PDA

View Full Version : Do Dems never learn?

pooltchr
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
The recent death of 8 of our soldiers in a remote Afganistan outpost has got me to thinking. Turns out the plans were to pull our troops out of that area in a matter of days. McCrystal had announced that he was pulling back from the remote areas to concentrate on the population centers.
But in the population centers, troops are being severely restricted in what kind of fighting they can engage in with the Tally-ban. This is supposedly in an effort to try to eliminate any civilian collateral deaths.
So, we now can't fight them in the cities, and we won't fight them in the country.
The end result will be more troop deaths, less public support for our efforts to fight terrorists, and the eventual withdrawl of troops out of the area. ((No victory here, just get out)

Having seen firsthand how ineffective our military can be when the politicians restrict their ability to fight to win a war in Viet Nam, I see the same end result on the horizon. No victory, pull out our troops, and allow everything to revert back to the way things were before we got there. That was Johnson's war for the most part although it was left for the Nixon administration to mop up.

So I'm trying to figure out why the left is so willing to allow our military to be put in harms way, and at the same time tie their hands behind their back. Do they really think that victory for Americans on the battlefield is a bad thing?

Steve

wolfdancer
10-05-2009, 04:36 PM
You having flashbacks again?
lemme have a hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q)
You are now a peacenik, hello.... and after 8 years of our troops fighting in Iraq, poorly equipped, hello....you are suddenly concerned...and now believe it's the left that are the War Hawks? hello
Time for you to get the tie dyed shirts and fringed dungarees out of the locker, grow a pigtail, hook up with some coke heads and march on Washington.....
I know you think we already got the guy responsible for 9/11, and why chase Bush's Arbusto business partner into the desert, when we could just sue for peace....hello, is that an echo I hear in that vast intellectual wasteland between your ears
I doubt that you can sell that **** here or anywhere else....but maybe AZB. Did you get that crap off of Fox, or did you volunteer for the chip implant durung Bush's reign of error?
It's hard to keep lowering the bar, but somehow you manage.
I think you should turn your furnace up so that the next time someones says you got a room temp IQ....you can tell them proudly, it's 81 degrees in here.
Speaking of McCrystal.....is that some new drug from Ireland...you tried some already??? Hello....

Sev
10-05-2009, 04:40 PM
The solution for Afghanistan.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/8666f747.jpg

wolfdancer
10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
good one !!!!

pooltchr
10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Your lack of reading comprehension skills is second only to your outstanding ability to jump to false conclusions with absolutely no basis.

I was not against the war in Viet Nam. I enlisted in 1972 when I was 18. What I was against was the way the government prevented the military from going into Viet Nam and Cambodia and doing what needed to be done.
It's the same thing now. There is a job to do, and the admin is preventing the military from performing to the maximum of their capabilities.
I can't make it any easier for you...I guess you are just doomed to be forever lost in your own reality.
Steve

wolfdancer
10-05-2009, 06:07 PM
So at age 15, you had the war all figured out, and now at age
2009-1972+18....hmmmm, I'll need my slide rule which I am using as a shim for my pool table....it leans towards the nearby river that I pay $500 flood insurance premiums against it sweeping away my house.
So now at age whatever....you have this war all figgered out as well, based on your past experience no doubt, and now conclude that President Obama is preventing us from winning the war....gee, if only Cheney had gotten a third term, and lets not forget his stooge....we were just days from whatever
One of us is getting dumber by the day.....and I'm not entirely sure it's you.....it's this ***** board.....I have to dumb down all my posts, so that I can get my points across.....
Time for me to go where no man here dares to go....a public library.....

pooltchr
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Time for me to go where no man here dares to go....a public library..... </div></div>

Since you continue to show your lack of reading comprehension skills, a trip to the library for you makes about as much sense as a bald man going to the barber shop. You don't give them much to work with!

Steve

wolfdancer
10-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I doubt that you even know where the library is in your city. I have spent time in ours, but not lately.

LWW
10-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Obama will likely follow the LBJ model. Lack the resolve to win but fear the political ramifications of a loss ... so we will continue to send in ever more targets.

LWW

Kerbouchard
10-06-2009, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Time for me to go where no man here dares to go....a public library..... </div></div>

Since you continue to show your lack of reading comprehension skills, a trip to the library for you makes about as much sense as a bald man going to the barber shop. You don't give them much to work with!

Steve</div></div>

That's hilarious. It would be funnier, still, if only it weren't true.

I am not a warmonger and I am not a peacenik. I believe that if we are going to fight a war, we need to fight it to win it. Politics have NO place on the battlefield. I assure you that our soldiers, marines and sailors don't give a flip who the man next to them voted for.

A war that can be won politically shouldn't have been a war in the first place, and once we send our soldiers to war, the politics need to be set aside and our military should be given our full support and every opportunity to succeed.

It simply is not possible to win a war if your primary agenda is not, to win, but to look good in the media and play political games. And that goes for both the left and right.

pooltchr
10-06-2009, 08:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kerbouchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve</div></div>

I am not a warmonger and I am not a peacenik. I believe that if we are going to fight a war, we need to fight it to win it. Politics have NO place on the battlefield. I assure you that our soldiers, marines and sailors don't give a flip who the man next to them voted for.

A war that can be won politically shouldn't have been a war in the first place, and once we send our soldiers to war, the politics need to be set aside and our military should be given our full support and every opportunity to succeed.

It simply is not possible to win a war if your primary agenda is not, to win, but to look good in the media and play political games. And that goes for both the left and right. </div></div>

Very well stated!

Steve

Sev
10-06-2009, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kerbouchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve</div></div>

It simply is not possible to win a war if your primary agenda is not, to win, but to look good in the media and play political games. And that goes for both the left and right. </div></div>

Very well stated!

Steve </div></div>

Indeed.

LWW
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kerbouchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve</div></div>

Very well stated!

Steve </div></div>

Indeed. </div></div>

Tritto.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-06-2009, 01:42 PM
congratulations!!!! you finally got yerself a "yes man" to second and approve your uh informative rants, er posts here.
Everybody needs a back up guy.
I take it now that you will be changing the opening lines to your posts from "isn't that right Sev, to kerboredom?"
I larnt sumthin from this thread....you are jes one of them talking heads, parroting whatever it was you heer'd on Fox newsthink....
Polly want a cracker?

Kerbouchard
10-06-2009, 04:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congratulations!!!! you finally got yerself a "yes man" to second and approve your uh informative rants, er posts here.
Everybody needs a back up guy.
I take it now that you will be changing the opening lines to your posts from "isn't that right Sev, to kerboredom?"
I larnt sumthin from this thread....you are jes one of them talking heads, parroting whatever it was you heer'd on Fox newsthink....
Polly want a cracker?</div></div>

So, was there something in my post you disagreed with, or was it just my turn to be insulted?

wolfdancer
10-06-2009, 05:21 PM
what's insulting to you?....I'm happy for Steve he found someone to agree with his postulates....it's been a long dry spell for him.
Since he usually begins his posts by addressing them to Sev or lww, I just asked if he would now be addressing them to a more kindred spirit, but notice now that I spelled your name wrong,by mistake

pooltchr
10-07-2009, 08:34 AM
I would have thought you would have been around here long enough to know how this forum works. At the top of a post you will find the name of the person who made the post. So if you look closely, you will see that I was not the original poster. I just made the comment that he had stated his position very well.

Come on now. Try to pay attention.

Steve