10-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Don't know that it's necessary to say again, but I'll say again anyway, confirming myself and RJ, plus two, Frank Woessner and Scott Camapagna, for the dinner and the tournament.

BigRigTom
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Well I guess we lost the door prize pledge list too!
I will start over again with my donation and ask that everyone who previously pledged a door prize to repeat it here.

I will also try to keep a separate list aside from this forum for furture references.

1. Compliments of BigRigTom 1 Sardo M5000 Tight Rack

dg-in-centralpa
10-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I am donating a framed 3-d billiard print.

DG

Harold Acosta
10-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Brian, send me an email to juegabillar@yahoo.com with the amount I need to send you for the trophies.

Brian in VA
10-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Email sent Harold. The trophies are under construction and will be ready in time for the tournament. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Brian in VA

BigRigTom
10-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks DG,
Now if Scott, Fran and all the others who promised door prizes will respond to me either here or via PM I will reconstruct the list and add any NEW donations we might receive too.

I will keep a record off line as well so we don't have to redo it again after this.

<span style="color: #3366FF">Here is how the Door Prize List looks as of right now:

2. Compliments of dg-in-centralpa 1 Framed 3-D Billiard Print</span>
Thanks to every one for you contributions and I know the winners will be proud to receive these tokens of your support of the CCB 8th Annual Event.

10-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I'll be donating:

New copy of "Cornbread Red- Pool's greatest money player"

New copy of "Road Player-The Danny Diliberto story"

Eric

ARJ
10-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm in, can't wait to see everyone again. Gonna miss Rich and Cathy though bigtime

R.J.

BigRigTom
10-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks Eric,

<span style="color: #3366FF">Here is how the Door Prize List looks as of right now:

2. Compliments of dg-in-centralpa 1 Framed 3-D Billiard Print

3. Compliments of Eric 1 New copy of "Cornbread Red- Pool's greatest money player"

4. Compliments of Eric 1 New copy of "Road Player-The Danny Diliberto story"

</span>
Thanks to every one for you contributions and I know the winners will be proud to receive these tokens of your support of the CCB 8th Annual Event.

Cornerman
10-07-2009, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like we'll need to start fresh again, after the server crash...

Once again, we are having the CCB US Open Dinner and meet/greet tourney. The dinner will be on Thurs, Oct 22, meet in the lobby of the MArriott at 5P, then going to Smokey Bones (BBQ).

The CCB tourney is Fri the 23 at 11A, at QMasters Billiards. Free entry and prizes.

</div></div>I can't make the dinner. We've got the Hall of Fame dinner on Thursday Oct. 22nd.

http://www.usbma.com/HallofFame2009/

Fred

10-07-2009, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cornerman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like we'll need to start fresh again, after the server crash...

</div></div>I can't make the dinner. We've got the Hall of Fame dinner on Thursday Oct. 22nd.

Fred
_________________________ </div></div>

"We"?? I didn't know you were involved with this too (I knew that Mike Panozzo is).

Anyways, are you playing in the tourney on Fri morn?

Eric

10-08-2009, 11:00 AM
We will be playing a multi table 10 ball ring game, using ring game rules; players shoot in order, no safeties, first person to pocket the 10 wins, etc. Basically, standard 10 ball rules with the ring game format. For this year, we will do a blind draw every round ala Derby City style. This means, you could potentially be playing with one or two of the same players in subsequent rounds. We'll have 3-4 tables and the group will be divided evenly each round. I will use a high tech device to determine the draw(names pulled from an empty beer pitcher). Each game won is recorded and the high point finisher will be the CCB champion for 2009. In the event of a tie, there will be a one game playoff.

As always, sheet talkin and distracting remarks are encouraged. There is no such thing as a foul for sharking, so LET'S GIT IT ONNN!

Eric &gt;need ppl to sign up now (send me a PM)

dg-in-centralpa
10-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I tried to send a pm, but wouldn't allow me to do it. Mary and I will be playig.

DG

Cornerman
10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cornerman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like we'll need to start fresh again, after the server crash...

Fred
_________________________ </div></div>

"We"?? I didn't know you were involved with this too (I knew that Mike Panozzo is).</div></div>Yup. I'm a member and I have major input into all the decisions. Mike says, "how does this sound," and I just nod my (virtual) head like everyone else does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyways, are you playing in the tourney on Fri morn?
</div></div> I can't committ, so I guess that's a no. I'm sure I'll regret that.

Fred

dg-in-centralpa
10-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Fred,
At least stop by to pay us a visit.

Duane

Cornerman
10-09-2009, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fred,
At least stop by to pay us a visit.

Duane </div></div>Well... for Mary, I'll try.

Fred &lt;~~~ and for everyone else I haven't seen in a while, too

dg-in-centralpa
10-12-2009, 08:24 AM
That will make her very happy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Duane

BigRigTom
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
We lost the original door prize list when the board crashed and We are still not complete on this list of door prizes, now time is ticking down.

Can everyone who previously pledged a door prize please post it again if you are not already listed below? Thanks in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Eric,

3. Compliments of Eric 1 New copy of "Cornbread Red- Pool's greatest money player"

</span>
Thanks to every one for you contributions and I know the winners will be proud to receive these tokens of your support of the CCB 8th Annual Event. </div></div>

10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We lost the original door prize list when the board crashed and We are still not complete on this list of door prizes, now time is ticking down.

Can everyone who previously pledged a door prize please post it again if you are not already listed below? Thanks in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Eric,

</span>
Thanks to every one for you contributions and I know the winners will be proud to receive these tokens of your support of the CCB 8th Annual Event. </div></div> </div></div>

I remember Scott Lee contributing a 1 day lesson and Tom in Cincy(Sactown Tom) donating a Hard Times T-shirt.

Thanks to all for contributing!

Eric

BigRigTom
10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Here is how the Door Prize List looks as of right now:
<span style="color: #3333FF">

5. Compliments of Scott Lee 1 Day Lesson in Pool

6. Compliments of Tom_in_Cincy 1 Hard Times T-Shirt

</span>

Icon of Sin
10-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey Eric. My father and I are in for the tourney as well if that's cool. We are arriving early Friday morning so we will not be able to make the dinner unfortunately.

Thanks!

-Heath

10-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Cool, I got you two down. See ya at Qmasters, Fri, 10.30am!

Eric

Icon of Sin
10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Great. thanks Eric, it will be great seeing you again!

BigRigTom
10-15-2009, 10:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is how the Door Prize List looks as of right now:

</span>

Thanks to every one for you contributions and I know the winners will be proud to receive these tokens of your support of the CCB 8th Annual Event. </div></div>

We are still missing a few things previously pledged...(Fran for one had offered a free lesson to someone if they will come to NY....Fran can you remind me what exactly that was)...and anyone elso who wishes to chip in will be appreciated.

Also anyone have any idea where that book wound up that we were reading, signing and passing on?

Lastly...has anyone heard from NYC_Carol lately. I haven't seen her on the board for a while and she never answered my last PM.

Wish I could be at that tournament, those of you who are lucky enough to be there will surly have a great time and I am jealous!

dg-in-centralpa
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
BRT,

The dinner and the tourney are a blast. No attitude problems, just have a great time. The last time I saw the book, I sent it to KellyStick. Check with him. Plan for a vacation in VA. next year and join us.

DG

BigRigTom
10-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Crazier things have happened and who knows Virginia sounds like a great place to be in October. The color changes are starting, right?

10-15-2009, 02:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We are still missing a few things previously pledged...(Fran for one had offered a free lesson to someone if they will come to NY....Fran can you remind me what exactly that was)...and anyone elso who wishes to chip in will be appreciated.

</div></div>

I can't speak for Fran, but I believe she mentioned a lesson with the stipulations you mentioned.

Tom, you are gonna have to make a trip one year, if anything, just to say you did.

Thanks for all you did!

Eric

BigRigTom
10-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Yep Eric, it would be nice to meet everyone face to face and also to pit my skills against all of you.
I am sure it would prove humbling to me but that is the way it gets done.

Good luck to all who do get there.
Be sure to post lots of pictures and tell the rest of us some of the war stories.

dg-in-centralpa
10-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Absolutely! Where I live,(central PA) the leaves are already changing and it's gorgeous. Go for a Sunday drive just to see the colors.

DG

Scott Lee
10-16-2009, 10:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is how the Door Prize List looks as of right now:

</span>

Also anyone have any idea where that book wound up that we were reading, signing and passing on?

Lastly...has anyone heard from NYC_Carol lately. I haven't seen her on the board for a while and she never answered my last PM.

Wish I could be at that tournament, those of you who are lucky enough to be there will surly have a great time and I am jealous! </div></div>

Hi guys...As much as I would like to contribute a DAY lesson, my contribution has always been a 2 hr lesson. It still is... Sorry I won't be able to make it to the tournament this year.

Scott Lee

Brian in VA
10-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Just to let everyone know, the highly coveted CCB Trophies have been completed and are ready to be awarded to the winner and runner up in CCB 8! Harold Acosta and I have split this donation as we have every other year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday morning! I will be at the Open Thursday morning through Saturday afternoon (can't stay for the finals this year) and can't wait for another great visit with all of you!

Brian in VA

thecardman
10-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi folks

I have been having a wee look through some of the threads regarding this year's CCB Tournament. I look at that stunning trophy that I won often and it brings back so many fond memories - mostly of how welcoming you all were to the strange Scotsman who travelled across the pond to watch a pool tournament, meet some people he had only spoken to over these forums and run all the nearby Walgreen's drugstores out of one particular brand of playing cards!

I hope that one day I'll get a chance to come back and see you all once again. As usual, a lot of my travelling time is spent going to Magic Conventions. Hopefully, sometime, I'll get a chance to combine a magic trip with a trip to the US Open.

Best wishes to you all and have a great week!

Peter - thecardman
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Fran Crimi
10-20-2009, 08:33 PM
I hope everyone's having a great time. I miss being there but work is preventing it. Yes, I am contributing a lesson if anyone can make it to NYC. I don't like to put a time limit on it if they're traveling from another state, but generally it would consist of an evaluation of their game and some suggestions for improvement --- usually about a two-hour session.

Have fun everyone!

Fran

Brian in VA
10-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Peter,
It's good to see you posting! Sorry we'll miss you again this year. Who, in the world of magic, should I lobby to arrange a convention in October? Somewhere in the mid-Atlantic area, of course!

Best wishes!
Brian in VA

BigRigTom
10-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Sorry Scott for the typo and it has now been corrected below....

Here is how the Door Prize List looks as of right now:
<span style="color: #3366FF">

5. Compliments of Scott Lee Two Hour Lesson in Pool**corrected**

7. Compliments of Fran Crimi Free Lesson (Approximately 2 Hours) for someone willing to come to New York to attend.

8. Trophies are once again supplied through the generous efforts and expense of Brian in Va and Harold Acosta.

</span>

dg-in-centralpa
10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
BigRig,

Check your PM. My wife Mary, won your Sardo rack. Everyone had a great time and we appreciate your generous donation. Sorry you couldn't make it, the last three matches were unbelievable!

DG

BigRigTom
10-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Congratulations to Mary and good to hear everyone had a great time but then we knew they would.

I will get that Sardo out to Mary tomorrow.

Best wishes to you all.

Icon of Sin
10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
The CCB Tourney was definately one of the highlights of my trip. I got to see my buddy Eric again and made friends with some really good people.

The tourney came down to the wire with a 3 way tie between Phil, RJ and myself. Phil ended up winning the 1 rack playoff for 1st place and I ended up winning the 1 rack play off for 2nd. It couldnt have been more fun.

Kudos to Brian... the trophies are awesome!!! I have never been more proud of a trophy. it has already been hung up in my pool room at home. Eric, you did one hell of a good job running the tournament in my opinion. It was fair and fun. Thank you to everyone who donated the prizes for the drawings. Some really good stuff was given away!

It was great meeting everyone and talking and laughing and just having a down right good time with all you, especially Josh, Brian, Phil, and RJ... you guys are great people and I can't wait to see you guys again. If you are ever in Baltimore for anything please look me up. Fire me a PM and I will provide all my information.

Thanks again everyone for making this years Open my best one yet. I already can't wait until next year!

Soflasnapper
10-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Back at ya, Heath! Great to meet you as well, and to see all the group that was able to participate.

I count myself as pretty lucky to survive the final regular round with you and RJ in a tie, and then to get a chance to even shoot again at the 10 in the tie-break (after missing shape for an early combo that presented itself after the break). That last 10 was an adventure, with a length of the table scratch I guarded against no proof against a double the length of the table scratch back to the same pocket. It caught just enough of the long rail to barely miss the pocket by an inch or two after an 18 foot roll after the make, but it was no sure thing until it came to a stop. Then my heart started up again from its temporary cardiac arrest!

I've been trying to win this for 7 years now. I must admit my plan to be fresh and get some rest the night before went out the window when Amy unexpectedly came in late the prior night and RJ and I went out to QMasters to meet her and play a couple of hours. However, I did stick with coffee and had no beers until later in the day (note to others: ignore this advice, please!).

Great thanks to Brian for the awesome trophy, and I look forward to next year's Open. Could hardly be better than this year's event, with Mika's successful defense of his title in a stunning history-matching ordeal.

Brian in VA
10-26-2009, 10:07 AM
It was great to meet you Heath and your dad! Welcome to the CCB tournament and I'll look forward to catching up with you next time I head up to Baltimore.

Phil congrats on a well played final! After 7 years, you deserve one!

I want to give a shout out to Harold Acosta who also helped with those trophies, helping me foot the bill. He was unable to attend this year but did want to say hi to everyone.

I won the Hard Times T-shirt this time around. I'll send Tom in Cincy my info I guess.

As always, a great time at a great event. For those of you that haven't made it to the US Open, please put it on your calendar. You'll get to see the greatest players in the world and meet the greatest people.

Brian in VA

BigRigTom
10-26-2009, 10:29 AM
The Sardo Tight Rack is on its way to dg-in-centralpa for Mary!
I just applied the UPS sticker to the package personally and sent him the tracking code.

Congratulations Phil and everyone else.

I am green & sick with envy...wish I could have been there too!

10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Well, CCB 8 is in the history books.

Thursday was th dinner, attended by Eric, Susie, Duane, Mary, Phil, RJ, Tony and Sheila. We ate, we laughed, we cried...

Fridays tourney produced yet another new CCB winner; Soflasnapper(Phil)! We had 15 players- Soflasnapper, ARJ, Amy, Brian in VA, JMD in VA, Tony in MD and Sheila, dg-in-centralpa and Mary, Scott and George from Florida(came with Phil and RJ), Icon of Sin and Dad, and Eric & Susie.

the prize winners were:

1. Compliments of BigRigTom 1 Sardo M5000 Tight Rack- Mary in central PA

2. Compliments of dg-in-centralpa 1 Framed 3-D Billiard Print- JMD in VA

3. Compliments of Eric 1 New copy of "Cornbread Red- Pool's greatest money player" - ARJ

4. Compliments of Eric 1 New copy of "Road Player-The Danny Diliberto story" - ?

5. Compliments of Scott Lee Two Hour Lesson in Pool**corrected** -Icon of Sin

6. Compliments of Tom_in_Cincy 1 Hard Times T-Shirt -Brian in VA

7. Compliments of Fran Crimi Free Lesson (Approximately 2 Hours) for someone willing to come to New York to attend. -?

8. Trophies are once again supplied through the generous efforts and expense of Brian in Va and Harold Acosta. -Soflasnapper and Icon of Sin

Some last minute prize additions were:

new copy of Pool Room from Eric. - Soflasnapper

and

3 day Pool School with RandyG - Bob Williard (dad)

Some pics can be found here (cuz I still dont know how to post pics to CCB)- http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=161197

I want to thank all of the sponsors who generously contributed prizes to our group. I'll look forward to hearing about how the lessons went!

Also, I cannot thank Barry Behrman enough for being an accommodating host and donating some tables for our tourney. Barry, you rock!

Eric

dg-in-centralpa
10-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Great pics Eric! I know Mary and I had a great time. It was good to see everyone again and we're looking forward to next year. See you and Susie at VF?

Duane

10-27-2009, 01:22 PM
I'll be at VF.

It was great getting together with everyone too. This has become a great annual tradition, I hope we can do it again next year.

Eric

Cornerman
10-27-2009, 05:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, I cannot thank Barry Behrman enough for being an accommodating host and donating some tables for our tourney. Barry, you rock!

Eric </div></div>Barry also acknowledged the CCBoard crew at the finals of the US Open and asked them to stand up. Unfortunately, most of you guys/gals weren't in your seats yet!!!

Fred &lt;~~~ stood up for you

dg-in-centralpa
10-28-2009, 06:02 AM
I was trying to stand up, but I was up in nose bleed area, behind the breaking end five rows up, and squeezed in like a sardine. I did wave but I don't think Barry saw me. Barry does send his best to Rich and Cathy.

Duane

10-28-2009, 09:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cornerman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, I cannot thank Barry Behrman enough for being an accommodating host and donating some tables for our tourney. Barry, you rock!

Eric </div></div>Barry also acknowledged the CCBoard crew at the finals of the US Open and asked them to stand up. Unfortunately, most of you guys/gals weren't in your seats yet!!!

Fred &lt;~~~ stood up for you </div></div>

Barry does that every year, it's very gracious of him to acknowledge us. I love supporting those that support us!

Speakin of CCB, Fred, where were you for the CCB dinner or the CCB tourney? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Eric

Cornerman
10-28-2009, 07:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Cornerman]

Speakin of CCB, Fred, where were you for the CCB dinner or the CCB tourney? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Eric </div></div>I was at the Hall of Fame Dinner as one of the handful of voting members in attendance on Thursday evening, so I couldn't make the CCB Dinner. I was going to go say my hellos at the CCB tourney, but I started doing some work, got on a conference call, and then before you know it...

Fred

dg-in-centralpa
11-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Just received the Sardo rack yesterday, and it's great! Thanks Tom.

Duane

BigRigTom
11-05-2009, 01:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just received the Sardo rack yesterday, and it's great! Thanks Tom.

Duane </div></div>

Cool!
Glad you got it.
Shoot good!

Brian in VA
11-05-2009, 04:29 PM
I received my Hard Times T shirt on Saturday. Thanks to Tom in Cincy for his donation! It's a very cool shirt! Thanks Tom!

Brian in VA