PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Applaud When America Loses!

Gayle in MD
10-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Take a good look folks, this is what the Republican Party stands for, applauding over America's failure to win the opportunity to host the Olympics.

This clip should be used over and over during the next election.

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2009/10/americans_for_p.php

Sev
10-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Just imagine all the money that was saved. All the housing that was save from being destroyed by emanate domain.

This may be his singe best accomplishment.

I was particularly amused when Chicago was cut in the first round. The unmitigated arrogance and self absorption of this man is a wonder to behold.

The looks on the faces of the people that gathered in Chicago was priceless. To think they actually believe this buffoon. Hows that for Hope and Change??? The anointed one fails again.

Gayle in MD
10-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Your ignorance and pettiness is truly stunning.

America lost a golden opportunity for creating many jobs, in a financially depressed region, and you applaud it from your petty position of narrow minded ignorance.

Typical.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Sev
10-03-2009, 10:13 AM
America has had the opportunity to host the Olympics many times.
Rio never has. You would deny them the opportunity for purely selfish reasons.

Gayle in MD
10-03-2009, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">America has had the opportunity to host the Olympics many times.
Rio never has. You would deny them the opportunity for purely selfish reasons.
</div></div>

I prefer seeing my own country win the opportunity, unlike you, who would rather see it lose.

Sev
10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Thats very selfish of you. I think we need to spread the Olympics around. Why should the wealthiest nations get the Olympics all the time?

Gayle in MD
10-03-2009, 12:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats very selfish of you. I think we need to spread the Olympics around. Why should the wealthiest nations get the Olympics all the time? </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> The question is, why don't you support your own country? You call yourself patriotic? Most Americans are sick repulsed by you anti-American righties. Just keep on digging that hole deeper. Then maybe Sara Palin can get you out.

BWA HA HA HA....</span>

llotter
10-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I can understand why you might think that a group called, 'Americans for Prosperity' is a Republican group but there must be at least a few Democrats that favor prosperity, isn't there?

From an economic prospective, the Olympics is a loser so it is not a bad thing that we missed out. The best headline that I saw was on Drudgereport.com that said,'The Ego has Landed', and I think that is reflects the sentiments of many Americans.

If the selection process weren't stacked with a bunch of racists, I sure Chicago would have come out on top.

pooltchr
10-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Sev,
When it comes to spreading the wealth around, the left only wants to do that with your tax dollars. They supported Obama when he proposed sending vast amounts of tax money overseas, because it wasn't fair that we should have so much, and others, so little.

But when it comes to something that would cost the taxpayers millions, but promote Obama's "home town", well, that's a different story completely. Nobody else should have something that we don't have!

And the truely sad thing is, they don't even see the hypocracy of it all.

Steve

DickLeonard
10-03-2009, 02:34 PM
pooltchr from what I have seen it is usually the TV Networks that come out on the short end of the Deal.####

pooltchr
10-03-2009, 02:41 PM
The networks win no matter where the games are held. They will still broadcast them, and get their advertising revenue.

The taxpayers of Chicago won, because they won't have to spend millions of dollars cleaning up and putting on a pretty face for the games. Just look at China. All those nice pretty and very expensive venues are now sitting empty and falling apart. They are virtually useless, now that the games have moved on.

Steve

Sev
10-03-2009, 02:44 PM
That was the point of my posts. By using the same argument the the Dems use I received a response that makes Gayle a total hypocrite. Based on her previous arguments she should of had agreed completely with me.

Now as to America getting the Olympics. The Ego and chief would have looked much better if he had campaigned to get he Olympics for lets say Detroit Michigan. After all that area of the country is in far worse shape than Chicago.

In any case. He stuck his neck out. Made self absorbed speech that made him look like a buffoon and cemented the fact that he is an amateur that is in over his head. Not only that leaders around the world probably wet themselves because they were laughing so hard.

wolfdancer
10-03-2009, 05:16 PM
what a *** post......
You knock the POTUS for trying to bring the Olympic Games to the city of his choice, and not the city of your choice (high unemployment, crime ridden....Beirut would be safer) then add in the rest of your stupid, ignorant suppositions....tells me, and I hope many others here, that you just have an axe to grind, and shouldn't even be considered as a worthy foe to debate.
Why keep trying to take down this board...isn't it enough of a triumph for you and your goon squad that you have ganged up and run off everybody that went against the grain over on AZB?
Gayle, Hondo, Dick just aren't going to let you creeps intimidate them here into quitting....sorry to have to tell you that....
Saving another reply.... your NEW anti-war stance re: Afghanistan
Have you checked this out first with the war expert, lww, and gotten his permission to voice your dissent? Seemed "Sarge" was 100% behind the "surge".
While I'm hoping we can resolve this middle east crisis/threat without an escalation of the current war....Some of us have this
"wild and crazy" idea that it was Bin Ladin, and the Al Qaeda based in Afghanistan, and not Saddam, that was behind 9/11 and that they remain a threat to the USA.

pooltchr
10-03-2009, 05:46 PM
With all the problems he has to deal with, this silly little trip to spend 5 hours casting his vote for Chicago, and then dissing the IOC by buzzing in, making his speech, and then leaving before they even voted, said more to them about how he felt about the olympics than any words he might have spoken.

As I have said before, it's more accurate to judge people by what they do, and not what they say.

He probably would have been better off to have just skipped the whold trip.

Steve

wolfdancer
10-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Gayle, Sev is getting even less tolerable then lww, or what's his name...Ed. When you combine ignorance and arrogance it ain't purty.
Just take him as I do now....not as a serious debater on politics,economics, current events, but somebody just trying to
irritate and agitate....trying to "make his bones" over here....while oddly enough ...they slam this site over there???
Makes you wonder then what the attraction is for Beavis and Butthead to bother posting here, when they are honored and revered for their, intellectualism, keen grasp on , well, on everything, and their warm charm and sly witticisms over there (did I just write that?)
Maybe it's a... moth to the flames, thing.....
That style posting is roundly applauded on AZB, as long as it originates from the right, and not from the righteous (the left).
I read there the other day, a post from the admin warning a poster about "do you want to continue posting here?" seems he had insulted lww....sob.... the irony being that lww's post to him, was far more ruder, way more vulgar then his....

Sev
10-03-2009, 09:23 PM
It is not the presidents place to campaign for the Olympics. Nor is it his place to choose which city should be selected. The office of the president is to serve the people. Not to be self serving. Perhaps you have forgotten that we do not have a king.

Bring down the board? Intimidate them into quitting. How so? I am not the one calling people a bigot, stupid, ignorant or stupid. That appears to be coming from your quadrant.

My anti war stance?? Seriously. You need to work on your comprehension of what you are reading. Obama should send in the troops. Better yet. Send in the nukes. It would save a lot of American treasure.

Son your all over the map in your response.

Sev
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
There seems to be some rampant sniveling going on here.

Would you like a hanky

wolfdancer
10-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm crying in sympathy because that nasty man, sob, replying,sob, rudely to, sob, yer role model,sob, llcool, er sob,lww
(Off the record, which one of you was the first to report his transgression?)
Calling someone out...is not sniveling...or, wait!...maybe it is:
def. #8.... a hypocritical show of feeling.....
That's me, like I give a rat's behind what anyone writes about yer pal, and mentor.....
AS for the real topic of Gayle's thread ( reprinted tomorrow over on site X )....it's always been an honor in the past for a country to host the Olympics, and I applaud President Barack Obama for trying to bring that event back to the USA. It showed that he was not afraid to take the chance, nor afraid of any harm to his reputation if he failed. From what I read, he was out of the country for just one day.... (Ronald Reagan, suffering from ALZH was out of his mind for X number of years in the WH....
http://books.google.com/books?id=jU70EeN...page&q=&f=false (http://books.google.com/books?id=jU70EeNlH54C&dq=reagan+the+role+of+a+lifetime&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=cWRSz2z_XI&sig=2EoXeBYC9mZqiC47iaQzbdBUPQ0&hl=en&ei=vB_ISqSrNYy8sgPh-J2iBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4#v=onepage&q=&f=false) )
That he has different beliefs then you do is probably why he is sitting in the oval office, and you sitting on an oval commode wondering WTF happened....how did he beat two of our best... McCain and "Diana Prince"

Sev
10-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Then we view the man in a different light.

wolfdancer
10-04-2009, 02:40 AM
I think I know now what is wrong with your posts......
http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-more-cowbell.html

Sev
10-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Don't Fear the Reaper??

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

hondo
10-04-2009, 01:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats very selfish of you. I think we need to spread the Olympics around. Why should the wealthiest nations get the Olympics all the time? </div></div>

OH BULL SHIT!

This is all about Obama with you guys.

Why can't some of you be honest for one time in your friggin lives?

Jesus, your post makes me physically ill.
Like you give a shit about Brazil.

Man, I need to take a break from this crap.

Sev
10-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Hondo.

My entire post was sarcastic. I was using the spread the wealth around argument against Gayle. She should have agreed with me based on the premise of the argument.

Personally I would have been happy if the USA came out on top. However we didnt this round but will again in the future. It really is not that big a deal.

The only part of the entire debacle is that I do not think it is necessary for the president of the United States of America to pimp himself out for such an event. It is beneath the office of the presidency. He has also secured the future in that it is also very unlikely and future president will stick his neck out in such a manner and risk ending up looking so foolish before the world.
Other leaders may do as they please. We dont need to.

Gayle in MD
10-04-2009, 03:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a *** post......
You knock the POTUS for trying to bring the Olympic Games to the city of his choice, and not the city of your choice (high unemployment, crime ridden....Beirut would be safer) then add in the rest of your stupid, ignorant suppositions....tells me, and I hope many others here, that you just have an axe to grind, and shouldn't even be considered as a worthy foe to debate.
Why keep trying to take down this board...isn't it enough of a triumph for you and your goon squad that you have ganged up and run off everybody that went against the grain over on AZB?
Gayle, Hondo, Dick just aren't going to let you creeps intimidate them here into quitting....sorry to have to tell you that....
Saving another reply.... your NEW anti-war stance re: Afghanistan
Have you checked this out first with the war expert, lww, and gotten his permission to voice your dissent? Seemed "Sarge" was 100% behind the "surge".
While I'm hoping we can resolve this middle east crisis/threat without an escalation of the current war....Some of us have this
"wild and crazy" idea that it was Bin Ladin, and the Al Qaeda based in Afghanistan, and not Saddam, that was behind 9/11 and that they remain a threat to the USA.
</div></div>

Wolf,
If one reads the three posts from the right, one can easily see that they each have written false statements, but facts have never been their forte'.

It is obvious that their goal is to try to put the president's actions into a bad light. Even the journalists from the right, didn't do that, all of them saying that the president did the right thing and a few of them even displayed admiration for the fact that he was willing to take the chance on making an appearance, even though most really thought we were not among the top most likely countries, being considered. He threw politics aside, to give it his best shot, but how could we expect any other reaction from the right. Eight years of Madison Avenue marketing ion advance of every presidential action, including launching war, vast use of propaganda and the advance sweeping of every presidential appearance, to remove any protestors, has twisted their ability to see things in a realistic light.

The fact is, their pundits have been spreading around false statements about what is gained monitarily from hosting the Olympics, and they, as usual, have slurped it right up, without doing any research of their own. What is so stunning is how gleeful they are that America failed, and another country won.

As I stated, these numerous clips of republicans and their idiotic pundits, celebrating over a loss for America, will be very valuable come election time.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sev
10-04-2009, 03:39 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>He threw politics aside????</span>

Really??? Really!!!!!

<span style="color: #CC0000">BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! !!</span>

wolfdancer
10-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Gayle, I get mad at myself for replying to these "experts" here.
First they are rah,rah, chicken hawks, supporting our beloved
"I am the War President", and now they are against the war...next thing you know, they'll be blaming President Obama for 9/11, and the war in Iraq.
Seems like they were originally all for a war in Iran, as well.....but then their candidates came up a few hundred votes short (at every voting booth in the nation), and now they be peaceniks????
Actually, why bother to discuss politics here....it ain't like "they" have anything to say, except for what they heard on Fox News.
About the only one that reads and researches, on that side....I suspect, is LLotter.
I get my "insiders" info from CNN, and the other network newscasts...it's a little more balanced then Fox.....and I forget who said it....but the quote goes something like....
it's our job to report the news, not interpret the news.
Fox interprets, CNN reports......
Here's the latest manifesto for the far right here.....notice that the photo is cut off high enough so that you can't see the black armband, or Swastika(maybe?)
http://www.glennbeck.com/images/news/2009/08/082409arugbook.jpg

hondo
10-04-2009, 04:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo.

My entire post was sarcastic. I was using the spread the wealth around argument against Gayle. She should have agreed with me based on the premise of the argument.

Personally I would have been happy if the USA came out on top. However we didnt this round but will again in the future. It really is not that big a deal.

The only part of the entire debacle is that I do not think it is necessary for the president of the United States of America to pimp himself out for such an event. It is beneath the office of the presidency. He has also secured the future in that it is also very unlikely and future president will stick his neck out in such a manner and risk ending up looking so foolish before the world.
Other leaders may do as they please. We dont need to. </div></div>

If Bush had done it for Texas , not a word would have been
said by the side swipers.

You and I both know that is true. But you'd never admit it.

Gayle in MD
10-04-2009, 04:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo.

Other leaders may do as they please. We dont need to. </div></div>

If Bush had done it for Texas , not a word would have been
said by the side swipers.

You and I both know that is true. But you'd never admit it. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My entire post was sarcastic. I was using the spread the wealth around argument against Gayle. She should have agreed with me based on the premise of the argument.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Can you beat that? What a total crock! His entire post was about bashing Obama, period. His post isn't sarcastic, he's sarcastic.

Amazing to watch these RW nuts on here attacking Obama while they so easily overlooked non stop lies, failed policies, and treason, for eight years, and now they want to nit pick every time Obama gets on AF 1.

What idiots!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
10-04-2009, 04:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>He threw politics aside????</span>

Really??? Really!!!!!

<span style="color: #CC0000">BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! !!</span> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'> <span style="color: #000066">You didn't know that? BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Why am I not at all surprised! </span> </span>

Sev
10-04-2009, 04:29 PM
But Bush would not and did not. 9-11 was a bit more pressing.

I do not believe that the office of the presidency should be used as a political pulpit when children are involved. It does not matter who is in the office.

Its pretty cut and dried.

Sev
10-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Actually I was attacking you.
However it seems to have gone over your head.

hondo
10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But Bush would not and did not. 9-11 was a bit more pressing.

I do not believe that the office of the presidency should be used as a political pulpit when children are involved. It does not matter who is in the office.

Its pretty cut and dried. </div></div>

Yes, it does matter who is in office.

Admit it, and you'll feel so much better about yourself.
Forget all this "I'm not a Republican" nonsense.

Just say, " I am for everything the Republicans say and do and I am against everything the Democrats say and do."

You can do this, Sev. You know you want to.
Then you won't have to spin ever again.
Think how liberated you will feel.
I'm pulling for you, buddy. Just say it. Come on.

It is pretty cut and dried.

Gayle in MD
10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But Bush would not and did not. 9-11 was a bit more pressing.

<span style="color: #000066">You're in the wrong thread. This thread is about Republicans being so petty and common that they applaud when our country loses, and then try to slander our president for giving a good and appropriate effort for the sake of the country, and the job opportunities that would have come about had we won.

Like all other radical right wig nuts, you have obviously jumped on the "Ego" band wagon. As you accuse others of following talking points, you display your own blatant use of the very take that the right wing pundits threw out im,ediatelty at Obama.

You have no credibility, nor are your posts even accurate. Just more right-wing BS, being parroted by each one here from the right, but none of your accusations are worthwhile, or accurate. Same ol' Same ol' RWBS!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
10-04-2009, 04:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I was attacking you.
However it seems to have gone over your head.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your ignorance and pettiness is truly stunning.

America lost a golden opportunity for creating many jobs, in a financially depressed region, and you applaud it from your petty position of narrow minded ignorance.

Typical.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">FYI, nothing about you goes over my head. Don't flatter yourself, Mr. Republican.

You were attacking your own country, and Obama, and as I said, typical.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

cushioncrawler
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
The Olympix iz a heap of krapp -- i hate'em.
Especially the team sports etc.
Especially the swimming.
A gold medal for swimming 100m with one finger up your arse.
A gold medal for swimming 200m with one finger up your arse.
A gold medal for swimming 400m with one finger up your arse.
A gold medal for swimming 800m with one finger up your arse.
A gold medal for swimming 100m with two fingers up your arse.
A gold medal for swimming 200m with two fingers up your arse.
A gold medal for swimming 400m with two fingers up your arse.
A gold medal for swimming an 800m medley with one two three four fingers up your arse.
A gold medal for swimming an 800m team medley with one two three four fingers up your arse.
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC.
madMac.
And, there aint no cuesports!!!!!!!!!!!

Sev
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Its interesting how you parrot the same responses post after post. Day after day. Week after week.

You really don't have anything of intellectual value to offer.

But do carry on. You put on a pretty good show at times.

Sev
10-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey buddy.
How you been???

Now that we can agree on.
They have volley ball and no billiards.

Gayle in MD
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can understand why you might think that a group called, 'Americans for Prosperity' is a Republican group but there must be at least a few Democrats that favor prosperity, isn't there?

From an economic prospective, the Olympics is a loser so it is not a bad thing that we missed out. The best headline that I saw was on Drudgereport.com that said,'The Ego has Landed', and I think that is reflects the sentiments of many Americans.

If the selection process weren't stacked with a bunch of racists, I sure Chicago would have come out on top. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can understand why you might think that a group called, 'Americans for Prosperity' is a Republican group but there must be at least a few Democrats that favor prosperity, isn't there?
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> Can you see the illogical meaning in this sentence of yours? What does one thing have to do with the other? Americans for Prosperity is another idiotic right wing BS group, intentionally named in a way that might ocver up the reality of what Republicans actually create, like all of their other groups, such as, the American Enterprise Institute, who pushed us into the illegal, immoral invasion and occupation of Iraq.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

hondo
10-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I like the one with the hot chicks, the flags, and the big ball between their legs.

And, yes, I am registered Democrat.

Does this make me a pervert?

Sev
10-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I will not and you cant make me!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

You keep pulling like that and I might say, "Cum on!!"

By the way. How do you get your hands to stay so soft????

cushioncrawler
10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey buddy. How you been??? Now that we can agree on.
They have volley ball and no billiards.</div></div>Sev -- Yeah, good, i've been holidaying and snorkeling on the barrier reef etc. Sunburn duznt help your billiards.
God i hate the olympix. It would be ok if they just stuck to stronger faster higher etc events.
But synchronised drowning???? (yuck) -- nude synchronized drowning, yes now that would be ok -- and they kood then add some good water fountain sort of tricks.

Cue Sports must hav a bigger number of participants than other Sports. How many regular guys and gals in say Hungary do diving (ie off a diving board)?????????
I went to look at an 8Ball (barbox) tournament this weekend -- never been before -- 300 entrys -- $12,000.
madMac.

hondo
10-04-2009, 06:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

By the way. How do you get your hands to stay so soft???? </div></div>

Baby piss.

Sev
10-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Not to mention Curling. Now there is sport you dont see everyday.

cushioncrawler
10-04-2009, 06:37 PM
I like watching curling -- but would be better nude -- all olympix sports shood be nude.
nudeMac.

hondo
10-04-2009, 07:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like watching curling -- but would be better nude -- all olympix sports shood be nude.
nudeMac. </div></div>

They were when it first started.

Sev
10-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Ahhhh the good old days.

reggie182
10-05-2009, 08:01 AM
As if the far left in this country wouldn't have been gleeful had George W. Bush lobbied to get the 2012 games in Dallas, and failed.

And we aren't exactly talking about something on the scale of the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, are we? It is a two week sporting event that most people I know really don't give a damn about. Those who are glad to see BO fall flat on his face aren't cheering against America, we are simply happy to see that the Daley machine in Chicago isn't rewarded, that BO's collosal and unjustified ego isn't rewarded, and that a five day trip of relative frivolity (when this joker had only given General McChrystal 25 minutes of his time in three months) was not rewarded.

Sev
10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reggie182</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As if the far left in this country wouldn't have been gleeful had George W. Bush lobbied to get the 2012 games in Dallas, and failed.

And we aren't exactly talking about something on the scale of the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, are we? It is a two week sporting event that most people I know really don't give a damn about. Those who are glad to see BO fall flat on his face aren't cheering against America, we are simply happy to see that the Daley machine in Chicago isn't rewarded, that BO's collosal and unjustified ego isn't rewarded, and that a five day trip of relative frivolity (when this joker had only given General McChrystal 25 minutes of his time in three months) was not rewarded.

</div></div>

I suspect you are about to accused of being, ignorant, a racist spewing hate speech, right winger, unpatriotic, anti-American and a bigot amongst other things.

Personal experience dont ja know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

reggie182
10-05-2009, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reggie182</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As if the far left in this country wouldn't have been gleeful had George W. Bush lobbied to get the 2012 games in Dallas, and failed.

</div></div>

I suspect you are about to accused of being, ignorant, a racist spewing hate speech, right winger, unpatriotic, anti-American and a bigot amongst other things.

Personal experience dont ja know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

LOL - I've been to the board before, though it's been awhile. Thanx for the headsup.

Sev
10-05-2009, 08:15 AM
No prob.
Stay a while and have some fun.
Perhaps sit back and read my latest cross thread battle and have a good chuckle.

Chopstick
10-05-2009, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
But synchronised drowning???? (yuck) -- nude synchronized drowning, yes now that would be ok -- and they kood then add some good water fountain sort of tricks.

madMac.

<span style="color: #000099">Here ya go sir.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Olympic water fountain competition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyRvpR4XhK4)

</div></div>

Gayle in MD
10-05-2009, 09:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reggie182</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As if the far left in this country wouldn't have been gleeful had George W. Bush lobbied to get the 2012 games in Dallas, and failed.

<span style="color: #000066">jYou are wrong. We were not gleeful because we made the effort to put facts forward to compete with the propaganda that Bush spread around, with the help of the Fox Noise Network, for eight years. You didn't see people displaying the hatred and anger and damaging statements made by Limpballs, from the left. There is really no comparison between speaking out agaisnt an administration who broke our laws, and shredded our Constitution, for eight years, and the kind of divisive attacks we've seen coming from right wing pudits in recent months. </span>

And we aren't exactly talking about something on the scale of the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, are we?

<span style="color: #000066">The war in Iraq was a war of choice, sold on lies, which weakened our country, and increased our threats, and emboldened our enemies. Bush ignored Afghanistan, where al Qaeda had their hold at the time. Now, we have to try t play catch up, in spite of the fact that he launched two wars, and bungled both of them, and left our country in a trick bag. So DON't EVEN TRY to compare Obama with Bush. </span>

It is a two week sporting event that most people I know really don't give a damn about.

<span style="color: #000066">LMAO, the typical Republican anaylsis of everything, every major issues, ROTFLMAO! Oh, the people I know, like so what! Who cares about the people YOU know, in the whole scheme of things. Oh, I took a walk around my neighborhood, and I know who is defaulting on their mortgages. We heard that one here, too.</span>

Those who are glad to see BO fall flat on his face aren't cheering against America, we are simply happy to see that the Daley machine in Chicago isn't rewarded, that BO's collosal and unjustified ego isn't rewarded, and that a five day trip of relative frivolity (when this joker had only given General McChrystal 25 minutes of his time in three months) was not rewarded.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> the leaders of your party didn't lay it out that way at all. Your Party Leader, Rush, put it a different way, entirely, using his usual Hussein references to the president, and his usual disgusting throw up maner of communication. I see you are tuning to the radical right wing for your hatespeak.

Bush lost the American public because he lied us into a war in Iraq, and kept lying for eight straight years, and then proved himself a complete failure at prosecuting that war, and he failed at everything else he touched, and left us o the brink of a depression.

The fact is that ALL of the leaders of the other countries were there to fight for their countries opportunities to win the honor of hosting the Olympics in their countries.

The fact is that George Bush went to the Olympics in China, after they had murdered untold numbers of innocent people, and sat on his ass for five days, while this country was falling into a depression, and other countries refused to attend over their concerns for humanity, and Chinas many human atrocities, yep, that['s the country that Bush has us beholden to, who could call in our debts, and sink us.

The fact is that the right wing pundits, have shown nothing but ugly anger and lies, because they lost the election, and made fools of themselves, praising the moosburger, who proved to be illiterate, and McInsane, who proved to be one script short of a Playhouse 90 episode... when he suspended his campaign, to go out to dinner in Washintgton on his wife's credit card.

The fact is that this contry is facing a long haul, of plowing itself out of the multi messes created by George Bush, and the Republican spendoholic, blank check majority.

The fact is that even though you and the other right wingnuts on here would like to forget all about those facts, the rest of the country hasn't forgotten.

Bush may be gone, but the mulit layered disasters he created, are far from gone, and most of us recall how they came about, and knew all along that it would take years to correct them, and will also recall the arrogance of the republicans who have become the Party of NO during this critical times of trying to survive them, overturn them, and move forward.

G.</span>

reggie182
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
jYou are wrong. We were not gleeful because we made the effort to put facts forward to compete with the propaganda that Bush spread around, with the help of the Fox Noise Network, for eight years. You didn't see people displaying the hatred and anger and damaging statements made by Limpballs, from the left. There is really no comparison between speaking out agaisnt an administration who broke our laws, and shredded our Constitution, for eight years, and the kind of divisive attacks we've seen coming from right wing pudits in recent months.

There is absolutely nothing in that statement that in any way substantively persuades that if Bush had wanted the 2012 Olympics to Dallas, you would have supported it. You just frothed at the mouth in irrelevance.

The war in Iraq was a war of choice, sold on lies, which weakened our country, and increased our threats, and emboldened our enemies. Bush ignored Afghanistan, where al Qaeda had their hold at the time. Now, we have to try t play catch up, in spite of the fact that he launched two wars, and bungled both of them, and left our country in a trick bag. So DON't EVEN TRY to compare Obama with Bush.

I certainly won't try to compare Bush to Obama. I have great difficulty picturing Bush investing far more time on a failed vanity tour to support a boondoggle for his home city, than speaking to his top military commander in Afghanistan.

The fact is that George Bush went to the Olympics in China, after they had murdered untold numbers of innocent people, and sat on his ass for five days, while this country was falling into a depression, and other countries refused to attend over their concerns for humanity, and Chinas many human atrocities, yep, that['s the country that Bush has us beholden to, who could call in our debts, and sink us.

Bush had already had already met with crucial military leaders at length, unlike Obama, who had scandalously spoken to General McChrystal one time for 25 minutes. Absolutely disgraceful.

The fact is that this contry is facing a long haul, of plowing itself out of the multi messes created by George Bush, and the Republican spendoholic, blank check majority.

Yes, and it appears the curious Democratic solution is to further spend us into oblivion.

The fact is that even though you and the other RIGHT WINGNUTS on here would like to forget all about those facts, the rest of the country hasn't forgotten.

Yeah, well I'm rubber and you're glue, everything you say to me bounces off and sticks to you, ya moonbat, left wing, socialist, commie-lib, granola eatin, statist pinko:)

Gayle in MD
10-05-2009, 11:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reggie182</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jYou are wrong. We were not gleeful because we made the effort to put facts forward to compete with the propaganda that Bush spread around, with the help of the Fox Noise Network, for eight years. You didn't see people displaying the hatred and anger and damaging statements made by Limpballs, from the left. There is really no comparison between speaking out agaisnt an administration who broke our laws, and shredded our Constitution, for eight years, and the kind of divisive attacks we've seen coming from right wing pudits in recent months.

There is absolutely nothing in that statement that in any way substantively persuades that if Bush had wanted the 2012 Olympics to Dallas, you would have supported it. You just frothed at the mouth in irrelevance.

<span style="color: #000066">I'd say it is the Republicans and people like you, who were frothing at the mouth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Cheers erupted” at the headquarters of the conservative Weekly Standard, according to a blog post by a member of the magazine’s staff, with the headline “Obama loses! Obama loses!” Rush Limbaugh declared himself “gleeful.” “World Rejects Obama,” gloated the Drudge Report. And so on.

So what did we learn from this moment? For one thing, we learned that the modern conservative movement, which dominates the modern Republican Party, has the emotional maturity of a bratty 13-year-old.

But more important, the episode illustrated an essential truth about the state of American politics: at this point, the guiding principle of one of our nation’s two great political parties is spite pure and simple. If Republicans think something might be good for the president, they’re against it — whether or not it’s good for America.

</div></div>
The states decide if they are going to attempt to win the opportunity to host the olympics, not the president. It wasn't President Obama, it was the City Of Chicago, but I wouldn't expect someone with your severely limited knowledge to know that. </span>

The war in Iraq was a war of choice, sold on lies, which weakened our country, and increased our threats, and emboldened our enemies. Bush ignored Afghanistan, where al Qaeda had their hold at the time. Now, we have to try t play catch up, in spite of the fact that he launched two wars, and bungled both of them, and left our country in a trick bag. So DON't EVEN TRY to compare Obama with Bush.

I certainly won't try to compare Bush to Obama. I have great difficulty picturing Bush investing far more time on a failed vanity tour

<span style="color: #000066">
Straight out of Limpball's mouth. Do you ever think up your own opinions, or does Rush do it all for you.</span>
to support a boondoggle for his home city,

<span style="color: #000066">You can call it whatever you like, but most Americans approved of the President giving it his best shot, and even conservative columnists have supported his visit, and stated that there was nothing wrong with what he tried to do, and were actually more critical of the wightwingnutjobs, like yourself, who were overboard in their criticisms.</span>

than speaking to his top military commander in Afghanistan.

<span style="color: #000066">It wasn't an either/or situation, since he accomplished both, and your attempt to suggest that Obama has never spoken to the McCrystal doesn't include the standard operating proceedure, the President speaks regularly with the Joint Chiefs, and the commanders on the ground, go through the Joint Chiefs, and the Secretary of Defense, so this accusation is really ignorant of you, and nothing but another hail mary attempt to discredit the president, but them, the republican party is nothing BUT hail mary attempts, and filth. </span>

Bush had already had already met with crucial military leaders at length, unlike Obama, <span style="color: #000066">LMAO! He told Bob Woodward quite a different story. In fact, he said himself, and I quote, "I have other things to do." If you read a book once in a while, instead of just tuning into the Rushnut, you'd have stumbled across that little nugget. </span> who had scandalously spoken to General McChrystal one time for 25 minutes. Absolutely disgraceful.

<span style="color: #000066">McChrystal goes through Patreaus and Gates, FYI. The typical line up is from the Generals on the ground, through the Joint chiefs, you know, the guys that Bush blew off for all those years while Afghanistan and Iraq fell into complete chaos, and Bush fired every general who had a different opinion from Bush and Rumsfeld, all through the mess that he and Rumsfeld were making of things.

McCrystal should be axed, given that he is actually breaking with military tradition. The president is the Commander and Chief, not some ego driven general who is pushing for the opportunity to add another star on his shoulder, and line his own pockets with a better retirement. He was completely wrong to do what he did. If he wants to speak against the Commander and Chief, he should retire before he does so.

What he did was completely disgraceful. </span>

Yes, and it appears the curious Democratic solution is to further spend us into oblivion.

<span style="color: #000066">Your ignorance is quite stunning. You'd have preferred a global depression? Isn't that what your hero Bush promised us if we didn't spend more money? Every economist said we had to stimulate the economy, and bail out the banks. You'd be standing in a bread line by now if our government had moved quickly to divert Bush's Depression. </span>

The fact is that even though you and the other RIGHT WINGNUTS on here would like to forget all about those facts, the rest of the country hasn't forgotten.

Yeah, well I'm rubber and you're glue, everything you say to me bounces off and sticks to you, ya moonbat, left wing, socialist, commie-lib, granola eatin, statist pinko:)

<span style="color: #000066">There is an article about folks like you which I posted earlier. This response of yours represents exactly what the artical points out about the right, and this very typical RW outburst from you, is just another example of what the author wrote about.

Keep it up. I love it. it's the very thing which has destroyed your party. You help to prove that you are just another nutcase rightwinger who suffers from the standard Republican illness, assfacia, aided by the vacancy between you own two ears. </span>

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Cheers erupted” at the headquarters of the conservative Weekly Standard, according to a blog post by a member of the magazine’s staff, with the headline “Obama loses! Obama loses!” Rush Limbaugh declared himself “gleeful.” “World Rejects Obama,” gloated the Drudge Report. And so on.

So what did we learn from this moment? <span style='font-size: 17pt'>For one thing, we learned that the modern conservative movement, which dominates the modern Republican Party, has the emotional maturity of a bratty 13-year-old. </span>
But more important, the episode illustrated an essential truth about the state of American politics: at this point, the guiding principle of one of our nation’s two great political parties is spite pure and simple. If Republicans think something might be good for the president, they’re against it — whether or not it’s good for America.

</div></div>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Kerbouchard
10-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't necessarily applaud the fact that Obama or America lost the Olympics, although I do believe that hosting the Olympics is a financial drain that America cannot afford at this time.

In any case, I am glad that Obama failed in his plea to have the Olympics held in Chicago, not because I want him to fail, but in the hopes that the defeat will stem the ever expanding ego.

He does need to realize that a few minutes of his time and a speech is not enough to change the world or even influence the international community. When France is telling the United States to stop dreaming about tomorrow and do something about the present, something is very wrong with our leadership.

Hopefully, even this small defeat will bring Obama back to Earth and remind him it is actions that matter on the world stage, and not some speech filled with rhetoric. It might have gotten him elected, but it is not going to influence or bring about 'change' to the world.

Sev
10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I disagreed with Bush going to the Olympics. It was a bad move that gained us nothing.

Sev
10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
When unemployment inches to 10.5 next year he will be having a massive reality check.

hondo
10-05-2009, 01:52 PM
You are an ignorant, racist spewing hate speech, right winger, unpatriotic, anti-American and a bigot amongst other things. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Thanks, Sev.

hondo
10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I disagreed with Bush going to the Olympics. It was a bad move that gained us nothing. </div></div>

Ah, yes, the ole "In retrospect" post.

Sev
10-05-2009, 02:18 PM
No it is not.
I was uncomfortable with it at the time.

Sev
10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
No prob.
Glad I could be there for you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Deeman3
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I think Obama made a good effort for the Olympics but perhaps Chicago is better off without them. I think they all lose money now and Montreal is still in debt over their's.

Many in Chicago said that the poor would be pushed out of their communities and that noone of the locals could afford to attend the events anyway.

I can't see saying Obama did anything wrong going as he felt he had to make the effort and his own town would have been very disappointed if he had not.

I hope we move on to the real issues soon.

Sev
10-05-2009, 05:00 PM
In the grand scheme of things it was a minor fuax pas. However it was on the world stage. The rest of world needs a laugh at times.

Was it wrong for him to do it? In a legal sense absolutely not.
Was it appropriate for Obama to lower the office of the presidency to a position of what looked like a case of personal groveling in front of the IOC and the rest of the world? That can be debated.

Well it has been fun while it lasted.

Not to worry. I am assure the anointed one will provide us with plenty of more comic material.

wolfdancer
10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
all Presidents become the butt of jokes, it goes with the territory, Jerry Ford say, for butting his head on airplane doors, Bush for being a butthead.......or, since he had Cheney as his #2...
A dickhead?
The difference in the jokes about Gw as opposed to the jokes about past Presidents....most of the Bush jokes focused on his poor, weak, pathetic... replies to questions and his "deer in the headlights" look when confronted with a situation, any situation....

Gayle in MD
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In any case, I am glad that Obama failed in his plea to have the Olympics held in Chicago, not because I want him to fail, but in the hopes that the defeat will stem the ever expanding <span style='font-size: 14pt'>ego. </span>
</div></div>

Man, when Rush gives you guys a buzz word, you never let go of it do you?

Some of us think a big ego is when a president lies the country into an un-necessary, illegal, immoral war, and then has the colossal nerve to completely F. it up, then turns right around and says he can't think of any mistakes he made. Oh, well, maybe it was when he said "Bring 'em on!" he said later. yeah, they did just that, only it wasn't over four thousand people in the Bush and Cheney families that lost their lives.

That's what I call a huge ego! Not only that, but a man with no conscience.

But then, Reagan had a pretty good sized ego, too. He tried to spread it around that he ended the cold war! LMAO! when actually, he also committed treason, selling arms to our enemies, who just happened to be international thugs, drug dealers, too.

The long and filthy Republican past is still picking up steam. Now, they have their "Family" of the chosen, who are above not only the law, but not held to the same account for their sins, since God gives them a bye in advance. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Republikooks is de cwaziest people.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sev
10-05-2009, 07:44 PM
It will be interesting to see what the body count runs up to in Afghanistan and what your position will be then.

I suspect once it crests the total in Iraq under Bush you will sing a different tune about the good war of Afghanistan.

pooltchr
10-05-2009, 07:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>

At last count, you had posted the term "failed Republican policies" 318 times!
You have used your emasculating nickname for Rush 1,347 times!

Who latches on to buzz words??????????????

LMAO

Steve

The above numbers are a close approximation, as nobody in their right mind would ever subject themselves to the torture of reading your posts again to get an actual count!

Sev
10-05-2009, 07:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

LMAO

Steve </div></div>

AHAHAHHAAHHAAH!!!
Thats funny.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

LMAO

Steve </div></div>

AHAHAHHAAHHAAH!!!
Thats funny. </div></div>

Well now, I don't read the Bubba's posts, but since you have seen fit to quote him, the fact is, I only use my own word creations, like "Limpballs" which was one of my more brilliant creations, I must say. As for "Failed Republican Policies" I was writing about them right here, before the fact became public knowledge, in fact, before they were ever even fully implemented, I knew his policies would fail, and that his presidency would be a complete failure.

So even though I didn't walk around my neighborhood to comprise some subjective, painfully limited take on the subject, I don't have to rely on the likes of Limpballs for my opinions, or my buzz words, since I am fully capable of coming up with my own, any more than I have to peddle pool lessons to make my way in life.

Ha ha ha...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Sev
10-05-2009, 08:08 PM
I think you would agree that peddling pool lessons is a bit more respectable than working the red light district. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Gayle in MD
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you would agree that peddling pool lessons is a bit more respectable than working the red light district. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
</div></div>

OIC, so now you're accusing me of being a prostitute?

You really have no dignity at all, do you. I wouldn't know, I've never been IN a red light district. Why don't you give us your very knowledgable take on the subject, since given your psychological issues, I'm sure no one would be inspired to engage willingly with you, so you must know all about it.

hondo
10-05-2009, 08:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Obama made a good effort for the Olympics but perhaps Chicago is better off without them. I think they all lose money now and Montreal is still in debt over their's.

Many in Chicago said that the poor would be pushed out of their communities and that noone of the locals could afford to attend the events anyway.

I can't see saying Obama did anything wrong going as he felt he had to make the effort and his own town would have been very disappointed if he had not.

I hope we move on to the real issues soon. </div></div>

Finally a sensible post from the Right.

Thanks, Dee.

Sev
10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Poor referaenc on my part.
I was defending his choice occupation that you were disparaging.

My apologies.

hondo
10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the grand scheme of things it was a minor fuax pas. However it was on the world stage. The rest of world needs a laugh at times.

Was it wrong for him to do it? In a legal sense absolutely not.
Was it appropriate for Obama to lower the office of the presidency to a position of what looked like a case of personal groveling in front of the IOC and the rest of the world? That can be debated.

Well it has been fun while it lasted.

Not to worry. I am assure the anointed one will provide us with plenty of more comic material. </div></div>

So you think the rest of the world laughed over this?
Why?
Your hatred of Obama appears to have totally clouded your reasoning powers.
Can you provide a link other than one of Dub's wingnut rags that shows the rest of the world is laughing over Chicago not getting the Olympics?

hondo
10-05-2009, 08:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will be interesting to see what the body count runs up to in Afghanistan and what your position will be then.

I suspect once it crests the total in Iraq under Bush you will sing a different tune about the good war of Afghanistan.
</div></div>

Where does she say that, Sev? The good war?
The body count will be "interesting"?

Have you been to war? Was the body count interesting?

Man, I'm not going to attack you the way Wolfie does but I'm
finding your posts less and less amusing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Gayle in MD
10-05-2009, 08:27 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>But Bush would not and did not. 9-11 was a bit more pressing.
</span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! That's got to be the funniest thing you've ever written. Bush? On top of 9/11? HA HA HA HA....Dream on Sherlock!

</span> </span>

Sev
10-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Where would you ever get the impression that I hate Obama personally?
I dont really care about the man. Its his decisions and policies that I disagree with.

Its not a matter of hate but rather a philosophical difference.

Please dont confuse the the two.

hondo
10-05-2009, 08:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you would agree that peddling pool lessons is a bit more respectable than working the red light district. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
</div></div>

Way out of line! If you have a lick of sense you'll immediately apologize.

I am truly ashamed of you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

hondo
10-05-2009, 08:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you would agree that peddling pool lessons is a bit more respectable than working the red light district. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
</div></div>

You really have no dignity at all, do you. I wouldn't know, I've never been IN a red light district. Why don't you give us your very knowledgable take on the subject, since given your psychological issues, I'm sure no one would be inspired to engage willingly with you, so you must know all about it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Ignore him, Gayle. He's obviously drunk or on pills or both.

hondo
10-05-2009, 08:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where would you ever get the impression that I hate Obama personally?
I dont really care about the man. Its his decisions and policies that I disagree with.

Its not a matter of hate but rather a philosophical difference.

Please dont confuse the the two.

</div></div>

How about responding to my main points in that post?
Is the rest of the world laughing? Link?

Gayle in MD
10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you would agree that peddling pool lessons is a bit more respectable than working the red light district. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Ignore him, Gayle. He's obviously drunk or on pills or both. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Thanks, I intend to do just that. There are several on here who actually hate the president so deeply, and are such poor losers, that they'd actually rather see things worsen for our trops, and our economy, if it would put Obama in a bad light. That's exactly what this post was about from the start, before it was high jacked, and some here are too stupid to realize that their responses prove my point. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sev
10-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Dream on was a great show.

I love Sherlock Holmes.

wolfdancer
10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
do I really come across as attacking? I like to think of myself as
a first responder......but maybe I do go one toke over the line,Sweet Jesus... now and then.
I also believe they often post just for the shock value of posting....just to p.o. people here...like Gayle for example.They can't really believe some of the crap they write...
take the war for example....it was all the "surge" awhile back, but now it seems we were ready after 8 years to withdraw out troops 'cept fer that war mongering former African headhunter and now illegal alien, sitting in the WH
Sev seems bright, but either he's half wacko, or I am. One of us has a poor grasp on reality. Steve is another one that I can't understand...another fact revisionist imo. At least one can exchange some posts with Sev, not that we would ever agree on anything, you can't do that with "teach" who can argue against one's "reality"....Sure you could nail him with facts....but I remember this story from a long time ago, about a guy with constant back pains...Doctor after doctor tried and failed to find a cause, and one of them decided it was all in his mind and sent him to see a shrink....who did cure him of his backache.
And then the guy who had been subconsciously punishing himself with imaginary pain.....had to face up to reality....and killed himself. I don't want Steve's or lww's blood on my hands....well maybe lww's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
lww is also intelligent, but who the **** can tolerate him?

Sev
10-06-2009, 05:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do I really come across as attacking? I like to think of myself as
a first responder......but maybe I do go one toke over the line,Sweet Jesus... now and then.
I also believe they often post just for the shock value of posting....just to p.o. people here...like Gayle for example.They can't really believe some of the crap they write...
take the war for example....it was all the "surge" awhile back, but now it seems we were ready after 8 years to withdraw out troops 'cept fer that war mongering former African headhunter and now illegal alien, sitting in the WH
Sev seems bright, but either he's half wacko, or I am. One of us has a poor grasp on reality. Steve is another one that I can't understand...another fact revisionist imo. At least one can exchange some posts with Sev, not that we would ever agree on anything, you can't do that with "teach" who can argue against one's "reality"....Sure you could nail him with facts....but I remember this story from a long time ago, about a guy with constant back pains...Doctor after doctor tried and failed to find a cause, and one of them decided it was all in his mind and sent him to see a shrink....who did cure him of his backache.
And then the guy who had been subconsciously punishing himself with imaginary pain.....had to face up to reality....and killed himself. I don't want Steve's or lww's blood on my hands....well maybe lww's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
lww is also intelligent, but who the **** can tolerate him? </div></div>

Well thanks for the compliment. I think.
The only people thus far I cant have an intelligent discussion with reside on this forum. Its quite entertaining to watch people wander around with their self imposed blinders on.

Am I correct all the time no. However the topics should be upen to lucid debate not continual personal attacks.

hondo
10-06-2009, 06:36 AM
LOL! I was using his words.

You attack? Nah.

Kerbouchard
10-06-2009, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In any case, I am glad that Obama failed in his plea to have the Olympics held in Chicago, not because I want him to fail, but in the hopes that the defeat will stem the ever expanding <span style='font-size: 14pt'>ego. </span>
</div></div>

Some of us think a big ego is when a president lies the country into an un-necessary, illegal, immoral war, and then has the colossal nerve to completely F. it up, then turns right around and says he can't think of any mistakes he made. Oh, well, maybe it was when he said "Bring 'em on!" he said later. yeah, they did just that, only it wasn't over four thousand people in the Bush and Cheney families that lost their lives.

But then, Reagan had a pretty good sized ego, too. He tried to spread it around that he ended the cold war! LMAO! when actually, he also committed treason, selling arms to our enemies, who just happened to be international thugs, drug dealers, too.

The long and filthy Republican past is still picking up steam. Now, they have their "Family" of the chosen, who are above not only the law, but not held to the same account for their sins, since God gives them a bye in advance. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Those were my words, not some pundit. For what its worth, I have never listened to Rush Limbaugh and have no interest in starting. How about you debate or disprove what I have actually written rather than go into some tirade about how I used the same word as somebody else? Also, my post, and this thread, was about the benefit of Obama's failure to secure the Olympics. I have no idea what Bush or Regan have to do with the topic, but then again, that's about par for the course. When you can't use logic or facts to debate, you attack the person who posted, and then bring up Bush.

When I listen to Obama speak, I think he comes off as cocky. His choice of words, not Rush's, leads me to my conclusions. When he speaks of 'his' destiny instead of this countries, or when he gets up in front of world leaders and uses rhetoric rather than facts, it reaffirms my conclusions.

He has to realize that when he is on an international stage that he is not speaking to the 'average' American, but instead to world leaders. The same parlor tricks won't work. These countries and leaders have seen U.S. Presidents come and go, and I believe it is offensive for one man, even if is the POTUS, to believe that just because he was elected the world is a better place.

The leaders of the countries he is addressing know that his election changes nothing. Extremists still want genocide. Terrorists still want terror. Iran still wants to become a nuclear threat, and half the middle east still wants to see the destruction of Israel and the U.S.

Just because we elected a half-black president changes none of that, and while his election was a large step forward for African American's, it really doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things and definitely not on a global scale.

World leaders are calling Obama naive and hinting that his naivety is dangerous. I would say that Obama definitely needs a wake up call, and like I mentioned earlier, hopefully, this small defeat will remind him that he is just a man and that a speech is just a speech.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kerbouchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't necessarily applaud the fact that Obama or America lost the Olympics, although I do believe that hosting the Olympics is a financial drain that America cannot afford at this time.

<span style="color: #000066">And you believe that because that is the RW BS tht is being falsely spread around. There were no outstanding debts left over from Atlanta's Olympics, and in fact, lots of the money goes toward improving the infrastructure of any given area. The reason why we lost is because the U.S. has traditionally taken a bigger cut from profits. These days, there are other countries willing to host without taking that huge cut of the profits. The problem with the Olympics for America, is that our Olympic committee is incompetent, and unwilling to operate under our current losses of respect in the world which George Bush and Dick Cheney created during their F-ed up administration, which ruined our reputation. hence, none other than Dick Ebersol, NBC's Shariman of Sports and the Olympics, has stated that the President and the First Lady did a mastervul job, were absolutely correct to set time aside to stand for America's best interests, and that it was not Obama who lost the bid, but the incompetent American Olympic Committee.

As usual, you don't have a clue. </span>

In any case, I am glad that Obama failed in his plea to have the Olympics held in Chicago, not because I want him to fail, but in the hopes that the defeat will stem the ever expanding ego.\

<span style="color: #000066">More partisan hatred, and lack of patriotism in the interest of being a poor loser, uninformed on the issue being discussed. </span>

He does need to realize that a few minutes of his time and a speech is not enough to change the world or even influence the international community.

<span style="color: #000066">President Obama has already shown that he has raised the level of international approval of America, as he toured other countrries, met by huge crowds of cheering citizens. Bush, OTOH, has to hide in his gated community, and is booed everywhere he goes. Actually, you need to realize that the many critical failure of the Bush Administration, threaten your own life, and that of your family, and the American future, instead of just tuning into another RW nut for your talking points, and read a few books. </span>

When France is telling the United States to stop dreaming about tomorrow and do something about the present, something is very wrong with our leadership.

<span style="color: #000066">France didn't do that. </span>

Hopefully, even this small defeat will bring Obama back to Earth and remind him it is actions that matter on the world stage, and not some speech filled with rhetoric.
<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>HA HA HA, "Mission Accomplished?" "Major combat Operations In Iraq Are Over." ???? "The Shiney City On The Hill" (owned and operated by corporate America) "Mr. G. Tear Down That Wall" when the wall had already crumbled for economic reasons? LMAO, when it comes to rhetoric, your team can't get enough of it.</span> </span>

It might have gotten him elected, but it is not going to influence or bring about 'change' to the world. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">So you righties hope, against your own best interests, as usual, and that of our country. Repulsive rhetoric from the anti-american right wingnuts who never have a clue about what is actually going on. Ignorance on parade.

G. </span>

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kerbouchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Those were my words, not some pundit. For what its worth, I have never listened to Rush Limbaugh and have no interest in starting. How about you debate or disprove what I have actually written rather than go into some tirade about how I used the same word as somebody else? Also, my post, and this thread, was about the benefit of Obama's failure to secure the Olympics. I have no idea what Bush or Regan have to do with the topic, but then again, that's about par for the course. When you can't use logic or facts to debate, you attack the person who posted, and then bring up Bush.

When I listen to Obama speak, I think he comes off as cocky. His choice of words, not Rush's, leads me to my conclusions. When he speaks of 'his' destiny instead of this countries, or when he gets up in front of world leaders and uses rhetoric rather than facts, it reaffirms my conclusions.

He has to realize that when he is on an international stage that he is not speaking to the 'average' American, but instead to world leaders. The same parlor tricks won't work. These countries and leaders have seen U.S. Presidents come and go, and I believe it is offensive for one man, even if is the POTUS, to believe that just because he was elected the world is a better place.

<span style="color: #000066">All of the above statements are projections made by yourself, through your own partisan hatred, Obama has never made such statements. </span>

The leaders of the countries he is addressing know that his election changes nothing.

<span style="color: #000066">More proof of your own wish to project your opinions instead of accepting the facts which prove otherwise. </span>

Extremists still want genocide. Terrorists still want terror.
<span style="color: #000066">Exactly and hence, that indicates that Bush's WOT, was a joke, and failed completely to prevent a tactic, by launching an illegal war in the interest of his cornies, and his personal grudge against Saddam, and all those who called his Da DA a whimp for not getting Saddam, in the first place. The idiocy of trying to force democracy at the end of guns and bombs, has failed, as he took his eye off Afghanistan, and al Qaeda, and the best opportunity our country EVER had to destroy al Qaeda. </span>

Iran still wants to become a nuclear threat, and half the middle east still wants to see the destruction of Israel and the U.S.

<span style="color: #000066">That's right, Eight years of an administration which ignored all other threats, and left two wars, and a srumbling economy, has emboldened our enemies, and damaged our reputation. Eight years! Not eight months, created that situation of which you speak, ad N.Korea, and Iran, became more and more of a threat. THANK YOU BUSH AND THE REPUBLICAN BLANK CHECKERS! </span>

Just because we elected a half-black president changes none of that,
<span style="color: #000066">Ah ha, and now, like the rest of your cronies, we see the real source of your hatred. </span>

and while his election was a large step forward for African American's, it really doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things and definitely not on a global scale.

<span style="color: #000066">FActs prove otherwise. Those masses of cheering crowds around the world, provide a very different picture from the ugly one you would like to promote. On a global acale, FYI, polls immediately improved. You won't hear that on Fixed Noise Network, nor from the Beck's and hannities of the world. Just keep slurping up the RWBS. That's your preferred reality, which suits your racist attitudes. </span>
World leaders are calling Obama naive and hinting that his naivety is dangerous.

<span style="color: #000066">World leaders, LMAO! Like Dick Cheney? The Republican Party Leaders? Name one world leader who has made that statement! </span>

I would say that Obama definitely needs a wake up call, and like I mentioned earlier, hopefully, this small defeat will remind him that he is just a man and that a speech is just a speech. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I'm quite sure that President Obama could give a **** about what you, or any other RWNUT thinks. If there are any people in this country who seriously need a wake up call, it is the "Nuckle dragging, Neanderthals" like you, and the Republican Party!</span>

Kerbouchard
10-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Yes, France did.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1031943.html

And as far as the Olympics being profitable...
http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/02/news/economy/chicago_olympics_rejection/index.htm

Bobbyrx
10-06-2009, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem with the Olympics for America, is that our Olympic committee is incompetent, and unwilling to operate under our current losses of respect in the world which George Bush and Dick Cheney created during their F-ed up administration, which ruined our reputation </div></div>

So you blame Bush and Cheney for Chicago not getting the Olympics?

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 08:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do I really come across as attacking? I like to think of myself as
lww is also intelligent, but who the **** can tolerate him? </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>The man writes this:

"Actually I was attacking you.
However it seems to have gone over your head."

Then accuses me of being a prostutute! </span> </span>

<span style="color: #000066">Then writes this?

<span style='font-size: 17pt'> Am I correct all the time no. However the topics should be upen to lucid debate not continual personal attacks.</span> </span>

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Then he accuses others of hypocracy! </span> </span>

<span style="color: #000066">What a crock! Typical </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<span style="color: #000066">Ha ha ha, too funny! </span>

Kerbouchard
10-06-2009, 08:26 AM
I am not a Republican, heck, I'm not even a conservative. Attempting to use attacks against Republicans to defend Liberals is a non-start for me.

If anything, I would classify myself as an Objectivist, but then again, you wouldn't have any idea what that actually means.

As far as attacking me personally by calling me a racist or partisan hack, if that's the best you got, go ahead. Idiotic, unfounded, name-calling doesn't bother me in the least.

When you can do better than ad hominem arguments, I would be pleased to debate the facts with you.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kerbouchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, France did.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1031943.html

<span style="color: #000066">LMAO! HA HA HA! According to sources? Is that the best you can compe up with after that broad reaching statement? And NOW&lt; You'
re on Sarkozy's side?

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>HA HA HA HA HA....Pahleeeze! I don't need your help to prove my points! </span> </span>

And as far as the Olympics being profitable...
http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/02/news/economy/chicago_olympics_rejection/index.htm
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>And this one is even funnier, ARRON?!!! Pahleeeze. The fact is, you need to look at the facts, not dig around for opinions you like, and can use to promote your own ignorant suppositions!

Atlanta Olympics created thousands of jobs, and left behind NO DEBT, at all!

Try again, and next time come up with something reasonable, and factual.
G. </span> </span>

pooltchr
10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ any more than I have to peddle pool lessons to make my way in life.

Ha ha ha...

</div></div>

More personal attacks. Be proud of yourself!
I suppose collecting on lawsuits would be a more respectable way of making a living????

As for your comments about people hating Obama, you are so far off base it isn't even funny. And coming from someone who spent 8 years spewing her hatred of Bush, it becomes pathetic....which is what you have become as well.

I hope someone copies this so you will actually see it. You are an elitist old biddy who think you are better than everyone else. If my career choice isn't up to your lofty standards that's too bad. I love what I do, and I never dread going to work. The way I look at it, that's the definition of success.

Steve

Sev
10-06-2009, 09:23 AM
I apologized for a poor choice in words.

I made one slip up in commentary where as you quite on purpose have attacked me continually on a personal level rather than debate the points of the issues at hand.

You have not once tendered anything resembling contrition concerning your personal attacks. Its to be expected people of your world view though.

Carry on though. You are quite amusing if not in a sad sort of way.